Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blatt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No way to win the big ones these days in the NBA without the role players. just ask the heat of yesteryear. could be lucky for Dion we have the best owner ever in C-town he will open up this wallet for him if he comes thru.

Raptors might be the best team right there with the Bulls yet behind us.

The surprise team so far the Hawks did not see them 14-6......... how is that ?
    2 years ago I remember Gilbert saying watch out for Dion Waiters he is going to surprise everyone...was working hard and all that. I think Dan loves Dion and has high hopes for him. Windy (Brian Windhorst) has been saying lately that Dion's best chance to get paid IS with the Cavs if he accepts his role...which he doesn't necessarily think he will. Lately, though I think Dion might and Brian agree. If Dion could come of the bench and be a playmaker that would be hugeeeeeee.

Raptors are a good team...glad we hit the booster rockets and took them out.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy who volunteered to pay a broken down Shaq 20 million to help LBJ....... is just sooo un Cleveland like owner. cheer cheers to Dan
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    No way to win the big ones these days in the NBA without the role players. just ask the heat of yesteryear. could be lucky for Dion we have the best owner ever in C-town he will open up this wallet for him if he comes thru.

Raptors might be the best team right there with the Bulls yet behind us.

The surprise team so far the Hawks did not see them 14-6......... how is that ?
    The Hawks are the definition of discipline and hard work, they're essentially the Pacers without a Paul George. Horford/Millsap is probably one of the best frontcourts in the NBA. Jeff Teague has quietly become one of the NBA's best point guards over the past couple seasons, very underrated player. Demarre Carroll, another underrated player, has provided stability at the SF position. He's not a volume scorer, but hes like a more consistent James Johnson. Intense defender, does a lot of good things on the floor.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Hahaha I was covering my ass, you got me. :P

As I've explicitly stated, I am giving Blatt the season, that being said he's not exactly doing that good so far. I found a nice article from CBS that shares your view of criticizing Blatt, and there are more and more voices growing.

Meanwhile Sportsgrid suggests doing what you think is already happening with Blatt to a certain extent, hire a puppet coach. (Written after the Blatt being boxed out of his own teams huddle incident, has that happened again?)

Lets look at the Bullet List shall we, so far this season LeBron has:
    *Called a players-only meeting just before the team’s first practice, where he told each player what he expected from him personally.

*Made a conscious decision not to involve himself on the offensive or defensive end, forcing the Cavaliers to play stagnant basketball until they agreed with “his way of thinking.”

*Took the air out of Blatt’s tires by saying he didn’t believe in “pep talks.”

*Said that the young guys on the team were like his “kids” and that he’d taken on the “burden of leading” them.

*Called for a reduction in his, Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love’s minutes.

Since, what has he done in the last month since this article was written. There was the Kevin Love incident where Blatt kind of made a joke about him. Though that isn't LeBron related. I digress. Did you know we have an entire thread to discuss David Blatt :P
    Been ahead of the curve here.
    What are They wait for ?

We have a open window of 4-5 years the clock is ticking. this needs fixed. if for some reason Love thinks this a bad idea at seasons end that would just be.. unthinkable.
    he has played for a very good coach in Rick Adelman this dysfunction must be grading on him my guess.
    Kyrie do you think he would ever turn around at Krzyzewski like he did David ?

Post Thanks / Like

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmppFbIyc4[/ame]

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for re-routing discussion madworld.

I can't really refute what you're saying without engaging in pure hypotheticals and I just don't care to with Basketball because I don't love it, as much as say I love the Browns So I will go with you on this.

Blatt has struck me as underwhelming, he hasn't commanded the respect of his players and he has been routinely out coached. Routinely.

For me to see it turn around, the biggest thing is he needs to get a grasp of bench rotations and fast. The big 3 cant be playing 37-40 minutes a night. Those numbers need to come down. He needs to learn to trust his bench and learn what his roleplayers CAN FUCKING DO. How is he going to learn how to coach this team if he doesnt USE his team. He's got to grab this bull by the horns, try things. I get a sense of going-through-the-motions which I just wouldn't expect from a guy in his rare opportunity. Maybe it's his demeanor. But that's the best critique I can come up with madworld :P

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

You are right about the bench.

And Rodman is right about Basketball & It's a triangle

Basketball is easy it's Life that is hard. ever note the Great players talking about their coaches ? they don't talk about how coach taught them how to set a pick & such. they teach them how to be a man. how to see the bigger picture. Life lessons. like any good teacher they capture your mind. you open it to them once this happens getting them to play is easy. great coaches can and do teach they can't help it.

This past few weeks were a great time to set down with the team talk to them about the young people who are dying in the streets. how they are the future how they can make a difference in others lives. did this happen . i have no idea but guess not.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1WOjpegGyA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1WOjpegGyA[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

It goes back to what you argued before. What can this guy show LeBron? I am seeing why you said nothing but I can't give up on Blatt yet.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can't give up on him yet either. I imagine if Lebron can't stand him, he'll be gone. Bron was pretty hard on Spo from what I've heard....challenged him and whatnot. I was just hoping for stability but if the guy sucks....he sucks. We don't exactly have 3 years to let him learn the pro game....we must keep Lebron and Love Happy. It would be less bumpy as well if Ty Lue just slid into the spot. I'm still hoping it works out but if it doesn't, it doesn't.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blatt rotations

Go to Postgame: Coach Blatt - Dec. 21
    3:40

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/archive

Post Thanks / Like

I get the feeling he was trying to answer in a way that said "I'm flexible, and I can work on the spot..." But his answer came out like "Uhh... yeah, well you know we'd like to do that (sit the Big 3 in the 4th for some rest) but like that's just not happened."

I don't like to read too much into a presser but that answer was like he was trying for deflection and indifference but just came off out of his element... I'm finding less and less evidence to defend him. The only thing keeping his head above water is being above .500 (in a borderline embarrassingly weak conference).

My prediction is that Blatt's tenure will come to an end when the Cavs are unceremoniously dumped in the playoffs, maybe in the second round but probably in the first...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I think David is a grown man, English is his first language. lol
    and he let the cat out of the bag. with no design of when rotate his players pre game.

Sadly think you are right, as is we will be gone in the 1st or second round more likely. that is not acceptable. at a third of the way thru the season we should be rolling Championship or bust striking fear into opponents as they get off the bus.
    we need to make a change in the next 2 weeks or it will be too late.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that really puts it all in to perspective for me is that LeBron has really driven home the team aspect. I think that, if and when this team has a coach that understands AT THE VERY LEAST a goddamn bench rotation that they will be very dangerous. I'm kind of aghast that Blatt even said that. I watched it, over and over again, for a good few minutes because I just couldn't believe the answer he gave. IF I was that journalist, I legitimately would have laughed out loud.

BTW, I have one of those obnoxious/loud laughs that you can't mistake...

Anyway I digress...

How he isn't facepalming so hard about saying that is beyond me. Shit. I would love to coach this team. I would be tinkering with match-ups, line-ups, on a nightly basis, based on our opponent. You have to be able to be flexible in the NBA (and I, like with football, really don't know a lick on a technical basis.) and you have to know your team. For him to come out and say that just strikes me of ignorance on a level that cannot be ignored.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

My wild ass guess is he only watched the playoffs & Finals and just thinks that's how one coaches in the NBA. being over seas all those years.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't understand how he looks at this team. I've read arguments that Len is a rather slowish/brutish center like Haywood, and would cause us to slow down the offense considerably. Then why not give Amundson some minutes? Yeah he had a miserable +/- last time he got decent minutes in a game but we are absolutely strapped for talent, especially on our front court without Andy.

I do really feel like the coach is the biggest thing holding us back now. We have a bench that we don't use. 4+ guys DNP every night. What's the point of saving TT for the bench, when we don't use one? IMO Marion would be better coming off the bench as he is a more responsible defender, to spell K-Love so he's not burning 38 minutes a night. Kyrie with FORTY TWO minutes, re-hurting his knee? Hopefully it's not serious.

I just don't understand. No one has sat this guy down and said "look, David, what you're doing needs to change. Observe your peers, look what they do with their bench. Find a way to include the whole team. It's time to develop a plan of a rotation, and when/if it doesn't work you tinker with it. THAT IS WHY THERE IS TWO WEEKS OF PRE-SEASON....

I really feel that I could coach this team better.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I really feel that I could coach this team better.
    Won't say that but we could manage minutes better. and listen to the assistant coaches use their input. yes we could do better. isn't that sad ?

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Blatt and Lue had a disagreement over benching Kevin Love yesterday...

Man he can't even bench his players properly... His assistants going over him.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Blatt and Lue had a disagreement over benching Kevin Love yesterday...

Ugh

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you find this EE ?

Post Thanks / Like

Read about it on reddit. I'll do some diligence here. It's very possible it was just conjecture of observance by someone who was at the game. Love was benched to start the fourth quarter and then he was put back in. Nothing the media seemed to take note of.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 12-29-2014 at 02:29 PM.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Seems like the Blood is in the water now. everything points to him as a nice guy. that alone has kept most of the media just waiting..... not throwing stones. when the earth stops shaking ... most will spill all we/me have said for 2 months now.
    put in a tough position for his first job etc
    Last edited by madmadworld; 12-30-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

this blows...be interested to see what they do tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be like that gif lol

me and my first mother-in law were like that sort of.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much every outlet has their own version of the "Blatt" story. IMO, like you said, the sharks smell blood. Trying to spin LeBrons' words, he even called the media out on that after the last game. I think LeBron is a smart guy, smart enough not to stir the fire and make it look like he doesn't have his coaches back. LeBron, Love, Kyrie, they've all spoken out about support of their coach but LeBron's was the most ominous...

"What other coach do we have?"

All in all, it's starting out like the Media witch hunt against Manziel, for better or worse...

Yeah, I'm still trying to cut Blatt slack. I'm that guy

WOOF WOOF WOOF!