Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: BARKING HARD Member Introductions and Map... Please drop in and say hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chet the jet View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just curious, looking at the map I don't see my location. Do I do something to show it or is supposed to be done automatically or does someone maintain it.

Thanks.

Now I have two posts along with my lurking status.
    Go to the first page, there is a box just above the map where you enter your location.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, it worked

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I'm Rhys. I'm 26 and from Blackwood, a small town in the South Wales valleys.

I got into the Browns through Aston Villa, which is my soccer team here in the UK. We're owned by a gentleman named Randy Lerner (sorry if that is like a swear word around here) who owned the Browns at the time and so I thought I'd give football a try. I must admit the first few matches I tried to watch just confused the hell out of me, and whilst I still kept track of the season record and our standing in the division, I couldn't properly get into NFL.

Thankfully, that changed last year when I watched the Superbowl with some friends who actually understood the sport (it's very much rugby and soccer country here, although NFL interest is growing). After what seemed like an eternity reading up online, watching youtube videos and playing Madden, I now feel like I understand the basics of the game enough that I wouldn't made an absolute idiot of myself on a board like this (well, not all the time anyway!)

Nice to meet you all, and Go Browns!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to meet you Rhys...welcome aboard. I supposedly have a little Welsh in me (poor guy).

Glad to have you aboard...and believe me, most of us make idiots of ourselves on a daily basis.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DawgFan!

I've had a really fun time keeping up with things over the off-season. It's a real first season for me and I think we've got a few things to be excited about.

Obviously you guys know more than me, but it sounds like we have a solid defensive base. I've lurked on a few threads in the last day or so and you guys seem to have some great, in-depth discussion so it should make for good reading for a rookie like me.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to have you boat. Hope you become a permanent fixture around here. And I apologize in advance if you get confused with boatshoes, nobody would want that.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

I saw there was a guy on here with a similar user name! I chose it because it's a repeated-line from that film 'Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead'. The old gangsters all say it to each other as a greeting. Anyhow, best have a look at some threads. Cheers for the welcome, guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone,

Well, as you can see, I messed my name up. I left the "s" off. That wasn't very smart of me.

I'm from Bellefontaine, Ohio and a long time Browns fan. My Dad was a fan and is now passed, I carry on the tradition.

I'll see you on the board.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcoma aboard Lisa. Nice to have a female voice on here from time to time.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to BH Lisa and boatdrinks!
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings,

My name's Dan. I'm obviously British. Formerly living and working in Prague (Europe's most beautiful city, you have to go), but now back in London.

Love Cleveland and Cleveland sports. I got into baseball and the Indians in 2002 when I went to The Jake (I am a glutton for punishment since my NL team is the Cubs...yeah), then got into basketball and the Cavs the year later, and made it the full trio back in 2004.

I am pretty psychotic when it comes to my Cleveland sports teams. As you can imagine, the Cavs and Tribe games start in the early hours of the morning here, but I still stay up and watch them even when I have work the next day (I sleep early and wake up early when the teams play on the west coast).

Favourite Cleveland sports memory was Bill Selby's walk off slam off Mo Rivera (because I was there).

I am engaged to a beautiful woman from Mexico, who I met at University, and we are marrying in Cancun next year.

I work in International Development in Central and East Africa

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard....hope we can put together a winner this year.

Love Cancun...go to some resorts south of there just about every year. All-inclusives over there are the best!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    Welcome aboard....hope we can put together a winner this year.

Love Cancun...go to some resorts south of there just about every year. All-inclusives over there are the best!!!
    You're not wrong. We're marrying in a sweet Iberostar resort, one of which my airline put me up in when my flight was delayed 18 hours.

I have a tri-bet going on that has the Cubs, Cavs & Manchester City being crowned champions in the present/coming season

I know I am asking for the heavens by betting on a Cubs AND Cleveland championship in the same season, but hey, it will give me a solid 500 ($775) return for a fiver.

I think the Cavs will do it (with or without TT)
    In fact, I think they will be so devastating that I predict a 70 win season (barring injuries)

Post Thanks / Like

Are you a wrestling fan BBB?

Welcome aboard!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings,

My name is Kasim. I'm 22, and I lived in Columbus from 2002 to 2010, where I became a Browns fan. I live in D.C. now, and go to college in Atlanta, but I do my best to keep up with the latest in Cleveland. Looking forward to hearing from y'all in the forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Kasim! Glad to have you here! We have a lot of different personalities here, but ultimately we're like one big, sometimes a bit dysfunctional, family. Happy holidays and Go Browns!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    sometimes a bit dysfunctional
    Tangelo...methinks you are being a bit...umm...understated on this.

Seriously though Kasim, we do have a great bunch here. Look beyond the sniping and you may just get some good info. Welcome aboard, after all misery loves company.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes you just got to get away. The negativity got so bad and the losing so hard to take after such bad drafts, I really needed a timeout. Retired and been traveling and had a few operations. Was hard to even find some place to see the games sometimes. Back in the Youngstown area for awhile. Man, forgot how much I hated winters.

The recent housecleaning and hiring of Hue has given me hope. His first words "Got to get a QB", that gives me hope.

Want to come back and post after a few years away. Hopefully recharged with positive vibes and a new attitude.

See some old posters, like my buddy Shep (missed you bud, hope we're cool) and some new ones, hope to have some fun......Go Browns

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see you back around these parts Ytown.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Jeremy and I just joined. I just became a browns fan because the Browns just signed Terrell Watson. I coached him in high school and he's an amazing player and person. I hope he becomes a great player for the Browns for many years to come.

You guys will love him!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard toprank!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, I've been looking for a good Browns discussion board and have been following this one for a few days so I decided to make an account and introduce myself. I'm 27 years old living in VT. I've pretty much just picked my own teams to follow for every sport as I grew up closer to Montreal than Boston so I've never really been a Boston sports junkie. Started following the Browns a few years ago as I got more into football and bought a Josh Gordon jersey before his first season long suspension. Hoping to see him back this year.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi before chiming in on some posts over the course of this offseason.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard...always nice to have some new insights.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

I've been posting on here as Boatdrinks over the last season, but I've recently changed e-mail addresses and, because my last username led to a short mistaken-identity ban (someone called boatshoes I was mixed up with), I've signed up with a new profile to avoid the confusion.