Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Linebackers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still not getting value from him or Gilbert.
    Both should be kept this year anyhow. Mingo's playing time really diminishes if Orchard rises as I expect he will. It's a shame Mingo is a poor tackler. We could get a lot of use out of his athletic ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Orchard hasn't been doing all that great, but I understand he has an injury of some type. I think it was a back injury? No matter as Blood Bath will start and the rest of the bunch will have to outplay him for minutes. Blood Bath sets a "mother fucking edge" now.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Not really excited about orchard.

When the 2 3rd round picks look like nfl starters and playmakers.....he doesnt seem to even deserve playing time....when mingo has been a bust. Orchard is a miss imo. This draft was loaded and at top of round 2.....and he cant do anything to get playing time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    Not really excited about orchard.

When the 2 3rd round picks look like nfl starters and playmakers.....he doesnt seem to even deserve playing time....when mingo has been a bust. Orchard is a miss imo. This draft was loaded and at top of round 2.....and he cant do anything to get playing time
    LMFAO at calling Orchard a bust after 3 preseason games.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's a little harsh for the bust tag this soon. I'm saying he hasn't distinguished himself, yet.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    Yeah it's a little harsh for the bust tag this soon. I'm saying he hasn't distinguished himself, yet.
    Agree. Not all players adjust to the NFL in 3 preseason games. The talk is that hes thinking to much about where he should be on the field and once he feels comfortable and not thinking so much that his play will improve. Bummer about the injury though.
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see them keep some depth here as well (LB/OLB). Yes, they like depth at DB, but a Hayes Pullard cleaning up the middle is intriguing. Haven't done much research on him, but he's a hitter. Nice to have around in the colder months.

Post Thanks / Like

i never said he was a bust, i just said he isnt doing anything to get playing time. Pullard is a monster. He needs to play and stop the run

Post Thanks / Like

Miss... Bust... What's the difference?
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

not much

Post Thanks / Like

Only one of them ends up with proverbial egg on your face. The coulda shoulda woulda's are just an ego blow if anything.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

Post Thanks / Like

Pullard should have gotten pt.

I think he showed promise. He can stop the run and lay the wood. He brings physicality. This team is soft....and noone wants to hit.

Thats not good sign when you have "tough, old school hard nosed DC as a coach."

Post Thanks / Like

You're too eager to criticize Pettine for any reason.

The Defensive woes fall on O'Neil for sure, and sure Pettine deserves some blame. But coaches aren't out there making plays bud.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Players play according to how their coached,schemed, andleadership.

We dont have any of fucking those.

This team is soft bitch made.
    Pettine is a coward.

He needs take control of this team.

Bellicheck wouldnt have 32 ranked defense. Team has 0 indentity bc has no leaders in lockerroom.

Thomas schwartz mack whitner bowe dez bryant all need to go. Flatout.

Farmer and pettine cant coexist. Oneil pettine marriage has sank the ship.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checking, but Pettine's in the shit because we lost Hayes Pullard? Okay.

Firstly, Pettine doesn't have control over the 53. That's Farmer. Whinge about him.

Secondly, it's fucking Hayes Pullard.

Thirdly, the next time someone says that Joe Thomas "needs to go" I am just going to fucking snap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Thirdly, the next time someone says that Joe Thomas "needs to go" I am just going to fucking snap.
    Couldn't agree more.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok well draft ezekiel elliot and if he cant get 1300 then this line is trash and wayyy overpaid and overrated.

Bitonio best lineman we got.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post

Bitonio 3rd best lineman we got.
    Fixed, even in your own style.

Post Thanks / Like

Hayes Pullard III got his first NFL start today with the Jags. 9 tackles.

The Jags D didn't do well, but Brees has been a scoring machine lately.

Pullard another example of Pett's misjudgment of players? Time will tell.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    Pettine does not have control over the 53. Anyone not on the roster or practice squad is entirely at the behest of Ray Farmer. Blame him, not Pettine.

Great tackle by Pullard, but it's pretty easy to make a tackle when you're unblocked. Ironically, I watched the game and didn't even hear his name called.

Also, while we're here, props to Nate Orchard. Dude has been killing it lately. Today he had a sack and a 46 yard interception return. He needs to get stronger, but it's encouraging. Wonder if it alleviates the Browns desire to select an OLB and, rightfully, turns the focus to DE.

QB permitting, of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    Hayes Pullard III got his first NFL start today with the Jags. 9 tackles.

The Jags D didn't do well, but Brees has been a scoring machine lately.

Pullard looked great -- saw some of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Pullard looked great -- saw some of the game.
    9 tackles in your first start isn't bad last I checked. Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Pettine does not have control over the 53. Anyone not on the roster or practice squad is entirely at the behest of Ray Farmer. Blame him, not Pettine.

Great tackle by Pullard, but it's pretty easy to make a tackle when you're unblocked. Ironically, I watched the game and didn't even hear his name called.

Also, while we're here, props to Nate Orchard. Dude has been killing it lately. Today he had a sack and a 46 yard interception return. He needs to get stronger, but it's encouraging. Wonder if it alleviates the Browns desire to select an OLB and, rightfully, turns the focus to DE.

QB permitting, of course.
    Browns still need a lot more help at both ILB and OLB. For the first pick, get whoever is the best player among DEs and LBs. Browns simply need playmakers everywhere -- and people who can TACKLE.