Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 241 to 259 of 259

Thread: Manziel: In Trouble AGAIN!

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    6,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok.. I'll play this game with those that want to..

    Let's just say Manziel DID put his hands on her...

    Now the question is.. "Is there ever a good reason to put your hands on a woman?"

    Some of you will cry "no... never"

    However that's completely disregarding the entire situation.
    PGL, you do pose an interesting point here, when talking hypothetical situations. That include the notion of "completely disregarding the entire situation", as we don't know what all actually happened in that car, so what you are saying is the "entire situation" is still hypothetical. Just as you leave out the possibility he did more than restrain or attempt to restrain her, considering she was claiming he hit her too (don't know if he did or didn't, but it is not beyond the possibility).

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If your driving down the freeway... with your drunk girlfriend with her phone in your lap, and your wallet in the center console... and she starts have a drunk spastic attack over you meeting up with another woman while you are driving... fast on the freeway.. and she reaches over and starts grabbing stuff.. while your driving fast on the freeway. .. and she's not listening to you saying stop... relax.. etc.. she is interfering with you operating the vehicle... this is what most likely causes the swerving.. she is putting both of your lives in danger. In order to operate the vehicle safetly.. you need her to stop thrashing around and get out of your operating space.

    I have no doubt manziel at this point pushed her away. . Maybe even into the window.. and held her back while he regained control of the vehicle.

    How on earth is a situation like that not justified?

    A tussell in the car with Manziel pushing and holder her back can definitely feel and seem like "hitting" from her perspective. Which caused the comments.

    Guys... there's nothing wrong with that. At all. It's nornal.

    Shit.. I've had 3 girlfriends flip out on me while I'm driving on the freeway.. they have grabbed the wheel.. my legs.. smacked me.. got in my face.. thrown punches.. etc

    It has been a normal occurance... and I have had to subdue them while driving for our own safety.

    This is a normal thing.

    If there are those of you who have never ever been in a physical and emotional situation with a significant other of the opposite sex.. i applaud you..

    But like some guy said on the obr forum.. that's living in a bubble
    In the hypothetical situation you described above, if the events were he's just driving down the road, his GF is in a drunken rage, and is that person, sure I'd say it's reasonable to have to attempt to physically restrain her, physically holder her back, which could unfortunately result in some physical injury. The picture you are painting in this hypothetical is essentially self defense.

    Most others are basically giving their own hypothetical that what occurred was not that. I have seen few and far between where anyone is out right saying Manziel is just some women beater, only that they leave open the door for the possibility that he could be, that what happened in that car wasn't as just self defense, none of which is unreasonable. The hypothetical you paint is not to far off from the hypotheticals people painted for the Ray Rice incident, until that video came out. We just don't now what happened in that car, so there are going to be a lot of "what if" discussions.

    Going all BS on this, no one is saying a one way street exists where it's a "never lay hands on a woman" because they are some fragile creating. Just as I don't think anyone is saying its a free game for it to be okay for women to lay hands on a man. Or okay for men to hit men, or women to hit women. For me, it's as simple as this, there is never a valid reason for physical violence to begin with (that does not rule out self defense, as if no one started the physical violence there would be nothing to defend against). Through the history of our world violence has never solved actually solved anything. Violence just results in more violence. There is no situation where actually rationally discussion out an issue that it cannot be solved. Reality is that's a pipe dream and an ideal world, which I don't see existing anytime in the near or distance future.

    It is unfortunately a "normal" situation in our world for there to be physical abuse in a relationship between people, be it man abusing woman, woman abusing man, man abusing man, woman abusing woman, etc.

    As to it being a normal thing in relationships you get in, well, all I could really say to that is you might want to re-evaluate your choice in woman, and what you want in a relationship (i.e. wanting drama).
    Last edited by Masters; 10-24-2015 at 02:15 PM.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,558
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BTW...Steve Doerschuck said on Thursday's Red Zone as he was leaving Berea he was cut off by JFF who went on to drive erratically. He added he believes JFF just says all the right things, but doesn't really care. This all happened Friday 10-16-15.

