Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 49 to 72 of 107

Thread: Josh Gordon on @TMZsports this morning

  1. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok new rule... your not allowed to fart...
    There are rules in the workplace a lot of people don't like, but they are smart enough and mature enough to know they better follow them if they want to stay employed. That's called maturity, a trait Gordon never heard of.

  2. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His first strike was from college.
    His second strike was subscription cough medicine
    His third strike was a sub-Olympic test fail
    His fourth was a drink on a plane after the last game.

    Damn...this guy is OUT OF CONTROL!!! LOCK HIM UP BEFORE HE....um...before he...takes a baby aspirin or something crazy like that.
    That's not the point. It doesn't matter that it was a little prescription cough medicine, or a barely under the limit test, or a small drink on a plane. The point is that he screwed up and was told to stop. And he screwed up again, and again, and again. I am beginning to believe that Gordon's problem isn't so much with substance, but with authority.

    This man (and I say MAN) is a professional athlete and he need to control himself. That is what is required when you get paid millions. Heck, even if you work in a factory you are expected to conduct yourself in an orderly fashion. I don't think my bosses would be happy if I showed up drunk to work.
    Last edited by Neo; 11-20-2015 at 11:57 PM.

  3. #51
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are rules in the workplace a lot of people don't like, but they are smart enough and mature enough to know they better follow them if they want to stay employed. That's called maturity, a trait Gordon never heard of.
    C'mon goober.. were talking about pot lol...big fuckin deal
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  4. #52
    OconRecon's Avatar
    OconRecon is online now #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chief BlueJacket's town
    Posts
    10,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Call his past bad luck, stupidity, or a combo of both. Doesn't matter. We all agree we'd prefer he'd play next year. I also would hope we're all pulling for the kid.

    Since the plane, he's passed all of his multi-weekly, or whatever that insane frequency is, drug tests, and this is his reaction to it all:

    (Posted yesterday)
    https://instagram.com/p/-VIJBAQjae/
    Last edited by OconRecon; 11-21-2015 at 06:21 AM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    OTA's: 5/23-25, 5/30-31, 6/1, 6/5-8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

  5. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    C'mon goober.. were talking about pot lol...big fuckin deal
    Down here in FL you get stopped for pot possession your name gets in the paper!

    Rules are rules until they are changed.

  6. #54
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Down here in FL you get stopped for pot possession your name gets in the paper!

    Rules are rules until they are changed.
    I couldnt give 2 shits about Fla..
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I couldnt give 2 shits about Fla..
    You're in a good mood this week! Maybe you can head into the Browns locker room and light the kind of fire under them we haven't seen all season!

  8. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Call his past bad luck, stupidity, or a combo of both. Doesn't matter. We all agree we'd prefer he'd play next year. I also would hope we're all pulling for the kid.

    Since the plane, he's passed all of his multi-weekly, or whatever that insane frequency is, drug tests, and this is his reaction to it all:

    (Posted yesterday)
    https://instagram.com/p/-VIJBAQjae/
    Ocon,

    Have you seen many athletes like this kid? Just that little clip you posted shows his uber rare combination of power, speed, and agility. He amazes me in how he never looks like he's "straining" or "over exerting" when he runs. He just glides and at an incredibly high rate of speed.

    I'm pulling for him and more directly his maturation. Kid has all the physical tools to be one of the best for a long time. Its just up to the space between his ears.

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also would hope we're all pulling for the kid.
    It could be electric, JFF and Gordon.

    I 100% expect him to start next season, from day 1.

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dude's "infractions" have been SO minor and so few and far between, let's be real: The punishment outweighed the crimes by miles and miles and miles.

    NFL needs to stop testing for pot, at least in the offseason!! It's SO old fashioned.

    Gordon continues to be tested and has no positives. That's like one borderline pass/fail in 2.5 years. Holy cripes already, this idea that he's some out of control junkie is so dim.
    As minor as it may seem to you, he still gave up and did not perform when he returned last year. That was of his own free will. He underachieved. Inexcusable! He simply can't be trusted both on the field and off.
    Cleveland Browns SuperBowl Era. I said it

  11. #59
    OconRecon's Avatar
    OconRecon is online now #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chief BlueJacket's town
    Posts
    10,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ocon,

    Have you seen many athletes like this kid?
    Soooo smooth. I agree. Sneaky speed, makes a hard cut look almost lazy he's so smooth, but he separates and is open. Frisbees for hands. And seems to be keeping is head down and working with energy to get back on the field. Every indication he's just accepted things and is focusing on training (vs pouting).

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It could be electric, JFF and Gordon.

    I 100% expect him to start next season, from day 1.
    You do get more confident since it's been so long since we've had a negative Josh report. When was that plane ride, like last New Year's Eve? And now we're at Thanksgiving, seems more and more solid with every passing month. Moderate 2016 confidence seems allowable, even though there'll always be a element of doubt about his ability to stay out of trouble.

    Manziel needs Josh. Manziel grew up with a big tall receiver. And (I know we all agree), what QB doesn't like/benefit from a big tall WR? That pile of guys Carson Palmer has to throw to is re-dunk-u-lous.

    Man, the complete failure of D-Bowe and Mayle really hurt. A pile of smurfs who can't outduel a DB, and maybe more importantly, can't block a lick. Especially against the ever popular "long corners" now a days. It's well known longer arms offer a huge blocking advantage. The smurfs ain't got'em.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    OTA's: 5/23-25, 5/30-31, 6/1, 6/5-8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

  12. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    6,802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnycomelately View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As minor as it may seem to you, he still gave up and did not perform when he returned last year. That was of his own free will. He underachieved. Inexcusable! He simply can't be trusted both on the field and off.
    I'm not sure he gave up. He was in a very difficult position. No practice with the team for over 10 weeks...then a turnstyle at QB....and a OC that had checked out and was already searching for jobs.

    Not saying he did things right...just that he may not be the only reason he failed on the comeback.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.



  13. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think a lot of you guys need to take a hiatus from the Browns. Just don't watch it for a couple of weeks, even watch other teams for awhile. Just for the sake that you can see the bigger picture. This team sucks SOOOO bad for so long that many of you are willing to overlook thinks that many good teams would have probably cut his ass for a long time ago. Even twisting reality a little to make it sound like it's no big deal.

    The guy had MANY opportunities to get his shit straight and pissed them away. Many of us wouldn't get those second, or third, or fourth chances like did. I think that's why some of us are as pissed as we are about the whole thing. There is more to life than just football..

  14. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    C'mon goober.. were talking about pot lol...big fuckin deal
    This guy's life hangs in the balance, they tell him to stop, they start testing him, and he still pushes his limits. By your logic, it would be ok for a guy with multiple DUI charges to show up at an AA meeting and say " I want to get sober, but first, one for old time sake" and he just pulls out a shot glass and downs a shot in front of the room. Stop means STOP. Not a little here, a little there.

  15. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,728
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think a lot of you guys need to take a hiatus from the Browns. Just don't watch it for a couple of weeks, even watch other teams for awhile. Just for the sake that you can see the bigger picture. This team sucks SOOOO bad for so long that many of you are willing to overlook thinks that many good teams would have probably cut his ass for a long time ago. Even twisting reality a little to make it sound like it's no big deal.

    The guy had MANY opportunities to get his shit straight and pissed them away. Many of us wouldn't get those second, or third, or fourth chances like did. I think that's why some of us are as pissed as we are about the whole thing. There is more to life than just football..
    Pacman Jones is playing some really good football for a one loss team. There's a number of other examples.

    Emotion, either way, is a bad thing for a FO and coaching staff to make personnel decisions. If Gordon is available and at that point looks like he's got his you know what together; you'd be stupid to rigidly stick to a "you've burned me before" stance.

    I, for one, am not saying he's a lock or anything. If it were me I'd be assuming he's not part of the future. However, I'd meet him with a fresh ledger if (or when) he gets reinstated. If he looks, sounds, and acts like a young man who's finally "gotten it" I'd put him back out there.

  16. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Zabok, Croatia
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Josh Gordon is the least of our problems.

    Dude has been attacked way too much for minor transgressions.

    He is one of our really rare potential gamebreakers.
    It pains me to see that some people think outright say we should cut him.

    Absolute no, no, FUCK NO.

    If he fucks up one more time, it 's gg for him and his career, he will never get anything more than an incentive laden short contracts.
    If he even returns after that.

    Dude 's dominance, get us a flex tight end, Benjy, him and Barny are one hell of a matchup nightmare.
    You can 't cover all of that.

    #2 will throw to #12 and it should be one of the most exciting connections ever, one that should bring a lot of points.
    http://www.barkinghard.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1122_6.gif

  17. #65
    nickers's Avatar
    nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In Da City!
    Posts
    5,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This guy's life hangs in the balance, they tell him to stop, they start testing him, and he still pushes his limits. By your logic, it would be ok for a guy with multiple DUI charges to show up at an AA meeting and say " I want to get sober, but first, one for old time sake" and he just pulls out a shot glass and downs a shot in front of the room. Stop means STOP. Not a little here, a little there.

    No.. shut it dude.. c'mon.. this is dumb... Two totally different scenarios.. Take your YAZ , man.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP



    Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

  18. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No.. shut it dude.. c'mon.. this is dumb... Two totally different scenarios.. Take your YAZ , man.
    While I agree that breaking the rules is breaking the rules, the arguments clouding around Josh Gordon stem from several different levels of right vs wrong.

    Propaganda gave weed it's stigma. People have smoked weed and become president in this country. I haven't heard anyone against Josh Gordon, specifically talk about why weed is so bad, and why it needs to be tested for. Even the test that popped him is suspect. I don't really see the point in setting a limit, and then setting the limit that low.

    Weed is becoming legal in many places in this country, not nearly as big a "problem" in other sports because of their testing policies vs the NFL, and is as purely a recreational drug as alcohol which nobody cares about unless you get a DUI, or you are Johnny Manziel (or Joe Namath...



    It sucks that he got popped for something many people, including athletes at all levels, are enjoying without penalty, around the world.

    There's some right vs wrong gray area there that tagged Gordon on the ass. Without that very trivial scenario of whether or not he smoked weed, two separate samples averaging below the limit (and no consideration from the league on that front), nobody would care about him having a couple drinks on a plane with his teammates, the Browns reap the benefit of having him in the offense through the past two full off-seasons, and Gordon is looking forward towards playing in a contract year.

    Make it all about JGXII if you want, but that's pretty narrow-minded in my opinion. He's been made an example of. He's been let down by the League, the Players-Association by way of the CBA, and society.

    I'm by no means saying feel bad for him, that's life, but I'm sure we can all agree there are parts of life that aren't fair.
    _____________________________________
    "Just take me to the Happy Dog and shut up."




    "Typical "smartest man in the room" syndrome." - Pot, meet kettle.

  19. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure he gave up. He was in a very difficult position. No practice with the team for over 10 weeks...then a turnstyle at QB....and a OC that had checked out and was already searching for jobs.

    Not saying he did things right...just that he may not be the only reason he failed on the comeback.
    Extraordinary the excuses for Gordon by a group of fans who have total amnesia about how this guy gave up on patterns during games, didn't make the effort to learn the plays and often ran bad routes, dogged it in practice, and was a general all around bummer for the entire team during the latter part of 2014.

  20. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmBrown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I agree that breaking the rules is breaking the rules, the arguments clouding around Josh Gordon stem from several different levels of right vs wrong.

    Propaganda gave weed it's stigma. People have smoked weed and become president in this country. I haven't heard anyone against Josh Gordon, specifically talk about why weed is so bad, and why it needs to be tested for. Even the test that popped him is suspect. I don't really see the point in setting a limit, and then setting the limit that low.

    Weed is becoming legal in many places in this country, not nearly as big a "problem" in other sports because of their testing policies vs the NFL, and is as purely a recreational drug as alcohol which nobody cares about unless you get a DUI, or you are Johnny Manziel (or Joe Namath...



    It sucks that he got popped for something many people, including athletes at all levels, are enjoying without penalty, around the world.

    There's some right vs wrong gray area there that tagged Gordon on the ass. Without that very trivial scenario of whether or not he smoked weed, two separate samples averaging below the limit (and no consideration from the league on that front), nobody would care about him having a couple drinks on a plane with his teammates, the Browns reap the benefit of having him in the offense through the past two full off-seasons, and Gordon is looking forward towards playing in a contract year.

    Make it all about JGXII if you want, but that's pretty narrow-minded in my opinion. He's been made an example of. He's been let down by the League, the Players-Association by way of the CBA, and society.

    I'm by no means saying feel bad for him, that's life, but I'm sure we can all agree there are parts of life that aren't fair.
    Sounds all well and good. But flunk a drug test given by a major company and you are out as an employee. Same with the NFL.

    Rules are rules and if you can't live by them then find another place to work and another line of work! Period.

  21. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gordon's greatest crime is fucking AO's daughter. I can imagine any other way that little pussy would get so worked up about Gordon.
    I can't imagine any company that would hire a jerk like you either, and you may find out one day you don't get a job you want because many employers are smart enough to check the online history of people they are considering hiring.

    You may know football, but you are a total train wreck as a human being!

  22. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds all well and good. But flunk a drug test given by a major company and you are out as an employee. Same with the NFL.

    Rules are rules and if you can't live by them then find another place to work and another line of work! Period.
    Exactly why I ignore you, and why I'm dumb for unhiding your post, I was doing good for a while there just scrolling past. Your broken record rhetoric is long since tired. We all know and understand about breaking rules, in relation to losing jobs, blah blah blah, seriously it's disgusting how you sink your point in.

    And your response, for all intents and purposes because of how often you repeat yourself, provided nothing to the discussion. You bury discussions here underneath your pretense.
    _____________________________________
    "Just take me to the Happy Dog and shut up."




    "Typical "smartest man in the room" syndrome." - Pot, meet kettle.

  23. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Athens, Ohio
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think people need to stop shaming Josh Gordon! The Browns still back him, and while that might not be saying much considering the state of the team, him staying with the team and turning it around is something I would like to see, period!
    _____________________________________
    "Just take me to the Happy Dog and shut up."




    "Typical "smartest man in the room" syndrome." - Pot, meet kettle.

  24. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MalcolmBrown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly why I ignore you, and why I'm dumb for unhiding your post, I was doing good for a while there just scrolling past. Your broken record rhetoric is long since tired. We all know and understand about breaking rules, in relation to losing jobs, blah blah blah, seriously it's disgusting how you sink your point in.

    And your response, for all intents and purposes because of how often you repeat yourself, provided nothing to the discussion. You bury discussions here underneath your pretense.
    Great and most of your comments are hate mail that add nothing to discussion. So you are a hypocrite!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •