Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blatt

Post Thanks / Like

Default David Blatt

63 games still no idea what goes on in his mind. seem to be reacting match up wise instead of making the other side doing the reacting. ladt night he should have put Perk in to do some pay back. will he just let them man handle LBJ and others as the games get tougher from now on ?

Our best players imo are the Big 3 TT & Timo have yet to see this line up on the court. some might say that would plug the middle, but you roll the 2 bigs switch and block out when you want to drive from the outside. see 80s Celtics it also works for rebounding. let the opposition find match ups for those guys......... good sexing luck.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Well I think that Blatt has a pass for this season but the biggest concerns are this:

- When two, or even just one of the big three (especially LeBron), are not in the lineup the team falls off the rails.
    - I feel like he's trying to get a right balance of minutes but is struggling to encorporate all the new pieces (Perk the new Haywood? :P)
    - The roster is tight. The coach plays a big part in that. He's got these guys playing for him and the chemistry of this team is exploding right now.

With your proposed lineup, how would you organize that? Lebron at Point, Kyrie, TT, Love, Mozgod? I don't know. The reason I don't see him rolling with that in a lineup is he doesn't seem to get too crazy with his rotations and seems to like to keep either LeBron or Kyrie on the floor at all times (which is why they randomly have games w/ very high minutes).

It's not happening as often lately, maybe Blatt's starting to figure it out.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are our 5 best players ? no ?

For me it's not who starts but who finishes. the biggest weakness and change would be Love @ the 3(sf). that can change on the D side having TT guard on the outside per match up. if Love is on the outside on D tell to stay grounded real hand in the face. he will get beat on drives like most do but then they face Timo (Maserati) & TT on their way.... like my odds there.

Then look at what the opposition must put up with on their D

The Griz has their 2 bigs together causing trouble every night.

If you figure out where Davids head is let me know. lol
    I doubt we will see this line up this year but did not think The Champ would be playing big minutes too.

Post Thanks / Like

Last nite he had LBJ & Kyrie out at 4:31 of the first qtr trailing 19-18
    LBJ back @ 2:51 we lead 23-21

He took advantage of their lack of size playing TT & Timo LBJ, Delly, Shum.
    yes i was waiting for Kyrie to come back and have 4 of my 5 out there but LBJ went out. Delly & them were playing so well Kyrie got his longest set down in the first half i've seen yet. Delly in for 14:51 straight.

9 points in the 4th qtr a rough watch. after 2 points in 4 + minutes David put ALL the starters back(-Timo) in they couldn't score much.

Bobby Dandridge had his No. 10 jersey retired, Big O there... yes i remember those guys. back in those days you watched games on a radio mostly and the box scores of the news paper. now I watch more games in less than 2 weeks than were on all season. am radio stations were very powerful back then(<60s 70s) New York, St Louis,Detroit.Chicago, even Florida some nights from C-town.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking the reason Kyrie's minutes are down is to take it easy on him with his injuries. That's the logic to me anyway. Delly didn't play too bad either, +2, 7pts. Solid defense.

All in all we controlled the entire game, and should have, as we're the better team. Blatt isn't trying anything risky right now. He's starting to find a balance and I don't think he wants to fuck with that too much.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Default ?????

Well who's team is it ? who's calling the shots ?
    it's LBJ Ladies & Gentlemen
    David sent in Timo in to block out Duncan with Leonard at the free throw line 3 seconds left in the 4th,
    The King over ruled that call............ told Maserati get to the other side buddy.

With .11 left in OT David was trying to talk to LBJ he held up his hands like yea yea and walked away.

Anyone who thought anything changed the past 2 months think again.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm intrigued by Blatt... guy clearly knows basketball, but he seems to approach things like he is one of the guys... the huddle like he is one of the guys. So LeBron's taken over leadership & won't answer to Blatt. That can work as long as LeBron stays relatively true. LeBron may tire of being such the leader and seek greener pastures again eventually... Especially if he can bring a championship to CLE before then.

I like Blatt. But it bothers me that he's never worked in more offense around Kyrie and KLove... so they can kill it while LeBron actually rests. Then whenever we finally do get that decent back-up PG, both LBJ AND Kyrie could rest while Love and the 2nd team kill it against most teams. Next year, CLE's 2nd Team would take most NBA teams. That kind of production from the 2nd rotation will prolong LBJ's career!! Love should be groomed to kill it vs. lesser opponents while LBJ & Kyrie play 30 mins or less.
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 03-13-2015 at 06:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blatt: Cavs Must Finish In Second Place

WTF.......
    this fellow needs to learn more Clichés
    this and Kevin Love is not a max player....please stop.. you look like a guy with No NBA experience lol

Post Thanks / Like

What happened? Lol

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Have heard from Austin Carr,(last nite) Bruce Drennan(maybe others) saying these players(Miller. Matrix,Jones,Perkins) will be .. BIG.used come playoff time. I say zebras have stripes and they don't change. most of the year he played 8 guys Delly, TT,Shump. can't remember a coach going 8 guys so much in the regular season. not so long to wait now.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree. I'll be surprised to see 9 players get solid minutes (like what, 12-15?) come playoffs.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder what a Slave Drivers practice is like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder what a Slave Drivers practice is like
    It better be adding more half court sets, after last nights close call. we made them look like a 40+ win team. our D was good. but the O looked Mike Brownish from 2009. yep

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I am really underwhelmed with is the diversity of his offense... Say what you will about the D, and the rotations, and the minutes in general. I really find the offense is kind of boring to watch unless someone (LeBron, Kyrie, JR, etc...) is going HAM and putting up numbers.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get a night off Mr Slave Driver ?
    no you go to work.... but it's the nets ?

In Russia it's 7 days a week ..he barked

Post Thanks / Like

Great job rook

Post Thanks / Like

How we looking tonight with minutes and what not? Typical?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Typical
    i'm pissed what a hole lol

Post Thanks / Like

Still simmering
    woulda/shoulda gave LBJ the night off but no 38 min Kyrie 38 min
    what good is finishing second if these guys are not WELL Rested for the playoffs ?

Post Thanks / Like

Blatt is scared of his bench, don't blame him.

That won't help us come the post-season

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Even more reason to rest guys now imo

Post Thanks / Like

What happen to Timo ? only 17 min he was a+ 8
    i know David reacted to them going small... always with the dam reacting BS ..wait till he's a -8 then ?? react

Post Thanks / Like

Perkins - 5min
    Delly - 9min
    Jones- 10min

No surprise he's taken a liking and given minutes to Shump, as he's a responsible defender and not obsolete on offense but something's got to give. We have the least productive bench in the NBA, but we probably average the least bench minutes per game as well. I'd like to see the figures on that.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Philly.... rest for any ?
    heat & bulls next 2 games

Minutes Per Game Leaders
    http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/minutes

Kyrie 2nd
    LBJ 4th
    Love tied for 26th
    only the clips have 3 in the top 26
    Last edited by madmadworld; 03-29-2015 at 06:38 AM.