Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shanahan's 32 Points and The Browns Dysfunciton

Post Thanks / Like

TBPP...

Mangini knew zilch about offense and was another in our line of coaches that wanted to win with "hard nosed defense" and a ball control offense. Which is a philosophy I can't get in line with.

Mangini also signed a bunch of aging vets who weren't ever really good.. they were just character guys. Mangini employed a "doghouse" which kept are players that actually had physical ability off the field.

He thought he could out scheme everyone..

He was corny and fake tough..

His descision making was terrible.

He was an asshole to players.

And I'll never forget that article I read that was written by an ex player in our locker room during TC which told the detailed stories on how Mangini was insane.

Add to that a horrible win loss record... and the fact that he was fired by the Jets for all the same reasons. .

Sums up why he was awful and I hated him.

To be honest the only coach I have really liked was chud.. because at least he did what he said..

He said we would be an attacking team on both sides of the ball.. and we ended the year with a bad record but 6-7 pro bowlers because he put our people in a position to play well.. he just needed time

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TBPP...

Mangini knew zilch about offense and was another in our line of coaches that wanted to win with "hard nosed defense" and a ball control offense. Which is a philosophy I can't get in line with.

Mangini also signed a bunch of aging vets who weren't ever really good.. they were just character guys. Mangini employed a "doghouse" which kept are players that actually had physical ability off the field.

And I'll never forget that article I read that was written by an ex player in our locker room during TC which told the detailed stories on how Mangini was insane.

Add to that a horrible win loss record... and the fact that he was fired by the Jets for all the same reasons. .

To be honest the only coach I have really liked was chud.. because at least he did what he said..

He said we would be an attacking team on both sides of the ball.. and we ended the year with a bad record but 6-7 pro bowlers because he put our people in a position to play well.. he just needed time
    We agree here.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    TBPP...

Every time Mangini showed up on ESPN as an analyst I laughed hard. Now ESPN has Banner on a lot! That's why I don't watch ESPN much anymore!

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta love the revisionists smearing their period blood because the media convinced them Mangini was the problem the second he arrived. The fact is withEM still here we have McDaniels calling plays for Andy Dalton throwing to Julio Jones. But yeah, clearly that's bad and he didn't know what he was doing. Thank God we have the bullshit we have now over that because Mangini wouldn't pass the fucking ball 400 times a game and play Madden shoot outs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    Mangini was easily the best coach we have had since the return. But Lerner gave into the witch hunt. This franchise is a joke.
    Didn't care for Mangini, didn't he fine a player around $1,000 for not paying for a bottle of water at a hotel.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh God.

I have already put all of these points to rest years ago. It's not worth repeating myself.

Continue the cycle, please. Carry on.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

lol...how the hell did we end up on a Mangini tangent....
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have a link to that article written by the player on Mangini by the way? I was so embarrassed just reading it.. that it makes a great talking point when this is brought up

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    Oh God.

I have already put all of these points to rest years ago. It's not worth repeating myself.

Continue the cycle, please. Carry on.
    Oh, come on Gabe, it was just getting interesting.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz