Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Browns vs Cardinals

Post Thanks / Like

And I might add, never be afraid to call me out if you disagree with me. I'll never take it personally. Worst that will happen is I'll argue back and try to start a good debate. That's why we're all here.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

Post Thanks / Like

Already took Carson Palmer, Chris Johnson and John Brown on Draft Kings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The_QCT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Already took Carson Palmer, Chris Johnson and John Brown on Draft Kings.

Might want to dump Brown...he is likely a scratch due to hamstring pulls
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

OconRecon is offline #ComeGetSome #TeamKieszler I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

What-ev's Pett.

This is Pett thinking the opposing DC will now lose sleep since he hasn't officially named who will be QB1. Surely we'll win now.

Last edited by OconRecon; 10-30-2015 at 01:09 PM.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)
    Upcoming: O&B Scrimmage 8/4, Preseason 8/10

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    Call me an idiot, but if McCown is too beat up to make all the throws on friday, it's not going to change that much by Sunday. Either JM is a really bad QB. or Mike Pettine has no clue.
    Jim O'Neil said that Shelton needs to build on last week performance, does he realize that Shelton had no stats against the rams, not even a penalty.
    And last but probably least, Dwayne Bowe may be active aginst the Cardinals, see we do have a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    Either JM is a really bad QB. or Mike Pettine has no clue.
    That's my thought too.
    2017 Draft class: Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer, Ogunjobi, Collins (via trade of 103), Wilson, Johnson, Brantley, Gonzalez, Dayes
    2018 Draft picks: Extra picks - a 1st (Texans), two in 2nd (Eagles & Texans), a 4th (Panthers/A.Lee), & a 6th (Steelers/Gilbert) - 12 total
    Philly trade result: C. Coleman, Peppers, Kizer, Kessler, R. Louis, S. Coleman, Drango, Kindred, Payton, 2018 1st rndr (Texans) & 2018 2nd rndr (Eagles)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the updates, OCon. Always appreciate your fine work!

Post Thanks / Like

Call me an idiot, but if McCown is too beat up to make all the throws on friday, it's not going to change that much by Sunday. Either JM is a really bad QB. or Mike Pettine has no clue.
    Jim O'Neil said that Shelton needs to build on last week performance, does he realize that Shelton had no stats against the rams, not even a penalty.
    And last but probably least, Dwayne Bowe may be active aginst the Cardinals, see we do have a chance.
    I agree! Why put a wounded duck McCown in there against a good Arizona defense! He could risk even greater injury! Makes no sense.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, you're an idiot. Not really...but the reality is that muscle soreness does in fact heal very quickly AFTER 72-96 hours. It is the nature of bruising and swelling...so the likelihood is if he was able to throw some yesterday...and he was...he may be full go by Sunday @1. I doubt this has anything to do with Manziel...and I also believe that they are sticking to their plan...which may be to give Manziel the starts after the bye week.

NT's are notorius for having little to no stats. That is the nature of taking on double teams to free up your teammates. Add in that he was limited due to a knee injury to only about 40% of the snaps. He did his 'job' of taking on two blockers...now he has to do it for 70% of the snaps. Watch the film and you will see he was actually pretty darn good.

Again...Pettine is more about stability in the team than change for the sake of change. Bowe had both a hamstring and a knee injury that kept him out of practice for most of training camp and several weeks into the season. He has supposedly improved...but due to the lost time he had to get up to speed with the offense. Hopefully he has done that now...who knows...he may actually earn some of that money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    He could risk even greater injury!
    He and the team have repeatedly stated that the doctors say he is at ZERO risk to have greater injury. Not saying he won't get knocked out of this game too....but the risk of greater injury 'due to' the sore shoulder is negligable at worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    OK, you're an idiot. Not really...but the reality is that muscle soreness does in fact heal very quickly AFTER 72-96 hours. It is the nature of bruising and swelling...so the likelihood is if he was able to throw some yesterday...and he was...he may be full go by Sunday @1. I doubt this has anything to do with Manziel...and I also believe that they are sticking to their plan...which may be to give Manziel the starts after the bye week.

NT's are notorius for having little to no stats. That is the nature of taking on double teams to free up your teammates. Add in that he was limited due to a knee injury to only about 40% of the snaps. He did his 'job' of taking on two blockers...now he has to do it for 70% of the snaps. Watch the film and you will see he was actually pretty darn good.

