Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manziel Time, Take 2

Post Thanks / Like

Default Manziel Time, Take 2

Sounds like the team expects Manziel to start Sunday, and maybe beyond. It's suspected that McCown has both a hurt shoulder and probably his second concussion of the season.

Manziel's post-game comments were superb. His head seems clear and focused. He clearly cares deeply about McCown and it showed, and he openly admitted to being bummed about being sent back to the bench after his win. He was forthright and direct. I liked it.

I really hope we let him start these next 9 games. We aren't contenders. But we could do what the Raiders did last year with Carr, get a QB ready to start for the next decade or so and build around him, play to his strengths.

The time is now.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently McCown passed his post game concussion test. Don't get too excited yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think McCown will be able to go BDU. Tony GROSSi was saying he couldn't lift his arm above his waist.

Either way, I expect us to get crushed by Arizona. Right after they run one up Baltimore tomorrow night.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Oh okay. I'd only seen him say it was sore, I didn't realize it was that bad. Sounds like it will be Johnny then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh okay. I'd only seen him say it was sore, I didn't realize it was that bad. Sounds like it will be Johnny then.
    Expect to see the Cards get their A$$es kicked then.

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't matter anymore how his shoulder feels. It's time. We're not gonna run off 9 wins in a row, we don't look anything like a playoff team or contender. It's time.

Post Thanks / Like

It's an easy window for Pett to say "Josh is pretty banged up, so we're going to have Johnny start".

Just keep it that simple.
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    1st on waiver-wire until 9/25

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by legerdemain View Post
    Expect to see the Cards get their A$$es kicked then.
    It's a corner turner. They're a fucking good team, and we should get the piss kicked out of us, but if we come out playing and win? Wow. Johnny earns the starting job, the team builds some confidence and swagger, and it could snowball into a situation.

Right now, we're looking at a coaching/front office overturn and a roster rebuild. This Arizona game could change all of that.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a certain coordinator and a certain GM change. Chip Kelly has probably outlived his NFL lifespan? Just some perspective as compared to Pettine. They're pretty much in the same boat, minus Chip's #1 pick at QB.

Post Thanks / Like

He's right. Even with talk of Manziel starting...

2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thaid_Up View Post
    Shouldn't matter anymore how his shoulder feels. It's time. We're not gonna run off 9 wins in a row, we don't look anything like a playoff team or contender. It's time.
    Give the kid a shot, yes. Browns will have a high draft pick for 2016 and the team needs to figure out if it should take a QB or not with the first pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    He's right. Even with talk of Manziel starting...

Coming from Grossi, that's saying something.
    BROWNS 2017: BREAK OUT THE BBQ, WE'RE GRILLING RATBIRD THIS WEEK!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

....so of course it is time for LaCanfora to start in again...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...to-backup-role

I have no idea who his 'sources' have been, but just this past week the Browns were saying that he was doing great in and out of the clubhouse and that is why this incident was so disturbing. Then Manziel comes out and does a decent job in mop-up.

I guess LaCanfuckya wrote that piece about him falling apart a bit too soon (7:50 am on Sunday)
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

He's a piece of shit writer.
    BROWNS 2017: BREAK OUT THE BBQ, WE'RE GRILLING RATBIRD THIS WEEK!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Errrrr, no Manziel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    Errrrr, no Manziel?

Who knows? Maybe its an after the buy-week thing? Maybe they already think Manziel is the answer? Maybe they already think he isn't? Maybe the NFL investigation is likely to turn up something noteworthy?

I am just so frustrated by the fact that we're sitting with the NFL's ninth rated passer in a journeyman named McCown and STILL sporting a 2-5 record. Its a whole new level of insanity for our community of Browns fans; a new wrinkle in futility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    I am just so frustrated by the fact that we're sitting with the NFL's ninth rated passer in a journeyman named McCown and STILL sporting a 2-5 record. Its a whole new level of insanity for our community of Browns fans; a new wrinkle in futility.
    Keep this in mind...
    Tyrod Taylor is ranked 5th...and the Bills are now 3-4
    Drew Brees is ranked 11th...and the Saints are 3-4
    Derek Carr is ranked 6th...and Oakland is 3-3
    Russel Wilson is ranked 8th...and Seattle is 3-4
    Brian Hoyer is ranked 10th...and Houston is 2-5

Of the QB's above all top 11....and all those teams are struggling.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair point Dawg, but I think you know my underlying reason for being frustrated.

I was "expecting" this defense to be ranked top 10.
    I was "expecting" our run offense to be top half.
    I was "expecting" our passing game to be bottom third and the reason we were 2-5.

Flip the script and my "expecting" was spot on. (Code for: Its completely opposite. That equals "frustration"!)

Post Thanks / Like

I posted it in the other thread...

but the more I reflect on it..

Manziels "I find solace in that building..." comment has me a bit worried.

It was a powerful answer... dude almost cried. I dont know why he was so "deep" during that interview. Sounds like hes been doing alot of reflecting, which could be a good or bad thing.

Heres my problem.

I really do like Ray Farmer. I think he's smart... brilliant actually, I think he's tough, and as a former player, he's relatable to FA's.

I really like some of his draft moves. Such as the trade with Buffalo.. that was genius.

Even though it was more on Haslam, I liked the ballsy Manziel pick.

I dislike his disdain for WR's, and some of his FA's moves, then again he is really good with UDFA's.

I know Farmer supports Manziel. I support Manziel and I want to see him play... and Im afraid with Farmer gone, Manziel may be traded away or cut before we even get to see him.

I think theres a disconnect with Pettine on the Manziel front. I really do.

In addition to that, LA even said, Pettine has been hand in hand with the personnel decisions with Farmer (as in Farmer has been getting the players Pettine wants (or type of players, however you interpret it). Pettine has co-signed this stuff.

In addition to that, Pettine is a defensive coach, and our defense showed promise for the past 2 years, now they suck even with MORE time with Pettine and O'Niel.

Our defense which is Mikes specialty is getting progressively WORSE, even with MORE talent.

Players are talking out "anonymously" outside the locker room... we are getting penalized more than ever...

I dont see how we can truely pin this on Ray. Ray has actually gotten the LEAST amount of say in that building. Ray didnt pick this coach, Ray has had Pettines influence in the players drafted. Ray's first draft he had a month to prepare for... and the first 2 picks were reportedly not even his really, (he cosigned them though).

I feel like sticking with Johnny and Ray is the right way to see this thing through, if we are going to be consistent, and Marry someone, lets marry the ones with the most upside.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    No doubt. Everyone thought this was a pretty decent team without a good QB. McCown proved that false.

This team desperately needs:

A great safety: Whitner doesn't cut it.

A good lead runner.

More D line help.

Better, more physical line backers.

This was a weak sister defense yesterday. Something which Cleveland should not put up with.

If Gordon comes back right, the offense will be good next year: with either McCown or JFF.

Post Thanks / Like

We're struggling PGL as fans. No doubt. I think we all want continuity but performances like Sunday's don't breed it.

Farmer's in the soup too. After all he was gift wrapped four first round picks in his initial two drafts and on Sunday only one was actually starting. No matter how much disconnect there is between a GM and a HC, the GM has to own that.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like McCown is going vs the Cards. Listed as day to day. Bet he does a normal Wednesday practice.

Post Thanks / Like

If Johnny plays on Sunday and the Browns beat the Cardinals, the 3-5 record will feel like it doesn't even matter. We will all be as excited as we have been all season. Hoping for the best for Johnny and the Browns!

Post Thanks / Like

That's a big "IF" Tang. Sounds like McCown is going to soldier through and Pett is still firmly in his camp.