Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Opts Out

Post Thanks / Like

Default Love Opts Out

Does he re-sign?

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Don't get me wrong, this is a money move but part of me wonders if he doesn't want to go somewhere where he will be a more immersive component of a teams offense rather than a glorified stretch 4.

Thoughts?
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does he re-sign?

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Don't get me wrong, this is a money move but part of me wonders if he doesn't want to go somewhere where he will be a more immersive component of a teams offense rather than a glorified stretch 4.

Thoughts?
    Hard to say man. If it were a money issue, I would think he would've opted in for 1 more year, then looked to sign elsewhere the year after as the salary cap raises, as does the max contract number. Will he sign somewhere else for only a year? I think everything was fine until all the sign and trade rumors started popping up. Probably figures he can go play for a year somewhere he wants to be as opposed to being traded somewhere he doesn't want to be. At the end of the day, I think he wants a ring or two, and his best chance at that IMO is in Cleveland. If he doesn't come back, they'll be players who want to come to get some rings.

Post Thanks / Like

He leaves I will spit on his grave. lol
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    Hard to say man. If it were a money issue, I would think he would've opted in for 1 more year, then looked to sign elsewhere the year after as the salary cap raises, as does the max contract number. Will he sign somewhere else for only a year? I think everything was fine until all the sign and trade rumors started popping up. Probably figures he can go play for a year somewhere he wants to be as opposed to being traded somewhere he doesn't want to be. At the end of the day, I think he wants a ring or two, and his best chance at that IMO is in Cleveland. If he doesn't come back, they'll be players who want to come to get some rings.
    Good point.

I am always weary of media reports. Sensationalism over the truth and all that. It's about as bad as what we discuss on message forums.

I, off the top of my head, can't think of a better situation for him to land in than CLE but he seems like a low key guy who would not mind being less of a target. Some of the shit written about him was ridiculous and I dunno how thick his skin is.

Regardless, he was a big boost to our team. Who would we pursue to replace him if it came to that?
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

He gets 2 Million for opting out... we would all do the same. we knew this would happen. the only difference is he got hurt. will that make him think of his BB mortality ? thus sign for more than just 1 year.

On the management side you will be paying him to play only half of a season if that next year.
    Think/ hope he will resign with us. my hope is he talks to LBJ and he will come back if they can David. if he goes blame David who did know how to use him. who should have been kissing up to him all year knowing this day would come. but Mr Magoo sexed that up too. great job... not
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

He's a California born west coast kid. Played HS ball in Oregon and went to UCLA. Im sure the Lakers and Trail Blazers would be a great mutual fit for him. Im torn here, we give tt a ton of money to to be 6th man or let Love go and put our efforts into TT and finding another replacement 4 backup (Montrez Harrell)? who knows, all I know is, if he wants a ring, he'll side with the king. Bottom line, he stays in Cleveland, hes third in line in offensive pecking order. Not Davids fault, just the way it is. Kyrie and King score better IMO. He's a stretch 4, too small to be a 5, not quick enough or good enough handles to play the three.

Post Thanks / Like

Any chance at LaMarcus Aldridge? Or is that next year?

Remember mmw, Love isn't a max player lmao!

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I think he stays. I'm with TBPP also...if he leaves I will open up a Kevin Love toilet paper store. I'll put him right beside the Carlos the user loser Boozer TP.

He'll look really bad if he leaves imo. I'm not sure about a sign and trade. I think he'll have to ok it and then he can't be traded again for 3 years I believe I heard...hence missing out on the big pay day when the caps go up. I heard the Lakers rumors and even some Celtics rumors but I have to believe he wants to win....so he must stay to do that.

As Mad said, it depends on his willingness to gamble...if he stays and goes short term and gets hurt he could be screwed. If he goes 5 year now he'll miss out on some monies but have guaranteed cash in hand. It will be interesting to see.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he's split in his heart. He'd like to stay, but he's really frustrated with how he was used... what little he was asked to contribute on offense. He doesn't like that LeBron prefers him out at the 3 line rather than around the rim (LeBron wants it cleared out around the rim for his drives).

A radio station caught up with one of Love's best friends from his youthful days in Oregon & the friend said that Kevin really is bummed & upset with the way CLE treated him on offense. But that he also had a lot of fun winning so much & could see himself staying despite his frustration.

The friend said that he thought Kevin would ultimately sign a shorter deal in CLE, but he's serious about talking with other teams to see if their plans to win a Championship are something he'd rather be a part of. He didn't think the difference in money CLE can offer him would ultimately make that much difference to Kevin to be considered a deciding factor. He said Kevin's all about winning Championships and wants to be in the best place for him to do that. He's going to listen to what a few other teams will say, but he believes there's a very good chance of winning Championships in Cleveland.

Post Thanks / Like

LeBron said that he'll be the last to sign with CLE, but he's not likely going anywhere.

He said he just wants to see who the Cavs bring in & bring back... there's a lot of moving parts right now and he needs a clearer picture before he puts pen to paper. He needs to know he has in CLE what it will take to win the Championship in 2016.

No one's mentioned it, but I think it's financially possible for LeBron to go back to Miami. His old friends are there, they have a new scoring PG Dragic & a dominant big man, Whiteside.... and they just drafted lil' LeBron, Justise Winslow, who will help on D, ensure they're okay when Wade sits out, and would help extend LBJ's career over the years because he can fill in & reduce LeBron's minutes.

If LBJ went back to Miami again, nearly the whole sports world would hate him... he'd be Villain #1, like he was when he left the first time. Fans don't like stars aligning for easy Championships. I think LeBron still has his intercoastal home there; it hasn't sold because Miami is black-balling him for leaving.

Scary Thought... LBJ may believe he's got a better shot for the 2016 title in Miami, especially if Love leaves!

What's weird is, because the new money for team doesn't kick in for another year, all these stars are going to want contracts now where they can opt out again next yr when they can sign a bigger deal with the new money finally available.
    Theoretically, LeBron could leave for MIA for one season and then return to CLE for the long-term. Everyone would hate him by then, but he may go back to MIA if he thinks they're better suited for a championship going forward.

Even if Love does leave, and LaMarcus Aldridge goes to San Antonio, like most expect... I think LeBron returns with his friends Kyrie and Tristan Thompson to build with. Perhaps DeAndre Jordan could be had from LAC, after all, in that case. He's a free agent, and only 26 like Kevin Love, but thought to be staying with the Clippers. Or Wade comes to CLE... SOMETHING will be done... CLE will be a top destination for all FA's serious about winning Championships.
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 06-28-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyonr is gone

Post Thanks / Like

Of course you do MTT.

Lebron just opted out.

The sky is falling.

And if Lebron forces us to sign his good buddy Rich Paul's client TT to a max contract, I will shit myself in annoyance.

Every time someone suggests TT is worth a max contract, my eyes roll back in my head and I snicker.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand the sport at all. Cavs were inches from winning a championship with everyone on the roster in hospital, it seems wise to just re-sign and get it done next season. It was obvious the Cavs were the best team in the league, just not the healthiest. So what's the hold up on year two?

Lebron has to stay. He wants to prove he's the greatest of all time, and the only way that's even going to be remotely possible is with a Cleveland title. He could record better numbers than Jordan for the next 6/7 years but it won't mean shit unless he's lifting the title in a Cavs jersey in at least one of those seasons. It's a shit stain on his legacy. And, let's be real, Basketball is very much a one man sport. Lebron's team is going to perform, people want to play with him.

Kyrie will be back, Lebron will be back, and those two alone might be enough. If Love comes back for another season, it's almost guaranteed to be title time. Shit, even without him the Cavs might be able to get their hands on some talented role players who can compliment their way to a title.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like such an easy decision for everyone to stay in Cleveland. Fuck a few million elsewhere, I'd be taking that title in Cleveland - A city that will immortalize those who bring titles home.

Post Thanks / Like

Understanding begins with ballers being very greedy. The best want to get paid, just like football, and the very best can command large salaries.

I like your overall perspective except it's not a one man sport, or Cleveland would have persevered. Even MJ had Pippen and Rodman (one of the best rebounder/defenders of all time). Kobe had Shaq, and later Pau. LeBron has had Wade and Bosh in Miami.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

NBA is a different world from the NFL.

A lot more egos and prima donas.

Lebron isn't going anywhere. He'd be the most hated man in sports if he left Cleveland. You don't write a letter like he wrote to announce your return to a city that loves you then peace out after one year when you were 2 wins shy of winning the title.

Love will most likely re-sign because he knows his chances for a ring are the best in Cleveland than anywhere else.

As far as TT getting a max contract... TT deserves a better deal but not a max $ deal.
    Last edited by next2nothing; 06-29-2015 at 06:24 PM.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    I think everyonr is gone
    False. Mike Miller just signed his player option for next season.... for fuckin $2.8M (that's fuckin extortion!)

Post Thanks / Like

I just read Love is coming back to Cleveland, 5 years, 110 million? Anyone else heard that?

Post Thanks / Like

"I'm going back to Cleveland.

After Game 1 of the NBA Finals, that’s when it really struck me. Sitting on the sidelines, I never wanted to play in a game more than that one. I had dreamed of playing in the NBA Finals and I just wanted to help my guys win. I couldn’t have been prouder of them as they poured their blood, sweat and tears onto the court.

Yeah, of course I’ve heard the free agency rumors. But at the end of the day, and after meeting with my teammates (it turns out pools are great meeting places) and with the front office, it was clear Cleveland was the place for me. We’re all on the same page and we’re all in. We have unfinished business and now it’s time to get back to work." - Kevin Love

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I just heard the same thing, Fatkid.

Love just agreed to sign with the CAVS for 5 years at $110M. That's $22M/year. Mozgov, Thompson, and Varejao will get you 30 points and 30 rebounds night in and night out. At worst, they will get you 24 points and 24 rebounds. Throw Love into the mix and you'll still get 30 points and 30 rebounds with $10M sitting on the bench wasting away.

I love me some Love, but gimme the 30 points and 30 rebounds without Love to free up $22M worth of Dribbling/Slashing/Passing/Shooting Guard and I'd be happy to see Love in another uniform.

-Al
    Last edited by Geech; 07-01-2015 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    will that make him think of his BB mortality ? thus sign for more than just 1 year.
    Nailed that lol
    all the talking heads missed it....... just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Tristan and Shumperts contracts will cost us a valuable rotation player we could have if they were signed to market deals.

I can't understand why David Griffin is deciding to pay them MORE than any other team will give them... that's NOT good business.
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 07-02-2015 at 03:12 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    Nailed that lol
    all the talking heads missed it....... just saying
    Good call! Most of the national talking heads are a joke....unplugged and looking for headlines. Part of their job is to stir up shit....getting it right is secondary at best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Groza View Post
    Tristan and Shumperts contracts will take cost us a valuable rotation player we could have if they were signed to market deals.

I can't understand why David Griffin is deciding to pay them MORE than any other team will give them... that's NOT good business.
    I couldn't agree more...but apparently...it's the price we have to pay to conduct it. If we can get one....just one title out of it I'll gladly let Dan pay out his ass (God bless that man btw) and go back to sucking ass for another 30 years. I heard every team in the league will receive a check from Dan for around 3 million bones, give or take, with the luxury taxes. The owners will not be happy with him for spending like this.

Fuck um.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    I couldn't agree more...but apparently...it's the price we have to pay to conduct it. If we can get one....just one title out of it LBJ gladly let Dan pay out his ass (God bless that man btw) and go back to sucking ass for another 30 years. I heard every team in the league will receive a check from Dan for around 3 million bones, give or take, with the luxury taxes. The owners will not be happy with him for spending like this.

Fuck um.
    You nailed that