Again...Pettine is more about stability in the team than change for the sake of change. Bowe had both a hamstring and a knee injury that kept him out of practice for most of training camp and several weeks into the season. He has supposedly improved...but due to the lost time he had to get up to speed with the offense. Hopefully he has done that now...who knows...he may actually earn some of that money.
    But given the eye test, Shelton does not look like a big time first round pick at this juncture. I do think the kid has talent and wil lbe good. But maybe not with O'Neil's staff coaching him.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Bro.. Im thinking Johnny is gonna end up getting it if it goes to a gametime decision...

I know it doesnt seem like it has anything to do with anything.. but if they are in the orange Jerseys.. how do they NOT play Johnny?

NFL is entertainment and marketing... They know ppl wanna see Manziel is that sweet orange

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

Would it kill them to put in Bibbs? I mean, the risk of doing so is???????

Last edited by OconRecon; 10-30-2015 at 04:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This coaching staff is confusing, Pettine raved about Bibbs in ota's, Housler has been a no-show. They're down to two TEs. Why not use Bibbs. idk OC, this staff seems to send the wrong message to the fans.

Post Thanks / Like

We're going to complain, now, about the TE position? So far we have problem areas identified that have included QB, LT, and TE?

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I love game time decisions. Make them game plan for both quarterbacks, who are very different and can be used very differently. Makes their coaches take up time, makes their game plan less cohesive, makes their players have to think more. Even if the message is the same, there is still a lot of differences they will need to account for.

I can't believe Pettine can't even use an old, and wise, trick WITHOUT copping shit. I mean, come the fuck on. Maybe he should name Johnny the starter and e-mail Arians the information and game plan so our team can be the bitches the fans want them to be. Fuck courtesy, keep those motherfuckers guessing until the last minute.

Post Thanks / Like

The AZ defensive leading tackler was on radio today,,

when asked about how they game plan, he essentially dont. He said they dont change their defense every week to take advantage of an opponents weaknesses and cover for their stregths. He said they play the same gameplan for every team, they dont change it.

1. Makes it easier they dont have to learn as much
    2. Allows them to perfect what they do best
    3. Instills the mentality that THEY direct the traffic, not the opposing team.

When I heard that.. and then I look at what Pettines offense is... IT really makes me believe we do overcomplicate things.

The time has come! Our Dynasty lies ahead!

Post Thanks / Like

This coaching staff is confusing, Pettine raved about Bibbs in ota's, Housler has been a no-show. They're down to two TEs. Why not use Bibbs. idk OC, this staff seems to send the wrong message to the fans.
    I have no problem giving Bibbs more time the second half of the season. Dray is a decent back up. Housler has been disappointing but may provide some insight re the Cardinals for the game this Sunday. I think this game tomorrow is going to be a real battle!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Coach Bruce Arians returns to Cleveland, where he dreamed about leading Browns, fell in love with their fans, only to be overlooked

Arians said the lack of interviews frustrated him.

“Very much so because I was notified that I was going to be contacted, and then somebody else was hired that same day,” said Arians, adding it was Mangini

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/co...ooked-1.637044
    Always remember sports are like women:
    High School all the girls play,
    NCAA only good looking girls play,
    Pro's only the Super Models play !

the most important reading you might ever do.
    http://web.archive.org/web/201607010.../genescott.htm

Post Thanks / Like

That was just depressing.

It needs to be said though - about fucking time someone gave Bottlegate some love. That shit was awesome. Every time I see that footage, or see it written about, people are such party poopers when it comes to bottlegate. It was a magic moment that deserves nothing but love.

I tip my hat to Arians. You know, Bruce, it's not too late. Come to the dark side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madmadworld View Post
    Arians said the lack of interviews frustrated him.

“Very much so because I was notified that I was going to be contacted, and then somebody else was hired that same day,” said Arians, adding it was Mangini

http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/co...ooked-1.637044
    Hiring Mangini was another disastrous move. He thought like Pettine -- downplay the passing game and win with defense and running. It worked as well then as it did for Pettine. These Browns head coaches never get the kind of dominating defense they expect to have in their minds.
    Last edited by AttackOffense; 11-01-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

John Brown is likely to play, but they're going to leave the decision until the last minute. It's going to be an interesting match-up. I think they'll look to play him outside of the right tackle, trying to create one on one situations with K'Waun Williams if we want to play Hitner closer to the line. That'd be hard for Williams to cover.

I'd like to see Joe Haden cover Micheal Floyd. I think he's a bigger threat than Larry Fitzgerald. Tramon hasn't impressed me with his downfield coverage, and that's not as much an issue with Fitz.

Ultimately, none of that will matter if we cannot stop the run. That's all Arizona is going to look to do - pound the rock until we prove we can stop it. That's going to be hard, they've got an incredible rushing offense, and CJ2K is looking vintage.