Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 145 to 154 of 154

Thread: O-Line - Not as good as we thought.

  1. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We avg 1.1 a carry behind thomas


    Id be reluctant too
    It was interesting watching the Patriots game and the first three plays were runs behind the left tackle/guard. Browns only run behind Thomas 7% of the time, among the lowest percentage in the league of teams running behind left tackle.

  2. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like the coaching staff knew what it was doing by not starting Erving. We saw how "playing the young guys" just to play them works out.

    Second point: Why did we draft an interior lineman with our second round pick again Mr. Farmer?
    My recollection is that you supported everything that Farmer did the past two years ... UNTIL about two weeks ago.

  3. #147
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Your recollection is as flawed as your acumen; as usual.

    A poster on this very board has a quote in his signature from the night of our first round picks this past year. Since you made the silly assertion just to troll me I'll let you look it up. Sorta what I did for you on your huge turnaround on Campbell.

  4. #148
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,339
    Post Thanks / Like

  5. #149
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Brutal Martin, just brutal. I'm surprised he isn't in the concussion protocol after watching his head snap back to the ground. He was man-handled all day. Just an awful outing for him compounded by really shitty technique in terms of his hand placement (leading to his holding penalties).

  6. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,788
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow... near nil resistance.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    "Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!


  7. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your recollection is as flawed as your acumen; as usual.

    A poster on this very board has a quote in his signature from the night of our first round picks this past year. Since you made the silly assertion just to troll me I'll let you look it up. Sorta what I did for you on your huge turnaround on Campbell.
    It's hysterical now seeing you say all the thing I said about Farmer, Pettine et all for two years that you attacked me for in hundreds of ugly posts! You're the slimeballs of slimeballs!

  8. #152
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From the slimeball since we're in the "trash Joe Thomas" thread:

    PFF:
    Although Johnny Manziel (+3.3) was sacked six times according to the official gamebook, Cleveland’s offensive line actually played really well and limited the pass rush of the Steelers’ defensive line. Of the six sacks, only one was really due to poor offensive line play—when Cameron Erving let Stephon Tuitt go by him. As a matter of fact, the only player on the Browns’ offensive line who graded out below +1.0 was Erving (-2.0), who started the first game of his NFL career. Consequently, Browns fans do not have to panic about the state of their offensive line, but rather about the performance of the other players who take part in avoiding sacks.
    Funny, in another thread a certain poster seemed to miss a fundamental element when discussing sacks and pressures. Yours truly cautioned a more nuanced, actual football take might say something different. PFF seems to point this out.

    Damn, it sucks when that slimeball actually talks a bit of football, huh?

    (You're just too much fun to poke at AO. I mean you HAVE to see that, right?)

  9. #153
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From the slimeball since we're in the "trash Joe Thomas" thread:

    PFF:

    Funny, in another thread a certain poster seemed to miss a fundamental element when discussing sacks and pressures. Yours truly cautioned a more nuanced, actual football take might say something different. PFF seems to point this out.

    Damn, it sucks when that slimeball actually talks a bit of football, huh?

    (You're just too much fun to poke at AO. I mean you HAVE to see that, right?)
    PFF has been on the Browns positive bandwagon all year.

    Unfortunately, there is an ugly side of the story. It includes:

    Browns worst in the NFL in QB hits

    Browns worst in the NFL in sacks allowed

    Browns 30th or lower in run blocking, according to Football Observers stats

    Browns 27th in the NFL in pass blocking

    Browns have averaged 13 points in their last 5 games.

  10. #154
    OconRecon's Avatar
    OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chief BlueJacket's town
    Posts
    11,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •