Thread: Over the edge.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Over the edge.

I have gone over the edge as a Cleveland sports fan. I thought it would never come to this point, but it has. Enough is enough. I don't even care if they win it all, I am done as of right now, I will not be watching the last three games. I have lost all faith in LeBron and the Cavs and hereby forfeit all rights to celebrate as a Cavs fan if they do win it all. I am giving up on the team with three games left and anything can happen, I fully understand this. This has 1997 Tony Fernandez written all over it and I cannot stand to sit though another heartbreaking ordeal with another Cleveland team. If it didn't happen twice with two absolutely stacked Indians teams, and two rounds of LeBron James, IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN. Johnny Foosball sure ain't gonna do what LeBron James couldn't.

I mostly wrote this so that if LeBron were ever to scroll through this site that he would read this. If you are reading this LeBron, please go! I never really wanted you to come back in the first place. (yes it's true. I am confessing) Yes I did hate you for going to Miami, but now I understand why. You left, and immediately won two championships. You still have a few years left in your career, so if you want to chase Jordan, you have to go elsewhere. I won't even be mad if you go back to Miami.

You guys may think that this is some attempt just to get attention, but my activity on the board has declined drastically. I am tired of waiting for things to turn around. Tired of the asshole , cheapskate owners of these Cleveland teams that don't do enough to ensure that their team has enough to get over the top. Always a day late and a dollar short. It's a story line that has no end.

Post Thanks / Like

Holy fuck Neo's going over the edge Someone get the Cleveland sports fan defibrillator! Clear! (listening for breathing)

It's going to happen....I believe it will...if not this year then the next or the next.

If you bring him (LBJ), they will come. I'm not giving up on this season by any stretch, but I am very sure we're about to get some pretty damn excellent help coming our way next season....players will want to come and be a part of it....not to mention getting the big 3 back to full strength. We will OWN the east..FOR YEARS..and we will eventually prevail. The fact that we have come this far, this year, is a freaking fairy tail come true.

Next year this team will look totally different.....and......Next year......we'll be a Juggernaut.

This is the Cleveland sports fan life preserver I am clinging to atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have gone over the edge as a Cleveland sports fan. I thought it would never come to this point, but it has. Enough is enough. I don't even care if they win it all, I am done as of right now, I will not be watching the last three games. I have lost all faith in LeBron and the Cavs and hereby forfeit all rights to celebrate as a Cavs fan if they do win it all. I am giving up on the team with three games left and anything can happen, I fully understand this. This has 1997 Tony Fernandez written all over it and I cannot stand to sit though another heartbreaking ordeal with another Cleveland team. If it didn't happen twice with two absolutely stacked Indians teams, and two rounds of LeBron James, IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN. Johnny Foosball sure ain't gonna do what LeBron James couldn't.

I mostly wrote this so that if LeBron were ever to scroll through this site that he would read this. If you are reading this LeBron, please go! I never really wanted you to come back in the first place. (yes it's true. I am confessing) Yes I did hate you for going to Miami, but now I understand why. You left, and immediately won two championships. You still have a few years left in your career, so if you want to chase Jordan, you have to go elsewhere. I won't even be mad if you go back to Miami.

You guys may think that this is some attempt just to get attention, but my activity on the board has declined drastically. I am tired of waiting for things to turn around. Tired of the asshole , cheapskate owners of these Cleveland teams that don't do enough to ensure that their team has enough to get over the top. Always a day late and a dollar short. It's a story line that has no end.

Say it aint so......... Ezra summed it up........Keep the faith NEO, keep the faith. Successful season this yr, even if we don't win it all this yr. And a lot of the guys opinions I really respect on this forum have some good feelings about out Brownies this yr. Its turning around in front of you, just cant have it all at once. Ive just learned not to expect too much from them, and I'm not let down near as bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    Say it aint so......... Ezra summed it up........Keep the faith NEO, keep the faith. Successful season this yr, even if we don't win it all this yr. And a lot of the guys opinions I really respect on this forum have some good feelings about out Brownies this yr. Its turning around in front of you, just cant have it all at once. Ive just learned not to expect too much from them, and I'm not let down near as bad.
    Don't get your hopes up fellas he's talking about me here!

Good point about the Brownies looking up as well. 2 years ago the Tribe would have been my bet for which of the 3 had the best chance to win it all first, now they're barely holding onto second....and the Browns are closing fast.

If the Cavs lose it will be a swift kick in the nuts, to be sure. But the normally empty phrase "there's always next year" actually rings true here. It was late in the game when we knew LBJ was coming.....I'm gonna give Griff a full season to get us some depth. I feel pretty good about it.

Go Cavs Go Browns Go Tribe (Detroit is owning their dumb asses )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    Holy fuck Neo's going over the edge Someone get the Cleveland sports fan defibrillator! Clear! (listening for breathing)

It's going to happen....I believe it will...if not this year then the next or the next.

If you bring him (LBJ), they will come. I'm not giving up on this season by any stretch, but I am very sure we're about to get some pretty damn excellent help coming our way next season....players will want to come and be a part of it....not to mention getting the big 3 back to full strength. We will OWN the east..FOR YEARS..and we will eventually prevail. The fact that we have come this far, this year, is a freaking fairy tail come true.

Next year this team will look totally different.....and......Next year......we'll be a Juggernaut.

This is the Cleveland sports fan life preserver I am clinging to atm.
    This is addressed to Neo, mostly. Sure, Cleveland sports teams have endured more than their share of fluke bounces, and bad luck. Heck- what other NBA team has lost TWO all stars in the playoffs?

UM, we've already taken two games from the almighty Warriors minus Love and Irving- I dare to say with them- we're going back to Oakland up 3-1.

Look Neo- I feel your pain. I'm old enough to remember when the Browns won it all back in 1964, and I've dealt with every heartbreak since. I'm not checking out just because a couple of fluke injuries MAY derail us this year. Put the shoe on the other foot- take Klay Thompson, Green and Barnes off the Warriors- against a full strength Cavs team- we're already chugging the champagne. So yeah- shit happens- and it seems to happen more often to Cleveland sports teams. At least there's people still alive that can remember the last time Cleveland won a Championship- which is more than cam be said for Cubs fans. And we're not the "Lovable Losers" legions of Le Bron haters out there.

As Le Bron said- we've been dealt a short hand against a stacked deck. Or would you rather have another #1 pick in the draft lottery? The Cavs are relevant again.

BTW- if the Cavs DO pull off the miracle- it's shades of 1964. NO ONE in the press gave the Browns a chance in hell of beating the Colts.
    Last edited by hoorta; 06-13-2015 at 01:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair thought:

IF somehow CLE doesn't win even one Championship with LeBron ending his career with the Cavs, will we then have enough evidence to unquestionably constitute a CURSE over the sports City of CLE?

(I think that does it...)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Groza View Post
    Fair thought:

IF somehow CLE doesn't win even one Championship with LeBron ending his career with the Cavs, will we then have enough evidence to unquestionably constitute a CURSE over the sports City of CLE?

(I think that does it...)

Probably. But- assuming the Cavs can resign Thompson & keep the big 3 healthy, add some upgrades over Miller and Marion (who should both retire)- I wouldn't bet against them.

Post Thanks / Like

Neo went over the edge years ago. lol

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoorta View Post
    This is addressed to Neo, mostly. Sure, Cleveland sports teams have endured more than their share of fluke bounces, and bad luck. Heck- what other NBA team has lost TWO all stars in the playoffs?

UM, we've already taken two games from the almighty Warriors minus Love and Irving- I dare to say with them- we're going back to Oakland up 3-1.

Look Neo- I feel your pain. I'm old enough to remember when the Browns won it all back in 1964, and I've dealt with every heartbreak since. I'm not checking out just because a couple of fluke injuries MAY derail us this year. Put the shoe on the other foot- take Klay Thompson, Green and Barnes off the Warriors- against a full strength Cavs team- we're already chugging the champagne. So yeah- shit happens- and it seems to happen more often to Cleveland sports teams. At least there's people still alive that can remember the last time Cleveland won a Championship- which is more than cam be said for Cubs fans. And we're not the "Lovable Losers" legions of Le Bron haters out there.

As Le Bron said- we've been dealt a short hand against a stacked deck. Or would you rather have another #1 pick in the draft lottery? The Cavs are relevant again.

BTW- if the Cavs DO pull off the miracle- it's shades of 1964. NO ONE in the press gave the Browns a chance in hell of beating the Colts.
    I grew up in the 80's when the Browns were average. Don't even remember the fumble, or the drive. I never seen them when they had all the legendary players. I never seen a Cleveland team do anything. Had my heart pulled out twice by the tribe and now and going on twice now with the Cavs. I just can't deal with it anymore. I grew up in an era where every Cleveland sports team has just flat out sucked, or they were good enough to give you some hope, only to pull your beating heart out of your body and stomp on it right in front of you.

I said it a million fucking times before the playoffs started that the Cavs needed Kevin Love, so what happens? Kelly Olynyk damn near rips Kevin Love's arm off his body and we never really hear much about it, like it's a normal thing. And only gets one game for it. In fact, we needed both Love AND Irving for at the very least that we wouldn't be facing the situation that we are now, a depleted and spent team that is practically going to hand GS the championship simply because there legs are gone. I could stand losing fair and square, but what kind of shit is that? Only in Cleveland does that happen.
    Last edited by Neo; 06-13-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There are fan bases who know only heartbreak, like Toronto who have only seen star after star leave town. Imagine LeBron leaving and then getting Wiggins and he later decides to leave town too. They've only had a few playoff seasons, two being recent years and the way they collapsed would make your head spin. Plus growing up watching the 15-20 win Vancouver Grizzlies. Cleveland's been mediocre but they've been far from as consistently terrible as those two teams (Memphis has turned it around but mostly in recent years). A lot of sports fans would be overjoyed with a finals appearance.

Baseball, yeah I can't argue with that. The Jays are in a 20+ year drout. In fact no Canadian sports team has won a major championship since the Jays won their second and the Canadiens won the Cup in the same year. Vancouver twice (rioting after each loss lmao), Edmonton and Calgary have all lost in 7 games. I'm only a Canucks fan but our nation rallies around whoever is in the playoffs typically. The Jays have not been relevant. And I agree, The Tribe's loss was heartbreaking. I loved watching that team. Kenny Lofton was a hell of a baller.

I feel your frustration Neo but come on man. You haven't given the Cavs a shot at all this whole series. What's the point of even watching then?
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 06-13-2015 at 11:03 PM.
    BROWNS 2017: BREAK OUT THE BBQ, WE'RE GRILLING RATBIRD THIS WEEK!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I grew up in the 80's when the Browns were average. Don't even remember the fumble, or the drive. I never seen them when they had all the legendary players. I never seen a Cleveland team do anything. Had my heart pulled out twice by the tribe and now and going on twice now with the Cavs. I just can't deal with it anymore. I grew up in an era where every Cleveland sports team has just flat out sucked, or they were good enough to give you some hope, only to pull your beating heart out of your body and stomp on it right in front of you.

I said it a million fucking times before the playoffs started that the Cavs needed Kevin Love, so what happens? Kelly Olynyk damn near rips Kevin Love's arm off his body and we never really hear much about it, like it's a normal thing. And only gets one game for it. In fact, we needed both Love AND Irving for at the very least that we wouldn't be facing the situation that we are now, a depleted and spent team that is practically going to hand GS the championship simply because there legs are gone. I could stand losing fair and square, but what kind of shit is that? Only in Cleveland does that happen.
    Nah- it happens to the Cubs too. Regarding the Tribe, one of the reasons I don't follow baseball, other than the season is way too long and the salary scale is insane. IS- In the years I remember over a 22 year span 1959- 1982 the Tribe was below .500 17 of those years (including a 102 loss season) they sucked so bad they weren't even worth watching. The paying customers agreed- as in 20 of those years they didn't even draw a million fans. Seriously, when there was talk of moving the team- I could have cared less if they stayed or went.

If the Cavs lose this series- at least they have an excuse, and there's hope for next year- though I'm running out of next years fast. So you don't remember the Drive or Fumble- I remember 'em like it was yesterday. I can tell you this with some certainty. I handled the Drive pretty well- but after the Fumble I couldn't talk to people for a couple of days. BTW- I was in the stands in what was to become the Dawg Pound for Red Right 88. Play happened right in front of me- if you want a recurring football nightmare. Riverboat Sam should have trotted out Cockroft for the chip shot.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant speak on the tribe as I am a Reds fan, although we have had some shitty MLB seasons since 1990. Mid market teams just cant afford the players that the yanks and sox types can. We find them, they become elite, then they leave to go get paid. Same shit over and over. Our Browns and Cavs are a different story tho. I enjoy rooting for my Cleveland clubs, especially living 15 min north of Cincy. A lot of people laugh or feel sorry for me, but they definitely know I'm one loyal S.O.B. Its gonna make it so much sweeter when we give the division a big shitburger to eat, and the Browns are on track to do so. Cavs are already elite. A few more seasons Neo, and all the sorrow and heartbreak will be well worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW- I was in the stands in what was to become the Dawg Pound for Red Right 88. Play happened right in front of me- if you want a recurring football nightmare. Riverboat Sam should have trotted out Cockroft for the chip shot.

The wind was absolutely horrid that day. You were there- HOW MANY field goals did Cockroft miss? (I think it was all 3 tried - AND an extra point.) Rutigliano was going for it on 4th in scoring position for several possessions before Red Right 88. I agree he should've kicked it, HINDSIGHT, but Cockcroft couldn't hit a barn that day and QB Sipe was pulling magic out his ass left & right to win games. Sam had faith & the magic failed...

O.I.C. --- R.I.P. -it's gotta end one day soon
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 06-14-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Listen to Hutch.

Post Thanks / Like

- I was in the stands in what was to become the Dawg Pound for Red Right 88. Play happened right in front of me- if you want a recurring football nightmare. Riverboat Sam should have trotted out Cockroft for the chip shot.
    The last late season game i attended. lol
    Sam can still show his face in town too smh
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm