Thread: Change the tempo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Change the tempo

I think Manziel time is here. We need tempo a d have duke johnson as primary back and turbin as bruiser.

Gabriel benjy on reverses and screens.

Run deep corner and posts. Let the team rip. See if we can outscore arizona and the afc north. Defense needs to run four lineman and nickle. Gipson poyer hitner all at safety.

tramon haden.....gilbert rotating corner and safety with everyone.
    Kirksey mingo

Kruger shelton cooper dansby

Lets play fucking ball

Post Thanks / Like

At 2-5, with two wins against teams with only 1 win apiece, it's definitely time to put Johnny or Austin Davis in there and start planning for next year. I don't really see the point in trying to pretend that McCown is going to lead us to a bunch of wins. He's good enough to make it interesting and if our defense was better maybe it'd matter, but it doesn't. So we should definitely turn our attention to next year.

nickers is offline Muffin Utility Research Kitchen All-Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Put Austin Davis in... I ready to move on from Johnny Ding Dong...
    " There are no old running QB's in the NFL " ~ Sam Rutigliano

Its Offense baby!!!!!" "ITS
    OFFENSE!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Put Austin Davis in... I ready to move on from Johnny Ding Dong...
    This is what I do not understand. Ready to move on after he has, what 3 starts? Who but Brown's fans would move on from a first round QB after 3 starts? In what world does that make any sense at all?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eqrulz101 View Post
    This is what I do not understand. Ready to move on after he has, what 3 starts? Who but Brown's fans would move on from a first round QB after 3 starts? In what world does that make any sense at all?
    I think Austin Davis is a very capable back up and the Bowns are lucky to have him. But you are right -- Manziel deserves the full shot at some point here. Browns are idiots if they don't learn more about Manziel this season in game situations as we approachthe 2016 draft.

Post Thanks / Like

snickers does slap a hoe around pretty good....but how that translates onto the field I don't know. If the organization had any class he and farmer would be sent packing.

To the OP you in all of your wisdom have said repeatedly its snickers time since he was drafted, so pardon those of us who remember you as mtt before that handle became to embarrassing for even you. You have a mancrush and zero, none no perspective about snickers. You say has name and the angels sing in your world.... so pardon me for just shaking my head and laughing at you.
    Go Browns. Winning the Super Bowl will be the best revenge on those who laugh at us. I live for that day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownsfan1956 View Post
    snickers does slap a hoe around pretty good....but how that translates onto the field I don't know. If the organization had any class he and farmer would be sent packing.
    I found the contradiction pretty funny '56.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm getting to the stage now where I'm fine with Johnny time. I think we all know in our heart of hearts that he cannot win. Defense sucks to bad, running game doesn't work. We've already seen him in that situation and he got obliterated by the Bungles and Jets. His lone win came as a result of the defense amassing seven sacks, special teams magic and Travis Benjamin running wide open two different times. The bottom line - He can only hope to be the new Josh McCown - Even if he plays well, it's an unwinnable situation.

I mean, shit, people talk about throwing him out against the Cardinals like it's enjoyable. Top passing offense, top rushing offense, great fucking defense. Go out-duel that, Johnny.

I'm very tired of watching young players be forced to do more than they should, and then be hounded if they fail to do it. That goes without saying. But I'm also tired of having dumbass fans who won't let development run it's course. I can only hope the dude we draft next year is much more pro-ready, and our new GM can actually hit on talent, or we'll be having this conversation for the 20th time - the names will be different, but fans actually thinking it's going to work this time will not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brownsdownunder View Post
    I can only hope the dude we draft next year is much more pro-ready, and our new GM can actually hit on talent, or we'll be having this conversation for the 20th time - the names will be different, but fans actually thinking it's going to work this time will not.
    BDU you have one foot over on the dark side....come on over fully, we have warm cookies! (and no goddamn snickers bars) lol
    Go Browns. Winning the Super Bowl will be the best revenge on those who laugh at us. I live for that day.

brownsdownunder is offline Fuck Cancer! R.I.P Sean Webb I am a Golden God!!
    Post Thanks / Like

BDU you have one foot over on the dark side....come on over fully, we have warm cookies! (and no goddamn snickers bars) lol
    I'm almost there. The Browns are fucking killing me this year.

It's interesting. My team over here, North Queensland Cowboys, just won the 2015 premiership. It's the first year of my life that a team I support has gone all the way and won the big game. Outside of the return of the Browns, this was the greatest moment in sporting history that I've experienced. It was interesting watching the team win. We've got players like Jason Taumololo, Micheal Morgan, Kyle Feldt, Jake Granville and Ethan Lowe - all so young and only just stepping out of second grade and into first grade. These insanely talented kids were all part of winning it, and played amazing roles in doing so. For the last few years, the team has struggled, and fans were begging for these kids to be thrown in. The team just asked for patience, these kids were learning in second grade but they'll be elevated to the main team when they are ready. Development is all part of the future and you cannot rush it, so let us do our thing, and stick with us. Jason Taumololo and Micheal Morgan actually spent their "rookie contracts" entirely developing, and got new deals last year before being full time starters.

The season was crazy. Not only were the kids now ready to play, but they were ready to thrive. The Cowboys have the best player in the world, but these kids still stepped in and started doing shit for themselves, making plays and holding their own around our existing high level talent. So ready they're all a shoe in to represent state and country at the elite levels of the game. The team was so similar to the Kardiac Kids, they made a living all season of clawing their way to victory by overcoming big deficits, and even in the premiership game, scoring a try (touchdown) as the clock ran down to zero to lock up the scores and force overtime, and going on to win.

I was so happy the Browns looked to be doing the same thing. Let the kids develop, don't throw them in too soon, let it play out so their opportunities can come on their terms when they are ready. We might not got to the playoffs, we might not win, but at least we'll end this fucking cycle of throwing young kids out, watching them drown and pretending we did the right fucking thing. Watching the Browns reminded me of watching the Cowboys a few years ago, especially with the kids getting a few chances and showing development - It was clear to see the plan was actually working and was on the right track. The team was always a few plays from winning, and the kids would eventually develop into making those few plays.

The difference comes in the form of fans and media. The Browns media is easily the worst sporting media that has ever fucking existed. It is disgusting. They spend all day, all night, all year, riling the fans up. Pissing them off, spewing hatred about the team, and forcing the dumbass fan base to apply insurmountable pressure on the ownership, coaching staff and players. The same idiots who convinced the fans Johnny was ready day one are still convincing fans he's ready to step in and be great now and development is a lie that doesn't exist and will just waste our time - Why? - The shit sells. Who gives a fuck if he's great or flops, the narrative will sell like crazy either way, and if he falters - we get to do it with the next kid all over again! This media would rather Johnny fail, starting this weekend, than watch him take the Browns to the Superbowl two years from now, that I wholeheartedly believe.

And the fans aren't much better. Team wants patience and development? Fuck you, start everyone now, they better be immediately great, or we'll chase you out of town. How dare you not take this shitty roster that is mid-overhaul and win immediately. We want another coaching overturn, we want another roster overturn. Half the fucking fan base doesn't even like Joe Thomas, for fuck sake, that is how bad it's gotten.

I'll add, we have the best fans in sport. They're the most passionate, they will stand by the team through anything, they're not ashamed to sing loud and proud that we love our shitty team. The problem is they just won't shut the fuck up and let things play out. Just give it a few years to actually build up, install all we need to install, make the adjustments we need to make and grow into the team we need to be. One would think it's clear that our team won't be fixed in two drafts, yet we still have that expectation and will join in our fucking abysmal media's howling if the unrealistic expectations are not met.

It just is what it is. Pete Carroll had two straight losing seasons with Seattle, and that's while fixing some incredible late round gems to help turn it around. Jason Garrett didn't get above .500 until his 5th year with Dallas. Marvin Lewis had two winning seasons in his first eight years, including two four win seasons.

Romo, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers, Eli Manning, Palmer etc - the list goes on of the best players in the league all developing. Shit, Tyrod Taylor, Brian Hoyer, Josh McCown and Brandon Weeden are all in the top 15 for passing rating, clearly benefiting of their development. You go over the rosters of the great teams and a lot of their rookies don't produce for several years. When you've got a great roster, development is just accepted as natural, and then these kids step in and don't miss a beat because they've learned all they can before needing to put it into practice.

Seeing the success the Cowboys (Here, not Dallas) had with it, seeing what other teams have done with it, it just hits me hard this year. Just once I want to see some continuity, some development seen through, but it's just not destined to happen. It seems like the Browns are only going to turn it around with a god-like draft/free agency period in which we hit on a tonne of players, including a pro-ready franchise quarterback who'll have a team magically form around him.

The "Pettine needs fired, cut all these players and start again" narrative kills my soul and any optimism I have for this team both now and in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

My Brother, welcome to the darkside.

Post Thanks / Like

It's such a shame. It's beyond comprehension that a team can have so many great opportunities over a 15 year period to draft good players, including the QB position, and they blow it every time!