Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ROUND 2 Cav's vs bulls

Post Thanks / Like

Default ROUND 2 Cav's vs bulls

What a difference a week and some clown pulling off a arm makes.

This would have been a tough series of 6-7 games at full strength. down 2 starters for the first 2 home games deep $hit here.
    We must still find a way to win these first 2 home games.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Who do we start ? what's left on the bench ?

I would start
    LBJ
    Kyrie
    Maserati
    Perkins - he's been here done that adds physicality... leaves TT for our bench.
    only need 15-18 minutes from him.

Shawn Marion - he is the key for these 2 home games and maybe more
    our bench is about the same if we do this.

What will David do ? God only knows. my guess he starts The Champ & Shump. grinds the players to a fine powder.

Post Thanks / Like

Who else is out? JR?

Good call making a thread for the series than trying to do game-by-game like I did :P

I still think we beat the Bulls. Their dominance the other night (nearly 60 points, holy fuck) was a statement to the Bucks, but they needed that win for their own self-esteem as a team. The Cavs may be a bit tender right now but I don't think we're impotent without Love. THIS is where Blatt earns his paycheck. He's got to use who we have to put us in the best position to win.

BTW is there any clip of what JR did? I've read about it. It sounds like it was a pretty bad ass move lol.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who do we start ? what's left on the bench ?

I would start
    LBJ
    Kyrie
    Maserati
    Perkins - he's been here done that adds physicality... leaves TT for our bench.
    only need 15-18 minutes from him.

Shawn Marion - he is the key for these 2 home games and maybe more
    our bench is about the same if we do this.

What will David do ? God only knows. my guess he starts The Champ & Shump. grinds the players to a fine powder.
    David goes with Shump & Mike Miller ??

Post Thanks / Like

Going small ball to open the game. He really doesn't have much choice as we all already very small at the four without Love. Simply can't play too much Perk in my opinion as the clogging effect on the offensive end would out weigh the defensive size on the other end.

We're going to have to beat them offensively the same way by creating penetration for LeBron and Kyrie (and Shump to a lesser extent) and kick it out to shooters (Miller, Jones, Shump) or hitting our more agile pick/roll guys (Moz and Thompson). Defense will have to be swarming, high on-ball pressure oriented while making life hard for Gasol on the blocks. We are still an excellent rebounding team even without Love.

Remains a very, very winnable series for us IMO. The fact that we'll have the 2 best players on the court (sorry Rose, Kyrie's better) makes a big difference in these high minutes, intense playoff settings.

Go Cavs!!

Post Thanks / Like

They are coming back from the slow start scoring wise.
    Miller a poor choice ...Perk's presence would have slow down the bulls and his picks on O could have helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Should have rode Kyrie tonight... he should've run the offense in the 4th, not LeBron.
    LeBron wasn't hitting his 3 and Butler was getting jumps on his passes, causing turnovers.
    Kyrie's a dribble king and was getting to the rim at will giving Tom Thibideau fits on CHI's bench!!
    Kyrie was the one to ride tonight. LeBron needs to know which rare night to DEFER and tonight was DEFINITELY
    a night to defer the handle of the offense to Kyrie.
    After we saw Kyrie give us the energy to get back in it in the 2nd & take a very brief lead after halftime... and see enough of LeBron to know LeBron shouldn't be the primary option, we'd have been in shape to win it if we only made Kyrie run the offense. LeBron got a couple put backs following Kyrie to the rim in the 2nd half, but ultimately LeBron ran way too much of the offense in the second half & Kyrie- not nearly enough.
    I think that's about as good as CHI will play.... that very possibly could be their best shot/their best game... especially if Rose's shoulder isn't 100% going forward. CHI was hitting a ton of shots - only Dunleavy could've done more, it seems, and he wasn't given the opportunity. Thibideau kept Brooks or Hinrich in (instead of Dunleavy) to help on Kyrie when Blatt went small. If Dunleavy gets his time & hit several more threes the way he's been playing, the game would've been over even earlier. Thib's was afraid of Kyrie and rightfully so -- this was one of Kyrie's moments to steal, and LeBron --in effect-- didn't defer to let him.

