Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blatt

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was LeBron coachable? Again no story there

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really, because that would mean every coach Lebron has ever had, including the one who coached the championship teams in Miami, would have needed to go.

The second someone tried to gain more control over that team, in the form of Pat Riley ...guess what, Lebron bolted. Pick your poison. Blatt is fine imho.

People often ask me, “Was LeBron coachable? My answer is a resounding “Yes!
    He was coachable right from the beginning. But once we developed that communication and trust with one another, once we formed a bond.
    he was beyond coachable he was incredible.

Mike Krzyzewski
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Good stuff good stuff.

I heard the BS report podcast where Windy was interviewed by Bill Simmons. I thought Windy was a bit grandiose about it (not the facts...just the delivery) but nothing crazy. I heard Windy on Bruce Hooley today and he seemed to backpedal just a tad on it imo but again, nothing crazy.

Pretty much nothing to see here. I agree that LBJ can be a pain in the ass..he pushed back against Spo from what I understand. Good quote about coach K too but he has some damn good street cred. Blatt is prolly just a dude in LBJ's eyes. But whatever. Blatt's not going anywhere this season and they need to gel and rest the hell up for this push. The serious shit is ahead.

Go Cavs Baby!

edit: btw...when I say BS Report I mean the espn podcast...."The BS Report"...that's the name of the podcast. That looked funky after i reread it and thought a long drawn out boring ass clarification of what I actually meant may be in order so as to avoid any confusion as to what I actually meant even though I figure you most likely would have known what I meant originally without this long ass boring and exceptionally drawn out qualification...=D
    Last edited by Ezrahauden; 04-02-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slave Driver says

Best after 3 rd qtr question Aldridge asking David about giving his players rest up 19
    a annoyed Slave Driver says this ain't over ...
    Fact checker 91-72 heats biggest qtr scored 27 in 1st guessing NBA avg 26. so lets make it 30 so their max is 102. @ 6:00 mark 102-78 pull your starters.... they only scored 7 points in 6:00
    this has been a pattern all year. LBJ pulled himself @ 4:29 lol

What a clown move if someone gets hurt.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 04-03-2015 at 07:28 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    Good stuff good stuff.

I heard the BS report podcast where Windy was interviewed by Bill Simmons. I thought Windy was a bit grandiose about it (not the facts...just the delivery) but nothing crazy. I heard Windy on Bruce Hooley today and he seemed to backpedal just a tad on it imo but again, nothing crazy.

Pretty much nothing to see here. I agree that LBJ can be a pain in the ass..he pushed back against Spo from what I understand. Good quote about coach K too but he has some damn good street cred. Blatt is prolly just a dude in LBJ's eyes. But whatever. Blatt's not going anywhere this season and they need to gel and rest the hell up for this push. The serious shit is ahead.

Go Cavs Baby!

edit: btw...when I say BS Report I mean the espn podcast...."The BS Report"...that's the name of the podcast. That looked funky after i reread it and thought a long drawn out boring ass clarification of what I actually meant may be in order so as to avoid any confusion as to what I actually meant even though I figure you most likely would have known what I meant originally without this long ass boring and exceptionally drawn out qualification...=D
    Brilliant!

"The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    What a clown move if someone gets hurt.
    Huh. During the press conference Blatt suggested Lebron went to the scorers table himself because he wanted to go back out there, and Blatt wouldn't let him.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Huh. During the press conference Blatt suggested Lebron went to the scorers table himself because he wanted to go back out there, and Blatt wouldn't let him.
    Did you watch the game ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yah. Apparently the disrespect Lebron is showing his coach is at an all time high. Blatt repeatedly told Lebron to sit down and he flat out said "no". Let's hope the rest of the team doesnt follow his royal highness in the way they go about listening to their coach.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno Gabe, I think the high point was when LeBron moved Blatt out of the huddle around Dec/Jan. Let's be honest. He's been CLEAR, he doesn't want so many minutes, yet he's among the top in the league in minutes per game. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where the frustration is based. These guys are getting worn out because of the slave driver, LeBron may be the only one with the pull to really say anything.

And we all know LeBron is going to do what LeBron is going to do anyway, so there's no sense in trying to make LeBron out to be what we all already know he is.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how you can say that. If you don't want minutes, you are blowing out a team, and the coach repeatedly tries to sit you and you flat out tell him no ...doesn't seem to me the coach is the problem.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Did not see David post game.

What i seen in game was LBJ foul a guy... go toward the bench and sent back @ about 5:00 min mark, he scored then fouled again and left. both fouls were not your normal type, you see from him.

Seen Pat Riley looking at our bench around 8 min mark... with a wtf look on his face.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know how you can say that. If you don't want minutes, you are blowing out a team, and the coach repeatedly tries to sit you and you flat out tell him no ...doesn't seem to me the coach is the problem.
    How I can say that it's obvious LeBron has no respect for the coach and it's been pretty obvious all season? That was my point... I could have worded it better.

Mabe LeBron 'had a mission' vs the Heat... lol

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Oops. lol Excuse my density.

Yah, name me a coach on this planet that the great LBJ respects that isn't hard to spell and doesn't start with a 'K'. Not sure he exists.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Default What i seen ?

lying eyes ?

Post Thanks / Like

If they do at some point ditch Blatt, and I don't believe that for a second...at least not anytime soon, I wonder if Lebron would player-coach. I've heard the topic kicked around..pure speculation and I don't think Lebron has the temperament or the desire. That's some Russell and Wilkens rarefied air....but LBJ lives at high altitude already.

Post Thanks / Like

What am I watching for, mmw?

That foul looked pretty deliberate to me lol. LeBron looked pissed off. Wonder what someone said to him to make him angry.

Bronnie needs his bankie!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

See him foul and walk to near the end of the bench... then he hears .. someone say something he turns to his left.... it looked like he is going to set down before that voice.
    when players go that far to the bench... they stay there mostly ?

note when he does leave for good................ how he just ignores David.
    just saying

About a min earlier he was at the free throw line breathing really heavy, then too when he got to sit down.
    Kyrie was still out there too lol

Post Thanks / Like

Not seeing what you saw. LBJ was clearly pissed at white dude. Which is probably why he refused to sit and blatantly disrespected his coach because he wanted to hack that poor little white dude and assert his dominance.

Just the King admonishing the peasants beneath him. Nothing to see here. lol

It's ok, heard many stories of MJ being a total prick too. It is what it is.
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 04-04-2015 at 11:22 AM.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

That's funny seen it live the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Wait till the playoffs start and LBJ gets serious............ this could get ugly

Post Thanks / Like

Not seeing what you saw. .
    Let me make this as simple as i can.

When a player commits a foul and is planing on staying in the game... he goes to the other end of the court to play defense, he does not go to the bench.
    does this help ?

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he didnt go to the bench until there was a time out and he went and sat by himself and stewed. I would have to watch it again, but still didnt see Blatt force him to play when he wanted to sit. I mean listen to the press conference. It's discussed.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

MVP this season is a mess. Joker folks stewin' over Curry or James Harden. This will be like the year they awarded Karl Malone because Jordan had already won multiples. Curry for MVP is a bit of a joke by the numbers. Westbrook may not make the playoffs. Folks don't like that LeBron didn't really turn it on till 2015, and is only doing as much as he really needs to during the regular season.

MVP is a joke award at times... this is one of those times. Wait till a round or two of the playoffs are played, at least. If Westbrook's Thunder down Steph's historically good GS team- he's legit. GS is silly good outside of Curry...he doesn't carry the team like Durant did. It should come down to LeBron, Harden & Westbrook --- which spurs their team farther in the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree, the MVP should be decided at the end of the season, but then why do you need an NBA Finals MVP?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

To me, if you're not going to take the playoffs into account at all, and it's just "who was the most valuable player in the regular season"....
    that significantly cheapens the award!

The simple question to determine "most valuable" is:
    Which team tumbles the furthest in the standings without their MVP candidate?

While that's not often easy to determine, it's a simple question.
    For instance:
    Where would the Cavs be in the standing without James' poise over the team with "stars" who've never made the playoffs?
    James's presence ties the team nicely together... they play loose yet disciplined. It's not a stretch to say that without LeBron, even the sum of the parts do NOT add up to what we see, minus LeBron. His effect is greater over a team. That said, this is one of his weakest regular seasons, statistically as an individual... but it's beautiful that he's played it that way --- including others in this ultimate team-building affair!

Guys like Harden & Westbrook have played the season to win an award; LeBron has played it in a way to win The Ultimate Prize.