Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day thread vs the Rams!

OconRecon is online now #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Game Day thread vs the Rams!

Hello Browns. It's us again. We're going to do what all of our coaches told us to do when we were kids and "have short term memory" and "Go 1 and 0 today".

So screw it, let's do this!

Numbers:

Vegas has the line at 6.5 in favor of the Rams. Why?

Well, I'm assuming it's their D. A top 10 D by some measures (6th in yardage allowed). But inside the numbers, they allow 23 points, but our much maligned D allows 26. So, who knows.

This is a winnable game (yeah, yeah, we say that every week).

We're healthy on O and I'm betting Flip figures out a way to get points on the board.

It'll be about O'Neil, Pett, and that D. I continue to believe it's not a lack of talent. It's scheme or coaching or something. (mid post thought - Man, what's the plan if we don't figure out the D? Draft 70% defensive players for the third year in a row and sign more defensive FA's? Sheesh)

Haden is out. Meh. He's not having a good year. Totally good with Desir.

My glass-half-full view says the only game we've been totally outplayed was vs the Jets, which we now know has an insane defense that's ranked #1 in nearly every metric.

So, we just aren't that bad despite the D.

Browns 24
    Rams 17
    Last edited by OconRecon; 10-25-2015 at 09:29 AM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    OTA's: 5/23-25, 5/30-31, 6/1, 6/5-8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

I think of it this way: even as one who's been somewhat critical of our defensive front seven talent, I don't think the defense has played anywhere near its potential. Its at least, personnel wise, NOT a bottom third unit.

If our defense comes to play today, makes a few impact plays, I think we could win this by a comfortable margin.

I'm going 23-10 with the defense showing up and our offense moving the ball well enough but struggling a bit in the red zone.

Post Thanks / Like

offensive explosion!!!!!

42-10 not sure who though....
    just beat it

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the Browns don't play just well enough to lose again. I think we see another big game from Gary Barnidge, and hopefully the defense doesn't get blown up by Gurley today.

Post Thanks / Like

I want to be hopeful that our D has finally figured it out and will match our relatively strong showings from our offense over the past couple of weeks (relative being the operative word). But the Browns cynic in me just knows that Gurley is gonna Gurley and gash us for close to 200, 3 TDs.

*throws up in mouth*
    RIP 'spec.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, 3-&-out for our D.

Then a solid first down by our O.

And then the classic "shit just doesn't go our way" play with a fumble-6 for the Rams.

Browns 0
    Rams 7
    1Q
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, 3-&-out for our D.

Then a solid first down by our O.

And then the classic "shit just doesn't go our way" play with a fumble-6 for the Rams.

Browns 0
    Rams 7
    1Q

I would say half of credit goes on McClown, who floated late a faltering duck to Gabriel even as two defenders were baring down on him at already full speed .... Bad decision I think.

This games promises to be brutal for Browns, as they enter the second phase of their season (beat down phase, as opposing teams D's are now fully dialed in to the Drago-led Browns O).
    Last edited by legerdemain; 10-25-2015 at 01:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick Foles sucks.
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by legerdemain View Post
    McClown
    I know coaches and players love him, but I just don't get excited about him being the starter. The ultimate "meh".

The winners win. His peak career moments, with the Bears and his run with us so far, have resulted in good/great numbers, but a record of 4-8 (3 and 5 with the Bears and 1 and 3 here).

He started this game 11-11 but we have 3 points. That's McCown. It just is.

Post Thanks / Like

He's Mr. Dink and Dunk as far as I'm concerned. 11-11 doesn't mean shit when we have 3 points on the board, as you said...
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

"Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Manning can't feel his fingers, threw a pile of picks too last week, but found a way to win. Big Ben does it, even on his bad days.

Yet Mingo gets the INT, we need 6 yards, and somehow we go backwards. Manning would have gone forward throwing the ball left-handed - guaranteed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not even mad....

....took Gurley and the Rams Defense on Draft Kings.

Last edited by The_QCT; 10-25-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and of course, according to Pettine and his spokesman on this board, the GreyBduMaster, QB play doesn't make a difference in this case ....

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes and of course, according to Pettine and his spokesman on this board, the GreyBduMaster, QB play doesn't make a difference in this case ....
    Hey, we got good quarterback play. Significantly better than Foles. Looks to me like the difference was skill around the quarterback...

- - - Updated - - -

D.R.U.G.S

Destroy rebuild until God shows.

I'm ready to tear it all down. Fuck the coaches. Fuck the players. It's just not going to work out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they beat them in every category except punting average...most of which came from their own end zone.

As fans, we won the argument that short receivers have their downside. Same goes for the QB scenario. I hate to rub salt in that wound, but it's not a little secret anymore.

This game was over after the first five minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

the GreyBduMaster
    That was so clever! It tickled the shit out of me. Wish I could think of stuff like that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    D.R.U.G.S

Probably deserves an honorable mention.

Post Thanks / Like

Well.... St. Louis D scored 35 pts for me in the fantasy league... still getting my ass kicked, but at least I've got that going for me.

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Mccown needs to sit for rest of the year. Manziel needs to play rest of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Hey, we got good quarterback play. Significantly better than Foles. Looks to me like the difference was skill around the quarterback...
    Yet managed to generate what like four times as many points? Always some excuse for the Hoyers/McCowns, who know they just need to look good while losing to hold on to their jobs with the Pett. Personally I see a clear double standard, McCown turns the ball over on two strip sack fumbles, but "the offensive line didn't do it's job, and the other team's defense was playing lights out", while when JM fumbles twice but Browns recover, it's "Manziel has major issues with ball security and we're not going to play him until he improves in that and other aspects."

- - - Updated - - -
    D.R.U.G.S
    I'm ready to tear it all down. Fuck the coaches. Fuck the players. It's just not going to work out.

This part I agree with.
    Last edited by legerdemain; 10-25-2015 at 05:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    Mccown needs to sit for rest of the year. Manziel needs to play rest of the year.
    +1
    Yes, it is really that simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    I agree, McCown may be done for a while with that shoulder. He was getting killed today!
    Remember, my magic win number is 6 for Pettine to keep his job.
    This is what I saw today:
    An uninspired team going through the motions,
    An offensive line with no discipline and no aggression,
    Small receivers getting drilled and fumbling the ball,
    McCown trying to make something happen, no ball security
    Please don't tell me the defense played well, because they didn't. Gave up 158 yds rushing and a couple of big plays in the passing game.
    Shelton did not record one tackle or one assist today, Mingo, Gilbert, Manziel, Erving, and maybe Shelton, BUSTS
    That is all!

Post Thanks / Like

The playoff dream is over. Time to start Manziel and let every player on this team know they are now playing for the jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say half of credit goes on McClown, who floated late a barely floating duck to Gabriel even as two defenders were baring down on him at already full speed .... Bad decision I think.
    Only a fan of a back up QB would have seen that play that way.

Dumbass receiver catches the ball and places it in his right hand while running left. That shit is taught from pee wee ages. He fucked it up and coughed up the football. Had abso-fucking-lutely nothing to do with the QB.

Unreal.