Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Manziel: In Trouble AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm disappointed that he drank at all but he was legal and she was shitfaced, so we know he was showing restraint. I've read or heard nothing about him drinking since rehab, and God knows we'd all see the pictures. We always do.

I think it was a bad choice on his part, to be sure. But not an illegal one and nobody got arrested.

Post Thanks / Like

DawgPoundNation.com ‏@DawgPoundNation 3h3 hours ago
    FWIW, @JayGlazer says the #Browns consider Manziel an "A+ player" despite Monday's incident. @JasonLaCanfora says they're over him.

Glazer actually has contacts. Browns have long ago frozen out LaConfora who's had a vendetta for ages.

Post Thanks / Like

FUCK LaCanfora. What a POS.

IF we were over him, we would've gotten rid of him already.
    BROWNS 2017: FUCK IT, DUDE... LET'S GO BOWLING

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Sound like wrong girl, if she love Manziel she would do everything in her power to help him out and stay off the drink. It is worth it as the rewards for Manziel success would be worth it. it got to better for her to have a happy marriage and family and nice home together than a fanstatic night out with lot of booze she won't remember next day.

Post Thanks / Like

What I have read that sounds factual:
    1. Manziel was not determined to be impaired when he was pulled over...so that seems to corraborate his "two drinks" ascertation
    2. The 90MPH comment was from a woman watching the car go by her on an off-ramp. Not sure about you, but I doubt there are many that have any clue how fast another car is going...especially when they themselves are moving. He likely was speeding, but taking the 90MPH as gospel is a stretch at best.
    3. Crowley was shitfaced. Not sure how much of her story is true or not. I know I got accused of pushing a friend once while he was drunk...he had actually tripped. Drunk people tend to exagerate and deny their own issues.
    4. Police said no evidence of physical altercation...she said he pushed her head against the window...but that could easily be shit hit her head against the window trying to get out, or when the car made a turn.
    5. Monday is the day off for NFL players....and just because he went out later in the day does not mean he did not study film/playobbok earlier in the day.

Right now, nobody knows anything other than Crowley and Manziel were fighting, Crowley was drunk and Manziel had a couple but was NOT drunk. Manziel was LIKLEY speeding...but no evidence as to the speed.

Let this one play out. To me, I would watch the drinking, but stay out of his relationship (although she doesn't seem to be a good influence).
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the optimism Dawg but the underlying tone of this thing is nothing but negative for Manziel and the Browns.

He really can't afford any issues like this both for himself personally and for those of us affiliated with him via his employment with the Cleveland Browns. I continue to pull for the young man but I'd be lying if I wasn't concerned.

Post Thanks / Like

Drinking and partying is a normal thing for that age group, so to an extent I can understand. Hell man, I was in private schools for a decent chunk of my life before I spent my junior and senior years at highschool so when I got out I went absolutely nuts.
    Still, I had a job and didn't let my drinking and occasional joint interfere with my work, nor did I have a job that cared about those things.
    Problem is addicts fall back into their behavior patterns when they don't change the people and environment they're around every time.
    When you're with someone with those problems you're doubly screwed because they're a danger to pull you back in of you stay, and you're an ass for walking out if you go.
    Classic damned if you do damned if you don't.
    You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.cleveland.com/avon/index....911_calls.html

Avon police released the 911 calls.

So...the report that he was 'doing' 90 is wrong...they said he was coming OFF of rte 90. He was on the left shoulder...and the woman said he was 'poking' or 'bumping' her as she tried to jump out of the car....how about he was trying to GRAB her so she wouldn't. Only injury was an abrasion on the wrist....and the police said it was likely from being held trying to avoid jumping of the vehicle.

Further, the next call is not on there, but the transcription states that the 'girl is crying and appeats intoxicated', but no such comment on Manziel...in fact he is in the background trying to console her and get her to go home.

Sounds to me a drunk girlfriend got mad (maybe he checked out some other chick...or told her to stop drinking???) and goes nuts and tries to jump out of the car to prove a point...but he is trying to get off the highway (goes to a park and is waiting when the cops get there) to calm her down.

Sorry, I don't see a big issue.

Should he have drinks? Probably not, but then again I don't 'know' the program he is on. Still, not a drunken domestic violence incident like it was first portrayed.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.cleveland.com/avon/index....911_calls.html

Avon police released the 911 calls.

So...the report that he was 'doing' 90 is wrong...they said he was coming OFF of rte 90. He was on the left shoulder...and the woman said he was 'poking' or 'bumping' her as she tried to jump out of the car....how about he was trying to GRAB her so she wouldn't. Only injury was an abrasion on the wrist....and the police said it was likely from being held trying to avoid jumping of the vehicle.

Further, the next call is not on there, but the transcription states that the 'girl is crying and appeats intoxicated', but no such comment on Manziel...in fact he is in the background trying to console her and get her to go home.

Sounds to me a drunk girlfriend got mad (maybe he checked out some other chick...or told her to stop drinking???) and goes nuts and tries to jump out of the car to prove a point...but he is trying to get off the highway (goes to a park and is waiting when the cops get there) to calm her down.

Sorry, I don't see a big issue.

Should he have drinks? Probably not, but then again I don't 'know' the program he is on. Still, not a drunken domestic violence incident like it was first portrayed.
    Tony Rizzo just said that Browns are planning to trade Manziel.

I will be happy if that is the case b/c this media is pounding him when instead they should focus on Pettine's incompetence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Tony Rizzo just said that Browns are planning to trade Manziel.

I will be happy if that is the case b/c this media is pounding him when instead they should focus on Pettine's incompetence.
    Your posting history is decidedly one-sided: Manziel and not much else. I'm glad you would be happy to see a Browns player traded because of your concern of media treatment. I myself hope Manziel can final eliminate the off-the-field noise that doesn't seem to follow any other NFL QB and ultimately become a productive Cleveland Brown. Deflecting blame to some sweeping notion of Pettine's incompetence doesn't make much sense. Care to elaborate?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess there's a dash can out there...

From what I was told.. Johnny was fine, he was just trying to take care of his wasted girlfriend. . He did nothing wrong.

She probably lives with him and they went out to dinner.. she got wasted.. he had to clean up the pieces.

How can any of this be on johnny?

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post

From what I was told.. Johnny was fine, he was just trying to take care of his wasted girlfriend. . He did nothing wrong.

She probably lives with him and they went out to dinner.. she got wasted.. he had to clean up the pieces.

he associates himself with her..that alone is catastrophic.
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Tony Rizzo has been misreporting on Manziel for some time now. I think he may be LaCanfora's "inside" source, because both of them come up with the crazy shit about the same time.

As for Manziel and his girlfriend....I got out of an 18 year relationship (9 married) with someone I 'knew' wasn't the best for me...but I kept thinking it would change because...well, just because. Ending long term relationshiops, even when you know they are bad, isn't easy. I can't blame him on that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post

Love ya PGL, but this doesn't concern you in the least? Ask yourself if you can name another QB with as much off field issues as Manziel in less than their first two full seasons who went on to be great? Its troubling man, really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    Love ya PGL, but this doesn't concern you in the least? Ask yourself if you can name another QB with as much off field issues as Manziel in less than their first two full seasons who went on to be great? Its troubling man, really.
    You may be right...but then again, when Favre and his generation and before were rookies, we didn't have this level of social media and the instant reports like TMZ following them around 24/7. I bet a lot of them would have had these issues back then.

Favre was a partier
    Stabler was a partier

Further back you have Jim Thorpe, Paul Hornung, Joe Namath

So it has and can be done...not that I am saying it SHOULD be done. In today's NFL, I think it far less likely.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not even that man..

I guess my point is.. this has nothing to do with football.

We all have jobs and personal lives.

My job doesn't care what I do while I'm here in vegas as long as I don't get arrested and miss work.

Let alone what my girlfriend does.

I mean. . This whole story is about someones girlfriend being bats hit crazy.

So he likes a crazy woman.. I'm sure we all have

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Karlos for being reasonable vs sensationalistic.

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Draft countdown clock: http://www.draftcountdown.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so tired of this.

I just want the Browns to make a decision and go full steam ahead with it.

Enough toeing the water.

None of us know enough to make that decision... But they do.

So make a damn decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing to get worked up about BS. The Browns sure as hell don't seem worked up at all about it. Its the media and fans that are chattering.

Look, it may be a big fat non-issue. That's my hope. We're all just spitballing here and doing so with little to no reliable, insightful information. So, all things equal it raises some concerns for me. Stated another way: I was feeling cautiously optimistic about whatever issues JM had that led to his rehab. After learning that he's trying to be a social drinker at some level and has a girlfriend who gets smashed when out with him.... it makes me less optimistic. That's all.

Hopefully, it just fades away, no more news on that front emerges in terms of future "events", and JM keeps working his ass off as a Brown.

Post Thanks / Like

They have. JFF=2nd string.
    "The quarterback question lingers, but the Browns traded and traded and traded and traded and traded and acquired nine players and three high draft choices.

It's tough to argue those results." Pat McManamon 5-3-16

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    I'm so tired of this.

I just want the Browns to make a decision and go full steam ahead with it.

Enough toeing the water.

None of us know enough to make that decision... But they do.

So make a damn decision.
    The thing is they HAVE made their decision... it just doesn't please those who want to see Manziel start right now. They're preparing him like one prepares a slow cooker meal, so that when it is ready the meal shall be tasty. OR, the QB shall be ready to go.
    Last edited by Enigmatic Evil; 10-19-2015 at 05:34 PM.

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

So keeping manziel as a 2nd string qb and Josh mccown as a 1st string is a decision.

Ok.

I guess that's true.

Like a guy drinking his own piss in the desert.

What I was suggesting is either embrace Johnny as your qb1 or get rid of him.

He isn't worth the drama as a 2nd string qb.

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't buy the slow preparation plan thing. At all.

If that was the plan, he wouldn't be 2nd string, they wouldn't risk the plan.

Post Thanks / Like

My point is having him on the bench, learning the pro system... it's only 'drama' if you're so inclined toward viewing it that way. I dunno. I don't see the harm in it.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!