Thread: How Quickly They Forget

Post Thanks / Like

Default How Quickly They Forget

Recently heard on the radio: "Lebron led Cleveland Cavaliers still struggling at 5-4", after which they went on to say how disappointing the Cavs are and how they are not nearly as good as they should be and how Lebron may have made a mistake coming to Cleveland.

How quickly they forget. The Miami heat were 5-4 after nine games the year Lebron teamed up with Wade and Bosh. In fact, the went on to be 9-8 before they finally got it together and ripped off the next 12 games.

Give the Cavs a few weeks and they WILL be the team we have waited for.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

You won't get much disagreement from the regulars around here DF. I think it's a great sign to see the team pushing each other (especially Kyrie visibly trying to be a leader on the floor the past few games). They're developing chemistry, more importantly they're developing trust. Keep in mind we've got a rookie coach who is himself adapting to the NBA game. There's a lot to settle here but I don't think there's been anything to warrant the kind of cynical response I've seen from the media.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Taking bets on David

Here next year ?
    not here

Makes thru this season ?
    50/50

Gone after all-star break ?
    answered on Jan 1

Let's face it he doesn't get this job with LBJ & K Love on this roster.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's sooooo early but there ARE red flags. They need to be addressed, obviously. Chemistry and such... Everyone knew the D would suck....not often everyone is right lol. Being in the east allows room for growing pains. It's a strange situation with Lebron seemingly sitting back sometimes and then taking over and then Kyrie telling Lebron to get aggressive and Lebron dropping weight and Dion and and and...it's almost as bad as this sentence.

I'd feel better about Blatt if he had his family near bye...having them so far away has got to be a strain on him.....confident dude, though, and from what I've seen, I like him very much.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the basis, are you just reading in to things or just generally asking the question? I don't see Blatt getting fired unless the Cavs some how manage to miss the playoffs and display spectacular implosion. Refer back to the OP, chemistry takes time to form a reaction. These guys are trying to learn to play together while Blatt is learning the NBA game is much different from International basketball.

I just don't see why we should be taking bets on the Coach. It's not like the Cavs are 2-8. However, it is clear that without the dynamic star power we have I think we have at least 2-3 less wins than we currently have...

I think he lasts the season, and next year is the year he gets more scrutiny. With LeBron's sway, I think he would have to really come in to those cross-hairs to lose his job this season.

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Taking bets on David

Here next year ?
    not here

Makes thru this season ?
    50/50

Gone after all-star break ?
    answered on Jan 1

Let's face it he doesn't get this job with LBJ & K Love on this roster.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

You just don't hire a guy with zero NBA experience to win a title. LBJ is the coach now with some help from Larry and Jim either of whom would be a better choice. seems like a good guy with a few years as a assistant he might be ready to be a HC. it was a reach from day 1. imo
    lets see how it plays out.

Post Thanks / Like

I get what you're saying dude. But I mean... Okay this is just me going tinfoil hat mode here but lets assume LeBron gave Cleveland a heads up he was going to join them. I mean how do they hire Blatt without his say so. IMO a coach with zero NBA experience is perfect for LeBron to be the true influence. IMO, what experienced coach wants a player with a commanding presence/attitude like LeBron? He said teaching this team is harder than winning that first championship. Why is LeBron doing the teaching?

I will remember you're not sold on Blatt but I will always adhere to my Shurmur rule, even with other pro sports (Reserve judgement on a hc for two seasons. Only exception was John Tortorella in Vancouver last year. Dead in the water coach I wanted as far away from my team as possible. It's a miracle he wasn't fired mid-season. Having two one-and-done coaches with the Canucks/Browns made spring pretty bitter for me :P)

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

A perfect example I give you current Raptors coach Dwayne Casey. Dude had that team going nowhere fast. They finally get some talent on that roster, and the team is a playoff team all of a sudden setting the franchise record for wins in a season. Sometimes a coach will surprise you.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    A perfect example I give you current Raptors coach Dwayne Casey. Dude had that team going nowhere fast. They finally get some talent on that roster, and the team is a playoff team all of a sudden setting the franchise record for wins in a season. Sometimes a coach will surprise you.
    Your man has 10 years NBA coaching experience and a Ring. sold

Post Thanks / Like

I get what you're saying dude. But I mean... Okay this is just me going tinfoil hat mode here but lets assume LeBron gave Cleveland a heads up he was going to join them. I mean how do they hire Blatt without his say so.
    Simple answer they had no idea LBJ was coming when he was hired.

IMO, what experienced coach wants a player with a commanding presence/attitude like LeBron?
    Riley,Jackson,Pop etc
    it would not have worked in Miami without Riley schooling Spoe over the years before and after LBJ arrived. he was/is a hands on GM like no other.... well maybe Phil now... don't know.
    Speaking of Phil he just might have come to The Land if he knew about LBJ & Love.

He said teaching this team is harder than winning that first championship. Why is LeBron doing the teaching?
    He has the experience. and my guess he sees the lack of it in David. the assistants those guys don't want to step on his toes. no idea just how much delegating he has..... obviously not anyone doing the minutes lol

Calipari in 2015 ? .....that is who LBJ would have picked much respected by him.

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno man, I just can't go on discussing changing the coach. As previously noted, you can see why its a frustrating topic for me :P. However I get what you're saying. The thing is I just don't see it but you're watching more Cavs basketball than I am so I trust your gut dude. BTW where did Dwayne Casey get the ring?

So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. You wish Blatt had 'gone through the ropes' perhaps learning as an assistant to a more tenured coach before taking the leap to coaching NBA?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW where did Dwayne Casey get the ring?
    He stole it from LBJ in 2011
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwane_Casey"]Dwane Casey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. You wish Blatt had 'gone through the ropes' perhaps learning as an assistant to a more tenured coach before taking the leap to coaching NBA?
    yes or if this was a team without title aspirations = no LBJ/Love.

Don't get me wrong nice guy.
    We just don't have 3 years for him to figure this all out.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 11-20-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh snap! I didn't realize that was where we signed him from. Yes based on the Shurmur Rule, I was done with Casey after two seasons but now the Raptors are starting to show some chemistry and some energy under him, they are a threat in the weak East.

With Blatt and LeBron, all I will say is that I anticipate Blatt may surprise you. However, I'll be more than happy to admit I'm wrong if Blatt doesn't either last the season or make it to next year.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    Recently heard on the radio: "Lebron led Cleveland Cavaliers still struggling at 5-4", after which they went on to say how disappointing the Cavs are and how they are not nearly as good as they should be and how Lebron may have made a mistake coming to Cleveland.

How quickly they forget. The Miami heat were 5-4 after nine games the year Lebron teamed up with Wade and Bosh. In fact, the went on to be 9-8 before they finally got it together and ripped off the next 12 games.

Give the Cavs a few weeks and they WILL be the team we have waited for.
    So...just to revisit....the Cavs are now 11-7 and on a 6 game winning streak. That puts the 1 game up on the 'veteran' Miami Heat team in LeBron's first year with them.

So much for struggling!
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of encouraging signs but this team will live or die by its stars. Our bench is inconsistent to the point of being unreliable. This is something that will hold us back in the short term.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

This Cavs team if they can push the basketball could be dangerous. They are most athletic team.

Post Thanks / Like

Its about more than just the transition game, though I agree the Cavs need to display consistent energy as well. I've argued this team will live and die with LeBron and need him to bring a consistent effort and set the tone every night. Guys like Kyrie and Marion have really done a great job of bringing it every night.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Love Blatt. Think he's a great coach, and will prove that in time. The question is if he can convince a group full of giant egos and guys who are used to being the go-to guy to do his bidding.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown