Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Manziel Time, Take 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by legerdemain View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Problem is poor QB play, IMHO, and also affect of Pett on Browns O play calling. Shows also IMHO how overrated temporary blips in QBR can be. I think we'll see tomorrow more about this when McCown flounders badly against Cards.
    Great post. Mccown is a loser , a losing QB with good stats is still a loser. If teams respected him at all it would open up the running game. As is they know he's not going to hurt them deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    I'm really ready to move on from Johnny Buttfuck.. I'm sick of hearing his name. I'm sick of hearing about his dumb fuck girl friend or anything else about Johnny Fuckup. Like I said before.. He is a terrible distraction for this team.. Good or bad..
    Careful there Nick the soft pussy boys here will be offended by your profanity. lol
    Well here we are mired in an 0-11 season headed for 0-16 with a bullet and some are saying how much the team has improved... This is what Browns fans have become? Thats sad.Somewhere Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Marion Motley are sad...art modell as he burns in hell is laughing and many of us are just pissed off.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just odd how the other top drafted QB's of the last two years are running laps around Manziel form a playing time standpoint. Yes, last year was his fault. Said it before, those other teams have looked for reasons to start their top draft choice. The Browns look for every reason NOT to.

Whatev's. Let's draft Jalen Smith from ND next year and sit him behind a dinged up Dansby. Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm sure he'll get much better walking up and down the sidelines.

McCown has a career full of either bad QB play resulting in losses or good QB play resulting in losses. Maybe he's the king of bad luck. I dunno.

#JustWinBaby

-----

Blake Bortles QB UCF 1 3(3) Jacksonville
    Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M 1 22(22) Cleveland
    Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville 1 32(32) Minnesota
    Derek Carr QB Fresno State 2 4(36) Oakland
    Jameis Winston QB Florida State 1 1(1) Tampa Bay
    Marcus Mariota QB Oregon 1 2(2) Tennessee
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    2019 EXTRA picks: 7th rnd (w/ Coates)
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Draft countdown clock: http://www.draftcountdown.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    It's just odd how the other top drafted QB's of the last two years are running laps around Manziel form a playing time standpoint. Yes, last year was his fault.
    You left out from a leadership standpoint, a character standpoint, production when given opportunity standpoint.... the list goes on.

I also might add you blaming him for last year will cause the sisters (think shawshank) on here to catch you in the laundry area and make you pay for such blasphemy. They will tell you last year was on Pettine, Shanny or anyone else except snickers.
    Last edited by Brownsfan1956; 11-01-2015 at 09:51 AM.
    Well here we are mired in an 0-11 season headed for 0-16 with a bullet and some are saying how much the team has improved... This is what Browns fans have become? Thats sad.Somewhere Otto Graham, Lou Groza, Marion Motley are sad...art modell as he burns in hell is laughing and many of us are just pissed off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    You left out from a leadership standpoint, a character standpoint....... the list goes on.
    Yeah, this FO knew all that.
    2017 Draft: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 EXTRA Draft picks: a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), a 5th (Chiefs/Cam) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

We wasted 2 first round picks in that draft. I say wasted because neither Gilbert or Manziel have proved worthy of starting and having an impact on Sunday's. Potential does not win football games. This ties to the thread "It starts at the top". Thanks Farmer
    God Bless America

"They Love ta Hate Me"

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

That's fair enough Stray, as there were many, at the time of the pick, who didn't like the Gilbert pick or the Manziel pick.

I have no problem with the stance of not liking the choices then or now.

I just don't get why this staff and this FO went up to get what most had as the #1 QB in the 2014 draft, and now looks for every reason to sit him.

Surely there's a reason, it's just not clear to me. Put the kid to work instead of asking him to twiddle thumbs and stay out of trouble.

Despite how it may sound, I don't feel uber strong about Manziel starting. I just, selfishly, want to see something exciting on the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    That's fair enough Stray, as there were many, at the time of the pick, who didn't like the Gilbert pick or the Manziel pick.

I have no problem with the stance of not liking the choices then or now.

I just don't get why this staff and this FO went up to get what most had as the #1 QB in the 2014 draft, and now looks for every reason to sit him.

Surely there's a reason, it's just not clear to me. Put the kid to work instead of asking him to twiddle thumbs and stay out of trouble.

Despite how it may sound, I don't feel uber strong about Manziel starting. I just, selfishly, want to see something exciting on the field.
    The optimist in me says the team likes Manziel and want him to learn slowly for his long term development.

The pessimist in me says Pettine is in love with a workout warrior who looks like a QB and can't wrap his brain around the intangibles factor regarding the position.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point OconRecon, it's not going to hurt to put Manziel in, but I dispute "most had Manziel as the best qb of that draft". There's a reason he was there at 22 and imho would have fell to the 2nd round had we not taken him at 22. There were better opportunities for us and Farmer choked on that draft.
    God Bless America

"They Love ta Hate Me"

"Do you have to be a prick every day of your life"

"there's no lessen to learn the 2nd time a calf kicks you in the balz"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    You left out from a leadership standpoint, a character standpoint, production when given opportunity standpoint.... the list goes on.

I also might add you blaming him for last year will cause the sisters (think shawshank) on here to catch you in the laundry area and make you pay for such blasphemy. They will tell you last year was on Pettine, Shanny or anyone else except snickers.
    Disappointed to read in MKC's column today that Chris Carter of ESPN reports that Manziel has been drinking for many months. Have no idea if that is true or not since his HS coach lived with him and said he was clean this summer. Trying to reform an addiction while dealing with the pressure of being an NFL QB is very tough, especially for a kid his age.

I'd still like to see Manziel get a chance to see what he can do, albeit any Browns QB has one hand tied behind his back due to the mostly mediocre talent at the skill positions. The Browns insurance policy is Austin Davis, not a bad guy to have around at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    At this point OconRecon, it's not going to hurt to put Manziel in, but I dispute "most had Manziel as the best qb of that draft". There's a reason he was there at 22 and imho would have fell to the 2nd round had we not taken him at 22. There were better opportunities for us and Farmer choked on that draft.
    Very few outside of Gruden and a handful had Manziel as the top QB. ON this board, most of us had Carr, Bortles and Bridgewater ahead of Manziel. Give Shep the credit for really driving the Carr bandwagon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Dawg View Post
    We wasted 2 first round picks in that draft. I say wasted because neither Gilbert or Manziel have proved worthy of starting and having an impact on Sunday's. Potential does not win football games. This ties to the thread "It starts at the top". Thanks Farmer
    The fact is the Browns have wasted first round picks for years and the draft failures are the main reasons this team is 2-5 and possibly headed for oblivion again this year. Taylor, Mingo, Manziel, Gilbert, Erving -- not contributing much or gone. That's a disaster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Disappointed to read in MKC's column today that Chris Carter of ESPN reports that Manziel has been drinking for many months. Have no idea if that is true or not since his HS coach lived with him and said he was clean this summer. Trying to reform an addiction while dealing with the pressure of being an NFL QB is very tough, especially for a kid his age.

I'd still like to see Manziel get a chance to see what he can do, albeit any Browns QB has one hand tied behind his back due to the mostly mediocre talent at the skill positions. The Browns insurance policy is Austin Davis, not a bad guy to have around at all.

The reporting on Manziel has been the most interesting coverage I have ever seen come out of Cleveland. The media has clearly made their stand. They like Mccown. Pluto's comment in an article earlier this week that Manziel hasn't beaten out two journeymen in two training camps was clearly biased and incorrect. Then Pettine had some pretty glowing remarks about Manziel in an NFL radio network interview and there was ZERO coverage of it. Had Pettine said the opposite it would have been front page on ESPNCleveland AND the subject of multiple PD articles.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LHCDawgPound View Post
    The reporting on Manziel has been the most interesting coverage I have ever seen come out of Cleveland. The media has clearly made their stand. They like Mccown. Pluto's comment in an article earlier this week that Manziel hasn't beaten out two journeymen in two training camps was clearly biased and incorrect. Then Pettine had some pretty glowing remarks about Manziel in an NFL radio network interview and there was ZERO coverage of it. Had Pettine said the opposite it would have been front page on ESPNCleveland AND the subject of multiple PD articles.
    McCown has played well but I think Manziel has shown me enough to offer promise. But like I have said, why bother drafting a QB in the first round if you don't try and surround the kid with talent at the skill positions? Really stupid approach by Farmer. You look at Bortles, Bridgewater, Carr, Mariota -- all four of those teams have stockpiled some really good receivers for their new QBs to throw to with the aim of making 1+1=3. Farmer and Pettine don't get it.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Lions vs Chiefs half time commentary did a Browns vs Cardinals preview, showing Johnny on the field warming up his arm.

"Are you surprised Johnny Manziel is not the starting quarterback for Cleveland?"
    "No. I think he's got a lot to work on. A lot to work on off the field. But, eventually, he could be a good back-up."
    -everybody laughs-
    "He's a good back up already."
    "Nope."

Nice to see an objective game preview like, I don't know, everyone else got.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Lions vs Chiefs half time commentary did a Browns vs Cardinals preview, showing Johnny on the field warming up his arm.

"Are you surprised Johnny Manziel is not the starting quarterback for Cleveland?"
    "No. I think he's got a lot to work on. A lot to work on off the field. But, eventually, he could be a good back-up."
    -everybody laughs-
    "He's a good back up already."
    "Nope."

Nice to see an objective game preview like, I don't know, everyone else got.
    Seriously I had a goddamn aneurysm when I heard that

Post Thanks / Like

BDU I love that ...the rarest of all things HONESTY in JOURNALISM! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously I had a goddamn aneurysm when I heard that
    I was seriously waiting on "He's got a lot to work on. A lot to work on off the field....... but the Browns are seeing his development through and it's a great move for them. McCown is playing well, Manziel is learning, Cleveland are sticking with their plan and I hope it pays off."

I am so fucking gullible.

As this is the Manziel thread - trying to trade Mack, Thomas, Mingo and Kruger stinks of trying to get our hands on the top pick in the draft. I fear Johnny Manziel's chances of being our QBOTF just dropped to near zero. Farmer is done with him.

Someone beat me with a fucking shovel. Coma until we don't suck, or Farmer is fired. It's for my sanity.

Post Thanks / Like

I was seriously waiting on "He's got a lot to work on. A lot to work on off the field....... but the Browns are seeing his development through and it's a great move for them. McCown is playing well, Manziel is learning, Cleveland are sticking with their plan and I hope it pays off."

I am so fucking gullible.

As this is the Manziel thread - trying to trade Mack, Thomas, Mingo and Kruger stinks of trying to get our hands on the top pick in the draft. I fear Johnny Manziel's chances of being our QBOTF just dropped to near zero. Farmer is done with him.

Someone beat me with a fucking shovel. Coma until we don't suck, or Farmer is fired. It's for my sanity.

I hate to say things like this but ....hopefully Mccown will get hurt and force Manziel into the game and he plays well enough the team can't go bench or cut him.

I believe he has the talent and intangibles to be a winner, but as has been repeated over and over we at least need to KNOW one way or the other.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate to say things like this but ....hopefully Mccown will get hurt and force Manziel into the game and he plays well enough the team can't go bench or cut him.

I believe he has the talent and intangibles to be a winner, but as has been repeated over and over we at least need to KNOW one way or the other.
    I believe Johnny has the intangibles to be a shoe shiner..
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think there is a lot more going on with Manziel behind the scenes. Things the Browns know that haven't been released to the fans and things the Browns may not know. I don't think he'll ever become a viable starter in the NFL and I'm thinking he is going to be out of the NFL by year 4.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Something is up with Johnny. Browns are talking about trading high profile players, and they're in no rush to start him? These trades, if they happen, would indicate trading up for a quarterback. Even if they hate Johnny, they'd stick him in, just to be sure. If they're really in a rush to move on, they'd want to know - unless something is up.

I think they know a lot more than we do, and it's not good.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they know a lot more than we do, and it's not good.
    I'm wondering if that's it. And he's not being talked about in trade discussions because maybe all of the NFL insiders know it.

Post Thanks / Like

Pettine hate Johnny.

Which makes sense, I mean, if anyone can pick out good quarterbacks, it's Mike pettine.