Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan's 32 Points and The Browns Dysfunciton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope pettine gets his third year. He may have the team he wants and he can actually figure out how to be a headcoach. Players playing with same system and coaching for multiple years helps them figure out how to make plays.

Manziel will get his year. Pettine gets a year after manziel if he don't workout. So,manziel and Hoyer won't be reason he fired. He will be given chance to fix it. If he can't we need someone who can.
    Most of this sounds good for now. I just think the team has a much longer window identified (e.g. five years out).

Pettine wasn't perfect year one, but I doubt he makes the same mistakes twice. Good news is that there's some seniority established for the new coaches to lean on. Let's see if above .500 is feasible with the upcoming schedule, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking back and seeing where we are now....

What is the mission of our FO? It seems there is no clear goal or direction... just empty feeling press conferences and it seems lacking somehow...
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Personally..

and once again, this is just me.

A Tom Heckert/Rob Chudzinski marriage wouldve made me so happy if we stuck with that route.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we fired both Chud and Mangini prematurely.

Mangini dismantled Bellicheck in the year he was fired with Peyton freakin' Hillis as the feature back.

I guess Pett's signature win was at Cinci on Thursday night, 2014. Kind of weak.

I'm not sure how heads don't roll when the most recent 16 games post a 3-13 record with no signs of improvement.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Upcoming: O&B Scrimmage 8/4, Preseason 8/10

Post Thanks / Like

Mangini was easily the best coach we have had since the return. But Lerner gave into the witch hunt. This franchise is a joke.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    Personally..

and once again, this is just me.

A Tom Heckert/Rob Chudzinski marriage wouldve made me so happy if we stuck with that route.
    Possible. We'd be much further ahead today I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    Mangini was easily the best coach we have had since the return. But Lerner gave into the witch hunt. This franchise is a joke.
    Mangini was a better coach than Pettine, but I wasn't a fan. Like Pettine and Crennel, he was a defensive guy who didn't understand offense.

Post Thanks / Like

Mangini was just as stuck in playing veterans over rookies and putting players in his personal dog house as Pettine allegedly is... I see many comparisons in the way Pettine and Mangini coached the team, the only difference is that the players (those who didn't compare him to a slave driver) came to ball for Mangini, and the team seems to be going the other direction under Pettine. Plus Mangini couldn't settle on a QB, even though he had a shit sandwich and a giant turd to chose from.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    Looking back and seeing where we are now....

What is the mission of our FO? It seems there is no clear goal or direction... just empty feeling press conferences and it seems lacking somehow...
    That's how I feel every time I feel when I hear Haslam talk. Like a Snake Oil peddler...

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    . Like a Snake Oil peddler...
    Well , the buffoon does pedal petro products (Gas,Oil)
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    Well , the buffoon does pedal petro products (Gas,Oil)
    So, you are saying Haslam generates gas ... LOL! He generates gastrointestinal gas among the fans who have to watch his team!

Post Thanks / Like

Mangini was just as stuck in playing veterans over rookies and putting players in his personal dog house as Pettine allegedly is... I see many comparisons in the way Pettine and Mangini coached the team, the only difference is that the players (those who didn't compare him to a slave driver) came to ball for Mangini, and the team seems to be going the other direction under Pettine. Plus Mangini couldn't settle on a QB, even though he had a shit sandwich and a giant turd to chose from.

There is definitely a lot of misremembering and revisionism when it comes to the Eric Mangini era. To be fair with it you have to judge him in two parts. The first part is pre- Holmgren. Did he play vets? Yeah, not like he had a choice. The whole roster was old overpaid vets. He did place young guys in there strategicly and surrounded them with vets who knew his system to teach them. Unlike the idiots before and after him he was trying to build things the right way and trying to evaluate the pile of shit he inherited. He also was finally smart enough to play for draft position, which was another reason he had guys sitting for.their rookie seasons. He even alluded to as much when he talked about trying to use the draft as PRI e real estate ala Jimmy Johnson and Belicheat.

Now for the second part: Mangini was promised 5 years and was building accordingly. He was given what was it, 7 games before Mike Fatass was brought in? Everything from that point on you need to hang on Holmgrens head. He gave Mangini garbage at the QB position, a bunch of old stop gap players and a bunch of players to fit the 4-3 defense. He was a dead duck handed shit and trying to win. Thank Holmgren.

As to the rest, word during the draft was Mangini wanted Nate Allen and Heckert drafted Roy Williams, I mean TJ Ward. Manginis 5 year plan was build the OL, the Defense and the run game THEN add the superstars. Had the plan been allowed to work out that would have put us adding those guys in year 3 and 4. Via ESPN who was Mangini high as fuck on in the draft? Andy Dalton, AJ Green and Julio Jones. Let that sink in on the Mangini hate. Had Lerner not caved in we would right now have Andy Dalton throwing to AJ Green or Julio Jones. What did Heckert give us again? Yeah....

The bottom line is we would look like a mix of the Bengals and Pats right now with one of the best QB's in the NafL if not for the lynch mob and Dogbreath Mike and his buddies scaring Lerner into running off the guy who was setting up the draft so we could build a system and longterm winner
    I am still bitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    It's way to early to say how good or bad Farmer is doing. Don't overreact over one draft. I think his draft was ok...not great, but made some positive additions.
    I completely disagree with that. Farmer had 4 first rd draft picks, and only one is starting. And Shelton is not playing at a high level.
    Don't forget his failure to draft a viable receiver and his signing of Dwayne Bowe. The team has not improved at all since he's been the GM.

Post Thanks / Like

KoK you know I was and have remained to this day anti-Mangini. Dude was a bum. Drama aside, he had the team playing hard for him. That's about it. Holmgren wasted a season keeping him around. Replaced him with an even worse coach...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't stand mangini. He had the team playing harder.. but he was more stubborn than pettine.

If mangini were our coach johnny still wouldn't have seen an nfl snap yet

Post Thanks / Like

Mangini was an asshole who alienated players.. And fandom alike...
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

KoK you know I was and have remained to this day anti-Mangini. Dude was a bum. Drama aside, he had the team playing hard for him. That's about it. Holmgren wasted a season keeping him around. Replaced him with an even worse coach...
    A bum who rebuilt the Jets and won with the Jets and had an actual step by step plan to rebuild the Browns. Eric Mangini was and is far far from a bum. He knows football and was easily the best coach we have had since Marty. Hell he had Savages AND Holmgrens shitty rosters playing close games and close to winning with a tiny bit more talent. I really don't get the continual hate and witch hunt.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't stand mangini. He had the team playing harder.. but he was more stubborn than pettine.

If mangini were our coach johnny still wouldn't have seen an nfl snap yet
    If Mangini were here Andy Dalton is a Brown and cancers like Gordon and Manziel aren't Browns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    If Mangini were here Andy Dalton is a Brown and cancers like Gordon and Manziel aren't Browns.
    You're right..

We would have guys like Mohammed Massoquoi and David Veikune...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh PGL, get that weak shit outta here. We all know the truth about that draft.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

You're right..

We would have guys like Mohammed Massoquoi and David Veikune...
    I remember how I yelled at the TV "no" when they took MoMass, who I saw play every game at Georgia and thought was just a mediocre 5th round pick type receiver.

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, its a shame our GM was shirking his duties, had an alcohol problem, and was banging the secretary. Luckily Mangini was able to think on his feet and land us an all-pro player.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    I think we fired both Chud and Mangini prematurely.

Mangini dismantled Bellicheck in the year he was fired with Peyton freakin' Hillis as the feature back.

I guess Pett's signature win was at Cinci on Thursday night, 2014. Kind of weak.

I'm not sure how heads don't roll when the most recent 16 games post a 3-13 record with no signs of improvement.
    That could be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by King of Kings View Post
    A bum who rebuilt the Jets and won with the Jets and had an actual step by step plan to rebuild the Browns. Eric Mangini was and is far far from a bum. He knows football and was easily the best coach we have had since Marty. Hell he had Savages AND Holmgrens shitty rosters playing close games and close to winning with a tiny bit more talent. I really don't get the continual hate and witch hunt.
    Except he was a conservative idiot.. just like Marty.. they both stunk..And Pettine is the same kind of conservative, asshole idiot with a nicer personality.
    Last edited by nickers; 11-13-2015 at 10:17 AM.

OFFENSE!!!!!