Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Fantasy Football

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel is gonna light up 2nd half of season and playoffs. 3tds a game

Post Thanks / Like

Commish,

Can the scoring be leveled?
    Why PPR when WR lately have had a boost on RBs in production?
    No need for milestone bonuses when production is rewarded....
    Those bonuses of 5 pts easily throw the game when a big day from a player is already reward enough!

level scoring is best...
    Can QBs TD passes go back to 4 pts? QBs are powerful enough in fantasy, as it is.

Nothing's worse in fantasy than when a kicker or a defense scores as big as stud players....

Let's have all FGs be 3 pts (50+ can be worth 4, if there needs to be a concession for wild scoring)

Defensive scoring is best scaled back, as I've gathered from those I've played with...
    I suggest:

Sacks ..........1
    INTs .............2
    Fums............1
    TDs .............3 (already pts added for turnover)
    Safety...........3 (well earned and rare)
    block............2
    Ret TD.........4 (better than 3, but not 6... this isn't an individual RB/WR you drafted)

This is where most D points are scaled back, but it's also more level:
    Points Allowed:
    Zero ............7 (10)
    1-6 ...........5 (7)
    7-13 ...........3 (4)
    14-20 ..........1 (1)
    21-27 ..........0 (0)
    28-34 .........-1 (-1)
    35+ ...........-2 (-4)

These changes make scoring and the game of Fantasy Football more true in it's reward of good ownership.
    As it is - the league's current scoring methods are far too FLUKEY.

The adjusted points allowed scoring is more level because the range is -2 to 7, not -4 to 10!
    Defenses will score slightly less, but still have their impact, they just shouldn't score as high some weeks as the top stud RB performer... which is ALWAYS maddening. Also, there will be more mid-range defenses scoring competitively, which makes the waiver wire on Defenses more lively as the season drains on.

The suggested defensive scoring only bumps the ideal drafting of defenses back a round or two, nothing major.

These differences are a much more true, honest, rewarding and pleasing way to score fantasy football.

We've got to come to some common sense over this so the most deserving owner is properly rewarded by the scoring system.

Freakin' standard scoring would be better than what is currently set!
    What's currently set would be great for Looneys that haven't really played before... I tried it once... it sucked.
    Last edited by Lou Groza; 08-13-2015 at 12:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

All TD's are 6 pts. I typoed there for QB's lol. It's not minus 2. I'll have to tinker on the laptop when I have time but I may not have the power... Is anyone else as opposed as LG?

Its QB interceptions that are -2 pts
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 08-13-2015 at 02:30 AM.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I figured it out lol so if others want points adjusted too, I can do that.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm down with whatevs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmBrown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you still need an another team? I'll go in on some FFL. Going to play some with my cousins and sister for the first time this year.
    Yeah we need one more...hop on in.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bearing with me, EE.

I can get fired up pretty quick, especially when something's maddening to me. I apologize for whatever heat I convey.

We're workin it out, and we're getting close...

I really appreciate your cool in the matter. I just want to close the door on the spoof factor.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I just hope you appreciate we're here to have fun. I don't mind tinkering but keep in mind this is probably a morw casual league than usual for you

I've also had some fun messing with you.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 08-13-2015 at 10:51 PM.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

We still need one more to make an even 14.

Comon you lily livered cock gobblers!!!!!

Stand up and be counted for what you are about to receive
    We are the dealers
    We'll give you everything you need

I'm just talkin shit I've never won a league

Post Thanks / Like

We've still got room for one more team. LG, let me know if the recent change I made (getting rid of the contentious defensive yards allowed stats I added to troll you) is adequate. I like where it's at right now but I'm open to adjusting it a bit more.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Who do I contact? do you need my email?

"Typical "smartest man in the room" syndrome." - Pot, meet kettle.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow this link, make sure you've got a Yahoo! Sports account.

https://yho.com/nfl?l=94230&k=52dbfb...eecc52c9c22d96

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

We're currently full at 14 teams. If two more players want to join we can expand to 16 but that's as large a league as I want to roll with.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I am open to Sundays, or whatever the majority wants. I will just make sure to set my board beforehand in case I can't be there..

Thanks for handling commish duties EE.
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 08-18-2015 at 01:26 PM.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

I have a draft at my local BW3's at the same time as this draft. I am going to try and do both but there may be a lot of auto drafting. Apologies ahead of time. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

Lmao it's all good. High likelyhood I'll miss the draft (again ><) due to work.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I am good with whatever as well...I try to make my bones on the waiver wire anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned I have draft day off from work! The gods were kind, as I did not ask for it off lol. Thinking of moving the draft back to around 4pm, 5 central, 6 eastern time. Is this better/worse. There seems to be a number of conflicts but I'd like to keep the same day at least.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Who is clogging up my mailbox with all the fantasy football points crap??? lol...

This is a just for fun league I thought....is everyone happy now??
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

They better be lmao. I'm done making changes and concessions...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Also seems that a couple of coaches are having a trash talking back-and-forth (With a bit of spite on the side)

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, man. We still need one more?? Someone light a fire under Malcom's ass...or did he sign up and I'm just a moron? Don't answer that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also seems that a couple of coaches are having a trash talking back-and-forth (With a bit of spite on the side)

EEEEEvil...

Are we gonna have that 14th team filled?

Does the link need posted in the main threads (Browns) again... or does someone need to recruit one more guy on the down-low instead?

One more fix is NEEDED .... take out RETURN YDS scoring. One little tick of your time.

FOUR guys weighed in and feel strong about it, that it should be nixed. 4 out of 4 that weighed in; unanimous among the spoken.

That's it... and IT'S DONE, IT'S ALLLLLLLLLL DONE.

I really appreciate you.

Can we get a list of the "Whosall" of Who's All in the league? Linking BH Screenames to the fantasy teams?

Post Thanks / Like

EE I'm sending you an 8 page report along with a 19 point presentation on how to run a ff league, please surrender to all my badgering and demands otherwise I will force you to look at my below average results since 2008.
    just beat it