Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns vs Cardinals

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Browns vs Cardinals

Figured I'd start this one a little early given Arizona is currently playing Baltimore. Anyone else watching? Let's take some notes.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to be the new negative fucker on here.

No notes to take BDU. Arizona is going to clean our clock and it's not going to be pretty.

I really want to find some glimmer of hope or positive but I don't see it at all.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

CJ2K just broke a massive touchdown, and he's going to fuck us so hard next week.

That came after John Brown cleared out a big gain on a corner route for Micheal Floyd while Larry Fitzgerald was over the other side doing his thing. I don't think we've got the corners to hang.

Air and ground, their offense has the advantage over us. And they've got a big, mean line.

Post Thanks / Like

Blood in the water and sharks.

Guess who are the sharks?
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

I love this time of year. November is usually ushered in this way. Its why I was so pissed when people were predicting doom for Hoyer and Co last year at this time. I knew it was Fool's Gold but man it felt good to be in first fucking place.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Arizona 42
    Cleve 6
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, for the time being I'm done with the rose colored glasses. CJ may get 2000 against us alone. But if Manziel starts I expect to see a fairly wild game. Don't ask me why.

Post Thanks / Like

This staff coaches to not get embarrassed.

If manziel starts I expect them to limit him and it will probably mirror the cinci game last year in the sense we give up a shit ton on the ground and they score in 95% of their possessions. And we stall on offense all day trying to run into a brick wall over and over.

If mccown starts... We might just air it out enough to put up a few points but ultimately our d will get manhandled.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel better playing this one in OH as opposed to AZ (dry heat). Palmer is on his game, minus the Dawg Pound effect though. Bruce still blitzes a lot. It's not unthinkable putting up a good showing at home...depending on what team shows up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If manziel starts I expect them to limit him and it will probably mirror the cinci game last year
    Can we please stop this? I've noticed it a lot from PGL and yourself lately, and it is the single most annoying thing ever in Browns history. It's right up there with Modell's face. PGL actually gets worse, when Johnny plays he likes to say "I bet this drive the Browns will call a play that results in a turnover" so if Johnny does throw a pick or fumble, he can immediately blame the playcall even if it's the correct playcall, and if he doesn't he can brag that Johnny survived the playcalling. It works opposite, too, "The Browns play calling is great right now and we have momentum, if McCown doesn't score, he should be benched" works because if he doesn't score, "I knew it, bench him" but if he does score "I knew it was the playcalling and he deserves no credit for what he just did."

The excuses are bad enough, creating them in advance is just shameless. What's worse, Johnny doesn't fucking need them. He's actually playing well this year. Even if he comes out playing like shit against a great defense, we already know he's improved. Give the kid some damn breathing room to play without having to generate excuses.

Post Thanks / Like

Arizona struggling with Givens and his speed. They're going to fucking hate Travis Benjamin, then. We need a lot of Benjamin and Gabriel deep, and this is the perfect opportunity to finally get Bibbs involved - he's a lot quicker than Dray.

Post Thanks / Like

No need for negativity just yet. If we get some DBs back, the whole discussion changes. I'd have Mingo spy Gresham, tho. Guy's a beast.

Post Thanks / Like

Arizona win. Final drive interception, got pressure on Flacco, and he just lobbed it up in a match-up that was lost.

Arizona are on fire. I'd put them at 4th best in the league.

1. New England.
    2. Green Bay.
    3. Cinci.
    4. Arizona.

We've got our work cut out for us if we even want to stay alive in this game.

Post Thanks / Like

It sure seems like McCown will start. Press saying he looked a lot better today and way more upbeat.

Love the idea of Bibbs being activated. Hope that happens.

Robertson should be back. Maybe Haden and Gip too.

Big and/or strong receivers for both the Ravens and Cards tonight. Jealous.
    2017 Draft picks:Left: #145, #175, #181, #185, #188
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Kizer, Peppers, S. Coleman, Kessler, Drango, Kindred, R. Louis, Payton, 2018 1st rnd (Texans) & 2018 2nd rnd (Eagles)
    Draft: 4/28-30, Rookie MiniCamp: 5/12-14, OTA's: 5/23-6/8, Veteran MiniCamp: 6/13-15

Post Thanks / Like

Bdu, my thoughts are based on what we've seen.

True story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BoatShoes View Post
    This staff coaches to not get embarrassed.

If manziel starts I expect them to limit him and it will probably mirror the cinci game last year

***And here's the full quote***
    In the sense we give up a shit ton on the ground and they score in 95% of their possessions. And we stall on offense all day trying to run into a brick wall over and over.

If mccown starts... We might just air it out enough to put up a few points but ultimately our d will get manhandled.

Post Thanks / Like

Vick and Jones beat them at Pittsburgh 2 wks ago. Glad we're at home.
    On any given Sunday...it's why we play the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel's way tougher to defend, period. He's 1-0 and looked great doing it. It's nothing short of moronic to keep playing a dirty starter with a 2-5 record. It's pointless. Pettine sounds more like Mangini every day.

Jeez, at least starting Manziel sparks some fucking interest. Let the kid play and let it rip. Let's go already. This is walking in place, playing another Delhomme. Cripes already.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel is 1-1 as a starter.

I hate the, "At least he's exciting" crap. Exciting has no correlation to wins. I don't care if we need to go Tressel ball, just get some damn wins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twizbuck View Post
    Manziel is 1-1 as a starter.

I hate the, "At least he's exciting" crap. Exciting has no correlation to wins. I don't care if we need to go Tressel ball, just get some damn wins.
    So far we are 1-5 with McCown, soon to be 1-6 assuming he plays. Is that your idea of winning Tressel style?

But at least we can say the future is now if it is any consolation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    So far we are 1-5 with McCown, soon to be 1-6 assuming he plays. Is that your idea of winning Tressel style?

Loss #1 - Defense allowed 470 yards and 3 touchdowns of offense. McCown threw 341 yards, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception.
    Loss #2 - Defense allowed 452 yards and 3 touchdowns of offense.McCown threw for 356 yards and 2 touchdowns.
    Loss #3 - Defense allowed 442 yards and 1 touchdown. McCown threw 213 yards, 2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions.
    Loss #4 - Defense allowed 323 yards and 2 touchdowns. McCown threw 270 yards.

McCown more than played well enough to win in three of those games. In fact, the only game he hasn't played well came against the league's #1 overall defense who played lights out and are undefeated.

You'll note there is only four losses though you have him at 1-5. I think it's funny you count the Jets game as Josh's loss. He played one drive, Johnny played four quarters. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Johnny's five turnovers in our own half that led to a 31-10 point thumping had a little more to do with Johnny than Josh, but to each his own.

Personally, I can't help but feel bad for McCown. The guy literally broke a team record for most consecutive 300 yard passing games, and is currently ranked in the top 10 in the NFL as a passer. Meanwhile, our defense is ranked 28th or lower in passing defense, rushing defense and total defense.

It's sad that the easiest game he's had was when we allowed 323 yards. Each other time we've allowed over 440 yards per game. To put that in perspective, in the infamous Johnny debut against Cinci, they racked up 361 yards.

We might be 1-5 next weekend if McCown plays, but it doesn't matter who plays quarterback if we don't start playing some fucking defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post

What?

Post Thanks / Like

Az is on a short week traveling east.
    west coast teams traveling east for 1pm starts dont typically fare well, let alone on short weeks.
    just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post
    I'm going to be the new negative fucker on here.

No notes to take BDU. Arizona is going to clean our clock and it's not going to be pretty.

I really want to find some glimmer of hope or positive but I don't see it at all.
    Despite all the talent on offense, Carson Palmer has his problems at times moving that team. Gotta get a pass rush on him, though, because the receivers are too good and will get open. Can't say Arizona overly impressed me.