Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Do the Cavs NEED Kevin Love?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was reading that a "gentlemans agreement" was essentially in place. And Mikey, although I cannot deny my firm attachment to Team Canada I have to agree...

Whatever the trade may be, I will look forward to wanting to cheer for the Timberwolves again :P (Keep in mind I have no NBA allegiance, and like 5 favourite teams)
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Sources: Cleveland has agreement to acquire Kevin Love, including contract commitment

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...054657392.html

Part of the Cavaliers' motivation in making the deal for Love was a belief Love would have ended up with the rival Chicago Bulls in a trade and created a significant obstacle in the Eastern Conference, sources said. Cleveland wouldn't have had the salary-cap space to sign Love next summer and could have only obtained him through the trade with Minnesota in a deal now.
    Last edited by Mike H; 08-07-2014 at 10:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

6 years for Love is huge. It's another Superteam, just what the NBA needs. At least it's our superteam.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

That's how I feel about it too. The NBA is hilarious.

ESPN tweeted something interesting:
    LeBron & Love were 3rd & 4th in NBA in total points last season. No team has ever acquired 2 players who ranked in top 5 in previous season.
    ([ame]https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/497390266656256000[/ame])

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah ESPN and such reporting it's done, protected 1st, Wiggins, Bennet.

My initial homerism for our own two #1 choices is gone, albeit in the least exciting climatic way possible. Having Love to win now is better than trying to develop Wiggins and role the dice on LeBron's window.

Post Thanks / Like

Wiggins could turn into a superstar but Love is better than Bosh ever was and having the trio of LeBron, Love, and Irving... that's a tough team to beat.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, it's hard to disagree with the move. Without love, they had a bit of a swelling of talent with no clear emergence out of Wiggins/Bennett/Thompson. Now you have a "big-3", and a guy like TT coming off the bench will be huge.

The Cavs are going to be a very fun team to watch this year.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Mark it down. They'll make the finals.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mark it down. They'll make the finals.
    I think with a guy like Blatt and a solid bench, they can do what LeBron didn't do his first year in Miami.

Win the whole Damn thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm saying at least 4 championships in the next 6 years.

I don't know yet how I feel about a colluded superteam winning the first title for Cleveland in my lifetime. It would feel better if it was Wiggins. And even better than that if it was the Browns.

But I'm not complaining ..just a lingering feeling within me.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the legend of how this team finally won the title would be weird. Love isn't exactly an iconic Clevelander.

Post Thanks / Like

the gift horse here i see.
    look we are getting some good luck FOR once .........ENJOY

they should have not got the #1 pick this year or last but we were lucky.... yes lucky.
    imo they messed that luck up by both picks. would you pick Anthony Bennett again if you could do it over today ?
    now we pick Andrew Wiggins this year wrong again, Jabari Parker will be better than him the next 3 to 4 years at least. if we had taken Parker i would question this trade. Jabari Parker is a better version of Carmelo, he is playing Now like most hoped Carmelo would after 2 or 3 years into his NBA career. still waiting.

and you can bet your sweet bippy Parker would love to play with LBJ.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Revisiting
    the way David is using Love would we have been better off with Wiggins ?
    David only would know but my guess he would be coming off the bench getting 30+ minutes. we also would have got a PF some how to start or moved LBJ there on D.

How shitty if Love walks....good grief ...
    him not being in that picture last night ? .....something or nothing ?

Post Thanks / Like

We'd be starting TT off the bench, IMO, the turnaround started when Loves play picked up. He's a big part of this.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Think he could have been a bigger part already. but has not happened imo
    just hope he stays.

Many talking heads picking on David the past 2 days. one unworthy was putting Love back in Thursday night... Poor Jones had been playing for a half hour +.. he was cooked lol

Post Thanks / Like

Why is he out? Is it a match up thing? Is it his lack of physical defense? I wish Blatt would just explain his reasoning.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Love's defense could have something to do with it. He doesn't fight for many boards on either end... For a guy with an elite offensive post ge, he's underwhelming on the glass.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I'll say about Blatt is he isn't the most tactful. I think he learned from the "Kevin Love is not a max player" comment to keep his head low about some things...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

If Love walks and we don't win this year, it was definitely a bad decision (captain obvious, I know)....but it may have been LBJ telling them he wanted Love and that was that.

Hopefully Love is happy here. He seems to be a bit of a strange dude and hard to read...but there's nothing wrong with that. With the upcoming change in television monies and salary caps, it's hard to tell what he might do.

I'm hoping Blatt can find a way to solve this and keep him happy. What does Jones give you that Love can't in the fourth? Is he really THAT much better on D? I don't get it myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does Jones give you that Love can't in the fourth? Is he really THAT much better on D? I don't get it myself.
    Watch how well he moves his feet. to tell the truth never thought of him as a D guy in past years, but i hated the heat blah blah. overall he's not the rebounder Love is doesn't have inside size.

Sometimes/most the time David reacts to what the other team is doing.( they go small)
    if Love was more a part of the O the other team would have to react etc.. this is ALL on David really.

Post Thanks / Like

It has now come to light that Love is playing injured. His back is and has been giving him major issues all season.

Love is far from 100% which I think explains a lot.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Where'd you hear that Gabe?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

All over the radio in cleveland and there was an article yesterday. Maybe fearthesword? Heard it on the radio then saw it on the twitterverse.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm it certainly explains the sporadic production. I'd be less willing to get in and bang with the bigs if I had hurt back.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!