Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2014 Part Two

Post Thanks / Like

Default NBA 2014 Part Two

Started a new thread because hell I can't remember the last time I had to do that in this subforum.

On the slate today:

Cavs vs Hornets - Love is back as well as Marion, both expected to play. I expect Kyrie to continue to assert himself. He's growing in to a leader in his own right, he's set an example on the floor working hard on both ends. I just wish it would rub off on others... We will need the bench to step up... guys like Dion. IF they get the minutes they should with guys out.

Mavs vs Celtics - Rondo's first game back in Boston since the trade. Should be an emotional game, I just love matchups like these.

Rockets vs Pellicans - The Pellicans are like two-face, a team drastically better at home. Both teams are on a bit of a cold streak. Who wants it more?

Wizards vs Thunder - Durant fresh off a hot return with 44 points. The Thunder need him if they want any hope at the playoffs. IS he fully healthy? Probably not but he needs to ball for the Thunder to crack the playoff bracket. The West will be decided much, much earlier than the eastern conference. Westbrook is elite, but that team is not that great without its premier stars.

Raptors vs Warriors - The Raptors are fresh off of a tough loss to Portland, they will be in tough against another one of the West's good teams in Golden State. This is the kind of game that shows you where you are as a team. Without their best player, the Raptors have usurped the Mavericks with the NBA's highest offensive efficiency rating.

Grizzlies vs Lakers - IF Tony Allen plays, the Kobe/Allen matchup should be very interesting to watch. Allen is still one of the NBA's premier perimeter defenders. Still without ZBo, it will be tough for the Lakers to neutralize Gasol. The interior matchups could set the tone. It will be interesting to see how Ed Davis plays versus his former team, as well.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 01-03-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cavs vs Hornets - Love is back as well as Marion, both expected to play. I expect Kyrie to continue to assert himself. He's growing in to a leader in his own right, he's set an example on the floor working hard on both ends. I just wish it would rub off on others... We will need the bench to step up... guys like Dion. IF they get the minutes they should with guys out.
    The slave driver played 7 guys all but 6 minutes. someone call the minutes Police !
    Kyrie Irving 42 Tristan Thompson 43
    they gutted out a road W on a 7-11 home team.

Mavs vs Celtics - Rondo's first game back in Boston since the trade. Should be an emotional game, I just love matchups like these.
    Rondo 29 Pts and co. were ready up 14 after 1st qtr 28 after 3 & coasted home.
    chant...Tyson Chandler Tyson Chandler Tyson Chandler The Eraser - fixes mistakes of others... man crush yes
    The Classy Celtics had a tribute video after the 1st qtr for Rondo. he was 6-6 for 15 @ that point.
    Tommy Heinsohn @ 80 is still a joy to hear.
    Rockets vs Pellicans - The Pellicans are like two-face, a team drastically better at home. Both teams are on a bit of a cold streak. Who wants it more?
    These Pelicans flew past the Rockets up 29 after 3 never close.
    Wizards vs Thunder - Durant fresh off a hot return with 44 points. The Thunder need him if they want any hope at the playoffs. IS he fully healthy? Probably not but he needs to ball for the Thunder to crack the playoff bracket. The West will be decided much, much earlier than the eastern conference. Westbrook is elite, but that team is not that great without its premier stars.
    Durant only 34 on 12-18 in 31 min. check the box score Blatt a lesson on how to use a bench you loser lol
    Raptors vs Warriors - The Raptors are fresh off of a tough loss to Portland, they will be in tough against another one of the West's good teams in Golden State. This is the kind of game that shows you where you are as a team. Without their best player, the Raptors have usurped the Mavericks with the NBA's highest offensive efficiency rating.
    Speights went off 12-19 for 26 in 25 little minutes all this friends showed up too.
    this sucks always liked the Warriors till this year.
    Grizzlies vs Lakers - IF Tony Allen plays, the Kobe/Allen matchup should be very interesting to watch. Allen is still one of the NBA's premier perimeter defenders. Still without ZBo, it will be tough for the Lakers to neutralize Gasol. The interior matchups could set the tone. It will be interesting to see how Ed Davis plays versus his former team, as well.
    After last year this is a fun group of Lakers to watch ...winning more would be better.
    Kobe played 33 min 8 too many imo
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

The Slave Driver, a new nickname? Hahaha.

Miller with a +15, but zero points. Pretty impressive. Troubling to me is we barely beat a struggling team... Hopefully this win gives us some confidence but Blatt's gonna ruin Kyrie playing him 40+ minutes a night. I haven't seen him play less than that since he came back.

Chandler's always been one of my favourite bigs. That dallas team missed his toughness and consistency inside.

Scott Brooks has always been meticulous with his lineups and matchups. He's not killing his stars right after they come back from injury.

Speaking of crushes on bigs, Speights has always been one of my favourite role players. He's the kind of big who would be what the doctor ordered in Cleveland. A stretch four who has interior toughness. Perfect to spell Love so he's not playing 40 minutes. Blatt would probably give him a token 10 minutes a game though...

Kobe almost had another triple double...

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    The slave driver played 7 guys all but 6 minutes. someone call the minutes Police !
    Kyrie Irving 42 Tristan Thompson 43
    they gutted out a road W on a 7-11 home team.

Rondo 29 Pts and co. were ready up 14 after 1st qtr 28 after 3 & coasted home.
    chant...Tyson Chandler Tyson Chandler Tyson Chandler The Eraser - fixes mistakes of others... man crush yes
    The Classy Celtics had a tribute video after the 1st qtr for Rondo. he was 6-6 for 15 @ that point.
    Tommy Heinsohn @ 80 is still a joy to hear.

These Pelicans flew past the Rockets up 29 after 3 never close.

Durant only 34 on 12-18 in 31 min. check the box score Blatt a lesson on how to use a bench you loser lol

Speights went off 12-19 for 26 in 25 little minutes all this friends showed up too.
    this sucks always liked the Warriors till this year.

After last year this is a fun group of Lakers to watch ...winning more would be better.
    Kobe played 33 min 8 too many imo

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

On the slate:

Atlanta/Portland, Memphis/Denver, Washington/San Antonio and Miami/Houston are the big games tonight, kind of an underwhelming day matchup wise...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand.....Kyrie is hurting. Behold us, we are pitiful. Oddly enough I am still hoping they put it together enough to win at least 1 round in the playoffs. Beyond that.....boy...I'm just not sure right now. It will get better it will get better it will get better. Chanting the little engine that could type philosophies was not my what I was expecting at this point in the season. I'll be trying to stay positive. Fuck it....it's still better than last year.

Post Thanks / Like

It will get better. If we can deflate king James giant head so he can buy into Blatts system.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    It will get better. If we can deflate king James giant head so he can buy into Blatts system.
    Shame is he has NO NBA system. we kiss a precious year down the drain giving this rookie OJT.
    LBJ is not the problem he is the solution, his resume speaks for itself. he is a HOF er if he never plays another game.

Post Thanks / Like

Name me one coach in LBJs career that he has not caused issues with.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

My only problem with Blatt is he has no idea how to work bench rotations, it's leading to our stars that we need being tired and getting hurt. Kyrie's had two knee-related issues and now back issues, but Blatt still plays him 41 minutes a night. Seriously it's a bit ridiculous.

There IS a thread for that but eh :P

It's been pretty clear that LeBron has tried to play within the system. He's been sharing the ball and trying to hold his teammates accountable. It's hard to do that when he's hurt. I laughed when he denied Dion a pass and gave him a taste of his own medicine...

I do agree with Griffin that there's nothing to worry about, but there is things to worry about.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    Name me one coach in LBJs career that he has not caused issues with.
    What is your problem with LBJ ?

Most NBA players have/had issues with coach it's normal. LBJ has played with 3 NBA coaches before this year and has never sacked them when he could with 1 phone call. plus his activity in team USA basketball very coachable player period.

Just in case you don't know.. what has happened here is unprecedented, a 55 year old man who has never played or coached in the NBA has been given the task of winning a championship. anything short of this is a unsuccessful season. this is a fact.
    could you imagine a person who spent the past 37 years outside of the USA given this task in the NFL ? Quit laughing..... this is where we are.

To add to what EE said i will propose that most above average NBA fans could manage the minutes of these players better than he has. wtf

how much of the NBA do you follow ?
    i'm i junkie it's the main reason i have directv with 9 dvr tuners. i record virtually every game, watch 20+ games a week plus 20+ 4th qtr's. former Cav's season ticket buyer etc.

Post Thanks / Like

DION WAITERS TRADED

We get JR Smith AND Shumpert.

Details still coming down.

This solves our need for a starting SG.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Houston at Chicago

Rockets got sexed only shot 5 FT's while the Bulls got 30 made 27. that's no miss print.
    their lowest total of FT's since 1978

Dallas at Brooklyn
    see Rondo what a stat line 1-13 10r 14a +7 2 pts....... only him lol
    http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400578803
    Last edited by madmadworld; 01-06-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Butler has been making his case to be in the 'elite' category. Dude has emerged big time.

In Dallas they need Rondo to make plays, not necessarily score points but that is a bonkers stat line. A double double with 2 points? Lol

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Best part about JR SMith.. HE CAN PASS!

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

I've stewed on it, and I still feel really good about the trade. I've never been that huge of a fan of Dion, that could be part of it. The protected first rounder gives us another trade asset should we try to pursue a big.

Grantland wrote a really good breakdown of the trade, the biggest criticism was that we will have a hard time affording both TT AND Shumpert, which makes sense.

