Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wk 10 Game 9 predictions vs Cinn

Post Thanks / Like

I always predict a win..

but this week..

It think its a loss.. 10-24

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

we probably don't win

w/e i hope we do

Post Thanks / Like

Couple factors to add:

Weather - Forecast is for cold, rain and 20-30 mph winds. Definitely conducive to short passing and running game.

Injuries

Bengals:
    DNP - Bernard RB, Geathers DE, Gresham TE, Hall CB, Maualuga LB, Newman CB, Smith OT
    OUT - Burfict LB

Browns:
    DNP - Bademosi S, Cameron TE, Hawkins WR
    Limited - Smith WR, Taylor DE, Winn DE

That means 2/3 of the Cinci LB corp is out. This has been an issue of late for them in giving up big running games and short passes across the middle. It also means both starting CB's are out. Again, that should open up some quick hit passing.

On offense, Cinci will likely be missing the RT...and maybe their starting TE, and their starting RB. I know Hill did well last week, but 60 of his yards came on one play, and another 23 in garbage time. Until then he had 15 carries for 64 yards. Respectable, but not crazy numbers. And now he won't have the RT to run behind...which is where he was doing most of his damage.

As for the Browns, the biggest concern is actually Hawkins. They have already been dealing with the Center issue...and this being the third week should help. They also have been dealing with Cameron out for a while so our backup TE's will do just fine. Likely Benjamin or Gabriel drop into the slot.

I would not be surprised to see a lot of Crowell. He is our biggest RB and runs downhill. That is what you need in these conditions.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing...I know we keep hearing how the Browns are on a 17 game losing streak on the road in the AFCN, and how the Bengals are 13-0-1 at home in the last 14 games....

....but we also heard how Big Ben was 18-1 against the Browns....RIGHT BEFORE THE BROWNS PLANTED THEM 31-10!!!
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like the karma of road losing and the Cinci home streak...both good factors for us I think.

Hawk is banged up, but if he plays we may see him burn them too.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a link to a great breakdown of what Baltimore did to Cincinnati on the play-action passing stuff. It is only 6 plays, but they were ALL potentially big successful plays. With the Browns relying heavily on play-action, this is good news:

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/11...vs-play-action

...and bringing in what I said in the Manziel thread...the Browns have not used him in weeks...and this is a HUGE game...and on a short week so no time to prepare for him...so it might be a perfect time to bring Manziel in EARLY in the game to run a naked boot play-action along with a read-option to get the Bengals D off their game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoorta View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cincy scrub RB Hill ran for 150+ against the same D that stuffed our running game. If by some miracle, unless we can fix our run D it's going to be a long night.
    Exactly what I was thinking. RB Jeremy Hill is gonna destroy our DL. Then Gio Bernard is gonna slice 'em, dice 'em, and put 'em in a boiling pot to hell.

The D will still make some stops, get a pick or two, and keep it close enough to barely pull out the win.

Cleveland Browns - 23
    Paul Browns - 22

-Al

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geech View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. RB Jeremy Hill is gonna destroy our DL. Then Gio Bernard is gonna slice 'em, dice 'em, and put 'em in a boiling pot to hell.

The D will still make some stops, get a pick or two, and keep it close enough to barely pull out the win.

Cleveland Browns - 23
    Paul Browns - 22

-Al
    Bernard is out...so much for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks more and more like Hawkins plays. Weather is gonna be a factor for sure. I think the vast improvement and relative health of the Browns defense could give us a shot to sneak out a win. Dalton's been turning the ball over and the Browns defense is becoming "opportunistic." When there aren't sacks, there's hassle and that's creating turnovers.

A.J. Green isn't 100% and Haden IS, so I think we win that battle. I'd love to see more Crow. On a wet field, Manziel would leave a lot of guys on the ground so I hope to see that a few times.

Post Thanks / Like

34- 17 Browns
    On any given Sunday...it's why we play the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    Prediction: Turnover Thursday.
    6+ Turnovers between the two teams.

and with the luck/safety the Browns have shown..

I'm going Brownies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damajuki View Post
    The challenge is huge this week, without question.

Just like last week, this week will hinge on two things: TO's and limiting their giant WRs.

The critical key this week, for us, is the running game. We survived the last three weeks without it. We CANNOT survive this week without it.

I'm sincerely hoping that there is method to the madness of benching Crow against the weaker teams, i.e., they were trying to hold some stuff back for this week.

Because it seems damn strange, despite the top-end DL talent we faced and the O-line's struggles, that we couldn't move the ball AT ALL on the ground.

That simply has to change. And if it does, Hoyer will be good enough to do his thing and make the key play at the key time. If it doesn't, it's going to be nearly impossible to hold that offense down that long.

So I'll predict it like this:

If Browns have zero TOs and 120+ yards rushing: Browns 27 - Bengals 20.
    If Browns have 1 TO and 100+ yards rushing: Browns 23-Bengals 20
    If Browns have 2 TOs and <100 yards rushing: Bengals 31-Browns 17
    Well, I had MOST of this right.

Minus 17 points for the Bengals, that is.

Post Thanks / Like

Cincinnati, get shit on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post

Browns in a blow out 41-17 shocking the COUNTRY
    Enjoy it
    Honestly how many of you laughed when you read me say....... Blow Out ?
    sorry on the point differential 21 not 24.

The little guy on my shoulder says: he has waited 50 years for this.

Enjoy
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Default This ain't the same old Browns team

By the end of the third quarter, the locals had seen enough. They fled for the gates as fast as I've ever seen fans bolt for the exits. With the game in hand for the Browns, I guess that was to be expected, Cinci traffic sucks. But, that was a surreal scene as an opposing fan in the Bengals' stadium to see their home fans leaving after three quarters at the hands of the BROWNS. This ain't the same old Browns team.
    http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/11...ight-afc-north

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pettines-Locker-Room-Victory-Speech

Post Thanks / Like

Just 1 year ago today we were 6-3. with just a few plays/decisions could have been 9-0.
    our future was bright. Pettine was a great first year coach.
    Those were the days

Post Thanks / Like

So what changed?
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    So what changed?
    Opponents studied O'Neil's defense and made adjustments; O'Neil could not make adjustments to their adjustments.

Defense too complex to grasp -- players think too long vs. reacting quickly.

Regression in fundamentals such as tackling

lack of discipline -- way too many key penalties in key situations

Pulling Kruger off the line and not attacking as much -- Browns seem to be softer, less attacking overall this year

Regression of the linebacking corps -- Robertson, Kirksey and Dasby

Huge regression of Whitner and Haden

Mack either on IR or playing poorly this season, not fully recovered or not motivated enough, or both.

Poor coaching at the offensive line position and generally poor execution on the OL, too many penalties and regression in caliber of play from last year.

Inability to block for the run with a RB in Crowell who is highly inconsistent.

Regression of Gabriel and Hawkins as teams tighten up on them, inability to adequately replace Austin.

Inability of draft picks and free agents to make enough impact in a positive way.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-06-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    So what changed?
    Well let me see
    There was this fellow under 2 coaches still became the leader of the team who was 10-6 as the starter without him they are now 3-22 over the past 3 years.
    dare i say his name ? Brian Fucking Hoyer

Anyone else here note how much better we played with this Leader ?
    on both sides of the ball ?

When these same players came out of the locker room with Brian Hoyer they thought they had a chance to win every time. that chance has been removed you see the results.

There were a few here that agreed with the above now is our time to say.."we told you so"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    with Brian Hoyer they thought they had a chance to win every time. that chance has been removed you see the results.
    So. . . you're saying we win last night with BH at Qb?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    So. . . you're saying we win last night with BH at Qb?
    After watching the replay of the game, the problem was not the QB. To start the second half, the Browns were in a hole inside the 10 and Manziel missed getting a first down on a run by inches. That was after Crowell on first down ran lateral to the line of scrimmage for seeming seconds and easily got tackled, missing an opportunity to immediately cut left and get a gain to the left after handed the ball.

On the second drive of the second half, Manziel hit Gabriel with a perfect pass about 20 yards downfield and it hit is thigh and bounced off.

By the third possession, the Bengals had a bigger lead and came with an all out rush that gave Manziel no time at all.

No, Hoyer would not have had a chance last night.

Much of the problem with the Browns was mental mistakes on offense by backs and receivers and on defense players being in the wrong position due to over-pursuit or other reasons. There is talent on this team. Bengals made two penalties last night I think. Sound execution and discipline and level of concentration separates this Browns team from many teams.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-06-2015 at 06:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    On the second drive of the second half, Manziel hit Gabirel with a perfect pass about 20 yards downfield and it hit is thigh and bounced of.
    That was the play that did the Browns in. We desperately needed a drive there.

We are a fragile lot in the 2nd half. No room for mistakes.

I thought JFF looked pretty good. He can play in this league. He's got a long way to go.

But there's no reason in the world to play McCown unless JFF starts to really struggle.

Manziel didn't see some open guys on several plays, guys McCown would see. But I think, given some starts, he'll start seeing them.

McCown will be in the room and in his ear the rest of the season.

I mean. . . seriously. . . if Pettine goes back to McCown because he says McCown's better, I'm going to gag, literally, GAG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    After watching he replay of the game, the problem was not the QB. To start the second half, the Browns were in a hole inside the 10 and Manziel missed getting a first down on a run by inches. That was after Crowell on first down ran lateral to the line of scrimmage for seeming seconds and easily got tackled, missing an opportunity to immediately cut left and get a gain to the left after handed the ball.

On the second drive of the second half, Manziel hit Gabirel with a perfect pass about 20 yards downfield and it hit is thigh and bounced of.

by the third possession, the Bengals had a bigger lead and came with an all out rush that gave Manziel no rush.

No, Hoyer would not have had a chance last night.

Much of the problem with the Browns was mental mistakes on offense by backs and receivers and on defense players being in the wrong position due to over-pursuit or other reasons. There is talent on this team. Bengals made two penalties last night I think. Sound execution and discipline and level of concentration separates this Browns team from many teams.
    Exactly.

And by this time the bengals had scored on 5 of 7 posessions.

31-10 with 7 minutes left.