Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MEGATHREADmania XXX

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel is best brown qb ever. Him and jim brown are going be biggest stars in nfl history.

Mack. Des bryant crowell dansby mingo kruger anyone they want.

We need 1st and 4th.

Bosa ezekiel elliott darron lee braxton miller sterling shepard pharoah cooper

Kevin hogan.
    Travone boykin
    Gunner kiel
    Oregon qb
    Cardale jones

All may be worth 4th round or later flyers.

We go playmakers and instant starters everywhere.

Braxton can be qb too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Manziel is best brown qb ever.
    The ignorance is astounding.
    In the words of Tony Rizzo... "FIND ME A FREAKING QUARTERBACK!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldDawgCliff View Post
    Good question. We don't know if Manziel is that guy and we are not even trying to find out. Maybe later this season. Maybe next year. Maybe never.
    We will never find out.

Of course those who don't like manziel will disagree. Which is fine, it's an opinion.

But what has been found out is investing in unproven dinosaurs in hopes of instant gratification by achieving mediocrity is for losers who get fired.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by next2nothing View Post

For 2 years now.

If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. One more thing boys and girls, never forget aussies is just pussies spelled with an "a". A Public Service Message from BF56

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    For 2 years now.

What! A 1956 post with no cussing? Lordy, Lordy, Lordy!
    Last edited by Brownsfan; 10-30-2015 at 08:22 PM.

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

They say ignorance is bliss.. LOL
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Idk much about Goff other than people have been up and down on him all year but if Goff worked out and turned the franchise around that trade wouldn't even be judged harshly.
    Certainly worth it if he's a franchise quarterback, but making that trade in 1. The hopes he is a franchise quarterback and 2. In the hopes someone else will make a trade with us to get him, is quite a lot of wishful thinking.

I'd possibly consider it in a draft day trade, similar to how things were looking to go with a Mariota trade, but now? Fuck that noise. And I do like Goff, so I'd not be painfully ruined by it, but losing a pro-bowl center and a pro-bowl corner is a lot - especially when we're low on talent as it is. Sticking a young quarterback on this team is something I already hate, much less when some of our starters are a year older and we'll be losing two very good players. It'll be Tim Couch all over again.

The way this season is trending and the general well being of the team, no one is safe...not even Andy Lee.

I want a franchise QB. We need a franchise QB. Question should be, who is that guy??
    I feel you, Hammer. I just don't think we're going to find a franchise quarterback unless we manage to actually build a team around him. The way McCown has played this year, we should be winning, and if McCown was 23 I would be beyond livid in the team's performance (Not that I am not already).

Ultimately, I'd rather keep everyone (Coaching staff included) and continue building the team. Next draft, we focus on fixing this fucking front seven and getting a wide receiver.

If our offense can hold Benjamin, Gordon and a young stud. And our defense can actually generate some run stopping and pass rush. And that comes with Johnny having learned another year, gone another year in Flip's system, and gone through another training camp WITH an offense he doesn't have to learn?

Shit, I think that could be the difference between winning and losing already. That's why I hate the idea that this season is trending. We knew the team had holes, we knew the team had growing to do. It just needs a litttlleeeee more time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Certainly worth it if he's a franchise quarterback, but making that trade in 1. The hopes he is a franchise quarterback and 2. In the hopes someone else will make a trade with us to get him, is quite a lot of wishful thinking.

I'd possibly consider it in a draft day trade, similar to how things were looking to go with a Mariota trade, but now? Fuck that noise. And I do like Goff, so I'd not be painfully ruined by it, but losing a pro-bowl center and a pro-bowl corner is a lot - especially when we're low on talent as it is. Sticking a young quarterback on this team is something I already hate, much less when some of our starters are a year older and we'll be losing two very good players. It'll be Tim Couch all over again.
    I agree that losing those guys would hurt and is a big price to pay right now. However, what I'm dreading now is that 1. With the way the season is going we're going to finish pretty piss poor which will result in another blowup and 2. That the older guys like Mack will choose to leave because of the constant turnover. Mack is going to have the option to void the final 3 years of his contract after this season and right now I'm expecting him to do it.

It's looking like we won't have to worry about trading anything for a top 3 pick anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that losing those guys would hurt and is a big price to pay right now. However, what I'm dreading now is that 1. With the way the season is going we're going to finish pretty piss poor which will result in another blowup and 2. That the older guys like Mack will choose to leave because of the constant turnover. Mack is going to have the option to void the final 3 years of his contract after this season and right now I'm expecting him to do it.

