Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 72 of 217

Thread: It all starts at the top.

  1. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,781
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go back and look. I said Khalil Mack was the #1 player in the 2014 draft and Aaron Donald was #2. I was ridiculed here for saying that.
    AO, would it make you feel better if we all just posted once that you are the absolute smartest fan on this site, always right, and always to be respected? It would save us all the pain an anguish from reading the same damn opening line to so many, many of your posts: "I predicted...." or "I said....".

    I've never seen someone so desperate to gain approval and respect from nameless, faceless people on the internet.

  2. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Ok.
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangelo930 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And his first act upon returning should be to cut Dwayne Bowe. What a disgrace he turned out to be. He is earning the easiest 9 million dollars I've ever seen.
    If Farmer were smart he would cut Bowe. That was his prize FA for only 9 mil., by cuting him he would be confirming what we already know, Farmer is a horrible GM.

  3. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Ok.
    Posts
    974
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brutalfacts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2-11. Yep 2-11 will raise a few eyeballs.

    Total defensive meltdown by a team coached by supposed defensive guru. Almost 1000 yards surrendered in two weeks.

    12 penalties this week, 10 last week. Sloppy teams are a reflection of the Head Coach.

    Injuries?? Chargers has a an OL that only recently met and 2 healthy receivers and STILL torched the defensive guru's defense.

    Did I mention 2-11 in his last 13 games.

    Reality is not hate. Mike Pettine has to fix HIS highly paid and poorly performing defense. That is job one, if he not successful then he must go ASAP. If he cannot manage his area of specialty there is no reason to think he can properly manage any other aspect of the team.

    He has the time. He has no excuses.
    The sad reality of the defense is everything you said. If Pettine thought it was something wrong with the d, he would have fixed it in the off-season. I thought the scheme was faulty last year, but after the 1st game this year,I knew the scheme was bad. Some of the defensive woes fall on the players, but a big part is the scheme they're in. No, he doesn't have time!

  4. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    6,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Says who? All I've heard on that front is rumors from "pay sites" and other conspicuous sources.

    I'll rephrase: Who's got bottom line responsibility for the roster PGL?
    That whole thing about Gilbert being Pettine pick has less legs to it than the rumor Jimmy made the Manziel pick.

    And if both are true, I am to believe Farmer even has a pair of balls? You are the GM with control of the 53 man roster in your contract, and in your first draft as a GM you didn't actually get to pick your guys in the 1st round.....
    Last edited by Masters; 10-05-2015 at 08:36 PM.

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    6,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Farmer has responsibility for everyone we have drafted starting with Joel Bitonio and on. So Farme rhad rounds 2nd-UDFA last year.. and all rounds this year. THis has been touted as not a "guess" or "rumor" bus as a fact
    Stating rumor as fact does not make it fact. It has been and still remains rumor, innuendo, and speculation

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tijeras, NM
    Posts
    3,089
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree with the OP in that nobody on the field wants the responsibility of being a team leader. No enthusiasm which tells me a couple things. 1 they are just here for a paycheck and 2 they aren't buying in to what the staff is selling. The only consistency I see are penalties. Penalties at the worst time. Now why is this? What is causing this? Lack of concentration? Lack of discipline? Poor work ethic? Lack of drive? 1 thing I don't see is a player or coach ready to grab a player's facemask and get in his face when he fucked up like the good teams do. No leadership and the OP is right......it starts at the top.
    God Bless America

    Worst to First Baby

    "Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

    "there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brutalfacts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2-11. Yep 2-11 will raise a few eyeballs.

    Total defensive meltdown by a team coached by supposed defensive guru. Almost 1000 yards surrendered in two weeks.

    12 penalties this week, 10 last week. Sloppy teams are a reflection of the Head Coach.

    Injuries?? Chargers has a an OL that only recently met and 2 healthy receivers and STILL torched the defensive guru's defense.

    Did I mention 2-11 in his last 13 games.

    Reality is not hate. Mike Pettine has to fix HIS highly paid and poorly performing defense. That is job one, if he not successful then he must go ASAP. If he cannot manage his area of specialty there is no reason to think he can properly manage any other aspect of the team.

    He has the time. He has no excuses.
    Just for the record, that 2-11 is not accurate. It is 2 of 11 or 2-9. Last year, we lost to Houston, beat Atlanta and then lost the last five games. This year we are 1-3 so far. So it is 1-6 plus 1-3 this year or 2-9.

    However, I agree with the sentiment. And in a couple of weeks, it likely will be 2-11.

    In order to salvage the season plus get Manziel on the field, Pettine needs to be replaced immediately. Replacing a head coach mid-season is not completely unprecedented. I believe that such an occurrence happened earlier this week.

    However, it should be noted that Miami has an even worse rushing defense than Cleveland. They have allowed 642 rushing yards. That is 78 more than No. 31 Cleveland. So there is that.

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BTW, it has occurred to me that with the recent public dissension in the Miami locker room, Tannehill might be available. If the Browns don't want to play Manziel, it might be possible to pry Tannehill away from Miami for Manziel. Tannehill could back up McCown this year and start next year.

    Anybody think that might be possible? And would it be a good idea. For those who support Pettine, it might be something that might give Pettine another year. What do you think?

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,525
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW, it has occurred to me that with the recent public dissension in the Miami locker room, Tannehill might be available. If the Browns don't want to play Manziel, it might be possible to pry Tannehill away from Miami for Manziel. Tannehill could back up McCown this year and start next year.

    Anybody think that might be possible? And would it be a good idea. For those who support Pettine, it might be something that might give Pettine another year. What do you think?
    Not to rain on your parade Cliff but the GM of the Dolphins just gave Tannehill that extension. The GM isn't going anywhere. Dolphins would have to be drunk to agree to trade away their franchise QB.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to rain on your parade Cliff but the GM of the Dolphins just gave Tannehill that extension. The GM isn't going anywhere. Dolphins would have to be drunk to agree to trade away their franchise QB.
    yeah, I know, but he seems to have the entire defense in an uproar. Easier to move one player that half the team.

    And Tannehill isn't exactly excelling at the moment. Tannehill has the league’s fifth-worst passer rating among starting quarterbacks at 77.1, ahead of only Jameis Winston, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett and Andrew Luck. And you may have noticed that it wasn't the GM who fired the coach.

  11. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
    Posts
    1,733
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Only one thing left to do......win the division. It can be done. Maybe all this sucking will light a fire under their asses. Maybe all this sucking is good. Maybe it's teaching them that other teams won't just run out, bow and hand them the win cause they saw how good the Browns D was gonna be on da E S P N's.

    Maybe they'll work harder, give more effort, pay more attention in practice and on game day.

    Maybe it will be more of the same.

    Regardless.....we can still win this division...we can still make the playoffs. This shit ain't over yet.

    Yes I'm probably delusional.

  12. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Broken Arrow, OK
    Posts
    6,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezrahauden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only one thing left to do......win the division. It can be done. Maybe all this sucking will light a fire under their asses. Maybe all this sucking is good. Maybe it's teaching them that other teams won't just run out, bow and hand them the win cause they saw how good the Browns D was gonna be on da E S P N's.

    Maybe they'll work harder, give more effort, pay more attention in practice and on game day.

    Maybe it will be more of the same.

    Regardless.....we can still win this division...we can still make the playoffs. This shit ain't over yet.

    Yes I'm probably
    You said it. I didn't. But just to reinforce it, consider we next play the Ravens and Broncos. If you can find a win there, you are better than me because I can't. Maybe the Rams, but the Rams are pretty good. Then you have the Cardinals, Bengals and Steelers before the bye. And, hooray, we get the Broncos and Cardinals at home. Realistically, it isn't until the 13th of December that I see a likely win.

    Okay, I will say it. You are delusional.

  13. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A world of shit
    Posts
    3,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is just my opinion..

    But I think Ray Farmer is about to light a fire under everyones asses.

    Ray Ray if you all dont remember doesnt take BS..




    I think he's gonna layeth the smacketh down on some candy asses. I'd be afraid to be Mike Pettine and Jim O'Neil in Berea right now.

    Ray gave Pettine the defense he wanted.. LA said Pettine "definitely had a hand in picking the groceries"

    If this team comes out with a new fire this week, we will know why
    If by everybody you meant...everybody...that includes the players, no?
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

    It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

  14. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said it. I didn't. But just to reinforce it, consider we next play the Ravens and Broncos. If you can find a win there, you are better than me because I can't. Maybe the Rams, but the Rams are pretty good. Then you have the Cardinals, Bengals and Steelers before the bye. And, hooray, we get the Broncos and Cardinals at home. Realistically, it isn't until the 13th of December that I see a likely win.

    Okay, I will say it. You are delusional.
    I have a feeling that 6 weeks from now there will no longer be a love fest for McCown and Pettine. I'll be surprised if they are better than 2-8 at that juncture. Now, it could happen, but based on what I see and what I have seen of their opponents, I'm not optimistic.

  15. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to rain on your parade Cliff but the GM of the Dolphins just gave Tannehill that extension. The GM isn't going anywhere. Dolphins would have to be drunk to agree to trade away their franchise QB.
    Tannehill doesn't have a deep threat this year and that's hurt him. Loss of Charles Clay hurt, too, who's having a big year for Buffalo.

  16. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Farmer were smart he would cut Bowe. That was his prize FA for only 9 mil., by cuting him he would be confirming what we already know, Farmer is a horrible GM.
    Every one of the Browns' GMs since 1999 has been a disaster. Every one. It's beyond comprehension that these people, who get paid all this money, can't properly evaluate football talent. I yelled at the TV "no" when took Quinn, did the same thing when they took Mingo and also when traded away an opportunity to get a great receiver or Khalil Mack to obtain Gilbert.

  17. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A world of shit
    Posts
    3,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The trade was the right move no ifs ands or butts.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

    It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

  18. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Farmer were smart he would cut Bowe. That was his prize FA for only 9 mil., by cuting him he would be confirming what we already know, Farmer is a horrible GM.
    Just more reason the horrific Farmer should be fired: As the Browns struggle horribly at OLB, Jabaal Sheard is having a great year, one of the Pats' most dependable rushers on a team tied for the lead in sacks. https://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...big_to_do_list

    Make you feel bad? Now let me make you feel worse by saying Ahytba Rubin is playing great in stopping the run for the Seahawks, as he did last night. Even Gruden cited him last night. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...awks-newcomers

    Then don't get me started on WR Charles Johnson who we let get away.

    Is Farmer the most incompetent GM in pro football? I say yes!
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 10-06-2015 at 10:41 AM.

  19. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,789
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Letting Rubin go was understandable, but then we cut Taylor...

    I always shook my head as to why we did not resign Sheard, he was superior to who we had at OLB, but they must've had hope Mingo would improve.

    Regardless... our defensive regression I think has more to do with coaching than personnel, IMO.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    "Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!


  20. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AO, would it make you feel better if we all just posted once that you are the absolute smartest fan on this site, always right, and always to be respected? It would save us all the pain an anguish from reading the same damn opening line to so many, many of your posts: "I predicted...." or "I said....".

    I've never seen someone so desperate to gain approval and respect from nameless, faceless people on the internet.
    No, because you are an asshole and a troublemaker you attack, and you are mentally disturbed, I am convinced of that. The point of the post was that a lot of people like me and others on this board (not you, you are wrong about everything when it comes to talent evaluation) can easily see the good players out there but Browns GMs are clueless.

    It's always the same ol same ol group of malcontents -- you, Hammer, Brutal Facts and BDU -- who just can't contain themselves and always have to ridicule other people rather than focus on discussion about the Browns. I call it immaturity, big time!

    It really gets old day after day. It's like dealing with a bunch of 10 year old boys -- boys who are bullies who aren't getting enough attention from their daddy or something missing in their lives!
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 10-06-2015 at 05:54 PM.

  21. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, because you are an asshole and a troublemaker you attack, and you are mentally disturbed, I am convinced of that. The point of the post was that a lot of people like me and others on this board (not you, you are wrong about everything when it comes to talent evaluation) can easily see the good players out there but Browns GMs are clueless.

    It's always the same ol same ol group of malcontents -- you, Hammer, Brutal Facts and BDU -- who just can't contain themselves and always have to ridicule other people rather than focus on discussion about the Browns. I call it immaturity, big time!

    It really gets old day after day. It's like dealing with a bunch of 10 year old boys -- boys who are bullies who aren't getting enough attention from their daddy or something missing in their lives!
    It's rigged, AO. The Browns will never win a championship at this pace. Might as well come to grips with it. Betcha they trade Johnny this off season, too. You know, the only QB with a win on this team. Hollywood can't even write a script as bad as this one. It's true in many regards.

    The Gilbert car ditch was a bad sign for this regime (same for the O Line coach and the GM suspension). It makes you wonder exactly what they're coaching them? Or, how incorrectly they're treating the players. Gilbert was very likable on draft day and something has gone wrong since.

    Bottom line is this: for a GM to text instructions to the sideline, then there's obviously no respect for the coaches on the field. Everything revolves around respect, and I see players less interested in buying into these philosophies. They call it "grad level" defense, but I'm just not seeing the sophisticated end product. Call the terminology a fraud if you will.

  22. #70
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, I know, but he seems to have the entire defense in an uproar. Easier to move one player that half the team.

    And Tannehill isn't exactly excelling at the moment. Tannehill has the league’s fifth-worst passer rating among starting quarterbacks at 77.1, ahead of only Jameis Winston, Colin Kaepernick, Ryan Mallett and Andrew Luck. And you may have noticed that it wasn't the GM who fired the coach.
    I'd rather not. Everything I've seen from Tannefail suggests he's capable of good play IF everything around him is firing on all cylinders. He's a poor man's Alex Smith. Ultimately, I feel like we'd be wasting time.

    Personally, I feel like we'd be putting a dirt cheap and potentially still the future Johnny in a better situation while bringing proven to not be the future and incredibly expensive Tannehill to a worse situation.

  23. #71
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    692
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man... I don't even know how to begin to fix this Browns team right now. It just seems like we're bad all over the place.I know there were a lot of positives to take away from Sunday's loss to the Chargers, but that doesn't really help me feel any better. We've been dealing with almost winning games for ages. Usually by Wednesday I am starting to bounce back and feel optimistic about the upcoming game, but right now I don't. Maybe it's because I haven't had my coffee yet. Or maybe it's because this team sucks and is underperforming in areas we thought should be strengths. I'm just sick of the Browns being the laughing stock of the NFL world.

  24. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    1,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You guys don't think that firing coaches after 1 season also has an effect. Dumping Mangini and then Chud was noticed around the league. No coach worth a damn would want to come to this team.

    Hell, I can't imagine why a QB would want to play here, or why anyone with a lick of talent would want to stay. McCown was super desperate to play to come to Cleveland, given he knew what he would face from the fans.

    The biggest problem with Cleveland is the whiny, entitled fans.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •