Thread: Well, well, well Buckeye fan....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, well, well Buckeye fan....

Could Clemson and Ohio State be on pace to have our 2nd match-up in 3 years? This time in the Natty? Buckeye fans better hope not. Playing Clemson never ends well for them - and certainly wouldn't this year either.

Clemson and Ohio State are college football's only complete teams

We have about a dozen other contenders, but each has a worry on one side of the ball or other other. For now, there are two names to trust.
    Tweet (114) Share (910)
    Pin

Everybody stinks! It's total chaos! It's another 2007 just waiting to happen!

We tell ourselves these things every year, in part because chaos is awesome, and college football pretty reliably produces it.

To be sure, we've got evidence on our side this time. In two weeks, one unbeaten team has remained that way despite the unlikeliest of "bad punt snap, fumble return TD" combinations, and another was knocked from the list of undefeateds by a blocked field goal return score as time expired. College football is a haunted house, and you never know when the lights are going off.

But while the "another 2007!" thing is probably wishful -- there are far too many unbeaten teams for us to be envisioning a sea of two-loss teams -- there's might be a point to the "everybody stinks!" thing. Everybody doesn't stink, but the lack of separation at the top of the computer ratings is stark.

Take a look at the top of this week's F/+ ratings and compare them to last year. Not only have this year's No. 2 and 3 teams (Michigan and Alabama) already combined for three losses, neither would have fit into last year's top four. No. 4 LSU wouldn't have been in last year's top eight.

Now, part of that is that teams have had only eight weeks to separate themselves. There are six more to go. I would be stunned if No. 1 Clemson were the only true elite at season's end. Somebody will rise.
    Rest of the article here: http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...son-ohio-state

Post Thanks / Like

That will never happen. Clemson is like a AA team or something right?

Nice dream though.

Might be the most boring championship game in history if so. Win by 50? Yah, I'll take that bet.

If by some insane amount of luck Clemson manages to make the playoffs, it will undoubtedly be one and done.

Hang onto those dreams though, being a Browns fan I know exactly how you must feel about your alma mater.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    A whiner is almost always wrong. A winner never whines.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised it took 2 days for a Buckeye to respond.

Remember the last time we played? I'm sure you're trying to forget.

Beating Ohio State; ending their QB's career at the position; and holding their star running back to his season low total and YPC wasn't too difficult then - won't be difficult this year either.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually I barely remember. You had to remind me. Because it was a blip on the screen of our radar in an off year.

You however, will hang onto that for the rest of your life.

Enjoy.

I can't stand it when a player whines to me or his teammates or his wife or the writers or anyone else.
    - Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBestPlayersPlay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually I barely remember. You had to remind me. Because it was a blip on the screen of our radar in an off year.

You however, will hang onto that for the rest of your life.

Enjoy.
    Struggling with Minnesota? With superstar "12 Gauge" at QB too? And think you can hang with the best team in the country? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Buckeyes are so mediocre. Better pray to the college football Gods you don't get Clemson in the 1st round or the Natty; we would beat you like a drum. Buckeye defense is mediocre at best.

Carry on with how great Cardale Jones is and talk of a Natty delusion Buckeye fans...
    Last edited by The_QCT; 11-09-2015 at 07:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you pounding your chest about a poor showing by our backup QB? The same backup QB that decimated the competition last year to win it all? The same competition that a team like Clemson only has dreams of beating?

Good luck with that.

Keep those dreams alive.

- Paul Brown

Post Thanks / Like

Now Jones is your backup? LOL.... Just a couple weeks ago he was a superstar per Buckeyes.

You might want to re-watch last year's games - Elliott on the OSU D obliterated people...Jones was just along for the ride.

You're trying hard...I'll give you that. But doesn't negate the facts, Clemson is a better football team; and now a better program than OSU. I am praying we meet in the playoffs....it won't be pretty for the Buckeye faithful...again.