I hope LeBron sees this looking back & doesn't believe he should've done MORE... tonight he should've followed Kyrie's lead on offense when it mattered most. The refs also weren't calling the contact when LeBron made it to the rim -- another indicator.
    I really liked the results when LeBron trailed or met Kyrie at the rim - it almost seemed to guarantee us a basket!

No worries yet. I think we'll only see one more game --if any-- at that offensive proficiency from the Bulls.

Post Thanks / Like

Stick a fork in 'em, they're DONE. Mark my words.

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the difference when it's JR Smith getting Dellavedova's minutes in a game like tonight....

Post Thanks / Like

They're not done... strap your balls back on you big puss.

The only way they're close to done here is if there is in-fighting

Chicago gave their best shot.
    Charles (Barkley) is right... we don't have an answer for guarding Pau Gasol.
    Hopefully Rose isn't the same after this game and LeBron can guard Gasol.
    Thompson & Mozgov are the other true options... Gasol can't shoot over Mozzy too easy. Stick him on like a fly to fly-paper at key junctures.
    This series has hardly gotten started. I'll hit my first panic button if the Cavs lose game 2. Did you know LeBron has NEVER lost both of the 1st 2 away games in ANY playoff series? No Fear... win game 2 & we're in good shape!
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 05-04-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Moz-Gasol matchup. If Gasol waits at the top of the key like normal, Timo can beat him down court EVERY TIME and get a few easy dunks in!! Timo will out-run Gasol ALL DAY. Gasol's shot will be off... he'll have to pump-fake and a 2nd defender can go for the ball and the tie up, knowing Gasol will need to adjust his shot.
    Dunleavy is another matchup problem -- shooting his 3. He's too tall. It seemed Thibideau kept him off the floor in favor of a smaller guard (Brooks/Hinrich) to help stay in front of Kyrie. So to solve the Dunleavy potential mismatch, keep the fear of Kyrie going wild fresh in the mind of Coach Thibideau---keep Kyrie finishing at the rim in spurts!

There's no good reason CLE will not win this best of 7.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big loss... Big Mistake

Miller.. - 12 @ half bad idea -20 for the game. was it all his fault ? no but he give us little ..5 boards. it put LBJ on Noah on D down low guarding against O rebounds.
    not what he does pushing grabbing etc he's a chase/cheating defender. this tired him out threw off his O game imo those 16 minutes were what cost us the game. -20

Tied @ 53 next thing you know 63-53 before we get a TO . we get nothing what was the called play in the huddle ? LBJ dribble around ? it was 13 before he pulled Miller @ 6:35 of 3rd
    goes up to 15 before we score

The fact we got back in it by sheer will power... they fought like hell. when LBJ's shot was not falling and 6 turnovers, fighting for 15 boards (see above)

Delly was the only one to put Rose on his butt 8 feet from the 3 point line 6:48 4th late, he did well at denying Dunleavy the ball then guarding Brooks he earned his minutes. if the kids shot would start falling a bit more.

Maserati getting only 26 minutes outrageous he needs 32-35 ....WE cannot be out rebounded David.

poor Shump too many min he got abused by Noah on switches physically ......he tired hard.

We need to start Perk on Noah or we are done. sure he will get beat on pick and rolls that's when he uses his 6 fouls lets see if they want to keep running that .........picking Rose up off the court.

2 point game @6:17 & 5:20 then we could not hit shit till TT from Delly pass @ 2:35.
    Kyrie kept giving up the ball to LBJ he had little left got NO calls.
    bulls played well.
    Must win game 2

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about starting Miller over Matrix? Is coach trying to give the bench more life?

I don't know about you mmw, but I feel like if Blatt doesn't figure out the matchups he's going to lose this series for us.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the stats on Mike Miller. Didn't realize his big minus number... he was too weak on D to help us for a long stretch like he played. A smaller part of his -20 had to be poor luck being on the floor for CHI's hot shooting stretch(es) and not having LBJ/Kyrie out there to keep up.

I'm not sure Perk is the answer, though I don't mind using him relatively briefly for 2-4 hard fouls... I was screaming most of the night for us to put somebody on their ass! Perk's a liability on D when you have Gasol out there, and the quick guys, including Noah & maybe Gibson, will get by him/outhustle him. The way CHI spaces the floor, has drivers and shooters... that's where the pundits concern is with the Cavs losing this series. I think Perk for some quick hard fouls to slow Rose's drives to the basket will be effective. Between 8-10 minutes of Perk's hard fouls and 32 minutes of Mozzy paint protecting....we'd be good.

I like Delly for who he is; I think he's valuable/got value. I don't think he really hurt us playing all those minutes & most of the 4th in Game 1. But JR Smith is a nice upgrade... that was my point in a previous post. I wasn't thinking Delly was bad and getting Smith back will be night and day. But it might well be the difference between winning & losing. We needed 2 threes to pull it off inside the 4 minute mark, and they never came/never fell.

I really like your last paragraph, Mad.
    Down 2 with 5 and 6 minutes left.... and the plan was HIT A THREE. LeBron chucked a couple bricks and Delly missed one too... it was 3 of 4 possessions at that critical juncture that we shot a 3 that missed. It EASILY should have been BALL IN KYRIE'S HANDS---ATTACK THE BASKET. That's the flow the game had called for all night when we wanted to make a run. I was thinkin' ATTACK THE RIM at that critical juncture but LBJ was chuckin' from outside. Later, inside the 3min mark, LeBron drived and got fouled on the arm, but he's so strong it wasn't obvious & went uncalled... that strangely seemed to be the ref's MO too all game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Not sure about starting Miller over Matrix? Is coach trying to give the bench more life?

I feel like if Blatt doesn't figure out the matchups he's going to lose this series for us.
    Not sure about Miller over Matrix either... Miller's place on this bench should be 2-3 minutes here & there, take a couple threes if they're open shots & back to the bench. Matrix gives you much better D and a good energy boost for a short period of time: 5-6 minutes.

CHI presents pretty formidable matchup problems:

Noah's too quick and "crafty" we'll say...
    Gasol shoots like nobody's business
    Rose has his MVP game goin'
    Brooks is an astronaut flying around on rockets out there -- he flies by a couple defenders, penetrates the heart & dishes, it's tough!
    Dunleavy is tall and sinks the 3 --- he's been hot

What is Blatt to do? I'm not concerned Blatt will cost us anything---he's a good coach. There are a COUPLE perhaps better & Thibideau may be one of the very few... but Blatt's not to blame. For instance, Dellavedova playing most of the 4th was as good an option as any... that didn't hurt us... THIS TIME. The small lineup was proven most effective earlier in the game and that's what Blatt installed in crunch time.

With all the matchup problems that CHI presents, Blatt decided that trying to match up wasn't the right answer; rather DICTATING WITH A SMALLER LINEUP was. And he was right. Good coaching decision.

I think Mad is right... more Maserati is what's called for. Moz affects too much; he's TOO GOOD not to play 30 minutes. Hopefully Blatt knows this and is saving his bigger minutes for later games in the series. Perhaps he thinks/knows 4-5-6 games of 30+ mins for Mozzy wouldn't be good for him. We'll see.

The best matchup lineup for the Cavs; What would that be?

Kyrie on Butler/Brooks
    James on Rose.
    Moz on Pau.
    TT on Noah.
    Shumpert on Butler/Dunleavy

This leaves problems because Pau draws Moz out to the top of the paint.
    TT becomes the protector & when he challenges the driver, Noah will get O-Reb's all day.

Another huge issue is that Perk is the only usable big off the bench & you don't want him playing even 14 minutes against the Bulls...and he'd need to play a lot more than that in this scenario.
    You HAVE TO play small ball... and you CAN CERTAINLY win that way in this series!
    I really think Kyrie's scoring sprees kept Hinrich/Brooks on the floor instead of Dunleavy, who's been deadly from 3...so it's VERY important that Kyrie's 8-10 point scoring streaks continue. They're great for us and they keep their sniper on the bench! (because they need the help staying in front of Kyrie)

This is a tricky series, but one that we should pull out. The only way CHI should really give us trouble is if they shoot that well every game... which is what happened years ago, before LeBron left... in that ORL series. Those fuckers couldn't miss. I don't see that happening again.

WHAT REALLY PISSSSSSSSSSSSSES ME OFF IS THAT THIS WOULD BE A CAKEWALK IN THE PARK WITH A HEALTHY KEVIN LOVE.
    It's a 5 Game series without Fuckin Olynyk's bullshit. What the fuck did he get ONE game for????? Either he fuckin' yanked it out with a stomach crunch or it was a basketball play. WTF, NBA.... seriously, why the ONE game suspension? I WANT AN ANSWER!!
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 05-05-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Shumpert on Rose? I think I like that. James on Noah & sometimes on Butler; TT to the bench which solves the fresh big man dilemma.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a solution for this series. All jokes and sarcasm aside...really.......NO REALLY..........Not even kidding. Put in Kendrick Perkins to give hard foul to Derrick Rose to tear his ACL again. We should get Perk back by game four. Problem solved, ECF here we come. No kidding.

Post Thanks / Like

Any doubters about the value of Kevin Love probably feel differently after last night. We missed his presence on the boards and his entire offensive "threat". It is what it is.

The biggest homer thing I took from last night is that with Chicago shooting lights out (50% from floor and 56% from 3's) the best they could do was hold on for a win. This with LeBron clearly off.

We have to come up with a better plan on Gasol than simply letting him take uncontested 18 footers. He'll make those all day long. Dunleavy isn't going to score 13 points in a quarter again.... in his life. Kyrie was about as good as he can be but LeBron wasn't.

I see us evening the series tomorrow and taking one in Chicago. We'll be on serve for game 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I have a solution for this series. All jokes and sarcasm aside...really.......NO REALLY..........Not even kidding. Put in Kendrick Perkins to give hard foul to Derrick Rose to tear his ACL again. We should get Perk back by game four. Problem solved, ECF here we come. No kidding.
    Agree
    not so much with the ACL part BUT making him and the other bulls know this is The Playoffs there will be no easy baskets. we are a team with no playoff experience cough soft

Post Thanks / Like

David is not a good NBA coach he is a Rookie NBA coach. as a Laker fan I know what a good NBA coach is, you near never said what was Phil or Riley thinking it was "what a great move that was"
    "who seen that coming" these are words said about good NBA coaches.

We needed to replace Love David told LBJ to do that and he did it better than Love in reality.
    but it left us in who replaces LBJ ? WE COULD NOT DO THAT.

After Kyrie missed those 2 shots with under 6 minutes he got cold feet and gave it up to LBJ. they (David/LBJ) need to coach him up not to give up on himself.

Please David put Miller back on the bench give us a chance Start Perkins Please ...let LBJ be LBJ

Post Thanks / Like

No doubter here. In fact, I will go ahead and say this. I have been telling the guy I work with weeks before the playoffs started, that if the Cavs were to win a championship, that Kevin Love was going to have to come up BIG time in the post-season(be a big part of it). In my mind, it all hinged on Kevin Love playing lights out all post-season for us to have a legitimate chance, but now you can just forget it. Love was a bigger part of this team than some realized. He is the only 6-11 forward on the roster, and who can stretch the floor. As you can see, our roster is pretty small without him.

I just don't see us having ANY chance at all against the Bulls, thus my response about Derrick Rose. Since the commissioner pretty much tokk hurting players intentionally, and turned it into a strategy point by only suspending dude for one game, I say it would be good strategy wise to take out the opponents best player. It's only one game. If they only give one game for a shoulder, I am sure a torn ACL would only be a game. The price is well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Intentional or not it does send a wrong message. what he did was reckless at best worthy of 10 games.
    the more i read and hear about him .. think he was just stupid/reckless.

But i am looking for that move in a MMA fight lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    Intentional or not it does send a wrong message. what he did was reckless at best worthy of 10 games.
    the more i read and hear about him .. think he was just stupid/reckless.

But i am looking for that move in a MMA fight lol
    I think 1 hour a day for a year with Gunny would be an appropriate punishment......and then in game someone should get real "elbowy" when rebounding in his vicinity.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the old pepper boys!! Ok now JR is coming back and he will be...

a. rested (fresh legs)

and

b. pissed off

I like that.