Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Trump - A Threat to the Illuminati?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you surely understand the 2 different approaches.
    Yeah, it's clearly two different people with two completely different views.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doing this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nasus View Post
    Yeah, it's clearly two different people with two completely different views.
    So you didn't major in communications ?
    not that is necessary to communicate. but being facetious doesn't help.
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Cognitive dissonance - the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.

Before I start, if you respond to nothing else, answer these questions. What do you like about Trump? Do you find him to be honest, and do you think he cares about the everyday ordinary American? Do his policies reflect that caring for the everyday American? What has he done - or what do you think Trump will do in his time remaining as president that will benefit you the most?

That back and forth video is showing a Businessman vs a person running for elected office for the first time in his life.
    you surely understand the 2 different approaches.
    The way you phrase this, it's like the businessman and the person running for office are different people. Was he lying when he was was a businessman, and if so why? Was he lying when he was a candidate, and if so why? Or are we to believe that he actually changed his mind on all of these issues. Hint hint - his flop flopping started right when he noticed there were many in rural America that won't say it but they didn't really like a black guy in the white house. He asks himself, "What views would these people have? Let me take on those views and see if I can strike a chord with these voters." So he decides to enter the political arena by attacking President Obama for not being born in America, and demanding his birth certificate.

Speaking of demanding documents to prove legitimacy...

Donald Trump - "You MUST produce your birth certificate Obama!"
    Donald Trump - "I don't want to release my tax returns, but transparency is important in the White House!"

Drain the swamp = most millionaires and billionaires in cabinet ever? I personally don't care about his vacation time but he DEMONIZED Obama for taking vacations... said he'd be too busy working to go golfing. Do you REALLY want Trump to kill net neutrality? Have you seen the Obamacare replacement bill? He wants to change libel laws to stop news organizations from honestly reporting what he does, an attack on freedom of speech. Yet today he signed an executive order ordering government not to enforce laws demanding the separation of church and state... giving more freedom of speech to churches who would supposedly be nicer to him. The Trump hypocrisy list is endless. Does none of this matter to you?

Cognitive dissonance - the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes, especially as relating to behavioral decisions and attitude change.
    Last edited by Nasus; 05-04-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok

What do you like about Trump?
    not a career politician. successful in the real world

Do you find him to be honest, and do you think he cares about the everyday ordinary American?
    yes

Do his policies reflect that caring for the everyday American?
    yes

What has he done - or what do you think Trump will do in his time remaining as president that will benefit you the most?
    not sure anything will benefit me directly. but I'm hopeful he will help younger people by not letting other countries take advantage of us as a country. job etc

one question for you. how old are you ?
    not exactly but 20-30 30-40 etc

Post Thanks / Like

My age has nothing to do with president trump. The fact that you ask that question suggests you are an old white man and seek to patronize me. The mental gymnastics or complete lack of political awareness Trump supporters. Just see what happens in 2018 and 2020.

All of his policies are shit, everything he does is shit. Enjoy the last year's of relevancy for your regressive party.

He is a liar and does not give a shit about you, me, or anyone else without $$$ or power.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know the house voted to repeal Obamacare and move us further away from single payer healthcare? go to this link, don't read the article just watch the video. Trump is speaking so no one can misrepresent what he says.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2...-sot-ac360.cnn

Yes, Australia does have better healthcare. No fucking shit you dumbass excuse for a president. They have single payer which you want to move far away from.

Literally in a single day, president trump praised in the oval gardens moving away from single payer, few hours later said that was better than our system.

But you ask me how old I am, as if that is relevant. He's a lying sack of shit and if you can't see that it's because you choose not to. Cognitive dissonance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good-bye

You have no respect for yourself or anyone else by our own choice of words & language. no use wasting my time with you. that's sad if you trust any politician be ready for disappointment. if you had read my posts here you would know me better and know I have no trust in either party.

i asked your age because I've worked with young people all my life and all age groups are a bit different. but you choose to be a racist instead. I can't stand racists.

Post Thanks / Like

Nasus is a prime exhibit A. 27 yr old snowflake.
    just beat it
    Like madmadworld, dangerdom liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Clearly I'm racist for guessing you were an old white man. The Regressive party is gonna die along with it's old, ill informed base. 2018 cannot come soon enough. You must choose to ignore facts. You must suffer from cognitive dissonance. I was naive to think I could de-cult y'all.

Still waiting for a special prosecutor to lock her up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would point out the fact that the election is over. Trump won. He is our President. Get on board and Make America Great Again.

I do not choose to be affiliated with any party myself, but I was truly disgusted with what has become of politics in general. I do not see a status quo approach with our new President and am glad to see the corruption being rooted out. Very disheartened that a portion of disgruntled voters cant accept the election results...truly baffles me that someone is paying people to riot and protest with the goal of disruption of there own nation.
    just beat it
    Like madmadworld, dangerdom liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at my mom's house and she was watching the View. Whoopi actually had a point framed with a question.

The Dems/Hillary were busy carving out a message for minorities, blacks, hispanics, muslims and women. Do you agree the Dems left out the majority? White males? I say yes...hell yes!

I didn't see any message targeted to white men. I was waiting, but fuck no! To be fair Trump didn't have anything directed at white men to, but plenty of his rhetoric inferred it as I recall.

I'm still shocked the View had some relevant conversation. The one girl said she was told if she didn't vote for Hillary she somehow was betraying women in society.

Also I've not heard of any corruption being rooted out. How so?
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Australia's Two-Tiered Health Care System is Already Quasi Private

Understanding the Two Tiered Health System

Two-tier healthcare is a situation that arises when a basic government-provided healthcare system provides basic, medical necessities while a secondary tier of care exists for those who can pay for additional, better quality or faster access. Australia's health-care system is a Two-Tiered care system of public and private providers, settings, participants and supporting mechanisms. Health providers include medical practitioners, nurses, allied and other health professionals, hospitals, clinics and government and non-government agencies. These providers deliver a plethora of services across many levels, from public health and preventive services in the community, to primary health care, emergency health services, hospital-based treatment, and rehabilitation and palliative care.

The first tier are the public sector health services that are provided by all levels of government: local, state, territory and the Australian Government. The second tier are the private sector health service providers which include: private hospitals, medical practices and pharmacies.

Although public hospitals are funded by the state, territory and Australian governments, they are managed by state and territory governments. Private hospitals are owned and operated by the private sector. The Australian Government and state and territory governments fund and deliver a range of other health services, including population health programs, community health services, health and medical research, mental health services, and health infrastructure.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/austr...-quasi-hoskins

Just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    Thought I would point out the fact that the election is over. Trump won. He is our President. Get on board and Make America Great Again.

I do not choose to be affiliated with any party myself, but I was truly disgusted with what has become of politics in general. I do not see a status quo approach with our new President and am glad to see the corruption being rooted out. Very disheartened that a portion of disgruntled voters cant accept the election results...truly baffles me that someone is paying people to riot and protest with the goal of disruption of there own nation.
    I hear you Hammer. I was one of those who chose to give the President the benefit of the doubt after the election although I did not support him during the election and was surprised when he won.

I still support many of the things he is trying to do with respect to jobs and the economy. And I am angry with the Democrats for slow walking his nominations to his cabinet. I think it is ridiculous that he has just now gotten his Deputy Attorney General confirmed. In foreign affairs, I supported the Syrian strike following the chemical attack and actions he has taken with respect to North Korea.

But this Comey think is just outrageous. Was the firing justified? In my opinion, yes, but it didn't need to get ugly like it has. All Mr. Trump needed to say to Mr. Comey was: "Thanks for your service, but I have decided the department would be better off with a new director."

In a way, this all reminds me of Hell. Sometimes I enjoy reading Hell to see some of the crap I missed. Sometimes, KoK and BDU gets off some good ones that are downright amusing after the fact. And I have to admit that I got a kick out of 1956's recent comment not getting "building permits for new places in hell."

But it isn't as amusing when it is the President, even after the fact.
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 05-12-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Understanding the Two Tiered Health System

Two-tier healthcare is a situation that arises when a basic government-provided healthcare system provides basic, medical necessities while a secondary tier of care exists for those who can pay for additional, better quality or faster access. Australia's health-care system is a Two-Tiered care system of public and private providers, settings, participants and supporting mechanisms. Health providers include medical practitioners, nurses, allied and other health professionals, hospitals, clinics and government and non-government agencies. These providers deliver a plethora of services across many levels, from public health and preventive services in the community, to primary health care, emergency health services, hospital-based treatment, and rehabilitation and palliative care.

The first tier are the public sector health services that are provided by all levels of government: local, state, territory and the Australian Government. The second tier are the private sector health service providers which include: private hospitals, medical practices and pharmacies.

Although public hospitals are funded by the state, territory and Australian governments, they are managed by state and territory governments. Private hospitals are owned and operated by the private sector. The Australian Government and state and territory governments fund and deliver a range of other health services, including population health programs, community health services, health and medical research, mental health services, and health infrastructure.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/austr...-quasi-hoskins

Just saying
    There are pros and cons with respect to such a system. An I correct in assuming that you do not support a two tier system of health coverage in this country?
    "A pessimist is one who says: 'Things can't get worse.' And an optimist is one who says, 'Yes they can.'" Alan Dershowitz

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hc

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan View Post
    There are pros and cons with respect to such a system. An I correct in assuming that you do not support a two tier system of health coverage in this country?
    I think we are headed this direction over the next 20 years or so. but the posting was just to show those people........... media included had no idea of their system. when Trump made his comment at that time.

I'm no fan of our Gov healthcare. see the VA. been a low standard forever. imo the VA should be the best healthcare in the Land. as those who serve are the best of us and deserve that. we should all wish we had it. not the case.

Pre ACA our system needed the System reformed. may of the issues we've heard over the years implemented. to lower costs billing, pricing.tort, etc to lower costs. 12- 14 % of gdp being a goal.
    instead he signed a blank check. what he did best by the way.

Obama had the chance to be a hero but he was too soft and just ignorant of the business side to do so. he got in bed with them and got screwed.

below a post of mine from elsewhere. about people dying for lack of care.

What you are saying never happen in this country in my life. they never have died from lack of care from Doctors or hospitals. me and you would have seen it on TV on the local news or elsewhere in the 1950s - 2008.

Even more so after 1994 failure of Clintoncare. the media would have been bedside showing the covers going over the poor peoples dead bodies day after day for 14 years if need be. then or sooner our system would have been abandoned/aborted. the healthcare industry knew it too.

Pre 2008 we were all told if asked...... why are my premiums so high and being raised ? because you are also paying for those without insurance. we have always had the best healthcare in the world but we pay a high price for it and it just keeps going up. rich people from all parts of the world come here for care because of how we are pioneers in care.

Our system is Fat and needs to go on a diet. nothing in O care or so far this trumpcare is doing a thing about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Insurers' Profits Have Nearly Doubled Since Obama Was Elected

In 2008, the year that Barack Obama was elected as president, the combined annual profits of America's ten largest health insurance companies were $8 billion. Under Obamacare, the ten largest health insurers' annual profits have risen to $15 billion. This is another fine example of the natural alliance between Big Government and Big Business, which flourishes at the expense of Main Street Americans.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/insure...rticle/2005073

Post Thanks / Like

Well, back in the fifties, we had a two tier system in this country. In addition to private hospitals, we had charity hospitals. One of the many charity hospitals that existed back then was the University Hospital in Oklahoma City. My father had a private well drilling business and was badly injured on the job when he caught his arm in the steel cable of his well drilling rig. He somehow got loose, drove to town and got his arm sewed up in the local private hospital. But he contracted gas gangrene in his arm and due to an anticipated expense which was beyond his capability to pay, he was transported to the University Hospital in Oklahoma City where he obtained care for several weeks during which he was cured of the gangrene. He had to pay the doctor at the private hospital in town for the initial care, of course, since he has no insurance, but the bill from the charity hospital was paid by the county.

But by the sixties, increasingly, corporations were encouraged to be good citizens and provide low cost insurance to their employees encouraged by their ability to deduct their share of the cost from their income tax. It was essentially a win-win situation for the companies and their employees since the company would tend to experience a heathier work force at a relatively low cost and it was hugely beneficial to their employees since the employee's deduction from their paycheck to cover their share of the cost of the insurance was tax free--not even included on their W2 form as taxable income. As this became the predominate system for most people, charity hospitals for the poor became expendable, since a large portion of the demand for charity hospitals was eliminated due to government subsidized health care for most people.

This may sound good until you realize that what this actually does is provide subsidized health care for employees of large corporations while leaving the unemployed and self-employed on their own without the benefit of the government subsidy unless they made enough to itemize and declare their health care cost as a deduction from their taxes. This always seemed wrong to me, even though I was one of the fortunate ones to receive this benefit, because it meant that well to do executives for large corporations who could well afford the best health care on their own should have their health care subsidized by the government while the poor who were not employed by a company that offered the tax free health care benefit were left on their own. This was somewhat mitigated by the government requiring private hospitals to provide medical service as required for people who seek medical attention on an emergency basis.

However, when someone availed himself or herself of said emergency treatment, they still received a bill and if they were unable to pay it, it could ruin their credit to the point of preventing them even from having a checking account at a bank. And instead of receiving relatively inexpensive care from a charity clinic or hospital, they received much more expensive emergency care--which increased further the cost of insurance for the ones receiving subsidize insurance or those paying for their healthcare without the benefit of the government subsidy. This was justified on the basis that we couldn't have people dying in the streets.

Thus, before Obamacare, we had a multi-tier health care system consisting of subsidized heath care for executives and other employees who worked within a corporate structure, tax deductible health care for the well-to-do outside the corporate structure who either bought insurance on their own or paid for their care without insurance, and, finally, emergency care for people who could not otherwise afford their healthcare.

With Obamacare, several million poor people got subsidized health care partially paid by the government and partially absorbed by the insurance companies resulting in insurance company losses which the insurance companies have attempted to make up by increasing rates and deductible to the people who do not need all the coverage that the system demands that they have. Failing in their attempt to get this done, they are opting out of the system leaving people unable to obtain insurance at all in some cases.

Considering what we have been through, I think a two tier public/private system is the next logical step. The public portion would provide relatively inexpensive government health care partially supported by tax dollars and partially supported by premiums based on one's ability to pay similar to Medicare. In other words, a public Medicare for all system supported by everyone in an amount they are able to pay. The fact that some of the people required to pay for the system will not use it because they can afford better seems fine to me. If they can afford better care outside the public system, it will relieve some of the stress on the public system.

The rich can afford to pay for both the system they use as well as the system they do not use. Why not let them?
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 05-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    Like madmadworld liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default +

I've spent the past 4 + years discussing this. as my premiums have tripled, on a personal level. I had bet on our (wife & I) good health over the past 25+ years by lowering our premiums by having $5,000 deductible. that had worked well now I'm stuck with both high premiums and $6.750 deductible.

I'm kinda burnt out on the discussion. Obama had a FDR opportunity to fix it and was just not smart enough to pull it off. he should have worked with the R's till our whole system was reformed. if it took 3 years or more. instead the D's went it alone passing a child like approach while lying to us. never before in our History has a major piece of legislation that touches every person been passed with no support from the other side. starting the massive divide we now have in DC and elsewhere.

A summery of my plan 8+ year ago. remember the state of our economy at that time. he could of forced the industry to the table.

Freeze everyone's(all) premiums for 5 years then lowered them by 5% each year the next 5 years (insurance companies raise them 10-20 % every year for the past 20 + years) start regulating them like we do the utility companies not a perfect system but... it has saved us sky rising costs while still enabling profits.

In those years work to lower costs. having a goal of 12- 14 % of GDP. still the highest in the world.

Like TheBestPlayersPlay liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So many playing the Fool

Is this part of the Trump master Plan of draining the Swamp ?
    Mueller goes forth looking for Political Corruption and he finds it in spades. shouldn't be that hard in DC
    careful What you wish for.

Like TheBestPlayersPlay liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Russian Obsession Goes Back Decades

Just consider the accusations that have been leveled at the president:

He has betrayed the Constitution, which he swore to uphold.
    He has committed treason by befriending Russia and other enemies of America.
    He has subjugated America’s interests to Moscow.
    He has been caught in fantastic lies to the American people, including personal ones, like his previous marriage and divorce.

President Donald Trump?

No, President John F. Kennedy.

What lots of Americans don’t realize, because it was kept secret from them for so long, is that what Trump has been enduring from the national-security establishment, the mainstream press, and the American right-wing for his outreach to, or “collusion with,” Russia pales compared to what Kennedy had to endure for committing the heinous “crime” of reaching out to Russia and the rest of the Soviet Union in a spirit of peace and friendship.

They hated him for it. They abused him. They insulted him. They belittled him. They called him naïve. They said he was a traitor.

All of the nasties listed above, plus more, were contained in an advertisement and a flier that appeared in Dallas on the morning of November 22, 1963, the day that Kennedy was assassinated. They can be read here and here.

Ever since then, some people have tried to make it seem like the advertisement and flier expressed only the feelings of extreme right-wingers in Dallas. That’s nonsense. They expressed the deeply held convictions of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the CIA, the conservative movement, and many people within the mainstream media and Washington establishment.

In June 1963, Kennedy threw down the gauntlet in a speech he delivered at American University, now entitled the “Peace Speech.” It was one of the most remarkable speeches ever delivered by an American president. It was broadcast all across the communist Soviet Union, the first time that had ever been done.

In the speech, Kennedy announced that he was bringing an end to the Cold War and the mindset of hostility toward Russia and the rest of the Soviet Union that the U.S. national-security establishment had inculcated in the minds of the American people ever since the end of World War II.

It was a radical notion and, as Kennedy well understood, a very dangerous one insofar as he was concerned. The Cold War against America’s World War II partner and ally had been used to convert the United States from a limited-government republic to a national-security state, one consisting of a vast, permanent military establishment, the CIA, and the NSA, along with their broad array of totalitarian-like powers, such as assassination, regime change, coups, invasions, torture, surveillance, and the like. Everyone was convinced that the Cold War — and the so-called threat from the international communist conspiracy that was supposedly based in Russia — would last forever, which would naturally mean permanent and ever-increasing largess for what Kennedy’s predecessor, President Dwight Eisenhower, had called the “military-industrial complex.”

Suddenly, Kennedy was upending the Cold War apple cart by threatening to establish a relationship of friendship and peaceful coexistence with Russia, the rest of the Soviet Union, and Cuba.

Kennedy knew full well that his actions were considered by some to be a grave threat to “national security.” After all, don’t forget that it was Guatemalan President Jacobo Arbenz’s outreach to the Soviets in a spirit of friendship that got him ousted from power by the CIA and presumably targeted for assassination as part of that regime-change operation. It was Cuban leader Fidel Castro’s outreach to the Soviets in a spirit of friendship that made him the target of Pentagon and CIA regime-change operations, including through invasion, assassination, and sanctions. It was Congo leader’s Patrice Lamumba’s outreach to the Soviets in a spirit of friendship that got him targeted for assassination by the CIA. It would be Chilean President Salvador Allende’s outreach to the Soviets in a spirit of friendship that got him targeted in a CIA-instigated coup in Chile that resulted in Allende’s death.

Kennedy wasn’t dumb. He knew what he was up against. He had heard Eisenhower warn the American people in his Farewell Address about the dangers to their freedom and democratic way of life posed by the military establishment. After Kennedy had read the novel Seven Days in May, which posited the danger of a military coup in America, he asked friends in Hollywood to make it into a movie to serve as a warning to the American people. In the midst of the Cuban Missile Crisis, when the Pentagon and the CIA were exerting extreme pressure on Kennedy to bomb and invade Cuba, his brother Bobby told a Soviet official with whom he was negotiating that the president was under a severe threat of being ousted in a coup. And, of course, Kennedy was fully mindful of what had happened to Arbenz, Lamumba, and Castro for doing what Kennedy was now doing — reaching out to the Soviets in a spirit of friendship.

In the eyes of the national-security establishment, one simply did not reach out to Russia, Cuba, or any other “enemy” of America. Doing so, in their eyes, made Kennedy an appeaser, betrayer, traitor, and a threat to “national security.”

Kennedy didn’t stop with his Peace Speech. He also began negotiating a treaty with the Soviets to end above-ground nuclear testing, an action that incurred even more anger and ire within the Pentagon and the CIA. Yes, that’s right — they said that “national security” depended on the U.S. government’s continuing to do what they object to North Korea doing today — conducting nuclear tests, both above ground and below ground.

Kennedy mobilized public opinion to overcome fierce opposition in the military, CIA, Congress, and the Washington establishment to secure passage of his Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.

He then ordered a partial withdrawal of troops from Vietnam, and told close aides that he would order a complete pull-out after winning the 1964 election. In the eyes of the U.S. national-security establishment, leaving Vietnam subject to a communist takeover would pose a grave threat to national security here in the United States.

Worst of all, from the standpoint of the national-security establishment, Kennedy began secret personal negotiations with Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev and Cuban leader Fidel Castro to bring an end to America’s Cold War against them. That was considered to be a grave threat to “national security” as well as a grave threat to all the military and intelligence largess that depended on the Cold War.

By this time, Kennedy’s war with the national-security establishment was in full swing. He had already vowed to tear the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds after its perfidious conduct in the Bay of Pigs fiasco. By this time, he had also lost all confidence in the military after it proposed an all-out surprise nuclear attack on the Soviet Union, much as Japan had done at Pearl Harbor, after the infamous plan known as Operation Northwoods, which proposed terrorist attacks and plane hijackings carried out by U.S. agents posing as Cuban communists, so as to provide a pretext for invading Cuba, and after the Cuban Missile Crisis, when the military establishment accused him of appeasement and treason for agreeing not to ever invade Cuba again.

What Kennedy didn’t know was that his “secret” negotiations with the Soviet and Cuban communists weren’t so secret after all. As it turns out, it was a virtual certainty that the CIA (or NSA) was listening in on telephone conversations of Cuban officials at the UN in New York City, much as the CIA and NSA still do today, during which they would have learned what the president was secretly doing behind their backs.

Kennedy’s feelings toward the people who were calling him a traitor for befriending Moscow and other “enemies” of America? In response to the things that were said in that advertisement and flier about him being a traitor for befriending Russia, he told his wife Jackie on the morning he was assassinated: “We are heading into nut country today.” Of course, as he well knew, the nuts weren’t located only in Dallas. They were also situated throughout the U.S. national-security establishment.
    https://www.fff.org/2017/05/18/russi...-back-decades/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pullimg out

Pulling out might not be the best birth control but when Trump pulls out of Paris(no not Hilton) Some People got really upset.