    The HORROR! JFF is not a courteous driver! Cut him NOW!

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaydog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem older than 21 PGL. How do you end up with so many psycho bitches? You hanging with JFF?
    Im 26


    I dont choose women they choose me.

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im 26


    I dont choose women they choose me.
    Reminded me of Tropic Thunder.

    "I don't read the script. Script reads me."
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Eden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The HORROR! JFF is not a courteous driver! Cut him NOW!
    I think, while not really anything beyond noteworthy, the fact that he's had two heresay reported accounts of cutting journalists off in a weeks time is something that could be used to suggest he's a bit of a douche if anything.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    6,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Exactly EE. Add in it might show the erratic driving proceeding the incident might not have been from a drunk gf in the passenger seat

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the unit of measure for "power" in your weird ass twisted logic? Physical strength? Authority?

    Actually, don't bother. What kills me is you calling yourself enlightened.
    Do you even freedom, bro?

  8. #248
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you say men shouldn't hit women you're implying that it's ok for men to hit other men, or than women can hit men.

    Or that it's somehow less of a sin.

    As if women have no utility regarding their situation (like children).

    In regards to hitting women specifically...

    You're standing on some weird soapbox arguing against no one. Not one person has said they think it's ok for a man to hit a woman.

    The initiation of force is immoral.
    Hahaha Jesus fucking Christ.

    I'll bite - Yeah, I think it's worse for a man to hit a woman than it is for a man to hit a man. If I see two dudes brawling in the street, I'm filming that shit. If I see a guy brawling with a girl in the street, I'm jumping in and swinging on him. I don't think that's treating a woman like a child, I think it's understanding our very biology. We are bigger, we are stronger, we are raised as better fighters. We probably all know women who could kick our asses, so I'm not saying women aren't capable of protecting themselves, but it is a biological fact that men are typically larger, stronger and much better equipped for fighting than women. If I see a guy beating up a guy half his size, I'm treating it exactly the same way and jumping in.

    Interestingly enough, there was a viral video recently going around that went like this.

    - Young man is punching the crap out of another young man, who happens to be blind and screaming in fear.
    - Bigger young man comes over and knocks out the young man in one punch, grabbing the blind kid and protecting him, standing over the now-unconscious young man and threatening the results of hurting someone who is blind again.

    Based on the comments, 99.9% of people agreed the guy who was beating up the "weaker" male was immoral, not the guy protecting the "weaker" male, who was seen as being the moral of the two. Do you think they're all as bad as each other, the blind kid too who was desperately trying to swing back? Based on your logic, they're all as bad as each other. Based on my logic, the kid who got knocked out had it coming.

    This is the same thing. A professional football player getting rough with a near anorexic woman isn't my idea of strong. I very that very differently to, say, Johnny throwing punches on the field? That, I'd be totally cool with.

    On to PGL's point, I agree that at times there is a line that is crossed, and a man either has to protect himself or losing his control is completely understandable. With that said, my ex and I broke up last year, and her punching into me more and more often was a large reason why the end came. It was getting harder and harder to control myself, and the more I did, the more confident she got in hitting me because she knew I wouldn't fight back. Had things escalated to a dangerous level, I'd have dropped her on the spot, and enjoyed the shit out of it. She actually reminds me of Johnny's girlfriend, she was an entitled little shit who had never heard the word no in her life and hated hearing it from me. I don't know Johnny's girlfriend, of course, but I'll bet my bottom dollar she's the exact same. It can't be easy, but he's a professional athlete, he better not put hands on her - I don't care what she does to his phone.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    8,100
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hahaha Jesus fucking Christ.

    I'll bite - Yeah, I think it's worse for a man to hit a woman than it is for a man to hit a man. If I see two dudes brawling in the street, I'm filming that shit. If I see a guy brawling with a girl in the street, I'm jumping in and swinging on him. I don't think that's treating a woman like a child, I think it's understanding our very biology. We are bigger, we are stronger, we are raised as better fighters. We probably all know women who could kick our asses, so I'm not saying women aren't capable of protecting themselves, but it is a biological fact that men are typically larger, stronger and much better equipped for fighting than women. If I see a guy beating up a guy half his size, I'm treating it exactly the same way and jumping in.

    Interestingly enough, there was a viral video recently going around that went like this.

    - Young man is punching the crap out of another young man, who happens to be blind and screaming in fear.
    - Bigger young man comes over and knocks out the young man in one punch, grabbing the blind kid and protecting him, standing over the now-unconscious young man and threatening the results of hurting someone who is blind again.

    Based on the comments, 99.9% of people agreed the guy who was beating up the "weaker" male was immoral, not the guy protecting the "weaker" male, who was seen as being the moral of the two. Do you think they're all as bad as each other, the blind kid too who was desperately trying to swing back? Based on your logic, they're all as bad as each other. Based on my logic, the kid who got knocked out had it coming.

    This is the same thing. A professional football player getting rough with a near anorexic woman isn't my idea of strong. I very that very differently to, say, Johnny throwing punches on the field? That, I'd be totally cool with.

    On to PGL's point, I agree that at times there is a line that is crossed, and a man either has to protect himself or losing his control is completely understandable. With that said, my ex and I broke up last year, and her punching into me more and more often was a large reason why the end came. It was getting harder and harder to control myself, and the more I did, the more confident she got in hitting me because she knew I wouldn't fight back. Had things escalated to a dangerous level, I'd have dropped her on the spot, and enjoyed the shit out of it. She actually reminds me of Johnny's girlfriend, she was an entitled little shit who had never heard the word no in her life and hated hearing it from me. I don't know Johnny's girlfriend, of course, but I'll bet my bottom dollar she's the exact same. It can't be easy, but he's a professional athlete, he better not put hands on her - I don't care what she does to his phone.
    Do you even freedom, bro?

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Freedom isn't free...

    It costs a hefty fucking fee...

    Like smacking some woman in the face, apparently.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hell froze over
    Posts
    2,240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've known several women in my life that believe the "never hit a woman" shield gives them the license to hit, stab, bite and verbally berate males.
    I'm not talking random dates that went bad, I'm talking FAMILY. I've got some real nuts in the tree over here. I was raised NEVER HIT A WOMAN, but if one is coming at me with a knife or gun, or reaches over and grabs the wheel or starts goinging my eyes while I'm driving you better believe someone is getting decked.
    I've had my share of abuse from females who thought it was fun to use the weaker sex shield and I'm not standing for that shit. I walk away, don't come after me.
    You want to threaten my life, oh you're getting it just as good as any male would.
    I don't mean to sound like an ass, but "please" don't stop crazy.
    Last edited by Tobalaz; 10-25-2015 at 04:21 AM.
    You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    your toolbox
    Posts
    5,615
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    this thread is spiraling ... debating on hitting women??

    This is hitting a woman

    vvv

    just beat it

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    3,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

    the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LaCanfora writing more garbage...

    He needs to eat shit.

    Basically this is all because we 'benched' Manziel.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

  15. #255
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you even freedom, bro?

  16. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lol.

    This is amazing.

    Why isnt it "never hit someone weaker than you"

    Why the specifics for gender??

    Or Why not "the initiation of force is immoral"?

    Because maybe you're sexist as fck.

  17. #257
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    13,383
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because maybe you're sexy as fck.
    Aw, shucks. I don't bat for that team but if you keep showering me with such compliments, you might get a hand job.

  18. #258
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    L to the A
    Posts
    17,976
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not a big fan of anybody hitting anybody unless he's defending himself or someone else. It's pretty fucking neanderthal. But that's just me. I've been in more than my share of dust-ups but I've never initiated. Maybe I have a Manziel face.

  19. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    15,553
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm gonna close this since there's a new thread for rejuvenated discussion...
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •