Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The NBA Finals Golden State vs. Cleveland

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fully confident we will come out in G2 to play. If JR makes ONE of those 10 shots he missed then Shump and LeBron aren't attempting clutch game winners.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm fully confident we will come out in G2 to play. If JR makes ONE of those 10 shots he missed then Shump and LeBron aren't attempting clutch game winners.
    I'm starting to wonder if Cleveland sports teams are cursed. Should I make up a t-shirt saying

ALL IN-JURED?

I'm not giving up all hope yet- Moz & TT can dominate against these guys- so let them dominate.

Post Thanks / Like

We are cursed hoorta. The Curse of Chief Wahoo (Cleveland Frowns coined it as far as I kmow...)
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

We are cursed hoorta. The Curse of Chief Wahoo (Cleveland Frowns coined it as far as I kmow...)
    Ode to My Shitty Fandom

Trapped.

I'm trapped in this shitty fandom.

There's no choosing to root for other teams.

It's not an option.

Trapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    Ode to My Shitty Fandom

Trapped.

I'm trapped in this shitty fandom.

There's no choosing to root for other teams.

It's not an option.

Trapped.

Post Thanks / Like

Two games down 3 wins to go. heck we could be up 2 zip with one basket. is it tough... yep always is.
    Guess we can play this game. Dream is Alive

Stay with it.
    Go Cav's
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Too hyped to chicken little until we're on the brink of elimination...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Media narratives are often funny things. They love to tell their own story - which is usually close to half...if that. A couple of things from last night:

- Media: Lebron took 35 shots - 38% of CLE's total
    - Real Story: Thompson took 28 shots - 34% of GS's total

- Media: Curry was off - 5/23, 19pts; won't play like that again.
    - Real Story: Thompson had a career high - 34 pts; averaged 21.7 in the regular season & 20.6 this post season - won't play like that again.
    - More to the Story: Lebron had an off night - 11/35, 31.1%. LBJ was a 48.8% shooter this season; and 42.3 in the playoffs. He shot 17.7% below his season average and 11.2% below this season's playoff average.

- Media: Splash Bros need to play better for GS
    - Real Story: Splash Bros averaged 45.5 pts/game during the season, and 49 pts/game this post season. Last night combined for 53 - 8.5 points above their average production; and 4 pts above their ave playoff production.

- Media: GS had an off night overall shooting - 39.8%
    - Real Story: Cleveland shot only 32.2%

- Media: Making every excuse in the book for GS.
    - Real Story: They were simply out-played by a grittier, more physical team who contested their perimeter shots and wanted the game more.

Keep making excuses for GS and counting us out Media. We love it. Warriors now have to go back to the Q (where they were blown out earlier this year) and play a Cavs team who is not only confident, but knows they can beat GS.

#ALLinCAVS #NBAFinals #TheGritSquad #AllForOne

Post Thanks / Like

Nice frickin' post QCT.

Golden State hasn't shown any heart just yet. Doesn't mean its not there and doesn't mean they won't go on a tear and win this thing in five. Their depth of talent is real.

However, as the old saying goes, "Its why they play the game". Better talent doesn't always win. Especially when the most transcendent player of this generation is locked-in. Lebron's emotion at the end of that game tells anyone outside Cleveland what we already knew: Lebron and this team believe.

I expect the chippiest game yet tomorrow. I think its the night that we really try to punch them in the mouth. They're soft to my eye. Their emotional leader, Green, has been marginalized and he's itching to get slapped with a fragrant 1/2. They don't have any answer for Mozgov and Thompson's relentless energy on both ends of the floor. GS better flip a switch soon or they'll be left hoping for elite shooting nights from Curry/Thompson in order to win games. Oh, and those will be contested jump shots.

Huge game tomorrow and I only wish I could be at the Q to help make it as hostile for GS and inspirational for the Cavs as possible. Can't wait to watch!

Post Thanks / Like

In Finals history, the winner of game 3 (when the series is tied 1-1) wins the series 84% of the time. Tomorrow is HUGE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_QCT View Post
    In Finals history, the winner of game 3 (when the series is tied 1-1) wins the series 84% of the time. Tomorrow is HUGE!!!!
    It's simple math. In that scenario- the loser has to win 3 out of 4.

You're at home Cavs- smear 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Praise Outback Jesus!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

That's groovy!!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

That's groovy!!
    That IS groovy lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    That IS groovy lol.
    It is so groovy now- it's the first time since "The Summer of Love" that the Cavs have won a home Finals game.

Sort of historic. 14 down, 2 to go.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first time since October 8, 1948 that a Cleveland team has taken a lead in a championship series.
    Inexplicable 2016 Barking Hard Pick 'Em Champion

"Thus we say, 'He ne'er contends, And therein is his might.'" - Lao Tzu, passage 68 of the Tao Te Ching, foretelling of the Cleveland Browns

Cleveland autograph count: 84 Browns, 164 Indians, 12 Cavs, and 34 Lumberjacks/Barons/Crunch/Force. 294 total.

Post Thanks / Like

We're just out working them; plain and simple. Of course we have Lebron James, but the difference as a team is our willingness to out work them.

Their bigs are exhausted from trying to fend off TT and Mozgov. Those two are relentless, especially TT and it wears on their bigs. Shump, JR (on ball), and Delly pressure the wings and are physical while doing it. Scoring wings don't like to be touched and you can see how it bothers Curry.

Another huge test Thursday. Lose and we're back "on serve" going to Golden State where they'd be massive favorites to win game 5 and go up 3-2. As Lebron sort of said in his post game interview, these are all important games. Need to win Thursday to keep the pressure on them and give us the obvious shot at 3 close out games.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO no reason we should lose three of the next four. Only reason is that we run out of gas and I think the emotional high is enough to compensate.

Hoorta, I hope you got the movie reference.

We're out shooting them, especially on 3's and FT's. More steals and out blocking them. Delly cut down on on his TO's and is playing the best ball of his life, just like we need. So is LeBron for that matter...

That crowd was insane. Memphis would be proud! My initial prediction was Cavs in 6 and I stay by that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ToastedPagel View Post
    This is the first time since October 8, 1948 that a Cleveland team has taken a lead in a championship series.
    I'm sure my Mom remembers it well- she's 86 now.