Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: David Blatt

Post Thanks / Like

Charles Barkley said......send Blatt back to Russia lol
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Very questionable
    Is he a spy from somewhere ? trying to undermine our efforts ? stay tuned...
    Last edited by madmadworld; 05-11-2015 at 01:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Please anyone tell me of another end of playoff game Fiasco like what we witnessed Sunday by a head coach ?
    just the calling of a timeout that was not available and that whatever it was trouble of inbounding of the ball @ 21 seconds.

Why James Jones inbounding the ball under pressure ?
    has he done that this year ?

Looking over the first attempt when JR receives the ball, they had only one pick by LBJ and it did little for Kyrie going to the ball, he has Butler in his face denying that. he would have been open across the court around where he started. no interaction/picks by JR or Delly. poorly executed or designed.
    JR calls a timeout, as he was pushed down to the court. no foul

The second attempt another timeout.

The third attempt LBJ and Kyrie switch spots left to right, LBJ move to midcourt receives the ball, double team comes he's called for a foul, with rose gabbing his armpit. yuk here there are no picks set.

Looking this over many times it was a epic fail inbounding the ball at this level should never be this hard.
    You have picks and crosses. how did this happen ? bad coaching due to lack of preparation.
    this was bound to come up in playoff games as they tend to be close games.

Coaches earn their $$ in playoff games. no check this week David lol

ps
    for TBPP
    i did start coming down on David till game 4. lol
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/sh...477#post312477

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fighter Pilot

LeBron overcoming the incompetence of David Blatt is one of the great playoff victories

Blatt may very well get a ring at seasonís end. He will also almost certainly be fired. Itís absurd to say, but the Cavaliers are winning in spite of Blatt. Itís the truth, which only makes LeBronís performance even more impressive.
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/lebr...ng-crazy-pills

Post Thanks / Like

Deadspin had coverage too... Though I have to agree with Blatt that it's being dramatized (Media loves this shit. Look at all the hits)

http://deadspin.com/david-blatt-comp...eps-1703668913
    BROWNS 2017: BREAK OUT THE BBQ, WE'RE GRILLING RATBIRD THIS WEEK!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't see Blatt getting fired... Even though he's done more than say, Monty Williams to coach his way out of a job. More than Dwayne Casey who I've grown tired of...

It's one of those things. I'll be saying "you were right" if it happens. You've been staying it will all year.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

LeBron overcoming the incompetence of David Blatt is one of the great playoff victories

Blatt may very well get a ring at season’s end. He will also almost certainly be fired. It’s absurd to say, but the Cavaliers are winning in spite of Blatt. It’s the truth, which only makes LeBron’s performance even more impressive.
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/lebr...ng-crazy-pills
    Awesome pic. Maverick, eh?

Just getting this job, he "went to the danger zone". And now he's...."lost that lovin feeling". Talk to me goose!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    I still don't see Blatt getting fired... Even though he's done more than say, Monty Williams to coach his way out of a job. More than Dwayne Casey who I've grown tired of...

It's one of those things. I'll be saying "you were right" if it happens. You've been staying it will all year.
    Actually I worry it won't happen. should have happened in July or at Xmas time at the latest.

So may things took place from the end of last season... Brown fired ...why ? he was the same guy.. never arrested... took them from 24 to 33 wins... team was learning to play D
    Did they think/know LBJ was coming back ? if so why hire a new guy to the NBA ?

Luol Deng - was to stay..... lost assets... would have thought negotiations would have started July 1 in the ďJuly MoratoriumĒ , ten days before The Letter on 7/11? free agent players were on their own on July 8th.
    Other non moves on the roster too.

Will all the facts ever come out ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default My Dream for Cleveland

Dan Gilbert works out a deal with the Dolan family he buys the Tribe and gets Phil Jackson somehow.
    that will never happen.

other news
    If they want John Calipari they better call him NOW/yesterday. the K's are freaking out offering a Bank full, then there's the Pelicans .. that are fanning the Flame$.
    http://www.si.com/college-basketball...ract-extension
    Last edited by madmadworld; 05-13-2015 at 05:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is with Blatt, he has shown the ability to work with the 'big ego' NBA players. A lot of professional coaches with NBA experience struggle with this. How many would overrule their star, be wrong, and then have egg on their face? At least David has that, he's managed a roster with guys like LBJ, JR, etc, we had a little locker room drama earlier in the year but given the rough start, it's to be expected.

