Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 24 of 125

Thread: 2015 NBA Free Agents.. we might..........Afford

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 2015 NBA Free Agents.. we might..........Afford

    We must get More players ones David will play. the dead wood on the bench cost us all year in the way of MINUTES played by Big 3.
    That magic Brendan Haywood contract can get us 1 really good player or 2 average guys. this off season will shape us for the rest of LBJ's playing Life.

    Wesley Matthews - can he come back ?
    Rodney Stuckey - price might be right on him
    Jeremy Lin - as a bench player nice to have
    Mike Dunleavy - younger than guys we have
    Leandro Barbosa - would be happy to see him come to us
    Maurice "Mo" Williams - guy had 52 last year in a game. would LBJ ok him ?
    Aaron Brooks - he can play
    Sergio Rodriguez - Euroleague Real Madrid PG ---TBPP should know him LOL
    Reggie Evans - can play on my team anytime
    Andre Miller - we know him
    Will Bynum - energy guy. question his shot selection
    Jimmer Fredette - he can shoot. has not played on a great team yet. ok I'm a big fan


    stuck with Mike Miller
    nice list here
    http://hoopshype.com/free_agency_2015.htm
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not a fan of all the PG's, as Delly has proved to us he's a viable backup to Kyrie. Dunleavy,Mo, Barbosa, and reggie evans are too old for my liking. Wesley Matthews or Jimmer would get my vote, leaning towards Jimmer tho, I think he would embrace a role off the bench more than Matthews. Both are relatively short Jimmer 6'2 and Wesley 6"5?, but I like the idea of a defender/shooter in Jimmer. Only 2 that appeal to me. We already have a bunch of guys collecting Social Security on our bench, hence the slave driving I've seen written here. I think if Love stays(which he will to get the higer max when the cap jumps the yr after next) and we resign TT, we are good with bigs, those two at the 4 and Moz and Varejoa at the 5. Need another 2-3 if we shitcan JR. Bring Iman back and another 2-3 to rest him and Lebron. Damn near an amazing 10 man roster.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How about a Gerald Green, Tobias Harris or a Danny Green? Tobias is restricted, but Gerald and Danny are not, don't know if they are affordable either, but I'd like to have any of the three

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If we fail to retain Shunp we should make a hard play for Danny Green. SA would be crazy not to resign him.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gerald Green is good too, guy can be a firecracker on offense and plays underrated D.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Who I like... (Not considering cost)

    PG: Patrick Beverly, Linsanity, Beno Udrih (or Calethes)
    SG: Danny Green, Shump, Aaron Alflalo, Gerald Green, Wayne Ellington
    SF: Al-Farouq Aminu, Alonzo Gee (liked him here in CLE)
    Bigs: Love, TT, Mozgod, Amir Johnson, Kosta Koufos, Cole Aldrich
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we fail to retain Shunp we should make a hard play for Danny Green. SA would be crazy not to resign him.
    I think Shump stays- LBJ loves him. More problematic is how much it's going to cost to keep TT.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    IMO, he already balked at a pretty good offer. I really don't see him making much more than maybe $13m/year. He turned down 10...
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  9. #9
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,379
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, he already balked at a pretty good offer. I really don't see him making much more than maybe $13m/year. He turned down 10...

    $11.2 or $11.5 might be enough to snag him..
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO, he already balked at a pretty good offer. I really don't see him making much more than maybe $13m/year. He turned down 10...
    Reportedly turn down 13 x 4 = 52 million. if that's true Rich Paul is a ahole. which i think he is. sure hope players keep their monies out of his hands. imo
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ith-cavaliers/
    Last edited by madmadworld; 06-12-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gerald Green is good too, guy can be a firecracker on offense and plays underrated D.
    Good choice missed him somehow.

    We need a third PG even today would be nice lol
    we don't have too many ball handlers
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am pretty much done with Cleveland sports, so can someone explain this to me? Why are there five players, Miller, Haywood, Marion, Harris, and Perkins that never play? I mean NEVER? Haywood played like five minutes the entire year. And for fuck's sake, they couldn't even put Miller in the game to try to spark the offense. No, they just let a depleted Delly, and sub-zero JR Smith jack up three's all game. Why pays these guys if THEY CAN'T EVEN CONTRIBUTE!!!?

    Someone please set out JR Smith in the California sun when you get off of the plane, and be careful not to drop him or he will shatter.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ask coach Blatt...
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Middletown, Ohio
    Posts
    202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am pretty much done with Cleveland sports, so can someone explain this to me? Why are there five players, Miller, Haywood, Marion, Harris, and Perkins that never play? I mean NEVER? Haywood played like five minutes the entire year. And for fuck's sake, they couldn't even put Miller in the game to try to spark the offense. No, they just let a depleted Delly, and sub-zero JR Smith jack up three's all game. Why pays these guys if THEY CAN'T EVEN CONTRIBUTE!!!?

    Someone please set out JR Smith in the California sun when you get off of the plane, and be careful not to drop him or he will shatter.

    Because most of them are collecting social security and are members of the aarp. Harris is young and unproven, you really want to take a shot with him in the NBA finals? Perk is not going to give you a spark on offense and we sit Moz when they play small, just no minutes to allocate to him. Haywood filled out a roster spot, that's it. Miller is old and over the hill and has done well in his 6 minutes a game, hes almost too slow to get a decent look from 3 anymore. Marion is a defensive guy that provides no offense, most horrendous shot I have ever seen. I understand when you say depleted Delly, but there is 3 games left, he'll live and he keeps playing hard. Plain and simple, we couldn't spit off a camel and hit sand last night, throw it in the ocean from a pier, hit the broadside of a blue barn.....get my drift? Had a tremendous shot at winning game one, and had we shot decent or normal in game 4, we win or at least have a shot to win. Lebron 1-9 from outside the paint. Shump 1-10, Jr 1-11 and whatever shit we shot from the ft line. That's a lot of pts left on the floor brother. We'll rest up in these two days, we still have a great chance at winning this, after all, we have the King. I bet if I told you at the all star break we'd be where we are without Kyrie and KLove, uda told me I was Nucking Futs. We'll regroup, were Cleveland fans, if there is one thing we have, its faith my man...........Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,983
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With Love opting out I hope we lobby hard for LaMarcus Alldridge.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With Love opting out I hope we lobby hard for LaMarcus Alldridge.
    Hope we keep Love go after Aldridge and let TT go. not likely ...but money and basketball wise this is a better move.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
    Posts
    1,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope we keep Love go after Aldridge and let TT go. not likely ...but money and basketball wise this is a better move.
    Agreed...I love TT...but 15 mil a year??? No freaking way...what did he average offensively?....I don't even want to look it up...I bet it isn't double digits...or BARELY is.

    He's Lebron's boy tho.....so....

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd give TT $15M... he's only 24 years old!!! (he's gotta promise to keep rebounding like Rodman for us, though)

    With $20M more coming into team's salary structures in 2016, TT is worth $15M/season on this contract, while he'll be 25-29 years old.
    He's not worth $20M like he's rumored to be reaching for. Supposedly, we'll let him solicit offers from the league & we'll match the best one. Typically, teams don't bother making offers when they know it's under those pretenses, so the player gets a lesser deal than if it were truly under typical free-for-all free agent bidding.

    I really want Kevin Love back. I like his 3's, rebounds, and more than anything his AWESOME outlet passes that put LeBron & Kyrie in great positions in the front court to quickly attack the basket on the break. No one else in the NBA can match Love's skill for these outlet passes that get our team a dozen easy baskets in transition EVERY GAME.

    You can't put together a better trio in the NBA than LBJ, Love, and Kyrie.
    We'll have TT too, I think, and Mozgov & Andy & hopefully Shump and JR also.
    The next important pieces are a true savvy back up PG and a SF that either locks down D or shoots the 3... Trevor Ariza does BOTH, which is why I'm hoping HOU trades us Ariza & PG Jason Terry to free up cap space for them & give us the depth we need. They'd do this because they need to free up cap space to bring in a big FA and they have young guys that need to take Ariza's minutes (Ariza came off the bench, already anyway) like Terrance Jones, Corey Brewer, Josh Smith, & Sam Dekker. I think HOU would take our trade for Brendan Haywood's $11M contract to cut him & clear cap space.

    Then, in 2016, when we get that extra $20M in cap money... we can add a premier 3 shooter, pay Kyrie, and bring in a fresh big man.
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 06-28-2015 at 04:53 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How fun would it be to go after the Clippers' feared big man DeAndre Jordan, whose only 26 and technically a Free Agent, though he's believed to return to LAC???

    Can you imagine Kyrie, Ariza, LBJ, Love and Jordan!!! That's like USA Basketball or something! A lineup in the All-Star game!
    ....and the 2nd team would be: PG Jason Terry, Shumpert, JR Smith, Tristan, and Mozgov.
    3rd Team: Delly, Joe Harris, James Jones, Rakeem Christmas, and Varejao rounding out the bench...

    Our 2nd team could battle for the 4 seed in the East!!!! No Joke.



    unfortunately, realistically, a team couldn't come together like this until after 2016, when the cap rises $20M for each team.
    so... it would be Love OR Jordan in 2016, not both. But in 2017....
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 06-28-2015 at 04:58 AM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Tristan Thompson

    10 points 8.4 rebounds = 10 mil tops
    unless Portland wants to pay him more in a sign and trade for LaMarcus Aldridge.
    he might play for 13-15 mil if it was all about $$ for him he stays there for $20 mil.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...thomptr01.html
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lakewood, OH
    Posts
    4,129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    KLove isn't going anywhere. He wants to stay.

    BTW, I just saw this....

    Probasketballdraft ‏@Probballdraft 3m3 minutes ago
    J.R. Smith looking for a 3 year deal starting around $8M per year according to a league source. #Cavs

    There's also been some Twitterbuzz about the Cavs trading Brendan Haywood for JJ Redick. After the Clippers release Haywood, it would give them cap relief to better compete to retain DeAndre Jordan or, better yet, be able to go after DeMarcus Cousins or Marc Gasol.

    I would rather have Wesley Matthews or Wilson Chandler. They're better defenders. Chandler has made noise indicating he might want to leave Denver, saying there's "a lack of grownups" on the Nuggets. But I've seen no buzz about either of them coming to the Cavs.
    "Hillary Clinton belongs in the White House. Donald Trump belongs on my show."--Jerry Springer
    Cleveland Browns: 13 losing seasons in first 50 years. 15 losing seasons since 1999 -- and counting.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tt needs to walk. We got varejao for 10 n 8. Im cool on jr and shump both.

    Rather have aldridge than love

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tristan should sign for $12M - that's very fair.

    Good luck with those hopes for a 3 yr deal at $8M each, JR... you're a head case who should get slightly less than that.

    I want some news soon on what we're doing with Haywood!!!
    Let's make a TRADE!!! Get it done.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,638
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tt needs to walk. We got varejao for 10 n 8. Im cool on jr and shump both.

    Rather have aldridge than love
    Love is more valuable to us than Aldridge because of his awesome outlet passing and 3 point shooting.
    Aldridge's game would clog the lane for LeBron... which he's strongly against.

    Aldridge would be worth what Bosh was. Love is MORE valuable!
    I don't think we're in the LaMarcus Aldridge sweepstakes. Maybe DeAndre Jordan, though...

    If we get Love back, we need to devote the offense to him for 10 mins a game and get LeBron some serious rest thru the regular season.... I DON'T WANT TO SEE LEBRON HIT A WALL AT 33/34 YEARS OLD!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •