Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 97 to 120 of 127

Thread: Manziel Time, Take 2

  1. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pettine hate Johnny.

    Which makes sense, I mean, if anyone can pick out good quarterbacks, it's Mike pettine.
    Remember Flip's quote from the Titans game "coaching is overrated" . Seems thats the kind of thing that would make a guy like Pet insane

  2. #98
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    McCown's thrown three first half touchdowns, and we've got people crying that Pettine hates Johnny.

    If you guys want to pretend to be Browns fans for like twenty seconds, it would be good for a laugh.

  3. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCown's thrown three first half touchdowns, and we've got people crying that Pettine hates Johnny.

    If you guys want to pretend to be Browns fans for like twenty seconds, it would be good for a laugh.
    Mccown is a loser, this team isnt a win now team. If it were the 2000 Ravens playing Mccown would be valid, as is its simply striving for short term mediocrity - at best.

    Love seeing the team up at the half though!

  4. #100
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That loser is out there kicking the ass of a top rated defense, and you guys are here in the basement cheering against your own team. Just pointing it out. Do you.

  5. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That loser is out there kicking the ass of a top rated defense, and you guys are here in the basement cheering against your own team. Just pointing it out. Do you.
    Give it time, give it time. LOL

  6. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That loser is out there kicking the ass of a top rated defense, and you guys are here in the basement cheering against your own team. Just pointing it out. Do you.
    I have allowed my frustration with the state of the Browns to boil over into bashing Mccown maybe a little too much.

    For me though he absolutely signifies everything that is wrong with Cleveland football. Jettison TJ Ward and Dquell to change the losing culture aaaannd turn around and hire a QB who has a 13 year track record of losing.

    Now the guy has a good QBR and the city acts as if he is a winning QB. All that is doing is delaying the development of our first round pick, or an UDFA. Simply put I see playing mccown as an obstacle to long term winning.

  7. #103
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCown's thrown three first half touchdowns, and we've got people crying that Pettine hates Johnny.

    If you guys want to pretend to be Browns fans for like twenty seconds, it would be good for a laugh.

    Please wait until game is finished before trying to say McCown's better. Questions will be: 1) did Browns get the win? 2) How did McCown respond under pressure when game on the line? 3) Did McCown execute a long drive to wind down clock with several completions?

    I'm guessing it was just another blip for flat-footed McCown, who on two of those three redzone opportunities was given to him by mistakes by Cards.

  8. #104
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Both those posts just came off as "I really hope the Browns end up losing."

    Hey, McCown's hurting right now, you guys must be loving the shit out of it. Actually, LHC did say pre-game that he hoped McCown got injured.

    But, like I said, do you. Just remember you're on a Browns forum for actual Browns fans.

  9. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both those posts just came off as "I really hope the Browns end up losing."

    Hey, McCown's hurting right now, you guys must be loving the shit out of it. Actually, LHC did say pre-game that he hoped McCown got injured.

    But, like I said, do you. Just remember you're on a Browns forum for actual Browns fans.
    Sometimes as a fan , just like a parent you have to say "this is gonna hurt me more than its gonna hurt you" and do the right thing LOL

    In Mccown's defense this coaching staff is terrible at halftime adjustments. He might not survive the game physically.
    Last edited by LHCDawgPound; 11-01-2015 at 03:17 PM.

  10. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCown's thrown three first half touchdowns, and we've got people crying that Pettine hates Johnny.

    If you guys want to pretend to be Browns fans for like twenty seconds, it would be good for a laugh.
    One day you will understand my philosophy on this.

    I have nothing but admiration and appreciation for mccown. Dude has been A+ across the board.

    But he's not going to win a super bowl with the Browns.

    We're not going to hang a 3 first half regular season touchdowns banner.

  11. #107
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Both those posts just came off as "I really hope the Browns end up losing."

    Hey, McCown's hurting right now, you guys must be loving the shit out of it. Actually, LHC did say pre-game that he hoped McCown got injured.

    But, like I said, do you. Just remember you're on a Browns forum for actual Browns fans.
    No actually, I might just feel better if Browns win with McCown at QB so we could finally start to understand Pett's seemingly poor personnel decisions better. And of course I do like and admire McCown, just don't think he should be in there over Manziel.
    Last edited by legerdemain; 11-01-2015 at 03:26 PM.

  12. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One day you will understand my philosophy on this.

    I have nothing but admiration and appreciation for mccown. Dude has been A+ across the board.

    But he's not going to win a super bowl with the Browns.

    We're not going to hang a 3 first half regular season touchdowns banner.
    Excellent post.

  13. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yup this second half is exactly what ive been screaming about. Before everyone says "but look at xyz unit its not all Mccowns fault" Clearly its not ALL his fault, but he was fucking miserably unhelpful, and uninspired.

    If they get the ball back with 2:20 left and trot out checkdown Mccown i hope the fans that are left freaking riot.

    Time to fire Pettine
    Last edited by LHCDawgPound; 11-01-2015 at 04:14 PM.

  14. #110
    OconRecon's Avatar
    OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chief BlueJacket's town
    Posts
    11,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    241 yards of offense and McCown hovering around 50% completion rate.

    Here's the deal. It's not that I have some kind of man crush on Manziel. It's just I want the Browns to figure out the long term answer. Like most here, been dying for them to figure that out for 16 years now. It's especially painful that the rest of the division is so set at QB.

    If McCown was the bridge starter and we were winning, then fine, ride him out as long as you can.

    But if we're not winning (how McCown is playing is irrelevant), then I'd rather them figure out if Manziel is the man or if they should just move on.

    Add on McCown was clearly hurting and production disappeared in the second half.

    There must be something we don't know.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Training Camp schedule: Rookies report 7/23, vets 7/26, 1st practice 7/27

  15. #111
    brownsdownunder's Avatar
    brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12,929
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OconRecon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There must be something we don't know.
    Maybe, but I think it's more likely exactly what we know.

    The defense gave up 500 yards and 4 touchdowns. The offense around McCown sucked balls. Under those circumstances, what exactly do you think we're going to find out about Manziel? That he can't throw 5 touchdowns every week just like McCown can't?

    The bottom line, we're not going to learn anything about quarterback if this team doesn't get their shit together. We're damned if we do, damned if we don't.

    Ultimately, I doubt we're going to get an answer on Johnny. It sucks, but it's true. The coaching staff isn't going to be around next year for him to try in better conditions, and he can't have success in these conditions. It's a lose-lose situation.

  16. #112
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,505
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The more I think about this... manziel is done here.

    Which I'm fine with...

    As long as pettine is gone.
    You can't trust him with a 1st round qb. Can't do it.

    Too much for manziel to overcome, including his own down faults and the organizations.

    We need to blow it up.

    I say let the fire sale begin...

  17. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LHCDawgPound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yup this second half is exactly what ive been screaming about. Before everyone says "but look at xyz unit its not all Mccowns fault" Clearly its not ALL his fault, but he was fucking miserably unhelpful, and uninspired.

    If they get the ball back with 2:20 left and trot out checkdown Mccown i hope the fans that are left freaking riot.

    Time to fire Pettine
    Good, heartfelt, emotional posts today LHCDawPound -- showing more emotion that the Browns offense and defense by the way!

    But I'd let Pettine play out the season. The key now is to play the kids and see what we got. Bench Haden and play Gaines. Bench Gipson and play Campbell and let Gipson walk. Bench Mack and play Erving.

    McCown has played his heart out and I'd shake his hand in gratitude. But he's like the last man standing at Little Big Horn, giving his all but it's all for naught, nobody around to help him survive and win.

    And can we now nominate Dwayne Bowe to join Art Modell and Mike Holmgren in our all Fan Hate Browns hall of fame!
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-01-2015 at 04:56 PM.

  18. #114
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just caught up on this thread and re-reading my post in here in light of yesterday, I'm more sure than I was 3 days ago:

    Manziel can't play.

    It's not "Pett doesn't want Manziel to play" and it's not "Pett is holding Manziel back" it's "Manziel cannot play professional football at an adequate level".

    Period.

    Now, I'll say again: we need to see that for ourselves to believe it, and many still won't, but it will remain true.

    Johnny Football is a myth and always has been. As such, he will continue to divide people into believers and haters. Because myths cannot be proven factually. They are built on belief.

    I argued vehemently against Manziel before and after the draft and my facts (most stats against garbage opponents, only 3 legit important wins, only 18 starts against legit programs, etc.) were ignored here and apparently in Berea.

    Meanwhile, the two other guys we could have had are flourishing. Only the Browns, man...

  19. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sobering evaluation Dama. I hope, like I'm sure you do, that you're wrong.

  20. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,932
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mccown should have been pulled after minter hit him.

    Pettine not playing manziel and duke johnson cost us the game.

  21. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Oil Country, Alberta.
    Posts
    14,788
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BLASPHEMER!

    Quote Originally Posted by damajuki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just caught up on this thread and re-reading my post in here in light of yesterday, I'm more sure than I was 3 days ago:

    Manziel can't play.

    It's not "Pett doesn't want Manziel to play" and it's not "Pett is holding Manziel back" it's "Manziel cannot play professional football at an adequate level".

    Period.

    Now, I'll say again: we need to see that for ourselves to believe it, and many still won't, but it will remain true.

    Johnny Football is a myth and always has been. As such, he will continue to divide people into believers and haters. Because myths cannot be proven factually. They are built on belief.

    I argued vehemently against Manziel before and after the draft and my facts (most stats against garbage opponents, only 3 legit important wins, only 18 starts against legit programs, etc.) were ignored here and apparently in Berea.

    Meanwhile, the two other guys we could have had are flourishing. Only the Browns, man...
    BROWNS 2017: I'M JASON LA CANFORA'S INSIDER
    "I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

    "My Mother's day card always says "Mum, I love you less than I love Joe Thomas. You can't even block, for fuck sakes." - brownsdownunder

    "Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

    "Hue and the guys are gonna turn that Frankenstein into a Frankenfine!" - next2nothing on RGIII

    WOOF WOOF WOOF!


  22. #118
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cleveland (Euclid)
    Posts
    7,248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BDU...

    You have to understand the REASON behind dfans wanting Johnny in.. and Im not talking about Johnny fans.. Im talking about BROWNS fans. There are 3 reasons why one would want Johnny in..

    A: We have to see what we got, this season is over, so lets put the kid in and see if he can muster together some good play so we dont go into next year with more question marks.

    B: We have 8 games left and Mccown hasnt gotten it done. Yes he has played well... but what about the "IT" factor. The part of the game that isnt tangible. What if Johnny being in INSPIRES and/or motivates the team to play better.. providing a "SPARK" which sends us into a winning frenzy and we end up 9-7 or something. It wouldnt be directly due to Johnny's play, but the fact that he is playing. A mental thing.

    C: He needs to take his lumps at some point, now is a better time than any since Josh isnt the future.

    The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

  23. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    7,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    B is a fantasy PGL. Its a good one, its one the fan in all of us would hope for, but its fantasy.

    I think BDU is all for A & C and always was. Timing was the only question.

  24. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,339
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by damajuki View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile, the two other guys we could have had are flourishing. Only the Browns, man...
    Carr, yes. 15 TDs and 3 picks with a QBR of 105.7. But he's been in a much better situation than JFF. And I believe JFF can be just as good if not better. No doubt Carr was more mature (and older) and polished coming into the league. The Browns should have drafted him over Manziel.

    Bridgewater, no. 6 TDs and 5 picks with a QBR of 85.5. Jury's still out on him, but I don't think he'll ever be more than a decent pro QB.
    He's on a good team with a great running game.

    No one to blame but JFF for last season. He should have stayed at A&M another year. But to say he'll never be a good pro QB based on his college play is ridiculous.

    18 starts against legit programs out of 25 starts isn't bad. He played on a team with perhaps the worst defense in SEC history. Had A&M a decent defense when JFF was there, they might have won a national championship. They didn't lose but one game, at LSU, in which JFF didn't play well.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •