Thread: VS Atlanta Gameday thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Default VS Atlanta Gameday thread.

The Raptors were a big game but Atlanta is an even bigger test tonight.

The two games these teams have played previously were both blowouts, one for each side, with the most recent taken by Cleveland. The Hawks have lost like maybe a few games since that defeat though. They've already secured a playoff spot.

The biggest thing to me will be integrating our bigs to stop their frontcourt. IMO I expect a rough game for TT as he is not a physical defender, if he's matched up against Millsap coming off the bench it might get ugly but I expect a good fight for rebounds. I also question Love's toughness to defend Millsap. Mozgov has been impressive but it's going to be a long night if we expect him to bang with both Horford AND Millsap. Watch for him to flirt with foul trouble tonight.

IMO our standout players (Kyrie, LeBron, Love, even JR) are capable of taking a game over and scoring a ton of points. The Hawks biggest weakness, IMO, is they don't have a volume scorer really... Horford and Teague (The Mike Conley of the East) both have PER of 21+ right now. Insane. (I think 15 is "NBA Average")

I predict a win for the good guys, and we climb to within 10 games of first place.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree. Cavs win.

I think Blatt is still tinkering a bit but listening to the players lather him with praise and effusive slobbering over their chemistry with him yesterday I think we will peak right as we enter the playoffs.

This will be a great test for us as we continue to battle for second place.

Championship incoming.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Not looking good after one q of play.

Atlanta really shares the ball well.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh I am missing it hopefully be able to catch the second half.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Their bench killed us
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Atlanta has one of the best bench in the NBA.

Clevelands Bench: 27 pts, -35 +/-
    Atlanta's Bench: 37 pts, +15 +/-

That 10 points is pretty much the difference so yeah their bench did well. In particular I'm really impressed with Bazemore. Dude came out of nowhere it seems.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Delly -11... I swear he's always a negative in the box score, and he's -.05 for the year. A PER of 7.2

To be clear, that's LESS than HALF of the league average (15)

I have to say, he's scrappy but he's not a very effective PG...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Sad they did not give Nate Robinson a shot..... for what we need 10-12 minutes
    when he's hot.... we know he can fill it up in a hurry

Yet we are in year 1 of rebuild.........did I say that ?
    bench must be better next year

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone kick the tires on Nate Robinson?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone kick the tires on Nate Robinson?

No one took the bait. he wanted to play from all i heard, unlike the guy with 2 first names Ray Allen.

Post Thanks / Like

Speak of the devil Clippers signed nate to a 10-day today...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!