Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manziel: In Trouble AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masters View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hammer, no rehab teaches you to moderate. The goal of rehab, which is a life time affair, is to control your addition (which is never touching the drug or alcohol again).
    I didn't relay my sarcasm even close.. my bad. im not surprised unfortunately with his drinking....whoever we get next must be 6'-4" and 250lbs....or close lol
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the sarcasm :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Masters View Post
    Perhaps she wanted to jump outo of the moving car because he was speeding on the median and pushing her head against the window? We have no real idea what was going on in that car between the two of them.
    It makes me look like an asshole, but I find the idea of Manziel trying to Chris Brown his girlfriend kind of hilarious.

I doubt it was anything like that but still now you've got my mind wandering.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Nobody knows what went on, we can only speculate. We don't know the maturity level of his girlfriend (not blaming her). Some people who get extremely drunk act extremely immature when in that state. Some people will say or do anything to get their way when highly intoxicated. She could have just said that stuff because she was wasted and trying to get him in trouble. There was no evidence of abuse.

I know, I have been around drunks my entire life from about five years old. It would not be out of the realm of possibility that she was just shitfaced and acting like a spoiled brat because she didn't get her way. I bet something similar happened with the Ray Rice thing.

That was my thinking, too. After reading MKC's story about it in the PD, though, I was disturbed how Manziel didn't realize how he would the lives of people on the road in great danger. He and the girl easily could have been killed.

On wonders about the girl from the perspective that a girl worth something would have tried to help Johnny stay sober by avoidance of alcohol.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 10-18-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Evil View Post
    It makes me look like an asshole, but I find the idea of Manziel trying to Chris Brown his girlfriend kind of hilarious.

I doubt it was anything like that but still now you've got my mind wandering.
    No one thought Chris Brown would pull a Chris Brown until he did. You just never know.

Cleveland PD writers are now saying there have been rumors that Manziel has been frequenting bars down town too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eqrulz101 View Post
    It maybe someone's daughter but from my view, (not there but from reading the reports) she was the one acting unreasonable. She was trying to jump out of a MOVING car and he was stopping her. She was drunk, we have all dealt with drunk people, they can be very unreasonable at times, especially drunk girlfriends. To act like she was a victim is baffling to me. If I were Johnny, I would definitely be considering if this was the right person for me.
    Good post. The problem is that if girls get stood up these days, they'll commit suicide or do something rash. And, if Johnny left her at the club, girls will burn something down. It's a war on [men] in many regards.

I hear they're developing a female robot that will cook, clean, clean fish, gut deer, and screw without all the friggin nagging. Debutes in 2050 thereabouts.

Post Thanks / Like

he is NOT in trouble, story over.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    I hear they're developing a female robot that will cook, clean, clean fish, gut deer, and screw without all the friggin nagging. Debutes in 2050 thereabouts.
    I'll be a young 63 when this happens. Right on!
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

What annoys me most about this all, is all of this would be avoided with common sense.

We all (most of us minus Masters) knew this lush wasn't going to allow for a sober Johnny.

Yet those closest to him weren't aware?

Or maybe they were and Johnny just wouldn't listen.

Also, this happened on Monday. Johnny is out partying, getting his girl wasted, and doing his own share of drinking apparently ....which he is back to doing on the regular.

Instead of studying until he can't keep his eyes open, and trying to defy the odds and take this franchise to the promised land, Johnny is STILL tipping them back.

I would say just cut this waste ....but that is too kind. Relegate him to 3rd string, and keep him there until his career is over and nobody else including the Cowboys will touch him.
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 10-18-2015 at 11:26 AM.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1dawgfan View Post
    he is NOT in trouble, story over.
    Trouble with the law, sure. With the team, the NFL, and more importantly his life, that's tbd

Post Thanks / Like

TBPP, I knew nothing about this girl until this story. So I am simply not passing a harsh sweeping judgement regarding her like you are so willing to do

Please enlighten me on what you know of her, aside from a college party video, and this instance. Perhaps if I had the further information regarding her that you have, I would be far more critical of her. Then again, I would still come back to JM, as he controls who is in his personal life.u

Post Thanks / Like

It's easy for us to say he should cut the cord or what have you, how many of us have been truly in love with a shitty person? How easy was it to let them go?

There's always variables that are not considered.
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Very true EE. Though Manziel's personal demons are at the core of this. Far more than some girl he dates.

Post Thanks / Like

I know but I'm just playing devil's advocate here since many seem hellbent on demonizing Manziel here. I just want to cut him some slack. Regardless, he is the one with the problem he's trying to overcome and this incident does nothing to help his cause there.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

What I mean by that is it is a proven psychological tendency to place the faults of another upon their inefficiencies or weaknesses but attribute our own to circumstance, so I am merely trying to show that there could be some circumstantial fault here for Manziel in spite of any weakness of judgement/character.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Hard decisions are not easy to make. Duh. Nobody gets a pass for taking the easy way out.

As far as Crowley. Her partying lifestyle is WELL documented. And it was noted here by yours truly she would bee a problem. Birds of a feather and all that. Feel free to use Google, its all there.

From what I know, I don't believe Johnny even has a "drinking problem". I believe he has a "entitled, I am king shit, nobody can tell me what to do" problem. Let's keep coming up with new reasons as to why Johnny can't succeed. I don't believe it's substance abuse anymore. I believe it is a spoiled rich kids lack of desire, and total lack of respect for anyone other than himself.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2...t-with-police/

Cut him some slack? Really?! This kid has had slack miles long cut for him already.
    Last edited by TheBestPlayersPlay; 10-18-2015 at 12:40 PM.
    I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

It's called being contrarian, sometimes I just like to do it obligatorily. I'm just tired of us sending first round picks through the ol' wood chipper Fargo style.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

This is so typical. Absolving Johnny is a sport for some. He wastes his rookie year...coaches fault, Hoyer's fault. Not Johnny's fault. How can he possibly take responsibility when all these evil people are out to get him.

His father makes known his concerns that Johnny has anger and drinking issues before the dude was drafted. A fight with his girl that escalates to TWO separate witnesses calling police to report the on goings....no big deal. His girl's fault. She's a crazy bitch. Blame her, not Johnny, he couldn't control his own behavior. The chic wanted her phone. It's HER phone. Who is Johnny to refuse to give it to her? Yep...all her fault. She's clearly toxic for him, but she's not the one reported to have been driving 90mph, passing people in the berm of the freaking highway. she's also not the one who supposedly sought treatment "on his own" cough**bullsh**cough so he could prove he was serious about regaining the team's trust.

No big deal. A guy who is known to have anger and drinking issues gets angry enough to drive out of control and then admits he's been drinking. No problem there. Any other Joe Schmo gets pulled over in the same circumstance ain't walking away scot free.

The truth is the boy needs a babysitter...full time. His other one went back to Texas. the Browns are going to have to put one on the payroll if they intend to keep him. He clearly can't do it without one, and McCown is busy preparing for games.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    Hard decisions are not easy to make. Duh. Nobody gets a pass for taking the easy way out.

As far as Crowley. Her partying lifestyle is WELL documented. And it was noted here by yours truly she would bee a problem. Birds of a feather and all that. Feel free to use Google, its all there.

From what I know, I don't believe Johnny even has a "drinking problem". I believe he has a "entitled, I am king shit, nobody can tell me what to do" problem. Let's keep coming up with new reasons as to why Johnny can't succeed. I don't believe it's substance abuse anymore. I believe it is a spoiled rich kids lack of desire, and total lack of respect for anyone other than himself.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2...t-with-police/

Cut him some slack? Really?! This kid has had slack miles long cut for him already. He's a d-bag.
    He had a rolled bill in his hand. I think he's addicted to narcotics of some type and EtOH. What we know for sure is he has an addiction problem and abuses drugs. Subsequent to rehab he now his this EtOH related incident. He shouldn't have any recreational drugs onboard period.

It's not the end of the world for him, but he's going to have to go back into rehab if he had any drugs in him. And his progression as a starting QBOTF just got put on hold...again.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah...It's all Pettine's fault too.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sarge View Post
    Good post. The problem is that if girls get stood up these days, they'll commit suicide or do something rash. And, if Johnny left her at the club, girls will burn something down. It's a war on [men] in many regards.

I get the sarcasm and really have to say I do not appreciate it. If my post came across as misogynistic it was not my intention in the least. I have an amazing wife of 15 years and love and respect her the utmost. I would never belittle women or their role in my life. That does not mean that she hasn't gotten drunk and acted unreasonable. I have gotten drunk and acted unreasonable. It is what drunk people do. That was the point of my post.

Post Thanks / Like

The rehab stint was a tragic, brilliant excuse for us to give this kid a clean slate.

I think it's more of a kid who has everything already, wanting to party and enjoy life more than he wants to work hard at professional football.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Now watch Manziel have to play today, and put on a clinic.
    - Paul Brown

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to point out the missus also has a picture of a bong on her instagram from 24 weeks ago. It has two people's feet in front of it, and neither looks like they belong to Johnny, but that's the type of girl she is. She's a hard partying socialite who doesn't give a fuck about anything but Johnny's bankroll.

Dude needs to drop her. She's making things worse for him.