I just find it hard to see how we lose this trade. Madworld you were a critic of the trade, what's your feeling after having a sleep on it?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy Butler has been making his case to be in the 'elite' category. Dude has emerged big time.
    I still hate everything Bulls lol

The Butcher is out to kill him... next.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/pl...ort/avgMinutes

Post Thanks / Like

I've stewed on it, and I still feel really good about the trade. I've never been that huge of a fan of Dion, that could be part of it. The protected first rounder gives us another trade asset should we try to pursue a big.

Grantland wrote a really good breakdown of the trade, the biggest criticism was that we will have a hard time affording both TT AND Shumpert, which makes sense.

I just find it hard to see how we lose this trade. Madworld you were a critic of the trade, what's your feeling after having a sleep on it?
    #1 Gilbert don't care about $$ being over the cap be dammed

i feel a little better about it i guess. forgot JR & LBJ were buddies.
    our needs imo are still a coach and PG and a BIG. playing LBJ at the point is bad long term. Kyrie is no point guard stats say so. even before LBJ .
    why could we not get Rondo ? he said with a tear. Danny did not want to see him over and over i know.

We have at least 2 moves left. Griffin do something. not sold on him yet. it's been such a game changer from trying to make the playoffs to where's my RING about over night. are these people( blatt & grif) up to this task ? time will tell.
    all i know is THIS is the chance of my lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

So who will be on our bench ?
    not that David will see them lol unless we are down 20 which could happen

Post Thanks / Like

Was late settling down Monday night only seen the second half of the Philly game just watched the beginning that was strange hyping up Dion then pulling him lol
    then we sent out 4 white guys to start.........trouble there .. but no up 13. know i have seen 4 white guys to starting but can't remember when. I'm guessing it was kinda like this a trade etc

Post Thanks / Like

I see Delly, JR, Miller/Marion and TT coming off the bench once Shump is healthy. Blatt now has flexibility, how will he make it work? That's my biggest worry, will the Slave Driver come around and start working some actual rotations. The roster has some real flexibility now. It's time for Blatt to start getting creative.

We're also packaging two future firsts to pick up Timofey Mozgov from Denver... so says the grapevine.

So who will be on our bench ?
    not that David will see them lol unless we are down 20 which could happen
    I'm curious to see how Dion does in OKC, but they have very little talent on the wings so I think he will be a good fit there. I wish him the best, but he was just not fitting here in Cleveland with the new offense and his desire to be a major role player, his ball wasn't backing that up. Losing to Philly is kind of like a kick in the nuts, regardless of how gutted our roster was.

Was late settling down Monday night only seen the second half of the Philly game just watched the beginning that was strange hyping up Dion then pulling him lol
    then we sent out 4 white guys to start.........trouble there .. but no up 13. know i have seen 4 white guys to starting but can't remember when. I'm guessing it was kinda like this a trade etc

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Shumpert and Mozgov was huge... and brilliant. Precisely what the doctor ordered. Love and Kyrie are fantastic... on one side of the court. We needed a rim protector and a 2 who could play defense and we got it.

A lineup of Irving, Shumpert, Lebron, Love, and Mozgov actually makes freaking sense. Smith, Tristan, Delly, Marion, and Miller off the bench? That's pretty fantastic. A legit 10-man rotation, although I think Marion is gonna lose a lot of minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

I see Delly, JR, Miller/Marion and TT coming off the bench once Shump is healthy. Blatt now has flexibility, how will he make it work? That's my biggest worry, will the Slave Driver come around and start working some actual rotations. The roster has some real flexibility now. It's time for Blatt to start getting creative.

We're also packaging two future firsts to pick up Timofey Mozgov from Denver... so says the grapevine.

I'm curious to see how Dion does in OKC, but they have very little talent on the wings so I think he will be a good fit there. I wish him the best, but he was just not fitting here in Cleveland with the new offense and his desire to be a major role player, his ball wasn't backing that up. Losing to Philly is kind of like a kick in the nuts, regardless of how gutted our roster was.
    Ya nailed that one, bro. How many first rounders do we have left for next year? Still 2 left? I heard someone say we may have a hard time keeping Shump and TT....maybe it was you guys hehehe. Anyway..hopefully this breathes some life into them...especially when LBJ comes back. I'm now in agreement with Mad...Blatt sucks lol. I don't think he's going anywhere this year, though....next year??...prolly have to talk to Lebron to find that out....it'll be his decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Default blatt you SUCK

The Slave Driver bit is one stupid thing.
    but last night wtf was he thinking let D12 and those other sob grab all those rebounds in our house ?
    you just can't let guys do that crap unless you are just a loser. you send Haywood out there tell him earn your $$ use the 6 fouls and grab the BALL. Kyrie & Love where kill themselves this is total BS.Thompson did all he could but .......

This is getting to the point i'm going to quit watching these games live, just record them if they win I'll watch if not delete. that worked the past 4 years.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's certainly that we're in tough without our emotional leader, Mr. James.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!