• 15 mil

1 8.33%
  • 17.5 mil

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tristan Thompson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tristan Thompson

Thompson's long-term maximum deal would be about $70 million for four years.
    http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index...ibbles_24.html

This deal would be a gift from LBJ via Dan. it's 30 mil more imo than he's worth.
    I'm no cap guru but that extra 7.5 mil would be better spent on a bench player that can handle the ball and shoot.

As always some of these guys on the list below are just paid too much if he gets 17.5 mil add him to the over paid. he's not Blake Griffin, Zach Randolph or LaMarcus Aldridge all the players 12 - 18 are better.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/salaries

On the other side LBJ is worth 20- 40 mil more a year than he can get due to the cap so it well evens out. lol
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://fredsitelive.com/books/religion/genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

If you remove his rebounding proficiency he's not even a sixth man let alone a starter. Love the guy, but only at the right price.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Not worth the max imo but TT having Lebron's agent will probably see him get payed more from Dan Gilbert

Post Thanks / Like

The question now is where does TT go to get his offer that Gilbert can match. who is going to say .. yes TT we are willing to pay you 13 + million ?
    this could get funny.

Post Thanks / Like

We look at the typical numbers now, but in 2016 EVERY TEAM will have an additional $20M to spend on their 15-man roster.

So, some of the contracts being agreed to now --like perhaps Tristan's-- will reflect that boost coming soon from the new TV deal revenue.

So if Tristan is a $10-12m valuation by typical standards.... it's no biggie to pay him $14-15m/season with the $20M hike to spread across the roster.

It's why so many guys just opted out to become free agents....because teams are willing to dole out some deals according to the increased salary structure that will be coming in 2016.

I'd pay Tristan up to $15m, but I'd rather it be $12m. I'll be really shocked if he gets a max deal, which equals $17.5m/season for a player of his service time. I'd rather have DeAndre Jordan or Jimmy Butler if we're getting up into that stratosphere of salary!

Under no circumstance should we pay Tristan MORE than the highest offer another team is willing to make him, and I doubt that's much more than $12M, because he only scores 8 pts a game! It's not like a young Carlos Boozer who scored 18-20 a game...

Post Thanks / Like

Reports saying he's being offered 80 million over 5 years. Thanks LBJ.

Like I said ...the good with the bad.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Jeeeeeeesus...
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeeeeeeesus...

I 2nd that! Hope he gets to work offensively from 18 feet and In. I didn't realize that 9 pts 8rebs and 1 block a game was worth so much money in this league

Post Thanks / Like

Windy thinks it could top out at a max contract before all is said and done.....90 mill or so. He's getting Kyrie money if that happens. The price to pay to keep The King happy....I guess we'll have to take it.

Love....check

TT.....check

Shump....check

Delly next?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatkid View Post
    I 2nd that! Hope he gets to work offensively from 18 feet and In. I didn't realize that 9 pts 8rebs and 1 block a game was worth so much money in this league
    I knew his efforts in the playoffs would earn him a payday but this is ridiculous...

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Shumpert just QUADRUPLED his salary and now Tristan wants to do the same thing!

I thought they should be happy just doubling their salaries... damn!
    JR is getting crap for asking $8M, and he's already been at $6.5M.... he's just asking his share of the inflation that should be coming for all players...

Shumpert's is the worst deal. Holy SHIT... he's a $5M guy, not a $10M guy, dammit. Grif better be damn sure his offense is getting better; 34% from 3 and 40% overall isn't nearly good enough from him for $10M/yr!!! No way!

.... but if Tristan gets even $80M, David Griffin is fuckin' nuts! Tristan will never have anything resembling a jumper to score more than 12ppg, and he sucks at free throws... so even paying $14M/season is too much!! Be hard with him... let him get other offers; he doesn't want to leave! Can't pay him more than anyone else will....not both him AND Shumpert.... or Griff's just ridiculous!

Post Thanks / Like

LBJ running this show Lou

who voted 15 mil ? please tell me why
    this was a poll for his worth. not a guessing game of what he would get. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently LBJ told them to pay him a dollar for every free throw he missed last yr................

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record in the finals he ended up being a - 57. smh

Post Thanks / Like

First team All-Rebounds

It's literally the only thing he does well. And he can put it back... Been hoping an offensive game would develop. Why give a guy whose best skill is neither offense/defence any more than 12mill? I struggle to see a more rational argument other than "because LBJ"...
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 07-02-2015 at 07:59 PM.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Andy was pretty terrible offensively at one point and shored it up nicely....prolly with some help from Z. There's still hope for TT...and I am VERY positive about him putting in the work. Maybe he needs to change back to the other shooting hand again lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    First team All-Rebounds

It's literally the only thing he does well. And he can put it back... Been hoping an offensive game would develop. Why give a guy whose best skill is neither offense/defense any more than 12mill? I struggle to see a more rational argument other than "because LBJ"...
    Because Deandre Jordan got even more, and is the worst FT shooter in the NBA?

Post Thanks / Like

Jordan can actually defend in addition to rebound. He should be earning more IMO.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Deandre will miss his Pal (lol) CP3.
    trading in LA for Dallas ........ I guess ..not

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    LBJ running this show Lou

who voted 15 mil ? please tell me why
    this was a poll for his worth. not a guessing game of what he would get. lol
    His name rhymes with Manziel the truth...
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

I read a Windy article that said TT and Cavs are at an impass, so to speak. If TT is holding them hostage for 90 mill he is freaking delusional, not to mention NOT a team player....and I won't be happy with him...not that he gives a shit obviously....but it'll piss me off.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm already on the verge of thinking he can fuck off for the 70m over 5 years price tag... If he's asking for 90M, that explains why we're looking at David West.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Not my money lol
    this will be the most outrageous Cav's contract ever. eclipsing the Dan Ferry 10 year 25 million by 3 light years. the question is will it hurt the team ? don't think so.
    the Ferry trade cost us a possible ring not the contract.
    Last edited by madmadworld; 07-05-2015 at 12:35 AM.