Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RULES and FAQ! (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation RULES and FAQ! (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)

Welcome to Barking Hard. We’re a passionate football community who love the game but more importantly we love the Cleveland Browns. Critical, objective discussions are appreciated so don’t be shy to voice your opinions. Many of us don’t bite…

Now Just a few notes.

Respect the OP: IF someone wants to talk about something specific regarding the team, respect their thread and keep things on topic. We don’t need to drag discussions about offense in to the one thread about who our new middle linebacker could be. Be mindful of the discussion being had. Topics go astray, so don't be shy to try and bring it back on topic either.

Personal Attacks: It’s simple, don't be an asshole. If your post contains a malicious verbal attack toward another poster it will be moved to Hell. Repeated incidents will earn you a temporary ban or permanent removal from the forum depending on their severity. We all like to beat our opinions to death but just be respectful about it when you feel like taking exception. We’ve all been there where you feel you must take a playful jab at another poster but if it’s inflammatory or disrespectful, it’s not acceptable.

Linking News Articles: IF you’re going to link an article, take the time to copy and paste at least a couple of paragraphs to share your findings. We’re not a gateway for someone else’s net hits. BTW: Spam will be deleted. If you create an account just to post some article you/your friend wrote, its thread will be closed. Repeated incidents will get you banned. We are here to talk football, not shill some Browns related article you wrote.

QB Discussion: Please keep it to the megathread to prevent other threads from being muddied with QB talk. QB related threads will be merged with the megathread so please be mindful of this. IF you start a thread to discuss our QB situation, and find it is gone, it has likely been merged to the current megathread.

IF you guys can think of any other FAQ’s that should be shared here I might've missed let me know and I’ll edit appropriately. Feel free to reach out to me via DM if you have any concerns.

Hit the introduction forum, and say hello and dive in!

GO BROWNS WOOF WOOF WOOF!
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 04-19-2016 at 06:10 PM.
    BROWNS 2017: TIME TO SHIT THE BED IN ANOTHER DRAFT, YAY!
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all cap threads? Interesting. I mostly stay on Texags and they don't do that.

Post Thanks / Like

It's more of a measure of keeping discussion organized. I don't know about you but I hate reading through 5+ pages of discussion just to make a post. That was something I was pretty anal about before but with traffic picking up it's going to be much more liberal.
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's more of a measure of keeping discussion organized. I don't know about you but I hate reading through 5+ pages of discussion just to make a post. That was something I was pretty anal about before but with traffic picking up it's going to be much more liberal.
    Thread cap....boy EE does that make sense, but it is the first time I have seen it. I belong to several car forum and you have to read 37 pages to find out why the guys motor blew up in his 2014 Camaro....but he posted the answer on page 5 and stopped posting

Post Thanks / Like

test

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    test
    Don't threaten me!

Post Thanks / Like

^^her Bozongas^^ are like Airbags

....oh, wait...

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance we can go with a thumbs up/thumbs down thing. There are times (often actually) that you want to say "that is stupid" without actually saying it. Just sayin'.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Gabe,

I'm unable to Embed Instagram. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I get an error about hashtags, but that's part of Insta's embed code.
    2017 Draft picks:Left: #145, #175, #181, #185, #188
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Kizer, Peppers, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, R. Louis, Payton, 2018 1st rnd (Texans) & 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles)
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bringing the noise, #DawgPound ������
    A photo posted by Cleveland Browns (@clevelandbrowns) on

Yah, don't know what's up with that, if it's a prob with the embed code or this site.

Try this: http://instagram.com/p/f-gSfFyp7c copy red text and place between: [igm] tags.

*Edit - Nevermind, that doesn't work either.
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 09-24-2015 at 09:33 PM.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

It's something with the site, as sometimes those confusing blocks pop up, and others not.

Twitter just blocked an embed code as I sit here at a PC (ie - not a mobile or app issue), but just pasting the link allowed the site to auto-embed it.

In the past, that hasn't worked for Insta. Will keep fiddling.
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Kizer, Peppers, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, R. Louis, Payton, 2018 1st rnd (Texans) & 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles)
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know where this logo is from, but I kind of love it. If we ever end up doing a BH store, I'd dig seeing this Dawg in the mix:

http://hd4wallpapers.net/sport-deskt...logo-5116.html
    http://hd4wallpapers.net/sport-desktop-wallpapers

I think there're sites where you set up an on-line store and they're printed only as ordered.
    I may google around some later. Proceeds could go to site fees.
    Last edited by OconRecon; 11-25-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea ocon. Love you man.

Still have $60 to put towards something from the banner we put up. Which I may as well take down at this point.

Will get to it eventually.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation (PLEASE READ) PSA: A moratorium on bullshit.

As you may or may not know, the moderator team here is very small. As of late, things have been for lack of a better word: ridiculous. We want fans of all opinions and ideals to be able to chat here but lately there has just been far too much division, too much ego, far too much attacking and far too little discussion of football. I get it, this is the internet, it’s a bit much to expect cordial discourse exclusively but I feel that it is not too much to expect a modicum of respect between posters. We do not have as much time to police this forum as we would like, and we want to be able to spend some of that available time actually enjoying and contributing to the forum rather than just moving posts and rolling our eyes as it tends to be like Groundhog’s Day around here…

So here is how it works:

- You attack this forum or its posters in a manner that is not conductive toward the discussion of the OP your post will be moved to hell. This is without prejudice. The less your post has to do with football, the less likely it will contribute to meaningful discussion...

- If your post is moved to hell for attacking posters, you are officially on notice.
    There will be no formal warnings of any sort, however a moderator may choose to reach out to you to alert you that you should be aware of your conduct to prevent a future ban. Hell is public, you'll know your posts are there. Is your post suddenly gone from a thread? Odds are it has been moved to hell.

- If you’re on notice and your incidents persist, you will receive a ban. Ban length will be determined based upon any previous bans. If you have been banned multiple times (at this point we’re ideally looking over the course of months) or if your incident is of requisite severity according to the moderator team, we will ban you permanently. This will be applied with instance specific sensitivity but without prejudice.

We are not unreasonable people. We understand that friendly jousting occurs but the distinction between a friendly jab and an outright attack is rather clear and self-explanatory. The old adage goes: if you have to ask yourself if it’s okay, it’s probably not. All we want is to talk football, that's why we are all here. If everyone agreed all the time well that is droll as it gets but we can disagree without resorting to swearing at other posters or playing the victim card or attacking the whole forum in outrage. If you don't want to talk football in a reasonable manner then you will be banned. If you don't like it, then there is a plethora of other forums for you to chose from.

That being considered... We have a very particular set of skills, skills that have been acquired over time. Skills that make us a nightmare for people like you. If you cut the bullshit now, that will be the end of it. Embrace football discussion and we will not look for you, we will not pursue you. But if you don’t, we will look for you, we will find you and we will ban you.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 12-28-2015 at 08:42 PM.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Rock on!

Post Thanks / Like

I would talk football...but I have been told I don't watch it, all I do is just look at the stats.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao. Smart ass.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am on notice. For a post that neither attacked this board nor the posters here. Hey, if valid criticism of our backup QB is off limits so his fanclub can have their way ban me rightnow EE and be done with it, because I am not going to stop calling out our moron back up QB as long as I am an active member here.

Post Thanks / Like

Then you've got nothing to worry about being banned if you're not attacking other posters... Say what you will about Manziel, you're entitled to your opinion.

I edited the OP to clarify. Personal attacks are the problem here. No player on this team is entitled to favouritism.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, then reinstate my post that was moved to hell as it broke no rules. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Then you've got nothing to worry about being banned if you're not attacking other posters... Say what you will about Manziel, you're entitled to your opinion.

I edited the OP to clarify. Personal attacks are the problem here. No player on this team is entitled to favouritism.
    Just for the record, I object to the policy.

First, in my opinion, calling Johnny Manziel a fucktard is as disruptive to civil discourse as calling PGL a fucktard.

Second, when I see a post in which Johnny is called a fucktard or equivalent pernicious term, I am unable to appropriately respond to such language without violating said policy?

Hell, by the stated policy, I can't even make appropriate fun of what the vulgar (insert appropriate noun) said without my post being sent to Hell because said vulgar (insert appropriate noun) might consider such jest a personal insult and tattle.

It seems rather uneven and unfair to me. It also seems to me that one should be able to adequately express his or her opinion without the use of pernicious and offensive language.

But that is just my opinion. Apparently other opinions vary.
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 12-29-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

If we feel a post is detracting from the forum and want to make a judgement call to move it to Hell, so be it. Personal insults are not tolerated, and are not on the same level as insulting a player. Duh.

This is not a swear free zone. Recent studies suggest people with potty mouths are more trust worthy, and mean what they say.

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/...-swearing.html
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 12-29-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Hell, you must love Trump.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    If we feel a post is detracting from the forum and want to make a judgement call to move it to Hell, so be it. Personal insults are not tolerated, and are not on the same level as insulting a player. Duh.

This is not a swear free zone. Recent studies suggests people with potty mouths are more trust worthy, and mean what they say.

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/...-swearing.html
    Very interesting piece, thank you