Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap MEGATHREADS! (QB 29)

Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me the mega thread is about to get busy again. Manziel drama ensues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something tells me the mega thread is about to get busy again. Manziel drama ensues.
    Looks like meats back on the menu boys!
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    Looks like meats back on the menu boys!
    It'll blow over quickly.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

This weekend is shaping up to be awesome for quarterbacks.

Cincinnati vs Buffalo

Andy Dalton is having a fucking amazing year. 67%, 1,500 yards, 11 touchdowns, 2 interceptions and 115 passer rating. People are stating to talk about the Bungles as legitimate Superbowl contenders. Buffalo is going to be a hard task, their defense is excellent, and I don't know if Andy is good enough to continue such an amazing run.

On the other side of the ball, Tyrod Taylor has come from nowhere. Willie Beamon indeed. He's 70%, 1,000 yards, 9 touchdowns, 4 interceptions and 104 passer rating. He's also rushed for another 190 yards and 2 touchdowns. He might well be the real deal if he can continue his run.

Cleveland vs Denver

McCown is killing it. 67%, 1,200 yards, 6 touchdowns, 1 interception, 102 passer rating. Based on his play to date, the guy has turned a short leash into what could arguably be a three or four game window. More importantly, if he can continue his level of play, the Browns really could start to turn in some wins. Flip's system is not only fantastic, but it's brutally simple. It's not something you scheme against, it's something you have to outplay. Denver's defense is certainly capable of that, however, so McCown will have to have the game of his life.

Manning, on the other hand, is in unfamiliar territory. 63%, 1,200 yards, 6 touchdowns, 7 interceptions, 77 passer rating. He's in the bottom half of the league, and it's becoming evident that there are throws he just can't make the way he once did. The question is if he'll be able to find a way to make those throws, or if he'll have to find a way to play without making them. Denver is only winning because their defense is the best in the league, and they won't be able to keep that up forever. If Manning can't lift his game, their chances of winning the Superbowl won't exist.

Chicago vs Detroit

A year ago, these teams had franchise quarterbacks. Now, both Cutler and Stafford are losing the faith their teams had in them. So much so, both have been benched. Jay has played quite well the last two weeks, with two victories, so he's earning back the faith. Stafford, on the other hand, was only benched last week. He's never managed to regain his epic form from early in his career, and he's played well below expectations the last few years. They're 0-5 right now as he's continuously gotten worse.

Houston vs Jacksonville

Hoyer had an epic game last week until he got fucked on the final play, and it was good enough to earn in the starting spot. The question is if he can keep it. O'Brien has switched quarterbacks more than he's switched underwear. Hoyer, also, is running out of time to make his starting dream a reality. He's still prone to the same thing - brilliant one moment, shit the next. He's got to start a run of consistency - and he starts that against a team that annihilated him last season.

Bortles is really turning a corner. 67%, 1,300 yards, 10 touchdowns, 4 interceptions, 87 passer rating. Jax is 1-4 but it's not because of Bortles. He's finally starting to live up to his draft slot, the question is if he can not only continue but improve on the success.

Kansas City vs Minnesota

Alex Smith is having a mediocre year. He started red hot against Houston, but has gone ice cold on a four game losing streak with 2 touchdowns to 3 interceptions. To make matters worse, they lost Charles for the year. It's going to be interesting to see if he can actually step above the game manager title and bring the team back - or they might start looking for answers elsewhere.

Teddy isn't playing poorly but he also isn't playing well. He's 67%, 770 yards, 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions, 84 passer rating. Unlike Bortles, and Manziel, he's not turned a corner. He still looks like Teddy of last year, just less productive. It's a hit to the concerns he was the most pro-ready but didn't have a high ceiling. He's gotta starting playing bigger.

Washington vs New York (J)

Battle of the back-ups, which is always fun. Cousins is desperately fighting to be a starting quarterback, but most of the time I can't see how he's even an upgrade of RG3.

Miami vs Tennessee

Dumpsterfire vs young gun. Tannefail is starting to look more like a back-up than a star, and their team is in turmoil. Tannefail is at a pituful 56%, 1,000 yards, 7 touchdowns to 5 interceptions, 77 passer rating. Not what you want to see from a guy who just got a huge contract, and if bragging about it to practice squad members.

Mariota is at 64%, 1,000 yards, 8 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 99 passer rating. He's still playing out of his mind, but he's also not the unstoppable force he seemed earlier. The question is if it's him or the system. I'm wondering if he's going to keep it up, or his fall will continue.

Carolina vs Seattle

Carolina is undefeated, but Cam is still playing like Cam. He's thrown 7 touchdowns to 2 interceptions, and rushed in another 2, but he's also thrown over 200 yards once in four games and has only completed 55% of his passes. This is his 5th year, and he still seems unable to really turn that corner and play beyond the middle of the pack. If he can beat Seattle, and beat them well, it could be the turning point for him and the Panthers - and they could become legitimate playoff contenders.

Wilson has Seattle 2-3, and while he's playing well, the concerns exist if he can lead the team all on his lonesome. Playing with the best defense of the modern era and a highly efficient offense was one thing, but they're losing talent and he's gotta pick up where they lost out. So fair, he's not doing that, and he needs to turn the corner soon or they won't be going back to the big dance - and he won't be earning that big contract of his.

Baltimore vs San Francisco

Two guys who played at a high level with a great team around them are now two guys struggling on struggling teams. Flacco has job security, Kaepernick does not. I'm wondering if either can afford to keep playing the way they are. Surely, one has to turn the corner.

New England vs Indianapolis

Brady is a fucking beast. 72%, 1,400 yards, 11 touchdowns to 0 interceptions, 121 passer rating. The Patriots have got to be the Superbowl favorites right now, back-to-back would solidify Brady as the greatest of all time. If he continues this, he's looking at Superbowl NUMBER FIVE!

Andrew Luck, on the other hand, has looked unusually human. He's statistically one of the worst in the league on an offense that looked so promising but is performing so poorly. It's not all Luck, their blocking has been a disaster, but Luck certainly isn't without blame. He's made dumb decisions, inaccurate throws and all around hasn't looked himself. Can he turn it around?

Philadelphia vs New York (G)

Sam Bradford is playing quite well. 63%, 1,300, 8 touchdowns to 6 interceptions, 83 passer rating. The numbers don't look great, but Kelly's system has been a disaster. He's doing the same shit over and over, and it's getting snuffed out like it's nothing. if Kelly can make adjustments, the Eagles offense could start to fire. It remains to be seen if Kelly will make those changes.

Eli Manning his having a nice return to form, and the Giants have won three straight. He's now 66%, 1,400 yards, 10 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 100 passer rating. It remains to be seen if he can return the Giants to contender status, but he's certainly off to a nice start.

All in all, it's going to be a lot of fun this week!

Post Thanks / Like

Brady is best qb ever.... By far.

Mccown has been great so far....but i dont think it lasts all year... Maybe not even any longer. Denver is great at rushing qb and talib roby r studs. They got good safeties... Ughhh

Tyrod taylor is playing lights out. I am curious to see how it plays out.

Bridgewater has small hands... And weak arm. And small and slow...yeah manziel is best qb from 2014.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnnys interview after the game was interesting... he seemed very emotional

One of his quotes was awesome... he said:

"I find solace in that building..."

Thats some romantic shit

It was in reference to the browns facility.

He went on about how much he loved the team and his teammates and everyone around him

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

PGL, Johnny is bored/tired of humping psycho, hot chicks. Play him already.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Manziel might get one game before it goes back to the 36 year old journeyman.

Post Thanks / Like

If Manziel starts, I'm hoping for two games out of him before the break.

But then again, this FO and coaches drafted him and they continue to look for every reason not to play him.

(Damn I wish we had Carr with Flip - but there's a million hind sight 20/20 things with these Browns)
    2017 Draft picks: #1, #12, #33, #52, #65, #108, #145, #175, #181, #185, #188 - 11 total
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - Two in 2nd (Eagles/Wentz & Texans/Osweiler), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 11 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, 2017 #12 (Eagles) & #52 (Titans), 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles) pick
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    If Manziel starts, I'm hoping for two games out of him before the break.

