Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Manziel Time, Take 2

Post Thanks / Like

If we had gordon and another top wr....and manziel got to actually run real plays. We would be 4-4

Post Thanks / Like

I am the ternal optimist with my Browns...

and as I said when I pleaded we draft Manziel..

The only thing that will turn this team around is a messiah, someone who breaks trends and defeats all odds.

Magic.. essentially.

we can only win and break this curse with Magic. Thats where im at.

If anyone has magic.. its Manziel. He's a unicorn

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    B is a fantasy PGL. Its a good one, its one the fan in all of us would hope for, but its fantasy.

I think BDU is all for A & C and always was. Timing was the only question.
    The 9-7 bit is surely a fantasy, but JFF playing well and inspiring the team to play better is certainly a possibility.

And let's face it. . . it's painful to watch the games right now. I live in Texas and listen to all the games on the radio, but even that's painful lately.

At least there will be a lot of excitement in the stands, at least at first.

Post Thanks / Like

Martin, fair enough on Teddy. Point is, Teddy is playing respectable NFL football on a winning team and Manziel appears to be the same entitled screw up he apparently has been his whole life.

It appears this has always been the case. It's been reported everywhere ad nauseam.

Y'know, it's interesting because I kept the SI cover story on him before the draft where a bunch of QB "experts" evaluated his tape, including the Duke bowl comeback, and everything negative in there has come to pass; the haters are currently winning, there's no question.

The only way I can see Manziel not going the path of Brady Quinn (or if you prefer the Heisman comparison, Matt Leinart or Vince Young) is if the Browns can entice a true QB whisperer to take over the Browns.

The most intriguing candidate, in my fantasy world? David Cutcliffe from Duke, personal coach (to this day!) of the brothers Manning.

He'd never do it (too old, too comfortable, too loyal to Duke) but he's the only guy in that SI piece who seemed intrigued by Manziel's, ahem, "unique" skill set.

You have to wonder if a guy like him could craft an offense around Manziel that would make him at least a passable NFL QB.

But it would take a guy like him (and not Kevin Sumlin or some other Big 12 QB "guru") and an organizational commitment to Manziel and there STILL would be no guarantee that an undersized QB without any superior physical skills would be able to be a consistent winner.

It's just impossible to see how Manziel works out in Cleveland, or anywhere, at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by damajuki View Post
    an undersized QB without any superior physical skills would be able to be a consistent winner.
    I think you underrate his skills. He's got a very good arm and is elusive as hell.

You may be right, but only him playing and time will tell.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlaygroundLegend View Post
    BDU...

You have to understand the REASON behind dfans wanting Johnny in.. and Im not talking about Johnny fans.. Im talking about BROWNS fans. There are 3 reasons why one would want Johnny in..

A: We have to see what we got, this season is over, so lets put the kid in and see if he can muster together some good play so we dont go into next year with more question marks.
    I am going to get to this point, but it directly relates to point B, so I'll cover it in that one.

B: We have 8 games left and Mccown hasnt gotten it done. Yes he has played well... but what about the "IT" factor. The part of the game that isnt tangible. What if Johnny being in INSPIRES and/or motivates the team to play better.. providing a "SPARK" which sends us into a winning frenzy and we end up 9-7 or something. It wouldnt be directly due to Johnny's play, but the fact that he is playing. A mental thing
    McCown has gotten it done. "It" factor is not the difference. Allow me to make this clear. You were PISSED when Johnny had to deal with the defense giving up 360 yards against Cinci last year. Well, McCown just had to deal with Arizona putting FIVE HUNDRED yards of offense on us. 495 fucking yards of offense. Nobody seems to give a shit about that staggering failure, like it's just a common number. I'm literally the only guy who is actually pissed about it. McCown would have need to throw FIVE touchdowns to win that fucking game. In fact, we've given up over FOUR HUNDRED yards in five of our seven games.

The shit has been despicable. We are currently looking at THE WORST defense Cleveland has had since the return. Allow that to sink in - that's how many fucking yards we're giving up man. Johnny isn't changing that. He didn't change it last year, he didn't change it when he played this year (We had some nice sacks against Tenn's fucked up line, but we still allowed a dickload of yards and a resurgence). Watching McCown deal with that shit is hard enough, he's a savvy veteran who is playing with unbelievable toughness and resilience, watching Manziel deal with it is not fair on him.

Like I said in another thread, what are we doing to learn watching a guy face insurmountable odds? I am 100% uncomfortable sticking a young guy like Manziel in to such a disgusting situation.

You're free to feel differently, but understand this, you're going to be upset if he goes in and the worms come out of the woodwork to heap the fault on him.

C: He needs to take his lumps at some point, now is a better time than any since Josh isnt the future.
    He does need to take his lumps, but is it so wrong to take them at a time when he doesn't have to have a hall of fame season to transcend the shit around him? I don't give a fuck if McCown is not the future, we're talking about this situation currently being enough to destroy any chance of Manziel having sustained, continued success - not just in terms of winning, but in simply playing.

But, I'll add this important note..

I don't give a fuck anymore. Play him. Don't play him. It doesn't matter. We're blowing the team up and Johnny is long, long gone. We tried to develop a young player, and unfortunately learned we can't even take two damn seasons to develop a young guy. Let Johnny deal with 500 yards and 30+ points, and we can just blame him for it all just as we have McCown. That's how it works with this team.

I'm on to next year already. Pettine is gone, Flip is gone, O'Neil is gone, Farmer is gone - half the fucking roster is gone (Probably the good half, but I digress) and we'll be starting over from scratch.

Shit, maybe it is best to play Manziel, he can audition for teams who aren't totally fucking retarded.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate that reply by the way. Much less abrasive this time around lol

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!