Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 169 to 184 of 184

Thread: David Blatt

  1. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LMAO!!!

    Oh god that was good madworld, but you're probably right...
    You would have lowered LBJ and others minutes
    LBJ does not need 2 weeks off you might have won 5-7 of those games also lol
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  2. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah Perkins gives us further flexibility, allows TT to be a TRUE backup to Love (this might impact his minutes).

    Man where's Blatt going to find minutes for this team now lol. He probably feels spoiled compared to the beginning of the season. Loved reading that he thinks JR Smith has been "like a dream" for us. Madworld I told you we'd be happy with JR
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  3. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im ready to welcome Kendrick Perkins.........
    Thank you Kendrick Perkins for choosing us
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  4. #172
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guess because I want the RING so bad................ I have never watched a season so hard.
    If David just rolled out minutes normally .. might not be doing this... watching every move he makes.

    We have not had enough close games to see him in action. after 57 games he has not coached up a win due to that. i hope

    David got defensive in post presser about LBJ minutes with the reporters and BS ed his way around it, by saying his minutes are the lowest of his career yet we know it's due to these blowout wins.
    besides that since LBJ's come back he has been calling his own minutes.

    He played Jones 14 mins Delly longer at the end of this Knick game. Matrix & Miller 0 minutes wtf is up with that ? he saving them ?

    Do we remember the last euro coach ?
    sure do suffered with him 2 years with my Lakers Mike D'Antoni we know his story well. David does get the D aspect of the game....but still.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  5. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Marion has been playing through a painful hip injury, I read, so that explains why his minutes have been scant. My guess is with the new additions (Shump) Miller's minutes have been slashed. IMO only one of Miller/Jones should be getting minutes with who we have. Unless you're giving both of them a token 7-8 minutes.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  6. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do we remember the last euro coach ?
    sure do suffered with him 2 years with my Lakers Mike D'Antoni we know his story well. David does get the D aspect of the game....but still.
    D'Antoni got lucky in Phoenix, he had Steve Nash when he was maybe (somehow) arguably one of the best basketball players in the world, certainly one of the most creative. IF they had actually built a team around him or had a real coach, I bet they could have won NBA Championships...
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  7. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    D'Antoni got lucky in Phoenix,
    Not lucky enough. hope our guy gets more luck............
    what if we win it all....... and he never shows anymore than we have seen now ? would be weird huh
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  8. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think it would show the talent of this roster to win a championship in those conditions. I do feel like we're coming together at the right time, we addressed the real weaknesses of the roster and if Blatt can continue to keep these guys clicking I see no reason why we shouldn't threaten to take the East.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  9. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
    Posts
    1,739
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well...this team looks wayyyy different not only in the last year...but in the last 2 months! Old Dan is pulling out the stops and letting LBJ run with what Griff can get it seems. Blatt may or may not be along for the ride but he seems like a smart motherfucker....and may be smart enough to stay out of the way if he needs to. This is gonna be fun.

  10. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    David's best game yet imo
    he found match up's that worked. only question is why Timo got so few minutes, he was hurting them badly.
    bottom line he got the job done. credit our second half D for this W
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  11. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Would you say this was finally a game he out-coached his opponent?

    I like the encouraging words, the box scores have looked a lot better lately. I have to take the time to watch a Cavs game. I'll admit pro wrestling has pretty much occupied my free time of late.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  12. #180
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say this was finally a game he out-coached his opponent?
    no
    Stan is very good, proven etc... loud
    working with far less.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  13. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The tone has changed...

    Admonishment has turned to praise. The five second memory of the media is pretty funny. I've read numerous, numerous pro Blatt pieces this week. Many had the sense to tell it how it is and tie his success to LeBron, Kyrie, Love, or some combination of the three. Others have said he's persevered in other ways, such as the success of JR Smith. Citing that fateful bowling trip, it turned the team around. He's not being shoved out of the way anymore.

    Fans are a bit more grandiose with their praise but reddit in general is a pretty optimistic community.

    I have never given up on him but I know you've been more critical madworld, we're still waiting for him to out coach. One story I read said that "he hasn't let himself be outcoached lately." Agree/disagree?
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  14. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well he had a BIG chance tonight to sell me...see how that went ?
    most/all coaches don't have LeBron & Kyrie every night and still win A game.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  15. #183
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,165
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lots of good Fights this weekend had no time to watch Fridays game till now,

    He knew they would be without Kyrie & LeBron told him he was sore after the Thursdays game he held him out, so when he decided that ?

    Going into the game ... what are our strengths ? our D what are our weaknesses ? scoring (you think)

    Therefore i must get the ball/shots to my most efficient players Timo & TT
    believe it or not Mike Brown & Scott had plays for TT. so these 2 shot 6-14. Timo only got 19 minutes TT 28. Timo was the only + player +6. started the 3rd went out and never came back.

    David told the guys keep running the ball up on O. why ? that was not a strength with these players.
    most of us have noted Shumpert & JR's chemistry yet Shumpert played many minutes without him in the second half. sure JR had some foul trouble. tell his ass to play clean and get out there.

    Yes they shot poorly part of it is told above TT 3-4.. just me but in this game i want him take 18-20 shots not Delly. Timo too 15-20 shots
    Delly as our PG ??????? pick up somebody please.

    I'll bring this up again Love is a GREAT passer out of the High post... been waiting for this since November.......he has no plays for this...... does he ?
    someone please send David this
    http://www.coachesclipboard.net/212Offense.html
    Vlade Divac


    What do David's assistants think of him subconsciously ? Lue wanted this job.
    Larry Drew, Jim Boylan, both with 15+ years in NBA coaching... just saying

    That Philly game thought he got ripped a new one also we were up 14 in the third and lost.
    no LeBron & Kyrie in that game also.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400578801
    Last edited by madmadworld; 03-02-2015 at 06:18 AM.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  16. #184
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LeBron said it was Blatt's call to sit him... for what its worth.

    Lack of Love integration in the offensive playmaking has been the biggest critique I've read of Blatt's coaching, the most consistent critique. Divac is a good example but even more contemporarily, Memphis' bigs, especially Gasol. Gasol averages 3.7 assists per game and although Randolph averaged over 1 assist more a game last year, his play is much more responsible this season.

    Using Love as the spacer made sense before we had a guy like JR who can hit 3's from like 2-3 feet beyond the arc.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •