Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blatt

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to look it up after work if you don't find the answer.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to look it up after work if you don't find the answer.
    My guess a interim coach.
    Tom nisike ...........something
    Last edited by madmadworld; 11-23-2014 at 07:10 PM.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    Yeah Lebron is hard on coaches it seems...was hard on Spo from what I've read. Blatt's gonna have to stand his ground if he's to survive. I heard Windy talking about Pop letting Duncan run some huddles too...but they win so Pop's nobody cares....Blatt is not going to be afforded that...nor should he be.
    Seems like Blatt is drowning in the shallow end because he forgot his floaters... Needs to figure out how to swim, fast.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Blatt is drowning in the shallow end because he forgot his floaters... Needs to figure out how to swim, fast.
    He seems scary confident to me. I'm hoping he's doing the butterfly by January. I knew there would be growing pains but this team makes me sad lol. I'm too emotional about it, I guess. Long way to go and missing the playoffs is pretty much blaspheme...and probably won't happen. What if it does, though.

I'm not too hip on waiting on people to pull their heads out of their asses. Lebron said outright this would take time...and I agree...but at the same time..... we've all been watching this shit for years. We should give few passes. Blatt needs to buck up. People say "they're not worried." I envy you.

Post Thanks / Like

Ezra
    we will be in the playoffs. heck 40 wins in the east does it most years. they will get that without a NBA coach, well that's kinda where we are.

The interview

So David you would like to coach the Cav's ?
    yes

We see here on your resume you have 34 years of Basketball experience ?
    yes

Where are all these places & teams ?
    they are in Europe mostly.

So you have no NBA experience ?
    yes

We had 33 wins last year, if you get this job do you think you could improve us 5-10 wins in your first season.
    yes

As we can see he is living up to the expectations at the time he was offered the job. it's just the expectations have changed.

This sucks for him the poor guy waited 34 yeas to get to the NBA. i really feel for him.
    But we want a ring he has to go. the longer we wait the harder this season becomes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    Ezra
    we will be in the playoffs. heck 40 wins in the east does it most years. they will get that without a NBA coach, well that's kinda where we are.

The interview

So David you would like to coach the Cav's ?
    yes

We see here on your resume you have 34 years of Basketball experience ?
    yes

Where are all these places & teams ?
    they are in Europe mostly.

So you have no NBA experience ?
    yes

We had 33 wins last year, if you get this job do you think you could improve us 5-10 wins in your first season.
    yes

As we can see he is living up to the expectations at the time he was offered the job. it's just the expectations have changed.

This sucks for him the poor guy waited 34 yeas to get to the NBA. i really feel for him.
    But we want a ring he has to go. the longer we wait the harder this season becomes.
    you may be right
    I may be crazy
    but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for
    I'm drunk...=D and rambling!

I haven't given up on Blatt...but you may be right.....I'm seriously hoping not.

These guys need to put egos aside and buy into whatever...if they don't...Blatt is sunk....which is a setback in my mind. I'm no spring chicken.....and I'm damn tired of waiting.

Lebron coming back was epic.....I'll give it time to be sure...but egos make me angry...and there is plenty to be angry about on this team. I've got quite the ego as well.....but I would eat a mouthful of dirt diving to save my team....you would too I'm betting.

Tired of excuses and horseshit. Win damn you win!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps conditions have changed. Ultimately it will come down to LeBron working with Blatt. Either Blatt will find a way to make it work or he will be ostracized as the mistake hire. I'm stil lconfident that it's plenty early and there's plenty of time for the Cavs to remember how to play defense, for Kevin Love to remember how to shoot the basketball and for the team to grow.

The only positive thus far is that I've seen a lot of effort from Kyrie. I've been really impressed with him thus far. Is it growth, coaching, or what, but he did not look this good under Mr. Guru Mike Brown last year. Sorry I hate Mike Brown.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you not think LBJ has already picked his brain and found it empty ?
    i do

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah man but of course any measure of a man is resilience. If someone has a problem you confront it, you said it yourself respect must be earned. If Blatt goes off in to the night without a fight, I will be surprised. But hey if it goes the way it seems to be going it's not going to help my LeBron ego theories :P

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

i do
    I don't.....I think Lebron is an arrogant asshole (I am as well so....).......I'm not saying that's bad. I think if Lebron does not agree, he is going to disrespect.....how Blatt navigates his way around these perceived slights is what I think is key to Blatt's success. Actually that's not true. I'm way too drunk to figure this shit out. Fun babbling about it tho.

Post Thanks / Like

In lieu of anything remotely topical, I submit this for your perusal...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqnvxP0H3lM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqnvxP0H3lM[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    I don't.....I think Lebron is an arrogant asshole (I am as well so....).......I'm not saying that's bad. I think if Lebron does not agree, he is going to disrespect.....how Blatt navigates his way around these perceived slights is what I think is key to Blatt's success. Actually that's not true. I'm way too drunk to figure this shit out. Fun babbling about it tho.
    ^^^
    this is why i read here . lmao

Post Thanks / Like

i do
    this is what LBJ hears

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhHvgPLqjRc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhHvgPLqjRc[/ame]

plus she's cute

Post Thanks / Like

LOL could be worse, that's still better than what we hear in Homer Simpson's head :P

IF we can't beat the Magic today, one of the Easts weaker teams, then I will be building upon my skepticism of Blatt but for now, I must temper it.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

LeBron after the last game "I think we have to give our guys on the bench more of an opportunity. I looked at a stat, and myself, Kyrie and Kevin are three of the top five guys in the league in minutes per game and that has to come down. -- For me, I don't want to do that all year. Obviously right now it's difficult because we're trying to find a groove, trying to find a rhythm and we're trying to implement something that you don't want to shortcut it, but at the same time you want to be smart about it. So I don't mind giving up a few of my minutes to help the team, to help my minutes go down. I think it would be for the best."

Translation to me = LEBRON IS TIRED OF PLAYING 35+ MINUTES A NIGHT...

IMO One thing I will say about Blatt is that his rotations have not been as imaginiative as I was expecting. A guy with his experience, he should be using the mix of talent on his team to see what works, especially as the team is looking to end a losing streak. He seems to want to rely on his stars, which is what would be ideal in international ball where your best players are likely your workhorses. In the NBA you have to be able to maximize the talent you have.

Sure in the postseason, ride your stars. He needs to be much more cognizant of using his players more creatively through the 48 minutes of basketball. I'm thinking that may have a result. However, when the bench plays like it did versus Toronto, it does seem like a problematic scenario.

IMO this teams depth is suspect.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

LeBron after the last game "I think we have to give our guys on the bench more of an opportunity. I looked at a stat, and myself, Kyrie and Kevin are three of the top five guys in the league in minutes per game and that has to come down. -- For me, I don't want to do that all year. Obviously right now it's difficult because we're trying to find a groove, trying to find a rhythm and we're trying to implement something that you don't want to shortcut it, but at the same time you want to be smart about it. So I don't mind giving up a few of my minutes to help the team, to help my minutes go down. I think it would be for the best."

Translation to me = LEBRON IS TIRED OF PLAYING 35+ MINUTES A NIGHT...
    yes and this coach is clueless

IMO One thing I will say about Blatt is that his rotations have not been as imaginiative as I was expecting. A guy with his experience, he should be using the mix of talent on his team to see what works, especially as the team is looking to end a losing streak. He seems to want to rely on his stars, which is what would be ideal in international ball where your best players are likely your workhorses. In the NBA you have to be able to maximize the talent you have.

Sure in the postseason, ride your stars. He needs to be much more cognizant of using his players more creatively through the 48 minutes of basketball. I'm thinking that may have a result. However, when the bench plays like it did versus Toronto, it does seem like a problematic scenario.
    everyday we wait etc

IMO this teams depth is suspect.
    agree

ideally starters play 32 min x 5 = 160 min leaving 80 min for bench.
    subject to change game to game conditions.

lets look the bench

Shawn Marion - not a starter on this team. should be in for LBJ 13 min + 12 at the 2 guard 25 min total

Tristan Thompson - should get 30+ min 20 form Andy & 10 - 15 from Love

Dion Waiters - should get 25

that is a 8 man rotation. If you are paid 6-7 figures you Must figure out how to get 2 other players minutes in game.

after these 8 guys this is a weak bench with Delly out.

Mike Miller - getting 12 min
    James Jones - can't get any
    Brendan Haywood - match up guy Hibbert etc
    Lou Amundson - why ? guy is on team ?
    Joe Harris - rookie
    Will Cherry - fill in for Delly
    Alex Kirk - looked good in summer league

Post Thanks / Like

There really is no "problem" per se..

Blatt is still tinkering and learning the players. I think he just figured out that dion is best as the 6th man... and how to rotate players. He is also giguring out Love.

personally.. i just think they need to move the ball better.. the combined athletic ability on the court is insane. They just need to open up lanes with movement and passing

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree PGL, that there is no "problem" but it is what you make it.

I think the bench has been really flat. Dion is shooting .381% from the field, he hasn't been that spark that I am betting Blatt envisioned. The problem is we don't have another starting SG which is why you're hearing about Joe Harris... A rookie is not the answer at SG and Shawn Marion shouldn't be either. I suppose the GM has been adamant he wants to improve talent.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

yes and this coach is clueless

lets look the bench

Shawn Marion - not a starter on this team. should be in for LBJ 13 min + 12 at the 2 guard 25 min total

Tristan Thompson - should get 30+ min 20 form Andy & 10 - 15 from Love

Dion Waiters - should get 25

that is a 8 man rotation. If you are paid 6-7 figures you Must figure out how to get 2 other players minutes in game.

after these 8 guys this is a weak bench with Delly out.

Mike Miller - getting 12 min
    James Jones - can't get any
    Brendan Haywood - match up guy Hibbert etc
    Lou Amundson - why ? guy is on team ?
    Joe Harris - rookie
    Will Cherry - fill in for Delly
    Alex Kirk - looked good in summer league
    Yeah dude Its pretty barren. IMO Marion is a starting calibre player but playing out of position, and should be getting good rest, IE not full starters minutes.

James Jones isn't a great player, neither is Haywood. Amundson is a prettty much a one-dimensional big body rebounder. Then we have young talent in Harris, Cherry and Kirk.

I mean... Okay Start the rookie at SG, then you have Cherry, Waiters, Marion, TT, Haywood? coming off the bench. IMO Brendan Haywood was a garbage signing but that's just me.

There are question marks. I think the media is focusing on the wrong details per-se...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

We sure as heck could use Ray Allen. wtf is he doing ?
    the guess is he wants to wait till after the holidays. then everything team wise will have to change, kinda like adding thru a trade deal. but we need him & now.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO Allen would give us what we need but not what we need most. He could provide points off the bench, but he is not a starting SG at this point in his career. I'm skeptical he will play this season at all. He can't play defense anymore, so you're pretty much bringing him in as a three point shooter. We've got Miller and Jones, specifically for that purpose. I mean you drop Jones if you sign Allen IMO. BUT its just not a move that helps the cause.

Our depth would be much better with Delly, I expect the bench to show a lot more energy when he comes back.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

For Dion to perform Kyrie just needs to be on the bench

They cant play together. There's something buried there.

Dions still got it.. he just had his role switched.. the whole first block of games he was asked to play off the ball...

Recently he's back to handling. which is what he needs to do

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you PGL, but Waiters needs to improve, his shooting percentage is bad, below .400 and that's not going to cut it as a 6th man when we need that spark off the bench. As much as it could be adjusting to the role, the production we've been getting from Waiters this season has been underwhelming.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

We're in the midst of a statement game after scoring a season low vs Washington before. The ball movement has been good, the defensive effort has been exemplary and I have to credit Dion Waiters as well, he's come off the bench and been a presence on both ends of the court, and he's sharing the ball. Very effective basketball thus far.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!