Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wk 10 Game 9 predictions vs Cinn

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wk 10 Game 9 predictions vs Cinn

We are 5-3 having a good season

These Thursday games need to be fixed so teams have a bye week before playing them.
    the networks would get more weekends of Football(20? vs 17) players get needed rest without playing more games. win win

D ....LB must stay in their lanes. cinn OL opens holes BIG holes LB must be there to get them RB's or a long night for us.

O..... do the best you can it will be enough.

Browns in a blow out 41-17 shocking the COUNTRY
    Enjoy it
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We are 5-3 having a good season

These Thursday games need to be fixed so teams have a bye week before playing them.
    the networks would get more weekends of Football(20? vs 17) players get needed rest without playing more games. win win

D ....LB must stay in their lanes. cinn OL opens holes BIG holes LB must be there to get them RB's or a long night for us.

O..... do the best you can it will be enough.

Browns in a blow out 41-17 shocking the COUNTRY
    Enjoy it
    Cincy scrub RB Hill ran for 150+ against the same D that stuffed our running game. If by some miracle, unless we can fix our run D it's going to be a long night. Sanu is as bad a height mismatch against Skrine as Evans. Dalton playing like Bad Dalton would help. The Browns rushing for more than 2.0 ypc would help too. But the good news is the Bengal D hasn't been world beaters at stopping the run either. Cinci is banged up at several key spots- Burfict is out, as well as several others. Bungles haven't lost at home in a long time FWIW. Not counting the Browns out- but the last thing in the world I'd expect is a Browns blowout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoorta View Post
    the last thing in the world I'd expect is a Browns blowout.
    That's what i said to the little guy on my shoulder.

then he said "did I not tell you they would be 5-3 nine weeks ago" ?
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

This game isn't impossible to win at all. Cincy beat the Ravens, twice, which is an early game we let slip away. Browns should need 30 pts to win and, if early drives stall, might as well turn-in early and go to work on Friday.

Browns 30 v. Bungles 27 in OT.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Browns are going to win one against the Bengals this year, but not this one. Short week, on the road, missing Cameron and Gordon among others. . . I think this one is a 35-30 loss. But the next matchup in December is a different story.

Post Thanks / Like

Thursday night road games (short week) are difficult to win unless you have a wide talent advantage.

Cincinnati is outstanding at home.

I read somewhere here that that someone stated the Browns have the emotional edge. That's hogwash, the Bengals can go into their mini-break 6-2-1 with control of the division with a win, are playing at home where they rarely lose, and seem to have righted their ship. It's really hard to make to make the playoffs (and almost impossible to win your division) unless you can go at least .500 or better within the division. This game is probably more important to the Browns future than the Bengals.

To win Cleveland will need some help from the Bengals (like Tampa gave us last week only more). Turnovers...lots of turnovers.

This is a tough game to see Cleveland winning, its more likely that they lose in a very ugly fashion. That said, as an overly optimistic Browns fan I hope they can keep it close into the 4th quarter and steal this one. The lower the score the better the chances, Browns cannot win a shootout.

Dalton needs to lay an egg like he did last year in Cleveland.

Heart predicts Cleveland 17-16

Head predicts Cincinnati 34-10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brutalfacts View Post
    Thursday night road games (short week) are difficult to win unless you have a wide talent advantage.

I read somewhere here that that someone stated the Browns have the emotional edge. That's hogwash, the Bengals can go into their mini-break 6-2-1 with control of the division with a win, are playing at home where they rarely lose, and seem to have righted their ship. It's really hard to make to make the playoffs (and almost impossible to win your division) unless you can go at least .500 or better within the division. This game is probably more important to the Browns future than the Bengals.

To win Cleveland will need some help from the Bengals (like Tampa gave us last week only more). Turnovers...lots of turnovers.

This is a tough game to see Cleveland winning, its more likely that they lose in a very ugly fashion. That said, as an overly optimistic Browns fan I hope they can keep it close into the 4th quarter and steal this one. The lower the score the better the chances, Browns cannot win a shootout.

I think your heart is in the right place. Browns 17-16.

Post Thanks / Like

our offense is capable of putting up big #'s. i think this is one of those games. 41-31 Cleveland. Go Browns!
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    our offense is capable of putting up big #'s. i think this is one of those games. 41-31 Cleveland. Go Browns!
    I love the optimism but its really had to see a team that has scored 51 points in 3 weeks against the worst the NFL has to offer scoring 41 against a perennial playoff team.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Browns can win this based on the Mental edge, Pettine seems to exude throughout the team. Marvin Lewis is as lame a coach as they come.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The challenge is huge this week, without question.

Just like last week, this week will hinge on two things: TO's and limiting their giant WRs.

The critical key this week, for us, is the running game. We survived the last three weeks without it. We CANNOT survive this week without it.

I'm sincerely hoping that there is method to the madness of benching Crow against the weaker teams, i.e., they were trying to hold some stuff back for this week.

Because it seems damn strange, despite the top-end DL talent we faced and the O-line's struggles, that we couldn't move the ball AT ALL on the ground.

That simply has to change. And if it does, Hoyer will be good enough to do his thing and make the key play at the key time. If it doesn't, it's going to be nearly impossible to hold that offense down that long.

So I'll predict it like this:

If Browns have zero TOs and 120+ yards rushing: Browns 27 - Bengals 20.
    If Browns have 1 TO and 100+ yards rushing: Browns 23-Bengals 20
    If Browns have 2 TOs and <100 yards rushing: Bengals 31-Browns 17

Post Thanks / Like

I love the optimism but its really had to see a team that has scored 51 points in 3 weeks against the worst the NFL has to offer scoring 41 against a perennial playoff team.
    i hear ya but it's time to break outta that slump and put some points on the board. i sure hope our OC gets our line together this week. i'm tired of seeing our lineman getting pushed back into our own backfield. it hurts the running and passing game.
    God Bless America

Worst to First Baby

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    I think the Browns can win this based on the Mental edge, Pettine seems to exude throughout the team. Marvin Lewis is as lame a coach as they come.
    Your the best nickers...always good for a chuckle...

This is nonsense of course, Marvin Lewis has his faults but the guy has been in the playoffs 3 straight years in a difficult division, and this year has seen his team overcome key injuries, the loss of his OC and DC yet leads that same division (which has all teams over .500). Not to mention he is employed for a second rate organization with a couple of decades of awful football before he got there. You got to have some mental acumen (or edge) to do that.

Your premise is silly.

Post Thanks / Like

No way to call this one. I believe this is a game where the D has to be at their best all game. We need Haden to shut down Green because Skrine/Gilbert are gonna need all kinds of help against Sanu. He's been all over the field this year and, yeah, there's that height thing. We all know what the O needs to do. Can they do it? I'll go with yes. Not that far of a road game and it was a short week for them too. 28-24 Browns. Oh, called it anyway. BELIEVELAND!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you could tell me which defense shows up, and if they can shore up the center spot or not and then I can make a prediction.

I belabor the obvious because that's what its there for. If I belabor the subtle, it leaves people slack jawed and drooling!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not seeing Cinci as quite the team some of you are seeing. Here is why:

Cinci Wins: Baltimore x2, Tennessee (H), Jacksonville (H), Atlanta (H)

So they beat one team with 1 win, and 2 teams with 2 wins....AT HOME!
    Outside of that they beat Baltimore in two close games. No teams currently in the playoffs.
    Not exactly murderers row there guys.

Cinci Losses/Ties: New England (-26), Indianapolis (-27), Carolina (T)

Cleve Wins: Pittsburgh (H), Tampa Bay (H), Oakland (H), New Orleans (H), Tennessee (A)

The Browns have also feasted on bottom feeders, but have beaten Pitt and NO instead of just one team above .500, and currently Pitt and NO are in the playoffs.

Cleve Losses: Pittsburgh (-3), Baltimore (-2), Jacksonville (-18).

So both teams have had a WTF against inferior teams (Carolina/Jacksonville), and both teams have beaten similar opponents....mostly at home.

But here is the clincher.

Cinci has not held an opponent under 23 points since week 3. Cleveland, on the other hand, has allowed more than 17 only 2x since that same week.

The fact it is Thursday, and on the road, does give me concerns...however I liked what I saw from West at the end of the last game (15/48yds) and think a steady dose of him will prove an advantage.

Browns 24
    Bengals 20
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

If we can get running game back and defense keep generating turnovers and Hoyer do above average job we will be fine. We will win something like 27 - 24 or something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Name of the game is stop Dalton early... dont let him get that early rythm with the short passing game. If he gets into a rhythm.. Dalton will go juggernaut..

however if you shut Dalton down early.. his confidence is affected.. and he wont be able to hit the deep stuff later on when neccesary

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Default WHAT?!?! We can play with the BENGALS?!? NO WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    I'm not seeing Cinci as quite the team some of you are seeing. Here is why:

Cinci Wins: Baltimore x2, Tennessee (H), Jacksonville (H), Atlanta (H)

So they beat one team with 1 win, and 2 teams with 2 wins....AT HOME!
    Outside of that they beat Baltimore in two close games. No teams currently in the playoffs.
    Not exactly murderers row there guys.

Cinci Losses/Ties: New England (-26), Indianapolis (-27), Carolina (T)

Cleve Wins: Pittsburgh (H), Tampa Bay (H), Oakland (H), New Orleans (H), Tennessee (A)

The Browns have also feasted on bottom feeders, but have beaten Pitt and NO instead of just one team above .500, and currently Pitt and NO are in the playoffs.

Cleve Losses: Pittsburgh (-3), Baltimore (-2), Jacksonville (-18).

So both teams have had a WTF against inferior teams (Carolina/Jacksonville), and both teams have beaten similar opponents....mostly at home.

But here is the clincher.

Cinci has not held an opponent under 23 points since week 3. Cleveland, on the other hand, has allowed more than 17 only 2x since that same week.

The fact it is Thursday, and on the road, does give me concerns...however I liked what I saw from West at the end of the last game (15/48yds) and think a steady dose of him will prove an advantage.

Browns 24
    Bengals 20
    LOVE this post (and your other thread on this topic).

Fact is, Browns have shown they can play with ANYONE this year -- and have.

I'd also add to your excellent analysis this:

Browns haven't been blown out ONCE this year. Closest "blowout" was the 14 points we gave JAX in a minute, and even that was with six minutes left in the fourth.

Meanwhile, every other AFCN team has been blown out -- Cincy twice, as you note -- and PIT and BAL barely escaped us earlier in the season, when our D wasn't quite up to speed yet and when our STs gave the game away, respectively.

Add it up and it shows that we and CIN are very evenly matched and that our guys probably have a little more confidence right now, given how the D has been playing.

As I said earlier, I see us staying true to our character again on Thursday and we'll see an entertaining, dramatic nail-biter that goes down to the 4th quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

27-20 Brownies

OLine needs fixed, but I suspect it will be good enough to get our run game going again. Which will open up other things and limit their number of drives.

We came up big against the Stoolers, we'll come up big Thursday as well.

Post Thanks / Like

34-10 is my prediction, too. With Mack and Cameron, the game would be a lot closer. Bengals running game should have a field day against the weak Browns front 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland hasn’t won an AFC North road game since September of 2008, which was also against the Bengals. The more daunting task might be Cincinnati’s prowess at home. In their last 14 games at home, the Bengals are 13-0-1 -- the longest unbeaten streak in team history.

Jim Rome had the best quote.. Regarding the Steeler's Baltimore game.. He said "This game was described as a street brawl..if that's true..the Ravens are still bleeding in the alley".. Love it.

Cinci has the best D in the division..then Baltimore.. The Browns and Steelers are a wash.. both pick weeks to be equally horrible and excellent depending upon how the wind blows. We are 6 1/2 point underdogs right now.. That sounds about right with Cameron and Hawkins both possibly out for the game.. We have to play lights out or we don't win this one. We are not going to get the sloppy ugly wins of the last 2 weeks..The Bungholes are too good for that.

I don't feel real great about our chances in Cinci right now...but we always play them tough in their house. Bungholes 27.. Browns 13.... if we can play flawless..and get Dalton to turn over the ball at least once.. Then Browns 22, Bugholes 20
    Last edited by Sez.EJ; 11-04-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    Give me another big glass of that HUGHLAID!!

Post Thanks / Like

Prediction: Turnover Thursday.
    6+ Turnovers between the two teams.

and with the luck/safety the Browns have shown..

I'm going Brownies.

23-20

Post Thanks / Like

Portland just beat the Cavs convincingly...ugly game. I believe they won for various reasons but mostly because they very simply wanted it more. Ray Farmer eluded to it today when talking about Josh.....about talent not being what wins games....but the team.

There are many reasons why I think we will probably lose this game, sadly lololol.....but I'm just gonna not go with that...screw that. We can win this game. Dalton can be a turnover machine. Gipson is a flat out ball hawk and I'll put my faith in Buster, Joe, Justin and I HOPE..... Donte has those tweets from Little taped over his locker.

Hill is no Gio.....and they got a pretty good look at him now....plus...getting stronger on DL.

So we score 24 and it's game over.

To disagree with someone earlier, I think it can be as easy as wanting it more. How else do you think we kicked the hell outta Pittsburgh.

Shock the world Bitches!!!

Browns 24
    Bungholes 21