I see the trajectory similar to Dwayne Casey in a lot of ways. He's not very imaginative but he gets through to the players/seems to know when to let them ball. However, that will run out of gas eventually. Winning = Job security, even if the winning is due to having two of the most dynamic ballers in the association (LBJ/Kyrie) and a wealth of talent around them (Team is so MUCH better w/ the additions we made).

I just don't know how Monty Williams gets fired and Casey doesn't... but that's just me. I never like to see a guy get fired from his job but Dwayne Casey had the Raptors fall from hottest team in the East to start the year all the way to the car stalling on the side of the road because its out of gas during the Playoffs.

Blatt, say what you will, he's just not as advertised, but he is smart enough not to be a dictator. I want to say he will grow in a sophomore season but tough to say, what will the team even look like next year? With a need to resign Shump and TT, I think we will lose some key pieces, will we sign replacements? Getting ahead of myself sure.

I think in the end, Blatt's biggest problem is that he feels the need to defend himself to the media. That's just the mark of inexperience, dude should watch tapes of Popovich interviews. Don't give the sharks any blood to swim toward.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is with Blatt, he has shown the ability to work with the 'big ego' NBA players. A lot of professional coaches with NBA experience struggle with this. How many would overrule their star, be wrong, and then have egg on their face? At least David has that, he's managed a roster with guys like LBJ, JR, etc, we had a little locker room drama earlier in the year but given the rough start, it's to be expected.

I see the trajectory similar to Dwayne Casey in a lot of ways. He's not very imaginative but he gets through to the players/seems to know when to let them ball. However, that will run out of gas eventually. Winning = Job security, even if the winning is due to having two of the most dynamic ballers in the association (LBJ/Kyrie) and a wealth of talent around them (Team is so MUCH better w/ the additions we made).

I just don't know how Monty Williams gets fired and Casey doesn't... but that's just me. I never like to see a guy get fired from his job but Dwayne Casey had the Raptors fall from hottest team in the East to start the year all the way to the car stalling on the side of the road because its out of gas during the Playoffs.

Blatt, say what you will, he's just not as advertised, but he is smart enough not to be a dictator. I want to say he will grow in a sophomore season but tough to say, what will the team even look like next year? With a need to resign Shump and TT, I think we will lose some key pieces, will we sign replacements? Getting ahead of myself sure.

I think in the end, Blatt's biggest problem is that he feels the need to defend himself to the media. That's just the mark of inexperience, dude should watch tapes of Popovich interviews. Don't give the sharks any blood to swim toward.

Does no one remember how much friction there was with LBJ and Spoelstra in the beginning? + the inexperience, I don't think he's doing that bad. The timeout was bumbling, but in the heat of the moment, I understand. Chris Webber hated seeing that happen the most because it cost him, but it didn't cost the cavs, and it allows the world to remember who is commentating the game. +0 to Blatt imo. He's trying hard to keep his stars aligned. Losing love makes his job even harder. +1 to Blatt.

"Typical "smartest man in the room" syndrome." - Pot, meet kettle.

Post Thanks / Like

Really don't care about the lost years with the heat. but since...............
    Spoe had 10 years in the NBA and 2 years (in the playoffs) as head coach with Wade under his belt before LBJ arrived (90-74)and surely Wade briefed him so he knew what to expect. and most of it was not that big a deal ......ever.

How understanding would fans be if his "bumbling" took us out of the playoffs or cost us a title ?

KLove the player he said"is not a max player" the guy he benched in the 4th qtr ?
    is this All-Star top 25 player want to stay with him ?

David's plus/minus is..... - a lot. far out scoring ANY pluses.

Post Thanks / Like

Blatt is far ahead in the + category. Not sure I have ever seen a team so full of egos so completely buy into a first year head coach. Don't make me go dig up the multiple quotes from our star players over the course of the season absolutely loving on Blatt. Also, never have I seen king ego himself LBJ, come to a coaches defense like he has Blatt. (granted while throwing him under the bus in the previous breath, but it's still an improvement)

Blatt will end up being our longest tenured HC ever, unless he calls it quits and goes back over sea's imo.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

+1 TBPP. Blatt has done a great job this year, and I think will continue to do so. IMO he was faced with the toughest job in the NBA at the beginning of the year. All the ego's, speculation of his experience and transitioning his coaching style to succeed in the NBA and what I think the toughest task he has is coaching the "best team on paper". In this world of social media every loss and setback is amplified. I think he's done a great job at getting this roster to buy into the fact that it is just as important to be a follower as it is a leader on a team and that both roles combined forms leadership. That their talent alone will not win, its been a collective effort from every one of them. He's proven that he can balance and juggle these ego's while finding a way to win. He'll get better with time, especially if we can keep the group of guys we have together. I think TT and Iman want rings, and I believe will be back to get a few. Same with Love.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is what has happened to this team. LBJ came Home.

Could just end this post with that. he is the engine of ALL you have seen i mean ALL. without him David would have been sent back to Israel by now. or at the least looking for a assistant coaching job where he could learn the NBA.

After 30 games LBJ was physically and mentally wore out. 8 games he gave David, Griffin and Dion time to figure it out. David doing his thing went 1-7 what a coaching job that was lest you forget.
    does anyone think during these 18 days the deals made were just a coincidence ? dream on.

LBJ came back took the players under his wings they bought in. no one since Bill Russell 67-69 has a player/coach had more on his plate. this is plain as day.
    If you don't see it .......your just hating on The King.

Post Thanks / Like

Default David Blatt as

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    Here is what has happened to this team. LBJ came Home.

Could just end this post with that. he is the engine of ALL you have seen i mean ALL. without him David would have been sent back to Israel by now. or at the least looking for a assistant coaching job where he could learn the NBA.

After 30 games LBJ was physically and mentally wore out. 8 games he gave David, Griffin and Dion time to figure it out. David doing his thing went 1-7 what a coaching job that was lest you forget.
    does anyone think during these 18 days the deals made were just a coincidence ? dream on.

LBJ came back took the players under his wings they bought in. no one since Bill Russell 67-69 has a player/coach had more on his plate. this is plain as day.
    If you don't see it .......your just hating on The King.

Sorry Mad, guess I have to agree to disagree with you on this one. You are right, Lebron did come home, Kevin Love came, Kyrie stayed, Jr came, so did Iman. Last night, no K Love, No Kyrie after 1st. Iman, TT and Delly closed the series out for us last night IMO. All arguably bench/role players. 6,7, and 8. Maybe all these bench players playing into Blatt's system? We are in the Eastern Conference finals, I don't understand what you want, undefeated? No losses? Should we have won by 40 last night? This team will only get better in the next couple years under Blatt? After all, he is a rookie to this league. Lebron knew and has been quoted that it would take time for them all to be in synch and be where they need to be. What does Lebron have on his plate? He's the best player in the world.....Could play anywhere he wants, yet he chose to come home and play for David. He is great and I believe he is this years MVP, carries Miami, leaves and they become irrelevant and takes the freaking CAVS to the Eastern Conference championship. He is expected to perform and win, which he will do at all cost, including trumping your coach in certain situations IE inbounds play to win a pivotal playoff game. As for the 1-8 stint before the moves were made, as a coach, I can tell you that its pretty hard to make chicken salad out of chicken shit, which is why the moves were made man. Go Cavs, go Blatt. Ima sit back and enjoy them and my chicken salad.

Post Thanks / Like

I will not eat chicken salad, tuna salad, ham salad, egg salad. really picky about salad. lol

edit
    will eat the Wife's tuna salad.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 05-15-2015 at 09:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Salads are never a good metaphor, especially tossed...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Salads are never a good metaphor, especially tossed...
    Lol. Sorry Mad and EE. A wise man told me that chicken salad saying during my first year of coaching. Just stuck with me. Also had a disgruntled parent tell me that same year that "I didn't know shit from shinola." My respone was "you are correct sir, WTF is shinola".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    Lol. Sorry Mad and EE. A wise man told me that chicken salad saying during my first year of coaching. Just stuck with me. Also had a disgruntled parent tell me that same year that "I didn't know shit from shinola." My respone was "you are correct sir, WTF is shinola".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinola

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    Nothing to apologize for FK, I was just being a smart ass when the opportunity presented itself.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown