Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Gordon on @TMZsports this morning

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Josh Gordon on @TMZsports this morning

NFL's Josh Gordon -- I'm Busting My Ass ... for NFL Return http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/13/nfls-j...or-nfl-return/ via @TMZ_Sports

OK, it's just TMZ connecting some dots, but at least they're good dots. They've taken some social media posts by Josh showing he's working hard and made a story out of it.

However if:

• Crow and Duke can take care of the short passing game,
    • Rabbit and Flash take care of the deep game,
    • Barny and the smurfs do the intermediate stuff,
    • Hartline to move the sticks with sharp route running and reliable hands,
    • and maybe add the kid from Ole Miss this spring,

then maybe we'll be okay with our receiving core.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

Post Thanks / Like

Dude is a freak athlete. Here's to hoping he's truly a matured young man when his reinstatement occurs.

Post Thanks / Like

Good on him, he knows he has doubters and likely wants to prove them wrong. I hope he rewards those of us who have stood by him even though we've had every reason to give up on him.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

I look forward to Josh returning. There's no reason to cut ties with this guy. Let's keep in mind that Cris Carter was an addict who had to get cut to get his life straight before being an HOFer.

Maybe Josh has had enough bad luck to set himself straight? I truly hope so. He doesn't seem like a dirt bag at all.

In fact, compared to the truly heinous violent offenders who have missed far less time, Josh looks like just a dopey guy with questionable decision-making and terrible luck.

Plus, I loved watching him play for my team. As even Grossi admitted: greatest athlete he's ever seen in an orange helmet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damajuki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As even Grossi admitted: greatest athlete he's ever seen in an orange helmet.
    Yeah, I never saw Brown play but I can't think of anyone I'd list as a no-brainer ahead of Gordon. He's beyond immensely talented. Oh, and don't think for a second the Browns don't know it.

Post Thanks / Like

all this good news makes it even more frustrating hes not in pads now....
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Can only ope he pulls a Manziel and realizes this ain't good time college party level football. We need some size and speed and he's got tons. Pulling for him but he's gotta show up.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to take the opportunity to once again say his suspension is a disgusting farce. I completely and totally understand, and accept, that Josh Gordon's suspension falls on him for not adhering to the restrictions he agreed upon. With that said, a years suspension for having three alcoholic drinks on a three hour flight after the Browns season had ended with fellow players AND coaches present? What a fucking joke. If there was ever an instance where the NFL needed to fuck off, mind their own business and show an infinitesimal drop of discretion, that was fucking it. It's not like he was a drunken mess in the club. He had enough alcohol on a flight to leave a damn toddler sober. Having that much control over a player's life, and such overwhelmingly strict discipline if their control isn't maintained, is deeply disturbing. Dude better not ever get married and have some champagne. Dude better not win a Superbowl and dream of celebrating with a glass of fine whiskey. Imagine if he had a beer with his old man. Oh man, we might have to hang him in the streets.

I'm proud of the kid. He's kept his nose clean, joined his team mates in the off season to work out with them and appears to be in great shape. When the kid gets back, I hope he goes all hall of fame on us, and leaves the NFL with no choice but to love him. The kid they turned their back on because he had three drinks in three hours on a flight with coaches present. Disgusting. I've said it before and I'll say it again - one day that strict bullshit is going to result in a young player losing his career, falling into depression and killing himself - and I'll be sick to my stomach when the commish stands on the fucking podium saying the NFL did everything they could to help the young man, and are devastated by the tragic loss.

The handling of Gordon, and especially Tom Brady, shows the NFL has zero love or compassion for their players. They are there to make money, end of story. The second they aren't useful, they aren't even valued as human beings. Shit, Josh Gordon can't even drop into Berea and say hello to his team mates and coaches. He's literally been banished. It's insanity.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    I'm going to take the opportunity to once again say his suspension is a disgusting farce. I completely and totally understand, and accept, that Josh Gordon's suspension falls on him for not adhering to the restrictions he agreed upon. With that said, a years suspension for having three alcoholic drinks on a three hour flight after the Browns season had ended with fellow players AND coaches present? What a fucking joke. If there was ever an instance where the NFL needed to fuck off, mind their own business and show an infinitesimal drop of discretion, that was fucking it. It's not like he was a drunken mess in the club. He had enough alcohol on a flight to leave a damn toddler sober. Having that much control over a player's life, and such overwhelmingly strict discipline if their control isn't maintained, is deeply disturbing. Dude better not ever get married and have some champagne. Dude better not win a Superbowl and dream of celebrating with a glass of fine whiskey. Imagine if he had a beer with his old man. Oh man, we might have to hang him in the streets.

I'm proud of the kid. He's kept his nose clean, joined his team mates in the off season to work out with them and appears to be in great shape. When the kid gets back, I hope he goes all hall of fame on us, and leaves the NFL with no choice but to love him. The kid they turned their back on because he had three drinks in three hours on a flight with coaches present. Disgusting. I've said it before and I'll say it again - one day that strict bullshit is going to result in a young player losing his career, falling into depression and killing himself - and I'll be sick to my stomach when the commish stands on the fucking podium saying the NFL did everything they could to help the young man, and are devastated by the tragic loss.

The handling of Gordon, and especially Tom Brady, shows the NFL has zero love or compassion for their players. They are there to make money, end of story. The second they aren't useful, they aren't even valued as human beings. Shit, Josh Gordon can't even drop into Berea and say hello to his team mates and coaches. He's literally been banished. It's insanity.

