Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: O-Line - Not as good as we thought.

Post Thanks / Like

More peeps who feel O line isn't the problem.

-----

22 Oct 2015
    Word of Muth: Browns' Wasted Effort
    by Ben Muth

After re-watching the game on Tuesday, I came to the conclusion that the Browns' offensive line is also pretty damn good.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/wor...-wasted-effort
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

One hell of a good read Ocon. Love the film he posted too. McCown's jitteriness and Crow's inability to capitalize area really strong examples. I also think his comment about the massive range of blocking schemes may actually be counter-productive.

Thanks for posting.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who's a little worried about this upcoming game vs the Rams? Their pass-rush does not S around...
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Its the same game as last week: Their offense sucks at scoring points and their defense is a bad match up.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm maybe so Grey. A simple research shows Denver has 7 more sacks thus far. I think you summed it up well.

I still worry :P

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

The zbs has got our line not even firing off on running plays.

We need to be power running game....pulling guards. We are doing good in pass blocking except schwartz. He fuckjng sucks

Id like to see erving either play rt or lg and bitonio at rt

Post Thanks / Like

First round back up guard. Hmph. It'd be fine if the D could keep teams under 20-25 points.

Googling about this a.m., found we're 9th in offense. It's just a shame the D is so porous.

9th in yardage and 12th in scored points. We should be at least a .500 team if the D wasn't so damn bad.
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First round back up guard. Hmph. It'd be fine if the D could keep teams under 20-25 points.

Googling about this a.m., found we're 9th in offense. It's just a shame the D is so porous.

9th in yardage and 12th in scored points. We should be at least a .500 team if the D wasn't so damn bad.
    In watching the Sunday night game saw how good OL's actually open up holes for running backs to go through, unlike the Browns.
    Between the inability to open up holes for runs and inability to protect the QB effectively, the Browns OL is playing at a below NFL average level and that's on DeFlip and the OL coaching staff mess as well as the players.

Post Thanks / Like

Our two young RB's are doing everything possible to either a) not hit the hole or b) go down at initial engagement with a defender.

Gurley did what it seems like most RB's do against our defense: routinely get past initial contact with our defenders. The stat posted in the other thread showed, what, 90%+ of his yards were after contact? Our defense is brutally poor in tackling fundamentals as demonstrated on Gurley's long run and his second TD run. Neither should have gone anywhere yet he had 70+ yards and a TD on just those two plays.

Their OL wasn't great (started 2 rookies; played 3 rookies in total throughout the day); our defense is just THAT bad.

Post Thanks / Like

And Crowell was having a great time after that loss...
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    We need players who get mad after they lose a game and don't play well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    In watching the Sunday night game saw how good OL's actually open up holes for running backs to go through, unlike the Browns.
    Between the inability to open up holes for runs and inability to protect the QB effectively, the Browns OL is playing at a below NFL average level and that's on DeFlip and the OL coaching staff mess as well as the players.
    The o line coach was fired. I think Pettine hired left-over assistant coaches and his buddies. O'Neil system is not working at all for the defense and Flip is just Ok. The O line is severely under-performing and the defense is awful. As Jim McKay once said, "we didn't block anybody today, but we made up for it by not tackling".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    This right here pisses me off to no end.

You just got your asses fucking whooped. Yet you are out there smiling and laughing it up with the guy who just ran all over you.

Fuck Crowell. Get the hell off my team.

I'm so fed up with this bullshit of a franchise.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Our two young RB's are doing everything possible to either a) not hit the hole or b) go down at initial engagement with a defender.

Gurley did what it seems like most RB's do against our defense: routinely get past initial contact with our defenders. The stat posted in the other thread showed, what, 90%+ of his yards were after contact? Our defense is brutally poor in tackling fundamentals as demonstrated on Gurley's long run and his second TD run. Neither should have gone anywhere yet he had 70+ yards and a TD on just those two plays.

Their OL wasn't great (started 2 rookies; played 3 rookies in total throughout the day); our defense is just THAT bad.
    I tried to like this twice. Crow was giving me TRich flashbacks...

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

We need players who get mad after they lose a game and don't play well.
    I think the offensive woes have more to do with who (isnt) is executing rather than play calling.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    This right here pisses me off to no end.

You just got your asses fucking whooped. Yet you are out there smiling and laughing it up with the guy who just ran all over you.

Fuck Crowell. Get the hell off my team.

I'm so fed up with this bullshit of a franchise.
    Seriously, for swapping jerseys with a former college team mate? Shit, he has every right to laugh. "If your defense played like ours, I'd have put up 120 yards and 2 touchdowns too."

I understand the desire for intensity, but it's not like he was dancing around having fun for no reason. He got to link up with an old friend he's probably not seen in years. This is Isiah Crowell we're talking about. The kid has been a great team mate, he's worked his ass off and he absolutely wants to win. He's not being malicious, he's being a human being. Shit, I'd be upset if he didn't smile for a photo with an old friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Seriously, for swapping jerseys with a former college team mate? Shit, he has every right to laugh. "If your defense played like ours, I'd have put up 120 yards and 2 touchdowns too."

I understand the desire for intensity, but it's not like he was dancing around having fun for no reason. He got to link up with an old friend he's probably not seen in years. This is Isiah Crowell we're talking about. The kid has been a great team mate, he's worked his ass off and he absolutely wants to win. He's not being malicious, he's being a human being. Shit, I'd be upset if he didn't smile for a photo with an old friend.
    College teammate? BDU, they weren't even at Georgia together. Crowell was dismissed from the team in June of 2012. Gurley's freshman year was 2012. He might be happy for the guy because they are both former Bulldogs but, unless I'm missing something, they were never teammates.

The team just got blown out to go to 2-5. The season is likely over in October already. (What else is new in Cleveland?) In my opinion every person on that team, from the staff to the players, should be pissed off and not wanting to go buddy it up with guys from the Rams immediately after. Want to know a big reason why the Browns lose other than performance/coaching? This type of stuff is what breeds a losing culture. Players don't even seem pissed they just got blown out. That's a red flag to me.

It's one thing to go over and shake hands/talk but to me it's a terrible, terrible look to be swapping jerseys and smiling with a guy who just beasted your team.

Edit: I'm not meaning to hate on Crowell or accuse him of being purposefully malicious either. I am just disgusted with this team and went overboard in my original post.
    Last edited by next2nothing; 10-27-2015 at 06:11 AM.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    College teammate? BDU, they weren't even at Georgia together. Crowell was dismissed from the team in June of 2012. Gurley's freshman year was 2012. He might be happy for the guy because they are both former Bulldogs but, unless I'm missing something, they were never teammates.

The team just got blown out to go to 2-5. The season is likely over in October already. (What else is new in Cleveland?) In my opinion every person on that team, from the staff to the players, should be pissed off and not wanting to go buddy it up with guys from the Rams immediately after. Want to know a big reason why the Browns lose other than performance/coaching? This type of stuff is what breeds a losing culture. Players don't even seem pissed they just got blown out. That's a red flag to me.

It's one thing to go over and shake hands/talk but to me it's a terrible, terrible look to be swapping jerseys and smiling with a guy who just beasted your team.

Edit: I'm not meaning to hate on Crowell or accuse him of being purposefully malicious either. I am just disgusted with this team and went overboard in my original post.
    Browns are soft. It's that simple. Somebody on another discussion said this team lacks heart. That says it all. Plus bad coaching.

Anybody see how well Arizona's offensive line a executed zone blocking last night? Never see the Browns opening holes like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Duke johnson would be having probowl year if he was in arizona instead chris johnson.

This line is not blocking anyone. No heart. No push.

Only spark this team has is duke benjy barnidge

Manziel is real spark and leader of browns. He needs to rally thisbteam and carry them. Make plays when matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    Duke johnson would be having probowl year if he was in arizona instead chris johnson.

This line is not blocking anyone. No heart. No push.

Only spark this team has is duke benjy barnidge

Manziel is real spark and leader of browns. He needs to rally thisbteam and carry them. Make plays when matters.
    As I watched New England's patchwork quilt of an offensive line with two rookies last night open holes for runners and block for Brady, I thought about the Browns' offensive line which has far more talent and experience than the Pats' but plays far inferior. And I guess it comes down to one thing then: COACHING!

Then I thought about all the talent misses by the Browns as I watched Josh Kline, New England's guard, make play after play, and here was a guy who played his college ball in the Browns' backyard at Kent State and never got a look from Cleveland. Like Edelman.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 10-30-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess O line coaches DO matter...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this same group of Browns linemen looked great last season until Mack got hurt. This year they don't look so hot, despite what PFF says.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this same group of Browns linemen looked great last season until Mack got hurt. This year they don't look so hot, despite what PFF says.
    I guess we all forgot that our OL coach was fired earlier this year.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    I guess we all forgot that our OL coach was fired earlier this year.
    No, that is a big part of the problem. Another hiring mistake -- is that mistake on Deflip or Farmer?