Thread: Kendall Wright given unprecedented freedom from coaches.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kendall Wright given unprecedented freedom from coaches.

Saw this on reddit and I thought I would share it here. Not going to lie, I wanted Kendal Wright BAD and well when he was taken mere picks before ours by Tennessee I was gutted. We were very lucky to end up with Gordon, all things considered. I don't even want to fathom the predicament this team would be in without Gordon on the roster.

Kendall Wright has proved to be one of the NFL’s most dependable wide receivers, as he leads the league in third-down catches this season.

But he doesn’t always do things according to the book.

In fact, Titans quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick described Wright’s style as “street-ballish” — using the term in the most complimentary fashion.

“He’s hard to cover because he’s kind of freewheeling out there a little bit,” Fitzpatrick said. “That can screw you up a little bit as a quarterback, but kind of the feel I have for him — and maybe some of it is my background with (former Bills teammate) Stevie Johnson — is that Kendall is the type of receiver you need to give some freedom. That’s when he’s at his best, and that’s what he’s been at his best doing this year.”

Offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains agreed with Fitzpatrick’s assessment, comparing Wright to Broncos wideout Wes Welker in terms of his ability to get open by whatever means possible.

“The thing Kendall knows is where he needs to be and how deep he needs to be, and he knows at what point Ryan is expecting him to be there,” Loggains said. “How he gets there … you can’t put the kid in a box because you take away some of his creativity.”
    Loggains said he’s given Wright unprecedented leeway in terms of not running routes precisely by the numbers.

“He’d be the only guy on this team that has that option,” Loggains said. “He’s the only guy I’ve ever been a part of on a football team — on any coaching staff I’ve ever been on — that has had that freedom to get where he needs to get.”
    It turns out Wright, who has 25 receptions on third down, is pretty tricky after he catches the ball as well.

He ranks third among all wide receivers with 448 yards after the catch, trailing only Denver’s Demaryius Thomas (527) and Washington’s Pierre Garcon (450).
    His 448 yards after the catch are already more than any Titans/Oilers wide receiver has posted in an entire season since 1992, when that stat was first tracked.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah,that wouldve been a killer pickup...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, just IMAGINE...

Gordon/Wright

Holy fuck -_- dare to dream.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Gordon Wright and Jordan would've been a great trio.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

I keep dreaming of Gordon and Megatron as bookend WR's...how devastating could that be...I would almost trade one of this years 1st rounders and,a player to be named later and some cash to get him if the lions finish poorly this season...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

and it is a shame Greg Little can't do it as he got the body for it but not hand. I would love it if we can pick up two more top notch receiver with Little as cover.