Well written... All while King Roger is Ball washing the Krafts and the Rooneys.. The Browns get treated like 3rd world citizens.. In the meantime..the Chargers got treated to a questonable Helmet to Helmet call.. Then victory was heinously snatched away on anothe bogus call by the thugs in stripes.. Dan Rooney the 3rd must be great at sucking cock...or whoever the youngers Rooneys name is... But boy King Roger must be sporting some kind of wood...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post

Well written... All while King Roger is Ball washing the Krafts and the Rooneys.. The Browns get treated like 3rd world citizens.. In the meantime..the Chargers got treated to a questonable Helmet to Helmet call.. Then victory was heinously snatched away on anothe bogus call by the thugs in stripes.. Dan Rooney the 3rd must be great at sucking cock...or whoever the youngers Rooneys name is... But boy King Roger must be sporting some kind of wood...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ray Lewis is a murderer and I don't know if he missed any time. Yeah he wasn't convicted, but he absolutely should've been and based on how Goodell slammed Gordon Lewis should've been banned for life regardless.

Yet the patriots don't get any penalty. Rapistburger got no penalty.

Gordon? You can rot for a year for drinking on a plane after the season and for smoking pot which will probably be legal over the next couple of years. Did he fuck up? Yeah. Should it have cost him a year? Hell no!
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

A post-season drink on a plane and a MJ level that would have been fine with the Olympic committee. It's a hard one to swallow.

However, if it doesn't kill his NFL career and makes him stronger for it (to use a cliché), then I'll be happy for him.

Yeah, I'd like to see him catching passes for the Browns, but I'd more like for Josh the person to return. It has life pivoting potential. It'll be impressive if he can make it through.

(plus he's got that #12 tattoo on his back and all )
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaid_Up View Post
    Can only ope he pulls a Manziel and realizes this ain't good time college party level football. We need some size and speed and he's got tons. Pulling for him but he's gotta show up.
    I actually think the progress/success that Manziel has already had this year will only help him make that change. From what I can tell, Manziel was much more of a partier, and much less an athlete...so he has to look at this and say "I CAN DO THIS!"
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Dude is a freak athlete. Here's to hoping he's truly a matured young man when his reinstatement occurs.
    Yeah, we've seen the Josh Gordon media blitzes several times. They all fizzled out in failure and disappointment later.

Josh Gordon is a piece of shit who has let down everybody at the high school,college and professional level.

If he's a changed man when he's with the Browns next spring, keep him, but if you still see the signs of the malcontent many of us know and dislike, dump him in a trade.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    A post-season drink on a plane and a MJ level that would have been fine with the Olympic committee. It's a hard one to swallow.

However, if it doesn't kill his NFL career and makes him stronger for it (to use a cliché), then I'll be happy for him.

Yeah, I'd like to see him catching passes for the Browns, but I'd more like for Josh the person to return. It has life pivoting potential. It'll be impressive if he can make it through.

(plus he's got that #12 tattoo on his back and all )
    Good one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    NFL's Josh Gordon -- I'm Busting My Ass ... for NFL Return http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/13/nfls-j...or-nfl-return/ via @TMZ_Sports

OK, it's just TMZ connecting some dots, but at least they're good dots. They've taken some social media posts by Josh showing he's working hard and made a story out of it.

However if:

• Crow and Duke can take care of the short passing game,
    • Rabbit and Flash take care of the deep game,
    • Barny and the smurfs do the intermediate stuff,
    • Hartline to move the sticks with sharp route running and reliable hands,
    • and maybe add the kid from Ole Miss this spring,

then maybe we'll be okay with our receiving core.
    Uh, no.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Josh Gordon is a piece of shit who has let down everybody at the high school,college and professional level.
    I found this in hell....who knew
    Truth is AO that your a piece of shit poster. Whether or not that's the real you...who knows or cares. But you wouldn't be missed one bit if you took your persona somewhere other than here...
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

His first strike was from college.
    His second strike was subscription cough medicine
    His third strike was a sub-Olympic test fail
    His fourth was a drink on a plane after the last game.

Damn...this guy is OUT OF CONTROL!!! LOCK HIM UP BEFORE HE....um...before he...takes a baby aspirin or something crazy like that.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
    I found this in hell....who knew
    Truth is AO that your a piece of shit poster. Whether or not that's the real you...who knows or cares. But you wouldn't be missed one bit if you took your persona somewhere other than here...
    Thanks for another inspiring post. I can see why you like Josh Gordon -- like him, you're a malcontent yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    His first strike was from college.
    His second strike was subscription cough medicine
    His third strike was a sub-Olympic test fail
    His fourth was a drink on a plane after the last game.

Damn...this guy is OUT OF CONTROL!!! LOCK HIM UP BEFORE HE....um...before he...takes a baby aspirin or something crazy like that.
    Sometime in high school, say people who knew Gordon then, he started running with the wrong crowd.
    -- Elizabeth Merrill, ESPN

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometime in high school, say people who knew Gordon then, he started running with the wrong crowd.
    Again.. heresay..
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    Again.. heresay..
    Really? The reporter talked to some of his high school friends.

Post Thanks / Like

TMZ talks to friends all the time...
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

HIGH SCHOOL? This guy is now at least 6 years out of HS. Don't you think he may have changed a little? Pac Man Jones has turned his life around and he was WAY more screwed up.

I have never seen such vehimence against the ability of a person to grow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    HIGH SCHOOL? This guy is now at least 6 years out of HS. Don't you think he may have changed a little? Pac Man Jones has turned his life around and he was WAY more screwed up.

I have never seen such vehimence against the ability of a person to grow.
    Most malcontents remain malcontents. Occasionally one of them straightens out, but it doesn't happen every often.

Gordon hangs out with a bad group of people.

But like I said, bring in him next spring and closely observe. As I also said, I think it's 50-50 he'll get in trouble again soon.