But then again, this FO and coaches drafted him and they continue to look for every reason not to play him.

(Damn I wish we had Carr with Flip - but there's a million hind sight 20/20 things with these Browns)
    If the Browns had Carr and a wide receiver close to Cooper, they'd be 4-3 right now.

Post Thanks / Like

if I'm haslam I'm putting a ban on pettine playing manziel then firing his ass after the cinci game

Post Thanks / Like

Pettine's already saying he'd start McCown if at all possible. I'm sorry, but this is getting patently nuts. I'm losing all interest. I'm so sick of losing with dirty starters (he's 1-5 this season, 2-12 his last 14 starts) when you need to find about Manziel, who's looked good on the field since May.

It's utterly ridiculous. Anyone trying to pitch the other side of the story sounds beyond absurd. I'm up in Canada and people HERE are asking what the fuck is going on with the Browns.

You start Manziel, use the dings as an excuse... and let him start at least a few games in a row. Dar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Pettine's already saying he'd start McCown if at all possible. I'm sorry, but this is getting patently nuts. I'm losing all interest. I'm so sick of losing with dirty starters (he's 1-5 this season, 2-12 his last 14 starts) when you need to find about Manziel, who's looked good on the field since May.

It's utterly ridiculous. Anyone trying to pitch the other side of the story sounds beyond absurd. I'm up in Canada and people HERE are asking what the fuck is going on with the Browns.

You start Manziel, use the dings as an excuse... and let him start at least a few games in a row. Dar.
    Not if you are Pettine.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    Not if you are Pettine.
    Or Flip. McCown is Flip's guy (Pettine had no history with McCown, wanted Hoyer) and he'd more than have the freedom to make the change. Pettine drafted Manziel, Flip did not.

I wonder if it's a situation much like last season. Pettine was the bad guy all season before we ultimately found out 1. Shanahan didn't like Johnny MUCH more and 2. There were reasons why Johnny wasn't starting that we were unaware of at the time.

But, as we discussed in the other thread, McCown isn't even playing poorly. "Not if you are Pettine" when speaking of starting a top 10 quarterback if healthy should be changed to "Not if you're any NFL coach."

Post Thanks / Like

I expect some more anonymous bitching this week.

I also want to remind everyone who doesn't want johnny in... that Manziel made the starting qb position a discussion last time he played.

Remember? The coaches had to deliberate...

And Pettine said something like.. "any time it's a tough decision to pick a starter it's usually a good thing because it means the room is competitive.. and you possibly have 2 guys you believe in.. blah blah"

If Johnny made it a discussion last time around just a few weeks ago.

Why is it so hard for them to pull the trigger?

I'll tell you why.. it's a trust issue.. Pettine just doesn't trust him.

Post Thanks / Like

Really. All this worry about the QB position. The one position group that's actually playing over its head presently.

Maybe the coaching staff is concerned about those other areas. Maybe the coaching staff doesn't want to start the Manziel era with the rest of the team playing like utter shit around him. Maybe the coaching staff knows they'd be winning with McCown if the other position groups held up their end of the deal. Maybe 7 games into the season is premature to "give up".

No, it must just be the idiocy of Pet and Flip. I mean hell, EVERYONE in Canada thinks Manziel should be starting after all.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean.. Mccown did play a Major role in us losing the Denver game, and all he did was "Manage" this last one.

We need to put teams away. I just keep thinking of Manziels last throw to Benji, the timing, and how that was the proverbial "dagger"

Thats what we need, killer instinct.

Also, with Manziel in, the RB's could run the ball for some reason.

Im not necessarily attributing it to Johnny, but its a correlation.

I know many of you think players dont care about this kind of stuff, but the whole "Johnny Football" thing has a mental effect. Its like the Tim Tebow thing, you never know what can happen. It brings excitement and energy.

