Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blatt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're in the midst of a statement game after scoring a season low vs Washington before. The ball movement has been good, the defensive effort has been exemplary and I have to credit Dion Waiters as well, he's come off the bench and been a presence on both ends of the court, and he's sharing the ball. Very effective basketball thus far.
    Watching some of the replay now....and you're right....they look Very good. I'd forgotten how agile Lebron is for his size....unreal. He needs to take this team over and tell these young guys what's up. I think he was afraid to step on toes. This team goes as he goes...Kyrie is an exceptional talent but he isn't a 6' 8" freight train. MAN I hope these guys figure it out and buy in. Defense Defense Defense

Post Thanks / Like

Default back to .500

1st
    They got out to a nice start running the offense thru Andy. (who knew) they can't play much better than this.
    wiz just can't make shots, turning it over.

2nd
    back down to who's who. Cav's slopy close to the quarter.
    Kyrie playing with high energy picking pockets.

3rd
    Paul Pierce got him some.
    LBJ dialed in all night

4th
    wiz looking for the door.

LBJ on court interview translation...... i got carry these guys. lol

Tristan Thompson 30 minutes NO rebounds really wtf
    Dion Waiters 6-17 off night shooting did drop 6 dimes.

Austin Carr is just the best team broadcast TV color guy.
    Tommy Heinsohn is pretty good too

Blatt managed minutes better ? being up 12 - 20 or is he getting it ?
    being up 20 LBJ played 36 of 42 when he went out with 6 min left

Randy Wittman 8 years 1 winning season still hard to believe he's doing well.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 11-27-2014 at 06:04 AM.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah TT getting zero rebounds was surprising. It wasn't for lack of effort, but they just weren't falling his way. Hard to say that the minutes were not being managed much better, Lebron still at 36 minutes, maybe that's his 'comfort zone'. He put the team on his back but Kyrie deserves props because he was busy on both ends of the floor too, he had a few steals on defense.

I gotta give props to Kevin Love, he had a strong game, was a big body on the interior and had the highest +/- of any Cav last night.

They were embarassed by Washington last time so that's what you do when you have a re-match. Now we keep it up versus Milwaukee.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 11-27-2014 at 11:42 AM.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

is it just me or does lebron not dunk anymore?

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    is it just me or does lebron not dunk anymore?
    I didn't watch him much after he left CTown. I couldn't stand the sight of him....so I remember how he was years ago. He isn't as explosive, that's for sure...but he's older and thinking about the long term so it makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems to me he's much more conscious of moving the ball. Instead of driving the lane, he's looking for the open man. Not bad considering he's trying to lead by example. Im not really worried about it because he doesn't have to be that guy. When he's aggressive on the floor though, we win. LeBron needs to set the tone IMO, hes doing so by sticking to the game plan and making the most of the system.
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I know he's older.. but he's still young by NBA standards.. still in his prime..

Remember when he used to Jump his head was halfway up the backboard.. now he literally struggles to get his hand above the rim. Seriously.. watch it closely.

My stepdad noticed it too.. he thinks theres an injury Lebron has been hiding.. because even though hes older.. your hops dont diminish THAT much.

Remember.. LeBron was known for driving to the hole and dunking on 3 ppl at a time.. now he can barely throw down in an open lane

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    I didn't watch him much after he left CTown. I couldn't stand the sight of him....
    Recorded every heat game only watched the losses then only the last minutes.
    made me happy he was unhappy. i'm very shallow ?

Post Thanks / Like

Posted in the wrong thread lmao, but LeBron has had some real nice dunks tonight versus Indy. I think he might've read your critique :P

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The mutiny has not happened and might not. we are winning games in the regular season. but that is not what we are about, it's getting a Ring(s).

There are only 4 coaches in the NBA with them. to win one our coach will have to match wits with guys who have them most likely unless the Griz make it. even in the east he will have to go up against seasoned coaches like Tib's & spos and everyone else in the playoffs. this is the time of year where coaches earn their money.

The question is do you trust him matching wits with these guys ?

What coaches are available Jeff Van Gundy,George Karl,Mark Jackson,Mike Brown,Rick Adelman.
    who do you pick ? am i forgetting one ? your choice ?
    my pick George Karl #1 Rick Adelman #2 ........any of above

Post Thanks / Like

For the sake of naming names, I would have to say George Karl on that list. Helll no to Mike Brown. Van Gundy doesn't exactly fill me with confidence either. Mark Jackson is an interesting coach, but he lost that team (it was almost a mutiny...) and lost his job as a result.

I still don't think Blatt has done that poorly, the biggest knock against him IMO is that he's still getting a feel for his bench, seems as we're almost 20 games in to the season he better figure it out. Losing Delly, a player he couldn't even name (is there video of that by chance? Sure it wasn't just a blonde moment? It happens :P) shouldn't be this debilitating to the rotation. There's some kinks to work out, but how much longer do you give to work out kinks?

Carlisle from Dallas might be on the hot seat should they miss the playoffs, if he was available, he's a coach I like. He's got a good offensive mind and his teams have never been slouches on defense either.

Isn't Adelman retired?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Losing Delly, a player he couldn't even name (is there video of that by chance?
    can't find it sorry

Carlisle from Dallas might be on the hot seat should they miss the playoffs, if he was available, he's a coach I like. He's got a good offensive mind and his teams have never been slouches on defense either.
    not happening we might be playing them in the finals

Isn't Adelman retired?
    might just come out of the grave to coach these guys lol

Mark Jackson is an interesting coach, but he lost that team (it was almost a mutiny...) and lost his job as a result.
    He did not lose the team. he lost the FO

The players, though, were all-in on Jackson’s motivational style — and Stephen Curry still seems as though he’s not too happy with the team’s decision to let Jackson go.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...al-with-video/

kinda like Lionel Hollins
    Last edited by madmadworld; 12-02-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

You know how media conjecture works. I remember reading stories before the playoffs. Granted, I read the same stories about Indiana and they extended Vogel (one of my favourite coaches). Mark Jackson is a coach I like. He is probably #2 on my list of your choices Van Gundy 3rd as I don't know that Adelman would come out of retirement. (Can't assume but lets just assume :P)

The thing about Lionel Hollins is he's kind of a Mangini in that he gives his veterans minutes over his rookies as if it were a principal. Memphis had some good young talent that Memphis didn't think he was maximizing. He also clashed with the FO, but IMO, with the new head coach Joerger it's the same system. He was one of Hollins' assistants.

This article from NBA.com actually pimps free agent head coaches:

George Karl, Jeff Van Gundy, Scott Skiles, Mike Woodson, Doug Collins, Vinny Del Negro, Mike Brown, Mike D’Antoni, Keith Smart, Avery Johnson, P.J. Carlesimo, Lawrence Frank and Maurice Cheeks.

Notable Assistants: Jack Sikma, Mario Elie, Terry Porter, T.R. Dunn, Igor Kokoskov, Scott Williams, Bill Peterson, Bernie Bickerstaff, Brian Hill, Bob Ociepka and Rasheed Wallace

Brian Hill coached the Vancouver Grizzlies back in the day, he's actually a pretty good coach. He had one of the better teams in that city before it moved. One of those "no-win" scenarios. Scott Skiles? Thumbs up or Thumbs down? Any other names you like?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Lionel Hollins
    lost his job because he hated analytics and the FO fell in love with them. lets see who was right. imo in game who's hot and plus minus is all that counts. the FO disagreed with this.

Avery Johnson is the only 1 on that list i care for.
    Scott Skiles if he could play lol

Post Thanks / Like

Sikma, Ociepka and cavs assistant Jim Boylan are profiled in the article I linked...

I liked Hollins too, and I wish the Grizzlies hadn't fired him. You don't fire your coach after setting a franchise record in wins and getting to the Western Final... but like you said, fundamental philisophical differences. I hope he does well in Brookyln, but not too well because Fuck Brooklyn (Raptors pretty much rivals... lol)

I agree about playing who is hot and Plus/Minus. That's a hockey key stat as well. It's important to have players responsible at both ends.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1984-85 Cleveland Cavaliers

George Karl
    first HC job the team went 2-19 before the team bought in to his style of play. they finished 34 -27. drew the Bird Celtics in the first round they got ALL the calls and it cost us the series imo.. how in hell could THEY let us beat them, what a rip off. worse I've seen including the Kings vs Lakers series fiasco.

Post Thanks / Like

We need a coach to have us push the basketball.

We need to run....run....run.

Bring James Jones in and hit 3s. Spread court and pass the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Uh, why don't they just hire Mike Brown as a defensive assistant to fix the defense? I mean, that seems to be the real key weakness at this point. Looks like the players are starting to gel.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is still on the payroll unless they bought him out. they are going to win 50 + games if the players are not crippled by the minutes they are playing. but burned out with a coach with zip experience in the playoffs going against the best in the NBA. at this point if he stays he will be used as a scapegoat for any failure in the playoffs. i just want that crutch removed. asap

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sure David you can play those guys

Did they just let him know ?

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400578595

Look at those minutes !
    everyone played

Post Thanks / Like

I told you it all had to do with Delly being out! :P

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

HOLY CRAP BLATT USED THE BENCH
    - Waiters, 26pts in 30 minutes (+32)
    - TT with a double double off the bench in 29 minutes (+29)
    - JAMES JONES?! (+2 in 14 minutes, but 12 points, 4/5 from 3 pt land)
    - ... BRANDON HAYWOOD? A block and two rebounds, and a turnover, in five minutes.

I think this is a great sign. Blatt needs to be able to go to the bench. How can they prove themselves, if he is scared of going there? They have been incredibly up and down, but nights like tonight when the bench comes to play we can beat good teams.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Like you said, the Delly thing is huge. Seems to have opened up the whole bench. Dion showing up (and hopefully buying in) lately...Kyrie with the defensive efforts. TT has been balling his ass off. Lebron seems to be more comfortable now in just taking over...which, sometimes, we need him very much to do.

I seriously didn't think we were going to beat the Raptors tonight.....but in the 4th they just took it. That must really suck for Toronto lol.

8 in a row.

Post Thanks / Like

No way to win the big ones these days in the NBA without the role players. just ask the heat of yesteryear. could be lucky for Dion we have the best owner ever in C-town he will open up this wallet for him if he comes thru.

Raptors might be the best team right there with the Bulls yet behind us.

The surprise team so far the Hawks did not see them 14-6......... how is that ?