Thread: Vs Grizzlies Gameday Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vs Grizzlies Gameday Thread

Conflict of interest tonight boys, so I'm just going to (hopefully) enjoy a good baskeball game. Should be easier than trying to simultaneously cheer for two Hockey teams. I'm a bit more picky about that haha.

Cavs have won 27 of 33 since Mid-January and beat Memphis in their previous encounter this season, 105-91.

Should be interesting to watch the matchups tonight. Will he have Allen try to guard LeBron? Could see Jeff Green or even Courtney Lee guarding him as well. I expect Joerger will have some aggressive defensive match-ups. Kyrie vs Conley will be another match-up I am very interested in seeing how it plays out. Z-Bo not typically a great perimiter defender, wonder how much they will try to get Love the ball tonight. On offense, I go through ZBo all day, and make them try to stop him on the inside. Mozgov should mitigate Gasol but I don't think we really have a PF on the roster who can stop ZBo. So their bigs are going to test us tonight.

Memphis has only lost 2 of its last 13 home games. Opponents are averaging below 90ppg and shooting under 41% in that stretch. The Forum will be alive tonight for this one, I wonder how the Cavs will play when the crowd isn't on their side.

Both teams are playing well of late. The Grizz shaking off a recent cold snap, have won 3 straight. Similarly, the Cavs are on a 3 game win streak as well. This should be a doozie tonight.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Back and forth so far. Cavs transition D needs to get tighter.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs pulling ahead, taking advantage of sloppy play from the Grizzlies and forced shots. Making the most of their opportunities.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs big 3 with 45 points so far (just in to the second half)

Grizz 1-6 3's in the first half, Conley has two 3's already.

The Grizz stars have to get going. Losing Vince Carter to a double-technical puts the Grizz in a bad position. I don't see them coming back in this, without any kind of offense the Cavs are just too strong.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Grizz HAVE to quit forcing these 3's. I get that they need to make up ground but this is painful.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Cavs with almost a 30 point lead. set to become the first opponent of the Grizz to put up 100 points on them at home in months...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

On the plus side... the Grizz bench IS outscoring the Cavs bench considerably, not that it matters. The Cavs have the lowest scoring bench in the NBA.

The Grizz are losing morale right now, they're getting their heads down. This is the kind of loss that makes a team look at themselves.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

They had that dry spell.. killed them
    our D has been great... Timo oh my... needs these minutes every night
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have to say too, the Cavs have MURDERED the Grizz on the glass, especially on the offensive end. TT and Mozgod have been a pain in the ass.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

James Jones in with the 4th Q again...

Why not play him in the 3rd with this ridiculous lead and give Love those 4Q minutes?

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

David should clear the bench now

Post Thanks / Like

That's what Joerger seems to be doing. 25 point game now...

I don't know why the Cavs aren't playing their bench guys right now, this is a route. The Grizz are not mounting a comeback.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The Memphis commentators bringing up the Cavs minutes now, lmao.

How did Shump just miss that dunk, holy crap.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

David still got that face on... like somebody stoled his lunch money

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff Green and Beno Udrih the only Grizz players in the + collumn... Wow. The worst game I've seen from them all year.

On the flip side. LeBron was LeBron and Kyrie made Mike Conley look bad, he was the clear winner of that duel. He did have twice the number of dimes as Kyrie though...

The turning point was Carter getting ejected. I think the Grizz just lost their energy completely after that.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

That's the old pepper boys, THAT'S THE OLD PEPPER!

So is LBJ embracing his hair loss.....sans headband? Free your mind!

Post Thanks / Like

Gasol was one of the Grizz' only bright spots. He had a rough time defending Kevin Love though.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously watching LeBron tonight I really just appreciated it. He had a very solid performance but the thing I love is watching LeBron when he's dialed in, it just comes so easily to him. The way it comes to him on the court is really something. He just slices through defenses and shares the ball and it didn't matter who was defending him.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously watching LeBron tonight I really just appreciated it. He had a very solid performance but the thing I love is watching LeBron when he's dialed in, it just comes so easily to him. The way it comes to him on the court is really something. He just slices through defenses and shares the ball and it didn't matter who was defending him.
    Yeah man....makes it look easy....only weakness is what? The jump shot? And recently free throw lol... Damn solid everywhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    Yeah man....makes it look easy....only weakness is what? The jump shot? And recently free throw lol... Damn solid everywhere.
    I dunno dude you don't leave LeBron open for a jumper opportunity he's too good. Not as aggressive as say Kyrie at drawing fouls.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    I dunno dude you don't leave LeBron open for a jumper opportunity he's too good. Not as aggressive as say Kyrie at drawing fouls.
    Yeah...he's by no means terrible lol. I should have said where is he weakest at? You guys watch wayy more than I. I didn't watch many games when he left Cleveland....but always thought his jump shot was not on par with the rest of his game.

Post Thanks / Like

For sure............. his jumper less reliable than his dunks.