It's looking like we won't have to worry about trading anything for a top 3 pick anyway.
    I think Mack and Gipson are gone after this season. Browns are always in re-build mode. That's why you need to try and win every year, because these 3 and 5 year plans never work out, too much changes every year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    will they take alex mack, justin gilbert, and coach o'neal for their 1st rd pick?
    Bortles is beginning to get it. Jacksonville has done some dumb things, but they also have made some good picks. They need help on defense, for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AttackOffense View Post
    Bortles is beginning to get it. Jacksonville has done some dumb things, but they also have made some good picks. They need help on defense, for sure.
    I wanted Bortles....but come on...he has 5 INT's in his last 3 games, still is below 56% completion rate....and only 2 games all year with above an 84 QB rating. He is still FAR from developed. If he were on the Browns...half this board would be crucifying him.
    Football is all about synergy. Replace a poor player with a great player and watch the surrounding players suddenly seem vastly improved. When you aren't covering for someone else, you can do YOUR JOB better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
    I wanted Bortles....but come on...he has 5 INT's in his last 3 games, still is below 56% completion rate....and only 2 games all year with above an 84 QB rating. He is still FAR from developed. If he were on the Browns...half this board would be crucifying him.
    Bortles has plenty of work to do but, again, I put more stock in watching players play than statistics and I see improvement from Bortles. just like I see it from Manziel.

Post Thanks / Like

If XXXX were on the Browns...half this board would be crucifying him.
    You can just change the "XXXX" to literally any name. Hell, Joe Thomas has been crucified. Again, my advice? Don't feed the trolls Dawg. It makes the board much more enjoyable when they are living on a minimalist diet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DawgsDefense View Post
    Manziel is best brown qb ever. Him and jim brown are going be biggest stars in nfl history
    We are about to legalize weed here in Ohio, can I please get the name of your supplier? Thanks in advance!
    If you don't watch the games yourself and only parrot what the talking heads say YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WRITE THAT I CARE TO READ BECAUSE YOU ARE AN ASSHAT. i mean that in the best way possible of course. One more thing boys and girls, never forget aussies is just pussies spelled with an "a". A Public Service Message from BF56

Post Thanks / Like

Meh, I wanted us to draft Bortles and nothing would have changed in the long run. We still would have tried to bring him along slowly and there would be those wondering why that is.
    BROWNS 2017: ANALYTICS, IT'S NOT JUST SOMETHING YOU TRY IN THE BEDROOM ANYMORE!

"I just do not get worked up over games anymore. I realized some time ago there is no point in getting worked up over them. I have no control over the outcome, it has no impact on me personally, and I have little to no actual facts to work from on properly analyzing the results." - Masters

"Don't try to make me feel dumb for my opinion. You can kiss my ass." - MalcolmBrown

WOOF WOOF WOOF!

nickers is online now Muffin Utility Research Kitchen Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    We are about to legalize weed here in Ohio, can I please get the name of your supplier? Thanks in advance!
    I want to know too
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano. "
    I pray someone takes a stack of SPARQ stats, and shoves them up smug Sashi Browns tight asshole" ~TBPP

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A. Manziel had a great scrimmage and played better than McCown from that point on.
    B. He's 1-0, 22, and looked great in that game.
    C. The Browns seriously seem to not wanna play him. Why? Who knows. Nobody knows. Without an answer, we just look like fucktards.

I think we can agree on A through C. Nobody's really a hater or lover of Josh McCown. He's just a guy playing quarterback for a team going nowhere and clearly not our guy for the long haul. It makes the season unbearable.

I haven't felt so disinterested since Couch got hurt and some right guard played quarterback.

Post Thanks / Like

Fuck Mack. He can go if he wants. He won't leave though. His play has declined, he's fresh off a broken leg and he's about to turn 30. He's not getting a $45M deal anywhere else. Frankly, we'd be list to let him walk and start Cam Irving at center. He's best in the middle anyway, and he'll be fine after another year of development.

Losing Mack's contract gives us the chance to retain guys like Benjamin, Barnidge and probably still sign a pretty good player in free agency.

Haden would hurt, although Haden didn't look like Haden so far this year. None the less, I wouldn't want to lose that dude.

Unfortunately, I think you're right, we're looking at a top five pick. Personally, I'd rather that go towards a pass rusher either, on the interior or linebacker, than towards a quarterback. Man, if we could get Joey Bosa. Orchard, Cooper, Shelton, Bosa, Kruger sounds tasty with three of them in their second year. If this was my team, McCown plays the rest of the year (Maybe Johnny gets to mop up late) and we see how we go next season - Manziel in his second year in the system, his third training camp, a better team around him (Fingers crossed for Gordon so hard they might break) sounds like a recipe for success, to me.

Oh, and on MTT's comment, it doesn't matter what Manziel does - Otto Graham is the greatest Browns quarterback of all time, and nobody will ever beat what he did. He was a straight up pimp. All that motherfucker did was win. I don't think he ever knew what a loss was.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with BDU 100%. Good teams find centers to plug in all over the draft, especially ZB teams. I don't get the Mack fixation, never did. Having the best center in football means about as much as having the best RG... and Mack hasn't been anywhere near the best anyway.

The two dominant QBs right now are Brady and Rodgers. Neither has a superstar WR. How are those teams doing? I'm in Canada, so somebody catch me up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    Fuck Mack. He can go if he wants. He won't leave though. His play has declined, he's fresh off a broken leg and he's about to turn 30. He's not getting a $45M deal anywhere else. Frankly, we'd be list to let him walk and start Cam Irving at center. He's best in the middle anyway, and he'll be fine after another year of development.

Losing Mack's contract gives us the chance to retain guys like Benjamin, Barnidge and probably still sign a pretty good player in free agency.

Haden would hurt, although Haden didn't look like Haden so far this year. None the less, I wouldn't want to lose that dude.

Unfortunately, I think you're right, we're looking at a top five pick. Personally, I'd rather that go towards a pass rusher either, on the interior or linebacker, than towards a quarterback. Man, if we could get Joey Bosa. Orchard, Cooper, Shelton, Bosa, Kruger sounds tasty with three of them in their second year. If this was my team, McCown plays the rest of the year (Maybe Johnny gets to mop up late) and we see how we go next season - Manziel in his second year in the system, his third training camp, a better team around him (Fingers crossed for Gordon so hard they might break) sounds like a recipe for success, to me.

Oh, and on MTT's comment, it doesn't matter what Manziel does - Otto Graham is the greatest Browns quarterback of all time, and nobody will ever beat what he did. He was a straight up pimp. All that motherfucker did was win. I don't think he ever knew what a loss was.
    Haha, I fucking forgot Erving was even on the team. I don't know if that's sadder on my part or the teams part.

I hope that they start giving Bibbs some time because while Barnidge has been tearing it up he's not long for the NFL. Need to have a prospect behind him.

Honestly... I just want to see us get an IMPACT player. Idc if he plays O or D. Get me a guy who can make a legit impact on the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Annoying is New England - Tom Brady is going off, and they're starting two rookie guards they got in the fucking fourth round. - Correction, only one was found in the fourth, the other fourth round pick lost out to an undrafted free agent they've developed on the practice squad for the last two seasons.

I'm with Shep, great teams find line talent a little later. #19 was way too high for a guard or center, but oh well.

I'd like to see Bibbs too, but Barnidge is just playing too well and we don't run a lot of multiple set tight ends. Dray's use is still blocking, and Mr. Bibbs, like most young players, struggled there. I expect we'll see more of that kid next season, and perhaps Barnidge will walk and we'll outright start Bibbs.

If the Browns roll with Johnny, I'd like to see Bibbs come in immediately. Johnny has chemistry with him, and we've got to get away from this fucking blocking. Tight ends are better used stretching the field anyway. Why try block a linebacker when you can make him run his ass down the field following an athletic tight end? Even a decoy route is better than a block, in my opinion. Takes away their mismatch, give it to us.

I still disagree with Shep on receiver. Rodgers and Brady might not need them, but I'd rather have one until we find ourselves a Brady or Rodgers. I get a fucking hard on thinking about my vision of 2016 - Manziel, Gordon, Benjamin, a young stud WR and Barnidge/Bibbs. That's a fucking offense. That shit alone WILL make the ground game work because you cannot play the run with those motherfuckers lining up, you'll get burned every single time.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and this is off topic, but Malcom Johnson's run blocking has really improved the last two weeks. The kid has made some really nice blocks after struggling early. I tip my hat to him. Hopefully his role will start to expand a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a chance. If he was here, he wouldn't be starting. We'd find a journeyman quarterback like Hoyer or McCown to play in front of him. Half the board might be crucifying him, but it wouldn't be because of interceptions because he wouldn't be playing. And half of us would be begging for a chance to see if he could be great just like we are currently begging for a chance to see if Manziel can be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Agree with BDU 100%. Good teams find centers to plug in all over the draft, especially ZB teams. I don't get the Mack fixation, never did. Having the best center in football means about as much as having the best RG... and Mack hasn't been anywhere near the best anyway.

The two dominant QBs right now are Brady and Rodgers. Neither has a superstar WR. How are those teams doing? I'm in Canada, so somebody catch me up.
    Here we go again. You need really good players everywhere, including the center and wide receiver positions.

Guys like WR Cobb and WR/TE Nelson for Green Bay and WR Edelman and WR/TE Gronkowski for New England are elite players.