Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2016 Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we do not draft joey bosa....

Fuck the cleveland browns!!!

We have no pass rush. We have never had a pass rush. Joey bosa is a HOF waiting to be browns best defensive player ever
    and if we do draft him there are some who may say the same to you
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    Give me someone who can eat the QB for lunch. I don't care who it is!
    This is true. Many of this team's problems stem from the fact they get no pressure on the QB or push up the middle. We need some ends and LBs who can play. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed Orchard and Cooper will make an impact. Just get O'Neil out of there!

Post Thanks / Like

I just feel like a true pass-rush threat would open so many windows for this D. The DC could drop LB's (or occasionally... DE's) in to coverage without worry. The, dare I say, trickle down effect would be pretty monumental. I agree that a change of DC is required, I still think it could happen before the end of the season.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding possibly drafting a QB in 2016, if the Browns really want another one (remember they signed Austin Davis along with having McCown & Manziel), I don't see anyone that is better in this upcoming draft than say Ryan Mallett. That guy put up better numbers against more superior competition in college than Paxton Lynch. He's got the similar height thing going on and a rocket arm. He was drafted by NE and sat behind Brady, only to go to Houston and be blocked by journeyman veteran QBs one after another.

I'm not saying to go get him, just making the point that if you're just looking at a couple of physical traits, he's as good as any of the potential draftees.

Post Thanks / Like

Except that he's a total headcase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by threesheets View Post
    Regarding possibly drafting a QB in 2016, if the Browns really want another one (remember they signed Austin Davis along with having McCown & Manziel), I don't see anyone that is better in this upcoming draft than say Ryan Mallett. That guy put up better numbers against more superior competition in college than Paxton Lynch. He's got the similar height thing going on and a rocket arm. He was drafted by NE and sat behind Brady, only to go to Houston and be blocked by journeyman veteran QBs one after another.

I'm not saying to go get him, just making the point that if you're just looking at a couple of physical traits, he's as good as any of the potential draftees.
    Mallett is a total head case. Forget him.

Post Thanks / Like

And Mallett is pretty mediocre, that's telling. None of this years QB's really jump out like even Mariotta/Winston did last year.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

The Browns are in a scary predicament.

Fans and media desperately want Pettine fired - but new coaches ALWAYS bring in a new quarterback to call their own. Always. Without fail. This is particularly true when the team in question holds the first overall pick. That's why the whole "I love Manziel so I hate Pettine" shit is queer as fuck. Not queer as in gay, queer as in the traditional sense of odd or unusual. People want to overturn Pettine, but it WILL result in Manziel getting a swift boot in the cornhole.

Let's be brutally fucking honest here. We all know that if the Browns pull the trigger on a restart, we're drafting Connor Cook first overall and sticking a long, black cock up the ass of the franchise for the new two years before we do it all over again. We all know it's true, deep down in our optimistic little hearts.

Frankly, this motherfucker thinks we should just pucker up and expose the tail end of our misery for the next round of inserted jabs that we're bound to take a pounding from.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    The Browns are in a scary predicament.

Fans and media desperately want Pettine fired - but new coaches ALWAYS bring in a new quarterback to call their own. Always. Without fail. This is particularly true when the team in question holds the first overall pick. That's why the whole "I love Manziel so I hate Pettine" shit is queer as fuck. Not queer as in gay, queer as in the traditional sense of odd or unusual. People want to overturn Pettine, but it WILL result in Manziel getting a swift boot in the cornhole.

Let's be brutally fucking honest here. We all know that if the Browns pull the trigger on a restart, we're drafting Connor Cook first overall and sticking a long, black cock up the ass of the franchise for the new two years before we do it all over again. We all know it's true, deep down in our optimistic little hearts.

Frankly, this motherfucker thinks we should just pucker up and expose the tail end of our misery for the next round of inserted jabs that we're bound to take a pounding from.
    New coaches ALWAYS bring in a new QB? Not true in Denver. Not true in Chicago. Not true in Atlanta. Not true in Oakland. And so forth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    None of this years QB's really jump out like even Mariotta/Winston did last year
    Yep - which means it's not a good idea with what is currently looking like a very high 1st rounder to spend that on one. Same goes for any other position where there is not a clear difference maker. If this turns out to just be a weak draft, I'd rather trade that top pick to try and get more picks (maybe 2 first rounders or 2 seconds) and get three good players out of it at positions of need.

It would be different if there were some players that looked like they could dominate in the future. In that case, I'd trade the entire draft just for one of them. Just not seeing it this year. Even a guy like Bosa doesn't look like a slam dunk to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely no other QB worth taking other than Goff.

I 'm not about rebooting, but we need to freshen up the coaching a bit.
    Go back to what worked FFS.

Lost lockerroom equals big, big trouble.
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1122_6.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Yep - which means it's not a good idea with what is currently looking like a very high 1st rounder to spend that on one. Same goes for any other position where there is not a clear difference maker. If this turns out to just be a weak draft, I'd rather trade that top pick to try and get more picks (maybe 2 first rounders or 2 seconds) and get three good players out of it at positions of need.

It would be different if there were some players that looked like they could dominate in the future. In that case, I'd trade the entire draft just for one of them. Just not seeing it this year. Even a guy like Bosa doesn't look like a slam dunk to me.
    From what I've seen of the college talent, this draft does not look as good. Might be some good linebackers out there, though, and that's what the Browns need.

Post Thanks / Like

So the draft class of 2016 doesn't look good. Any good giant receivers/tight end.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is a good draft class. The QB position will have more depth than last year. There are some good RBs and the receiving class has a lot to choose from. I understand most on this board want Joey Bosa, but he's more of a 4-3 DE than an OLB. The problem with trading down to get more draft picks is the Browns have not benefited from having multiple picks in the first round. I don't trust any move as long as Farmer is the GM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    I understand most on this board want Joey Bosa, but he's more of a 4-3 DE than an OLB.
    Agreed and I like the young man.

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a Lynch fan at the moment. Some of his OC's play calls were just bad.

Goff too. Heck yes.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    I'm still a Lynch fan at the moment. Some of his OC's play calls were just bad.

Goff too. Heck yes.
    I really like Lynch, and also Goff, but I don't think QB will be the position of choice for the Browns.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Lynch, and also Goff, but I don't think QB will be the position of choice for the Browns.
    I hope for nothing more than for you to be correct! In line with this, here's to hoping for a positive stretch of six games to close out the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Goff will get a close look from me. Seen enough of Lynch. Comparable to Bortles -- makes a lot of bad judgments.

Post Thanks / Like

the Browns have not benefited from having multiple picks in the first round. I don't trust any move as long as Farmer is the GM.
    That's for sure, at least on the surface. It's part of my frustration that we can't even get a real handle on the last two drafts worth of players because we don't get to see them play much - have to take the coaching staffs' word and not much credibility there. Haslam could end up flushing the whole thing (coaches & gm) and whoever the new GM is may want to take the team in a completely different direction. Example: Bosa, probably not the best pick for how our current defense is made up but with a different DC may be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Agreed and I like the young man.
    Agreed as well...but as I have pointed out a few times, it looks like Pettine is morphing this D into a 4/3 hybrid and a guy like Bosa might be a good fit.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    Agreed as well...but as I have pointed out a few times, it looks like Pettine is morphing this D into a 4/3 hybrid and a guy like Bosa might be a good fit.
    As long as I don't see him "dropping into coverage" I'm open to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    I watched Bosa extensively against Mich St. He is a force. More suited for a 4-3, but he's athletic enough to convert to a 3-4 OLB. My question is, will Pettine even be here next year.