Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ISIS Threat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you consider the Soviets blameless in all matters such as these?
    More specific ?

All parties have their self interests. no angels or saints so to speak.
    changing subjects or not.

In our lifetimes we have seen us go to the ends of the earth to fight "communism". yet we allow Cuba within 100 miles off shore 25 years after the wall. and now this year the chance of our lifetimes to do what Dem's always want us do negotiate. the Russians wanted/needed Crimea say ok............ but we want/need Cuba. those people right there have had enough of castro and his communism for 40+ years. they could be liberated before noon with a early start. win win deal. missed opportunity. where are those negotiating Dem's ? the rest of the mess in the Ukraine could & should have been negotiated too.

The United Nations says more than 1 million people have been displaced by the conflict.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0HW0UP20141007
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say I think this is one of the most civil threads I've ever read in this particular sub forum :P
    BROWNS 2017: TIME TO SHIT THE BED IN ANOTHER DRAFT, YAY!
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    I just want to say I think this is one of the most civil threads I've ever read in this particular sub forum :P
    I am not sure it has been that civil. For example, I attacked the Daily Mail as having the credibility of the National Enquirer and as near as I could tell MMW attacked CBS as being even less credible that the Daily Mail.

As in all things, different people have different opinions on different things, and, often, one side is as valid as the other. Often it isn't so much whether one side is more right than the other, but whose ox is being gored.

I have a point of view that I recognize might be considered outside the mainstream of western thought. But I believe we make things worse when we try to be the world's policeman. Yes, people are dying in Syria and Iraq from the hands of ISIS thugs, but if Turkey is unwilling to send their soldiers across the border to engage ISIS in Syria, then I fail to see the need for us to send ours from across the ocean to fight and die.

Interventionist call nonintervention a "failure to lead." I think our interventions in the past, and potentially in the present and future is a case of us trying to do too much and in the aggregate making things worse then they would have been if we had let those people over there solve their own problems.

Maybe you agree or disagree. It is difficult to stand by and watch the attrocities and seemingly do nothing, but as long as Turkey, Saudi Arabia and the UAE expect that in the end, if they do nothing, we will "lead," they will continue to stay on the sideline. I think a better plan would be to make them aware that we think it is--and should be--their game, and not ours.

I will be happy to debate anyone who disagrees with me on the subject while waiting to see if Hoyer is the answer he appears that he might be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    More specific ?

All parties have their self interests. no angels or saints so to speak.
    changing subjects or not.

In our lifetimes we have seen us go to the ends of the earth to fight "communism". yet we allow Cuba within 100 miles off shore 25 years after the wall. and now this year the chance of our lifetimes to do what Dem's always want us do negotiate. the Russians wanted/needed Crimea say ok............ but we want/need Cuba. those people right there have had enough of castro and his communism for 40+ years. they could be liberated before noon with a early start. win win deal. missed opportunity. where are those negotiating Dem's ? the rest of the mess in the Ukraine could & should have been negotiated too.

The United Nations says more than 1 million people have been displaced by the conflict.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0HW0UP20141007
    With regard to Cuba, I would be remiss if I did not mention that JFK had the intention of liberating Cuba, but the invasion of the Bay of Pigs failed. It was, no doubt, a bitter lesson for Kennedy and his cronies who thought it would be easy. And then after that there was the Cuba Missile crisis and the concessions that Kennedy was forced to make regarding missiles in Turkey aimed at the Soviet Union in order to get the missiles aimed at us out of Cuba.

As for the negotiations you propose, I seriously doubt that Russia would have the slightest interest in negotiating anything with regard to Cuba. To them, Cuba is a totally separate issue having no relation whatever to the one regarding the Ukraine. The problem, as you have ably pointed out, is that there are eastern Ukrainians who will naturally side with Russia. The problem with that arose, of course, because there were are western Ukrainians who naturally preferred to align themselves with western Europeans.

