Game 4: Thu. June 11, Golden State at Cleveland, 9:00 PM, ABC

Game 5 *: Sun, June 14, Cleveland at Golden State, 8:00 PM, ABC

Game 6 *: Tue, June 16, Golden State at Cleveland, 9:00 PM, ABC

Game 7 *: Fri, June 19, Cleveland at Golden State, 9:00 PM, ABC
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Love, PF
    LeBron James, SF
    Anderson Varejao, C
    Kyrie Irving, PG
    Dion Waiters, SG
    Tristan Thompson, C
    Matthew Dellavedova, SG
    Shawn Marion, SG
    Mike Miller, SG
    James Jones, SF
    Alex Kirk, C
    Brendan Haywood, C
    Joe Harris, SG

There we were game #1 That's why LBJ said Patience lol

7 months later here we are going against the 4th best team of All Time.
    they say on paper.

But the game is played on wood
    They are a very good team at shooting the 3. we are the best team defending the 3.
    but will that make a difference ?

The Warriors have the league MVP Stephen Curry.

Golden State is known for their top-ranked offense.

In my watching this sport the team with the Best Player wins most often.just going back to the MJ years he beat better teams for at least half of his rings. LBJ has won 2 rings against better teams already. so all that Warrior stuff just might not make a difference.
    The Difference is We Have The Best Player. ever ?

It's just the normal.. we got win a game in Golden State. having split the season series is a big plus for us imo they are hard team to play for just one night thus the 67 wins.

Looking forward to game 1 let's see what they got.
    my question is what to do the next week ? Thank God for Footy

Post Thanks / Like

Thank God for the long layoff. Gives LBJ, Kyrie, and Shump a chance to heal up and rest up. As Doug Collins opined- "at this time of year- if it's rest or rust- I'll take rest every time."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Game 7 *: Fri, June 19, Cleveland at Golden State, 9:00 PM, ABC
    A little part of me hopes Cavs in 7... I start my two week vacation June 18 and would be in Ohio for their victory parade. And I guarantee that I would be downtown for that thing. Go Cavs baby!!!

You can learn a line from a win, and a book from a defeat.~Paul Brown

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrownieBornAndRaised View Post
    A little part of me hopes Cavs in 7... I start my two week vacation June 18 and would be in Ohio for their victory parade. And I guarantee that I would be downtown for that thing. Go Cavs baby!!!
    I'm leaving for a European vacation on the 13th.. Id like another sweep please!
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post

I definitely wouldn't mind a sweep Nickers. "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament!"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping we shock them and take game 1 right out of the gate. LBJ will have them fired up and hungry. I'm hoping Blatt and the coaches can gameplan a nice surprise for them. We're playing the best defense of the year right now.

We're being universally poo poo'ed by the pundits as to our chances to win from what I've seen...and the oddsmakers....stuff like we can't score enough to keep up with them and so on. We're getting 6 points for game 1 the last I saw. I can't see this team going gently into that good night. Good luck stopping Lebron right now.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be interesting. GS have the thicker bodies to make it hard on LeBron around the rim; Ezeli will be a key in the series.

The noise and lights may be headaches for Curry & Klay Thompson after their head thumps late in the HOU series. I think their shooting will be affected; we've seen their best & it's past, I think their percentages are lower in the Finals.

The rebounding will be more even; CLE aren't likely to dominate like they did in the East.
    Turnovers can do CLE in; GS can make that into a real problem, potentially.

Unless Kyrie can fly around at his starting ALL-STAR level, I think this is the series it kills CLE not to have KLove.
    We can't afford to have Kyrie hobbled by that debilitating foot injury.

GS probably really really IS an all-time great team. CLE is definitely too, when Kyrie & KLove are 90+%, but they're not.

It's going to be a really tough series; Hopefully an amazing Finals that CLE can pull out.

BLATT WILL EARN SOME SERIOUS ACCOLADE with a series victory vs. GS.... he's going to need to put some work in for it!!
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 05-29-2015 at 05:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    I'd love to rub a sweep in those sniveling Dubs fans faces. My gut says unless injury plays a pivotal role this goes at LEAST 6 games.

The Grizz took them 6 and we are much better than Memphis. IMO if the crowd in the Forum (MEM) didn't really phase GS, I'm skeptical the Q will shake them badly.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 05-29-2015 at 05:24 AM.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

They play the game on the court.. the Cavs feel like a team of destiny right now.. Cavs have the best defense against the 3.. It will come down to.. What team is more hungry.. .
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a floorball tournament the 13th and a department cookout for work on the 20th. So either 5 or 6 games would be nice-- tournament, win, fly in, parade, fly out, cookout.

Of course with that plan, I just guaranteed the Warriors will win it.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count as of 12/12/17: 100 Browns, 185 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 36 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 333 total.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    I'm hoping we shock them and take game 1 right out of the gate. LBJ will have them fired up and hungry. I'm hoping Blatt and the coaches can gameplan a nice surprise for them. We're playing the best defense of the year right now.

We're being universally poo poo'ed by the pundits as to our chances to win from what I've seen...and the oddsmakers....stuff like we can't score enough to keep up with them and so on. We're getting 6 points for game 1 the last I saw. I can't see this team going gently into that good night. Good luck stopping Lebron right now.

I too am very curious to see what gameplan Blatt and staff come up with. In the shoutbox I made some comments to Mad and TBPP about how much this Cavs squad reminds me of the 97-98 bulls team, IMO the best team ever assembled in the NBA. A lot of the same type of players and characteristics IMO, with this Cavs team being slightly better on paper. I also believe that Phil Jackson is arguably the best coach to ever grace the game. When I think about this matchup and who we face, I find myself thinking about what Phil would do. My take on what Phil would do: We know we are playing the MVP and best team from the West, and this MVP's play is made even better by the other 3 shooters around him. Hoping our hobbled up All star Kyrie is going to be able to stop Steph is VERY optimistic. I think that Phils approach would be o.k., Steph is going to get his 25-35 a game probably without question, let him. What we need to do is stress that the other 3 are shut down. Iman and Jr do not leave Klay under any circumstances, let Lebron and TT beat up and bang on Harrison and Draymon. Our bigs will be fine with Bogut. Delly's job is to bang and get in Steph's head, and send our pg and 2guard back after every offensive shot. Slow em down, and beat the brakes off them physically and mentally. Go Cavs!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default All this talk

GS got here pretty easy... what ?
    did they have to play the Spurs ? .... did they have to play the Clips ?.... the Spurs killers ?
    just saying they got thru without playing those teams and No one says anything about it.

2 more nights
    Go Cav's

Post Thanks / Like

The Grizz were the toughest team they had to play, and they still pushed 6 games. People arguing the Cavs beat "nobodies" are just desperate to hate LeBron/Cleveland. It's absurd.

I really can't wait to see what happens G1. I would love for an Atlanta redux, we take two games in their house and all of the momentum. A G1 win would be huge but I think the series comes back to Cleveland 1-1.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

https://youtu.be/L5PYYEyh7bE

Saw this on Reddit this morning. Hit ne right in the feels.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    https://youtu.be/L5PYYEyh7bE

Saw this on Reddit this morning. Hit ne right in the feels.
    Awesome send off. Too bad he couldn't have seen the finals.. ..such is life, I guess....especially if you root for a friggin Cleveland team.

My Step-Dad has "Go Browns" on his headstone.....as will I. Unless I go for something snarky like "What the fuck are you looking at?"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Dam ready
    My NBA Jones ....the worst of all time.

Go LeBron
    Go Cav's

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the most excited Ive been over the NBA in my 31 years of life. Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Give'em hell tonight boys!... Go Cavs.. Be tough.. and dont back down for anything!

OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

From the Grantland article and something I've considered for a while now myself:

If this was the year in which LeBron lived up to his own myth, these Finals are the best opportunity he’s ever had to take his legend to the next level. Isn’t that why he went back to Cleveland in the first place?
    Lebron knows DAMN well what its going to take to unseat Jordan as the greatest of all time. Before these playoffs started, with a healthy big three, he knew it was multiple championships in Cleveland. Now, with the narrative of these playoffs playing out so specifically (Love out, Irving hobbled, and playing the GREAT Warriors team) a win this year with Lebron playing epically may jump him into the conversation right now.

He's thinking sweep as we sit here at 4:49 p.m. the night of game one. Win tonight. Make a statement. Put ALL the pressure on Golden State. Cement my place at the top of the pantheon.

Will they win the series? Will they win tonight? Who knows. In the end, just making the Finals this year is a worthy achievement. But winning it, and maybe even winning it "with authority" would be legend making. Lebron knows that. Knows that for sure.