Their upset that we didn't lose up to 3 Trillion dollars, thousands of Jobs while lowering the standards of living of millions of Americans. Dam the facts that China and India are building hundreds of New coal fired Plants as I type.

The supporters of this crazy anti-America plan are now revving up their private jets spewing co2 across the sky to meet and stand before cameras to call Trump out as the Killer of the planet.

Only the most anti-America POTUS would sell us out with such garbage. fact is we just can't afford this self inflicted nonsense. it wasn't enough that Obama put us in more debt than all the POTUS in our history this time bomb has been stopped. the history of the Dems leaving these time bombs till after they are gone must be their new thing. case in point

Bill Clinton - NAFTA & China trade deals costing millions of jobs
    Repealing of Glass-Steagal = The Depression of our lives
    not killing Osama bin Laden - changing our lives Forever
    you pick the worse one.

I would have posted this yesterday but my eyes were burning from all the reading of this plan and the effects that would be laid on me and the yet unborn.

Trump keeping his promises... Winning America First

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Not relevant to this thread, nor worthy of a new thread, but I have a funny politics story I thought I might share with ya'll considering this is something of a pro-Republican thread.

- I'm currently writing a story for a uni assessment regarding an overcrowded special development school in desperate need of funding.

- Seeking comment from political sources, I contacted a bunch of Liberal (Our version of the GOP) and Labor (Our version of the Dems) representatives for comment.

- The Liberals (Again, our version of the GOP, which probably sounds odd to ya'll) all responded almost immediately. Not only did they provide me with media releases, but also provided me with plenty of original comments in really personal correspondence. They thanked me for my interest, and included other sources I might seek to contact, stating these people felt really passionate about this issue. They also stated that I could mention that X politician had suggested I seek comment with them, to help ensure I would get a comment.

- The Labor party, all of them, either simply didn't respond or just acknowledged that my correspondence had been received - no comment, no media release, absolutely nothing.

- The Liberals went IN on Labor, particularly in their ORIGINAL comments to me. One original comment I got was "The Andrews Labor Government has failed to show any care and concern for the families and students (of the school.)"

- With such heavy criticism, and no response from Labor, I worked my way up the ladder until I got to Daniel Andrews, the (Labor) premier of the state I live in - I felt it was important to get comment from both sides to maintain objectivity. I showed Mr. Andrews the comments I received, and why I was seeking comment, and felt that such comments would get me my comment. After all, one would have to respond to allegations from political rivals that his government fails to care about students and their families, right?

- The response from his office? Stating they have a policy of not speaking to student journalists but wishing me well in my studies. That I should contact the "relevant minsters with my queries." (I already had, they're the ones who didn't respond.)

What. The. Fuck.

How can anyone in their right mind respond to allegations from rival politicians that their government doesn't care about students by stating they have a policy of not talking with students?

I mean, they couldn't take the same word count to say some shit like "We are working tirelessly to ensure a favourable outcome for all. We take education very seriously, as highlighted by x efforts."

I found that hilarious. This story now looks like it has a one-sided political agenda. To overcome that, I'm going to have to include in the story that the relevant ministers from the Labor party didn't respond to requests for comment and their fucking leader has a policy of not talking to students.

Shit like this is exactly why ya'll elected Trump and we elected Turnbull. The other side seems clueless and lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Shit like this is exactly why ya'll elected Trump and we elected Turnbull. The other side seems clueless and lost.
    I know little about your leaders.

Here our National Leaders have been lost for near 60 years. it's just amazing we are still the most powerful country in the world. just another reason to think God is in charge. seriously

Like Stray Dawg, Enigmatic Evil liked this post.

Post Thanks / Like

The amount of chaffing is epic.

Figures the mayor of pittspuke whiffed at the softball Trump threw him.....
    just beat it
    Like madmadworld liked this post.