What to do? Change the borders? It would be a crazy border indeed that would leave everyone where they feel that they fit best. But the borders could certainly be drawn better than they presently exist. (And I don't guess we can blame the British for the location of the border between Russia and the Ukraine. )
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 10-11-2014 at 02:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

With regard to Cuba, I would be remiss if I did not mention that JFK had the intention of liberating Cuba, but the invasion of the Bay of Pigs failed. It was, no doubt, a bitter lesson for Kennedy and his cronies who thought it would be easy. And then after that there was the Cuba Missile crisis and the concessions that Kennedy was forced to make regarding missiles in Turkey aimed at the Soviet Union in order to get the missiles aimed at us out of Cuba.
    Not a big jfk fan. I like Ike the last good pres.. imo

As for the negotiations you propose, I seriously doubt that Russia would have the slightest interest in negotiating anything with regard to Cuba. To them, Cuba is a totally separate issue having no relation whatever to the one regarding the Ukraine.
    They could not have been sure what the wests action would be on Crimea.... nothing
    but they would have came to the table if we would have Chicago Gangster stepped up.

The Russians have very little to do with them these days. they would have looked at us like... it's about time you fools. but i would have had the operation half over before it was spoken about.
    Remember Manuel Noriega ? same type job almost that easy.
    Raise your hand if you are willing to die for Castro ! in my best Sgt Schultz voice I see nothing.

The problem, as you have ably pointed out, is that there are eastern Ukrainians who will naturally side with Russia. The problem with that arose, of course, because there were are western Ukrainians who naturally preferred to align themselves with western Europeans.
    We run around preaching democracy yet the west encouraged a elected president to be run out of his country. when the cat & mouse game over $$$ changed. ...sad really

What to do? Change the borders? It would be a crazy border indeed that would leave everyone where they feel that they fit best. But the borders could certainly be drawn better than they presently exist. (And I don't guess we can blame the British for the location of the border between Russia and the Ukraine. )
    Nail on the head there. these are the negotiations should have happened and saved everyone all this grief. blame our so called leaders of today or a few months ago.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 10-11-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a big jfk fan. I like Ike the last good pres.. imo
    Of the presidents since Ike, Nixon was the one I admired the most. I think the Nixon Doctrine and its application to the Vietnam War was brilliant. The road he took in Vietnam was difficult and long only because we were so deeply involved by the time he became president, due to the ineptitude of Lyndon Johnson who was nothing but a political hack that knew nothing of foreign affairs and understood less.

The application of the Nixon Doctrine to the Vietnam War was ultimately unsuccessful only because of Watergate and a similar ineptitude and obvious weakness of Gerald Ford. It is my opinion that had Richard Nixon remained in office until the end of his term, South Vietnam would have survived. I believe this to be the case because, even with Nixon in his weakened condition due to Watergate, North Vietnam did not invaded the south until after he was safely out of office.

I am currently warming up to Obama. He actually seems to understand the concept of what we can do and what we should not do. It actually appears that he has read and understood the Nixon Doctrine. While he would never mention Nixon as the source of his own Doctrine, the source is rather obvious and it also appears that I was not the only one to have noticed it.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/obamas-nixon-doctrine/191701/

http://thediplomat.com/2014/05/obamas-nixon-doctrine/

http://warontherocks.com/2014/03/the...ixon-doctrine/

http://pomeps.org/2014/03/24/the-obama-doctrine/

And this is just the beginning. There are no shortages of articles comparing the two doctines.

My concern is that Obama is not as strong in his convictions as Nixon and may be pressured to give it up and send ground troops to Syria and Iraq. And unfortunately, unlike Nixon, he does not have a Henry Kissinger.

They could not have been sure what the wests action would be on Crimea.... nothing
    but they would have came to the table if we would have Chicago Gangster stepped up.

The Russians have very little to do with them these days. they would have looked at us like... it's about time you fools. but i would have had the operation half over before it was spoken about.
    Remember Manuel Noriega ? same type job almost that easy.
    Raise your hand if you are willing to die for Castro ! in my best Sgt Schultz voice I see nothing.

We run around preaching democracy yet the west encouraged a elected president to be run out of his country. when the cat & mouse game over $$$ changed. ...sad really

Nail on the head there. these are the negotiations should have happened and saved everyone all this grief. blame our so called leaders of today or a few months ago.
    The problem is that we simply do not have the capacity to right every wrong and make it all right for all the world. As for current borders, borders are kind of like the environment and the balance of nature. For billions of years, species have lived and died. But now we have these things called "endangered species." Somehow, if some glow fish loses it niche and dies out, society seems to feel that something holy has been lost. Is it not obvious, they say, that after all the adjustments in the balance of nature over the eons, the particular balance we now observe must be maintained at all cost if the balance is to survive?

The idea of moving borders to more closely approximate differing populations is somehow beyond the pale for apparently the same reason. Think "treehuggers." Same thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Seven Myths About the Vietnam War - The Truth

The war against North Vietnam can be irrevocably won in six weeks.... The remaining Vietcong guerrillas in the South could be conquered within six months.... [The war] may go on for another five, ten or more years - if it continues to be fought as at present.... We are fighting a war in a weak-sister manner that is unprecedented throughout the history of military science.

Seven Myths About the Vietnam War by William F. Jasper
    https://archive.org/stream/7MAVW/Sev...amWar_djvu.txt

Every Veteran I've known who lived thru this with their mental capacity intact agrees.

Gen. Bui Tin Describes North Vietnam’s Victory
    http://www.grunt.com/corps/scuttlebu...tnams-victory/

if one is too young to remember all this. these 2 links. not you Dog i hope.

Post Thanks / Like

I am of the opinion that much of of what you have linked is opinion that amounts to revisionist history. It is like saying that the Muslims could not have beaten the Crusaders if the Crusaders had not gotten tired of the continual conflict and gone home. While they won an occasional battle, the Muslim generals who fought the Crusaders were unable to defeat the Crusaders militarily.

But they didn't have to. While the Crusaders were successful in taking the holy lands, and while they took some losses in battle, in general, they built and maintained huge castles and dominated the area. Yet in the end, they grew tired and went home, and when they went home, the only difference between what the found when they got there and when they departed the land was the hate that the people of the land held for them.

On that basis, I claim that your Myth #3 is no myth. The generals can say what they will, but the fact is that the only way to be assured of holding the ground they capture is to remain on that ground forever. And we were not about to stay there forever.

Myth #3: The North Vietnamese (Communists) won, ultimately, because they occupied the moral high ground. They were fighting for their homeland against a foreign invader.
    I submit that from the point of view of the North Vietnamese, our adversary in the war, they held the moral high ground against a foreign invader (us).

They were also right that we would eventually tire of the war and leave. The problem in such things is that the US is not capable of holding foreign soil for 300 years, nor 30 years. The will to take and hold foreign soil comes and goes, but mainly it goes.

The fact is that no matter how long we stay in some foreign country, we will always eventually go home. So we have a choice. We either train forces friendly to us and hope that they can remain in power after we have gone home--or just go home. Against great obstacles, Nixon held out long enough to regain our POWs in a negotiated settlement. That was a major achievement considering the incredibly difficult position he inherited.

And he did it despite the fact that he knew that we as a country were very close to merely walking away by the time he got there.
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 10-11-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the real history like it or dismiss it. won't change the facts. or the bs told to us and all the death of the people involved, including the ones i knew who died.

why the Crusaders [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revisionist_history"]Revisionist history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] all the time lol
    Last edited by madmadworld; 10-11-2014 at 10:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is the real history like it or dismiss it. won't change the facts. or the bs told to us and all the death of the people involved, including the ones i knew who died.

why the Crusaders Revisionist history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia all the time lol
    Is this what you intended to link:

Revisionist history carries both positive and negative connotations. Each has its own entry.

• Historical revisionism, the reinterpretation of orthodox views on evidence, motivations, and decision-making processes surrounding a historical event

• Historical revisionism (negationism), either the legitimate scholastic re-examination of existing knowledge about an historical event, or the illegitimate distortion of the historical record such that certain events appear in a more or less favourable light or alternatively in a particularly bad light
    Don't see much there to comment on. However, just for the exercise, I can tell you that I thought the link to the so call 7 myths was of the second category. I singled out the 3rd one because it more or less covered the rest in a general sort of way. I think the idea that the Vietnam war was winnable in a military sense is bogus. Our adversary was simply too committed to his ideology. You simply cannot leave such an enemy intact and expect him give up his desire to extend his reach into the south at the first opportunity.

So you have two choices. One choice might have been to invade North Vietnam and conquer then entirely, displace the population and repopulate with a different population. That is the way some of the ancient conquerors did it. But of course, you would likely extent the war to China if you tried to do that.

The other choice would be to leave a government in the south that was equally committed and stable. Unfortunately, due to Watergate, the government in the south did not have much time to become stable. And, remember, this was in the midst of a continuing civil war. Just because we was no longer involved did not mean the war had ended for them. However, with four years and more support from us, they might well have survived similar to that of South Korea. But that is conjectural too.
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 10-12-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The generals can say what they will,
    How many stars did you have ?
    How many battles did you win ?

This was the trouble not listening to the Generals. one thing i learned in life is i am what i am ( entrepreneur,restaurateur) when i stepped out of that box i listen to others in their expertise. just A common sense action. saved me alot of time and money. in this case a good way to f up a war.

Being in fear and saying I/we can't......... speaks for it self. and that's what you have been typing down here.

Heck the Chinese, Russians have no fear of them. Fear the USA.

speaking of typing: that was something i paid others to do before i retired.

Crusaders ?????? we would kick their tails too !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    good stirring of the pot. lol

Post Thanks / Like

How many stars did you have ?
    How many battles did you win ?

This was the trouble not listening to the Generals. one thing i learned in life is i am what i am ( entrepreneur,restaurateur) when i stepped out of that box i listen to others in their expertise. just A common sense action. saved me alot of time and money. in this case a good way to f up a war.

Being in fear and saying I/we can't......... speaks for it self. and that's what you have been typing down here.

Heck the Chinese, Russians have no fear of them. Fear the USA.

speaking of typing: that was something i paid others to do before i retired.

Crusaders ?????? we would kick their tails too !!!
    I would trust the generals to win a battle given adequate resources. But I would not expect most generals to tell me how to win the hearts and minds of people. Waging war is one thing. Winning a peace is another.

As for the Chinese, or any potential foe, if one is on their border, they are considerably more dangerous than they are a thousand miles away from their border. In North Africa, for example, I would not fear them. If we had attempted to invade North Vietnam, they would have posed a significant threat--as they did in the Korean War twenty years earlier when we invaded North Korea.

The Crusaders were a formidable force in their own time. Swordsmen on horses are unlikely to pose a substantial threat to tanks, however. I merely used them as an example to show that a distant war is more difficult to win and maintain than a war on one's own soil. Just ask yourself why England was never able to defeat the Scots. Also, how were we able to defeat the British in the War of 1812? The answer will lead you to the basic reason we lost in Vietnam, notwithstanding what some General might say.

I have not complained about your typing. Not sure why you brought that up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not complained about your typing. Not sure why you brought that up.
    was picking on my own lack of typing skills. read the whole statement.

Being in fear and saying I/we can't......... speaks for it self. and that's what you have been typing down here

Post Thanks / Like

Without bothering to read this threat - ISIS only a threat with our continued porous borders. Control Borders, and other means of entry to this country and ISIS is just another group of 600 AD goat fucking troglodytes, isolated in an area of the world where the only attraction is crude.....oil.

Dwight Eisenhours (sp) farewell address should be required reading. And the Nobel Prize Winner's Middle East/track record is breathtaking in it's perfection.

Meddle in Egypt - Things turned worse.
    Meddle in Libya - Things turned worse.

I belabor the obvious because that's what its there for. If I belabor the subtle, it leaves people slack jawed and drooling!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mohican View Post
    Without bothering to read this threat - ISIS only a threat with our continued porous borders. Control Borders, and other means of entry to this country and ISIS is just another group of 600 AD goat fucking troglodytes, isolated in an area of the world where the only attraction is crude.....oil.

Dwight Eisenhower (sp) farewell address should be required reading. And the Nobel Prize Winner's Middle East/track record is breathtaking in it's perfection.

Meddle in Egypt - Things turned worse.
    Meddle in Libya - Things turned worse.
    true but...
    We have over 100,000 miles of borders

what a great read every time...... I like Ike

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY#t=18"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWiIYW_fBfY#t=18[/ame]
    Last edited by madmadworld; 10-15-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I say we allow all the crazy ISIS people from the US and Canada to go fight in the middle east, but put them on the planes with the infected ebola people....
    We win, like twice!
    You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.

Post Thanks / Like

The US - Mexican southern border - about 2000 miles

US -Canada border - excluding Alaska - about 4000 miles

Alaska - Canadian Border - 1538 miles

95,000 miles - maritime shoreline

Yes, if you include shoreline there is over 100,000 miles of border, but that is a red herring.

The biggest issue is the US - Mexico border. It takes away nothing from my comment on ISIS - that is foreign, regional problem that would go away for us if we weren't there.

I belabor the obvious because that's what its there for. If I belabor the subtle, it leaves people slack jawed and drooling!!

Post Thanks / Like

US - Mexico thing is out of hand
    We have armed both sides down there over the last decade and caused a civil type war that has killed over 100,000 people. before this they had a peaceful export business for decades. and everyone knew You don't give Mexicans guns. duh

Post Thanks / Like

This cia guy putting many to zzzzzzzzz lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cuba

In our lifetimes we have seen us go to the ends of the earth to fight "communism". yet we allow Cuba within 100 miles off shore 25 years after the wall. and now this year the chance of our lifetimes to do what Dem's always want us do negotiate. the Russians wanted/needed Crimea say ok............ but we want/need Cuba. those people right there have had enough of castro and his communism for 40+ years. they could be liberated before noon with a early start. win win deal. missed opportunity.
    Now we have a kiss the butt of a commie in charge. ............
    in spite of that..... we win in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ISIS Enshrines a Theology of Rape

Claiming the Quran’s support, the Islamic State codifies sex slavery in conquered regions of Iraq and Syria and uses the practice as a recruiting tool.
    In the moments before he raped the 12-year-old girl, the Islamic State fighter took the time to explain that what he was about to do was not a sin. Because the preteen girl practiced a religion other than Islam, the Quran not only gave him the right to rape her — it condoned and encouraged it, he insisted.

He bound her hands and gagged her. Then he knelt beside the bed and prostrated himself in prayer before getting on top of her.

When it was over, he knelt to pray again, bookending the rape with acts of religious devotion.

“I kept telling him it hurts — please stop,” said the girl, whose body is so small an adult could circle her waist with two hands. “He told me that according to Islam he is allowed to rape an unbeliever. He said that by raping me, he is drawing closer to God,” she said
    much more
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/14/wo...y-of-rape.html

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Nearly 400 years ago

Martin Luther On Islam, Muslims, And Jihad
    What I discovered was that Martin Luther actually had quite a bit to say about the "Turks" (a.k.a. "Muslims") in his day-and-age that deserves our attention and prayerful consideration, IMHO.

http://www.lutheranlayman.com/2015/0...-on-islam.html
    I have some pieces of Mohammed’s Koran which might be called in German a book of sermons or doctrines of the kind that we call pope’s decretals. When I have time, I must put it into German so that every man may see what a foul and shameful book it is. In the first place, he praises Christ and Mary very much as those who alone were without sin, and yet he believes nothing more of Christ than that he is a holy prophet, like Jeremiah or Jonah, and denies that he is God’s Son and true God. Besides, he does not believe that Christ is the Savior of the world, Who died for our sins, but that He preached to His own time, and completed His work before His death, just like any other prophet.

On the other hand, he praises and exalts himself highly and boasts that he has talked with God and the angels, and that since Christ’s office of prophet is now complete, it has been commanded to him to bring the world to his faith and if the world is not willing, to compel it or punish it with the sword; and there is much glorification of the sword in it. Therefore, the Turks think their Mohammed much higher and greater than Christ, for the office of Christ has ended and Mohammed’s office is still in force.

From this anyone can easily observe that Mohammed is a destroyer of our Lord Christ and His kingdom, and if anyone denies concerning Christ, that He is God’s Son and has died for us, and still lives and reigns at the right hand of God, what has he left of Christ? Father, Son, Holy Ghost, Baptism, the Sacrament, Gospel, Faith and all Christian doctrine and life are gone, and there is left, instead of Christ, nothing more than Mohammed with his doctrine of works and especially of the sword. That is the chief doctrine of the Turkish faith in which all abominations, all errors, all devils are piled up in one heap.

Thus the Turk is, in truth, nothing but a murderer or highwayman, as his deeds show before men’s eyes. St. Augustine calls other kingdoms, too, great robbery; Psalm 76:4 also calls them “fastnesses of robbers,” because it is but seldom that an empire has come up except by robbery, force, and wrong; or at the very least, it is often seized and possessed by wicked people without any justice, so that the Scriptures, in Genesis 10:9, call the first prince upon earth, Nimrod, a mighty hunter. But never has any kingdom come up and become so mighty by murder and robbery as that of the Turk; and he murders and robs every day, for it is commanded in their law, as a good and divine work, that they shall rob and murder, devour and destroy more and more those that are round about them; and they do this, and think that they are doing God service.

Their government, therefore, is not a regular rulership, like others, for the maintenance of peace, the protection of the good, and the punishment of the wicked, but a rod of anger and a punishment of God upon the unbelieving world, as has been said. The work of murdering and robbing pleases the flesh in any case, because it enables men to gain high place and subject everyone’s life and goods to themselves; how much more must the flesh be pleased when this is a commandment, as though God would have it so and it pleased Him well! Therefore among the Turks, too, they are held the best who are diligent to increase the Turkish kingdom and who are constantly murdering and robbing round about them.

Summing up what has been said: Where the spirit of lies is, there is also the spirit of murder, though he may not get to work or may be hindered. If he is hindered, he still laughs and is jubilant when murder is done, and at least consents to it, for he holds it right. But good Christians do not rejoice over any murder, not even over the misfortunes of their enemies. Since, then, Mohammed’s Koran is such a great spirit of lies that it leaves almost nothing of Christian truth remaining, how could it have any other result than that it should become a great and mighty murderer, with both lies and murders under the show of truth and righteousness. As, therefore, lies destroy the spiritual order of faith and truth, so murder destroys all temporal order instituted by God; for where murder and robbery are practiced, it is impossible that there should be a fine, praiseworthy temporal government, since they cannot think more highly of peace than of war and murder, or attend to the pursuits of peace, as one can see in soldiers. Therefore, the Turks do not regard the work of agriculture highly.

The third point is that Mohammed’s Koran thinks nothing of marriage, but permits everyone to take wives as he will. Therefore, it is customary among the Turks for one man to have ten or twenty wives and to desert or sell any of them that he will, when he will, so that in Turkey women are held immeasurably cheap and are despised; they are bought and sold like cattle. Although there may be some few who do not take advantage of this law, nevertheless this is the law and anyone can follow if he will. Such a way of living is not marriage and cannot be marriage, because none of them takes a wife or has a wife with the intention of staying with her forever, as though the two were one body, as God’s Word says, in Genesis 2:24, “The man shall cleave to his wife and they two be one body.”

Now we have heard above what kind of man the Turk is, viz., a destroyer, enemy, and blasphemer of our Lord Jesus Christ, who instead of the Gospel and faith, sets up his shameful Mohammed and all kinds of lies, ruins all temporal government and home-life, or marriage, and, since his warfare is nothing but murder and bloodshed, is a tool of the devil himself.