Also, if Johnny isnt as good as Mccown on the back end, then the players know mentally they have to step up around him, which may possibly result in better "team" play as a whole

Post Thanks / Like

PGL, I think you're reaching. I don't think Manziel still will magically make the offense better.
    BROWNS 2017: TIME TO SHIT THE BED IN ANOTHER DRAFT, YAY!
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

It falls in line with the reports of a couple players saying "I play better when he is in"

Which was most likely Crowell, seeing as how Crowell has played better with Johnny in

Post Thanks / Like

I 'm not sure how some throw away the charisma Johnny has.
    I 'd fucking play better if I knew we were going for the throat.

It 's one thing to execute the gameplan, involve RB 's, not turn it over.
    It 's completely different to put up points, something that we have been lacking.

Johnny deserves a chance if he outperforms McCown.
    Unfortunately I think Pettine either doesn 't trust him or his behaviour, or shields him from the ever looming failure here in Cleveland.

With the D, they have been better but they need to not bend and most definitely not break.
    They haven 't scored only 6 points vs Rams.
    Malik Hooker, FS from Ohio State. NO MATTER WHAT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Or Flip. McCown is Flip's guy (Pettine had no history with McCown, wanted Hoyer) and he'd more than have the freedom to make the change. Pettine drafted Manziel, Flip did not.

I wonder if it's a situation much like last season. Pettine was the bad guy all season before we ultimately found out 1. Shanahan didn't like Johnny MUCH more and 2. There were reasons why Johnny wasn't starting that we were unaware of at the time.

But, as we discussed in the other thread, McCown isn't even playing poorly. "Not if you are Pettine" when speaking of starting a top 10 quarterback if healthy should be changed to "Not if you're any NFL coach."
    The only difference is we know those problems now. Manziel's learning his second offense in as many seasons, if he had been more dedicated last year perhaps he would be more adequately ready this year. He's showing propensity for douchiness but this year that is not trickling down to his play on the gridiron as it was last year.

McCown's numbers look good, but outside of that, he is hardly playing 'like a top 10 QB' the past few games. If he continues to play as he has vs Denver, and as he played last week vs The Rams, this talk of McCown playing like a top 10 QB will be as history as Hoyer's hot start to last season.

Yeah, you 'take what the defense gives you'... even if that means dumping off on 3rd-and-15's and 1st and 10's. Yeah, he has no running game to lean on but still how many 3rd downs did he fail to convert? How many times was he hit because he just stood there with the fucking ball FOREVER.

I admitted I was wrong when McCown was playing well but these past couple of week's I've seen more than enough to remind me why I was initially disappointed in the signing to begin with. We need to put Manziel in and give him some action, see what we have in the kid. There's just no sense spinning our tires in the mud. What else are we playing for? No wonder the team is acting like a bunch of goddamn sour pusses out there. What do they have to play for?
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys notice that NFL football is essentially a sports soap opera? Seriously..

This shit almost always has a twist, and plays out theatrically, theres drama, storylines etc..

I can see how this is going to play out...

Mccown will start this weekend, he will get thumped.. setting up the opportunity to Pettine making the QB change...

AND GUESS WHAT...

Manziels 2nd debut will come against the BENGALS.. Thursday night.. a REMATCH of his nightmare from HELL... PRIMETIME..

WILL JOHNNY FACE HIS FEARS... AND RISE TO OCCASION TO BEAT THE TEAM THAT STARTED HIS LANDSLIDE?!?!?

OR WILL HE CAVE TO THE PRESSURE IN A DAZZLING DISPLAY OF DEFEAT?

WILL HE SLAY THE MIGHTY FURRED BEASTS IN THE BATTLE OF OHIO WITH HIS DEATH DEFYING MOVES?

OR WILL HE COLLAPSE AND GET DRAGGED BACK TO THE BENGALS DEN?!?!

FIND OUT ON THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!!!

A redo of one of the highest touted (ratings wise) regular season games ever.
    Last edited by PlaygroundLegend; 10-27-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

new megathread INCOMING. Watch out gents. (Hate to stifle the discussion here but we have QB talks in like 5 different threads right now).

WOOF WOOF WOOF!